This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro at New York Comic Con!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Hasbro at New York Comic Con!

Postby El Duque » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We just received the following press release from Hasbro announcing their first ever presence at New York Comic Con, October 13-16 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City, as well as Hasbro's title sponsorship of the "NYCC Kids!" Day at the convention. There is also mention of HasbroToyShop.com special edition products made for the convention.

See the press release below:

Image]

HASBRO ANNOUNCES NEW YORK COMIC CON DEBUT AND TITLE SPONSORSHIP OF “NYCC KIDS!”

The Global Branded Play Company to Showcase Its Iconic Pop-Culture Properties at the Convention and Host the National BEYBLADE Championship at New York Comic Con’s “NYCC Kids!”

PAWTUCKET, R.I. – SEPTEMBER 8, 2011 - For the first time at New York Comic Con, Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) will attend the convention at the Javits Convention Center in New York City from October 13-16 to present many of its iconic brands and meet with fans. Hasbro will have a significant booth presence featuring current and upcoming products from its TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS and KRE-O brands and BEYBLADE, MARVEL and STAR WARS lines. Additionally, Hasbro will host panels for several of its properties and action figure lines as well as offer for sale several HasbroToyShop.com special edition products made for New York Comic Con convention goers.

In addition to its booth exhibition during the main convention, Hasbro will be the title sponsor of New York Comic Con’s “NYCC Kids!” taking place on Sunday, October 16. Within NYCC Kids!, Hasbro will host the National BEYBLADE Championship where semi-finalists from around the country will battle in head-to-head competition to be crowned the BEYBLADE U.S. Champion. The BEYBLADE National Championship winner will be awarded travel to the BEYBLADE World Championship, in Toronto, Canada in March 2012. A worldwide phenomenon, BEYBLADE is a battling tops game with a focus on strategy and high-performance competition. Kids collect, customize and compete head-to-head to be the last BEYBLADE top spinning. Fans can visit http://www.BeybladeBattles.com for additional information, official rules and kids 8-13 can register for regional qualifier events.

“Hasbro is looking forward to an exciting and substantial presence for its first ever participation in New York Comic Con,” said Jeff Jackson, vice president of U.S. marketing for Hasbro. “As this show continues to grow we’re thrilled to be attending this year to offer our fans the opportunity to engage with Hasbro’s brands in unique ways at both the convention and NYCC Kids! events.”
Hasbro’s NYCC Kids! presence will also offer families the opportunity to experience its new KRE-O TRANSFORMERS line of construction toys and new NERF VORTEX line of disc blasters. More details about

Hasbro’s booth, panels, special edition New York Comic-Con figures and other special events at the convention will be released in the coming weeks. Hasbro will be located at booth #302. For more information about New York Comic Con and NYCC Kids!, fans and families can visit http://www.NewYorkComicCon.com

# # #

About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Hasbro at New York Comic Con!

Postby Mkall » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Didn't realize NYCC was so close. Should be interesting to see more of their post-DOTM plans.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby griftimus prime » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
heres hoping for images of lots of new prime figures and new leader class megatron and shockwaves for dotm
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Starparu » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Motto: "I always win, even when it seems like I have lost. Watch your back"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
And don't forget, Dino/Mirage. Now I see what Hasbro did, they've never been at this convention before, so they would have to realeas 90-95% of the releases at Toyfair, Botcon and SDCC. So they split SDCC with the NYCC. So now I know Dino, Leader Megs and Shockwave are coming....I think my heart just skipped a beat ;P
Last edited by Starparu on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primary TF Collection: DOTM Status
Haves: LDR: Ironhide, Sentinel Prime
Wants: HA: Soundwave, LDR: Takara Jetwing Optimus Prime, Megatron (Rumor), Shockwave (Rumor)

Secondary TF Collection: DOTM Status
Haves: VGR: Shockwave :D, Megatron
Wants: DLX: Barricade, VGR: Optimus, Ironhide, ULT: Optimus
Starparu
Micromaster
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby funeralthirst7 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:56 pm

This might have just sealed the deal for me to go. I was firmly against going this year because money is a little tighter and they really pissed me off last year with the way they ran the Stan Lee signings amongst other things. But with Hasbro finally showing up at NYCC (what took so long?) and Mark Hamill appearing I think I'm going.
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic

Recent acquisitions:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime
Masterpiece Thundercracker

GDO Powerdive

Prime Dreadwing (Voyager)
Prime Skyquake (Cyberverse)
funeralthirst7
Minibot
Buy from funeralthirst7 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9

Postby Stormrider » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Will this be a good convention? I might go if it turns out to be.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby TimothyR » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Starparu wrote:And don't forget, Dino/Mirage. Now I see what Hasbro did, they've never been at this convention before, so they would have to realeas 90-95% of the releases at Toyfair, Botcon and SDCC. So they split SDCC with the NYCC. So Know I KNOW Dino, Leader Megs and Shockwave are coming....I think my heart just skipped a beat ;P

i wouldn't get your hopes up for dino and leader megatron and/or shockwave.

i personally wish they would show us photos of those figures prior to the con.. or at least confirm what the rest of the movie line will be.

hopefully they have some of the figures from their previous panel on display, like prime wheeljack, voyager starscream, etc.

oh, and i think you have one too many "k"s in your post.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Starparu » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Motto: "I always win, even when it seems like I have lost. Watch your back"
Ah..thanks for pointing that out :P

Still, I might as well just hope for the best and try to be optimistic. If we don't get them, oh well.
Primary TF Collection: DOTM Status
Haves: LDR: Ironhide, Sentinel Prime
Wants: HA: Soundwave, LDR: Takara Jetwing Optimus Prime, Megatron (Rumor), Shockwave (Rumor)

Secondary TF Collection: DOTM Status
Haves: VGR: Shockwave :D, Megatron
Wants: DLX: Barricade, VGR: Optimus, Ironhide, ULT: Optimus
Starparu
Micromaster
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8

Postby highburn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Motto: ""I draw things, I color things, sometimes I go out in public.""
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
NYCC is a great con. I'm there every year doing autographs and such as well myself (Michael Watkins). So if you guys go to the con, come find me in artist alley just to say hi. I'd love to meet some fellow seibertronians in person.
Things I won’t do:
Give you up
Let you down
Run around
Desert you
Make you cry
Say goodbye
Tell a lie
Hurt you
highburn
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from highburn on eBay
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby highburn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:56 pm

BTW if you guys want pics of anything or some type of promo thing, pm me and I'll get my agent to try and get it done.
Things I won’t do:
Give you up
Let you down
Run around
Desert you
Make you cry
Say goodbye
Tell a lie
Hurt you
highburn
Mini-Con

Postby LadyBug » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:01 pm

I kind of wish I was going now. I had a chance to go to NYCC this year, but it's so close to my convention in November, I turned it down. Argh.
LadyBug
Vehicon

Postby highburn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 pm

What Con are you doing in November?
Things I won’t do:
Give you up
Let you down
Run around
Desert you
Make you cry
Say goodbye
Tell a lie
Hurt you
highburn
Mini-Con

Postby LadyBug » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 am

highburn wrote:What Con are you doing in November?

Youmacon. It's an anime-related con up in Detroit.
LadyBug
Vehicon

Postby Stormrider » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:26 am

highburn wrote:BTW if you guys want pics of anything or some type of promo thing, pm me and I'll get my agent to try and get it done.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby alternator77 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
theyre going to announce a nemesis version of ultimate prime,a white repaint of voyager prime,a stealth leader bb,a green and blue shockwave,a black leader ih with red highlights,and a value pack of bb's in different colors

8-} 8-} :roll:

ill probably go again this year but for the sellers room ill be looking for older stuff as anything new will be a pass.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby El Duque » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The New York Comic Con has revealed it's schedule of events and it appears there will be four Transformer related panels: Jagex will be discussing their upcoming Transformers Universe MMO, Hasbro will have a panel devoted to all things Transformers including the upcoming ride at Universal, the Transformers Prime team will be on hand to talk about the show, and lastly Hasbro will have an all inclusive panel that will of course feature Transformers.

Jagex - Transformers MMO

Date: Friday, October 14
7:45 pm - 8:45 pm

Speaker:

Description:
Join members from Jagex game studio and Hasbro as they take a look at elements from the upcoming MMO game, “Transformers Universe.”

Track:
Video Games

Hasbro: Transformers

Date: Saturday, October 15
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm

Speaker:

Description:
Join members of Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS team as they discuss many aspects of the massive “More Than Meets the Eye” pop-culture brand including action figures, video-games, television series, theme park rides and more!

Track:
Toys

Hasbro: Transformers Prime

Date: Sunday, October 16
11:00 am - 12:00 pm

Speaker:

Description:
Join the creative team from Hasbro Studios as they take an in-depth look at Transformers Prime, the popular CGI animated series currently airing on The Hub television network!

Track:
TV

Hasbro

Date: Sunday, October 16
3:00 pm - 4:15 pm

Speaker:

Description:
Join Hasbro for fun-filled looks at some of their most popular brands including TRANSFORMERS!

Track:
Kids
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby griftimus prime » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
leader shockwave and megatron please
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby dinogeist » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 am

has hasbro ever had this big of a dominate presence at the NYCC with 4 live panels?

I don't recall hasbro ever showing anything TF toys new at NYCC in previous years.

it'll be interesting to see what happens at NYCC with hasbro & their TF stuff.

I'm about a hour & a halfaway from NYCC. If it was botcon this close i'd go. but I don't think it's worth my time,gas,tolls,parking fees nor admission fees to bother going. I think i'll play it smart,stay home & stay tuned to my computer. they'll be plenty of pics & reviews on all the major TF fan sites.
Last edited by dinogeist on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby LadyBug » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 am

deathy wrote:has hasbro ever had this big of a dominate presence at the NYCC with 4 live panels?

I don't recall hasbro ever showing anything TF toys new at NYCC in previous years.

it'll be interesting to see what happens at NYCC with hasbro & their TF stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, this is Hasbros first year at NYCC? I could be mistaken, but I thought I read that somewhere.
LadyBug
Vehicon

Postby Stormrider » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Are they showing new toy pictures or just talking about the Transformers brand?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Bottle Crunch & Squeak Dog Toy Hasbro 2023 New"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON