This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MP-10 Convoy Version 2.0 Now In-Stock at BBTS

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

MP-10 Convoy Version 2.0 Now In-Stock at BBTS

Postby El Duque » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:12 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We just received word from site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com that Takara's highly anticipated MP-10 Convoy Version 2.0 is now in-stock and orders are processing. Orders can be placed by clicking here.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: MP-10 Convoy Version 2.0 Now In-Stock at BBTS

Postby Skycharger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

Come on bigbad you can do better than that! How about 299.99? or perhaps 349.99? Sounds like a bargain!
Skycharger
Mini-Con

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:53 am

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Can't wait for this bad boy to arrive!! :BOT:
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby FellintoOblivion » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:26 am

$250?

Sheesh, I feel like I could get it cheaper by calling around Tokyo and importing it if I spoke Japanese.
Looking for the Megatron gun (or just the stock) that came with 20th anniversary MP Optimus Prime.
FellintoOblivion
Vehicon

Postby Overcracker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
HLJ based out of Japan is pricing it at 17,600 yen which is roughly 230 bucks, so basically BBTS is tacking on a 20 dollar importing fee. Doesn't seem out of the question considering you still need to pay around 50 bucks for shipping to the US with HLJ.

But only around 10 or 15 if you use BBTS, and even less if you combine your shipping with other item.

All in all its not too bad of a price considering.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Astronopolis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:13 pm

waiting for a release without the trailer, 250 is too rich for my blood
Astronopolis
Fuzor

Postby 009* » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Astronopolis wrote:waiting for a release without the trailer, 250 is too rich for my blood

Yeah, as tempting as this is, it's a bit too much, especially for those of use getting the Hercules figures. Since this is Optimus, I'm sure Hasbro will release this through TRU.
009*
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10

Postby Cybershark » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Overcracker wrote:HLJ based out of Japan is pricing it at 17,600 yen which is roughly 230 bucks, so basically BBTS is tacking on a 20 dollar importing fee. Doesn't seem out of the question considering you still need to pay around 50 bucks for shipping to the US with HLJ.

But only around 10 or 15 if you use BBTS, and even less if you combine your shipping with other item.

Thats closer to $180, and BBTS marks most of there items up 100% (they basically double what they pay), not to mention they are getting there product DIRECTLY from Takara. So BBTS is not marking it up only $20, they are marking up probably $100-125. I have had many dealings with BBTS since 2000. They are only getting worse the larger they become.
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby Cybershark » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Skycharger wrote:Come on bigbad you can do better than that! How about 299.99? or perhaps 349.99? Sounds like a bargain!

You are right, but HAS/TAK are to blame they keep churning out smaller MP toys at far higher price points year after year, its a joke. Everyone paying that much should be ashamed. Its only going to go higher and higher til everyone learns not to pay that much for the SAME toy over and over and over, just to get a re-tweak here and there.
I mean its fine to pay that much if your rich or thats all you collect. If not its not only a joke but ridiculous. Just 6 years ago we were complaining about $100 for MP figures still.

Just ranting as usual,lol.
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby Cybershark » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Overcracker wrote:HLJ based out of Japan is pricing it at 17,600 yen which is roughly 230 bucks, so basically BBTS is tacking on a 20 dollar importing fee. Doesn't seem out of the question considering you still need to pay around 50 bucks for shipping to the US with HLJ.

WHOOPS, did a more recent conversion on yen and damn you are right on that!!!! $229 is what I came up with, it used to be closer to 1 to 100 yen, but its now 76.6 for every dollar. DAMNZZZZ,LOL
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby Gojira101 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I could never in good concious ever purchase any product from this company again after the whole TRU MP Rodimus Prime debacle when it was strongly suggested that they purchased a considerable unit of these figures only to turn around and sell them to the public at doubled the price tag. That is just questionable at best. Hence why I've since made the switch. Just as mentioned before the bigger they get the more inflated the prices will be. It's a shame that such business is conducted this way.
Gojira101
Mini-Con

Postby onewaydown » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Cybershark wrote:

WHOOPS, did a more recent conversion on yen and damn you are right on that!!!! $229 is what I came up with, it used to be closer to 1 to 100 yen, but its now 76.6 for every dollar. DAMNZZZZ,LOL

The value of the dollar has fell through the floor since 2007. You can't really look at the prices the same way as we're used to. It was 115 yen per dollar back in Sept 2007 and it's only dropped since. So at 2007 prices, 17K yen was only about $150. Even 2 years ago, it would have been about $185-200. =( So blame the US and the global market and not the distributors.

Gojira101 wrote:I could never in good concious ever purchase any product from this company again after the whole TRU MP Rodimus Prime debacle when it was strongly suggested that they purchased a considerable unit of these figures only to turn around and sell them to the public at doubled the price tag.

Can you tell me what the difference between buying from BBTS or some scalper on eBay? Effectively, nothing. BBTS isn't TRU. I doubt they can get them from the distributor. So they just have to have folks go to the stores or hit up SDCC and try to buy them for them to resell. I don't see how you can complain that they mark-up a toy exclusively sold by some other store. They need to make some money for all their work, since there is no profit to be made at the $60 retail price. Heck, they were selling deluxe Warpath for $25 and they get him direct from their supplier. It's all about supply & demand & markup, my friend.

With that being said, my pre-order was filled today. =) Just waiting for the Fansproject insecticons before I ship my POL.
onewaydown
Micromaster

Postby Cybershark » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Not much in difference, BUT BBTS does get alot of product directly from the Supplier.(they ar large enough at this point, plus I get alot of cases from them) The only reason they charge alot more for characters like Warpath is commmon sense. They get tons of leftover **** per case that will not sell. Thus they have to jack up the price on the HOT items.

I understand buying them and marking them up, I have been collecting since the 80's. And have an enormous collection that includes EVERY single US released Transformer among most Japanese and Euro releases as well. I tried to keep up until about 2 years ago, when Hasbro decided to totally flood and level the market with product.

US in a crappy market or not, Takara has jacked up the prices of MP products to an outrageous degree. And for the people that can wait on any item, can get them on Ebay FOR MUCH LESS!! IF they are willing to wait. I just got a MP Sleep Convoy MIB for $125 shipped. I guess thats the difference for me now, Im not gonna pay any jacked up cost whether its HAS/TAK or Ebay seller. Until the price comes down on severely high cost MP toys.
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby Gojira101 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 pm

The difference IMO being that those are individuals doing it of their volition to make a profit. The exclusive is through TRU and is subject to individual orders limited in quantity. It can be assume that most people purchasing these pieces are doing so to collect or make a quick buck. BBTS is an online collectors store providing distribution of such collectibles to consumers for a fee. They also buy collections and sell them to consumers as well. They have exclusives themselves that they offer. Now they are not exclusive distributors of or affiliated with TRU they acquired a number of exclusive figures from TRU and sold them at an inflated price almost double the original asking price. The only known way of obtaining these figures were to either order them online, purchase at SDCC or find them at a TRU retail store which wouldn't fit the time frame for their order fills. So it may or may not be safe to assume that they acquired said figures through the before mentioned practices. When speaking to one of their customer service people they indicated that they had a good amount of preorders to fill but a limit. So what comes to mind is since they purchased this product from TRU, they were in a way preventing other collectors from picking these exclusives. Now while I am not blind to the fact that some of those pieces may just have ended up on eBay they still infringed on some collectors being able to purchase some SDCC Rodimus from finding their way into some collectors hands. It is because of this reason I myself cannot support this online retailer any more, specially when a figure originally retailed at $59.99 gets marked up to $110.99 (not exact price).
Gojira101
Mini-Con

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Gojira101 wrote:The difference IMO being that those are individuals doing it of their volition to make a profit. The exclusive is through TRU and is subject to individual orders limited in quantity. It can be assume that most people purchasing these pieces are doing so to collect or make a quick buck. BBTS is an online collectors store providing distribution of such collectibles to consumers for a fee. They also buy collections and sell them to consumers as well. They have exclusives themselves that they offer. Now they are not exclusive distributors of or affiliated with TRU they acquired a number of exclusive figures from TRU and sold them at an inflated price almost double the original asking price. The only known way of obtaining these figures were to either order them online, purchase at SDCC or find them at a TRU retail store which wouldn't fit the time frame for their order fills. So it may or may not be safe to assume that they acquired said figures through the before mentioned practices. When speaking to one of their customer service people they indicated that they had a good amount of preorders to fill but a limit. So what comes to mind is since they purchased this product from TRU, they were in a way preventing other collectors from picking these exclusives. Now while I am not blind to the fact that some of those pieces may just have ended up on eBay they still infringed on some collectors being able to purchase some SDCC Rodimus from finding their way into some collectors hands. It is because of this reason I myself cannot support this online retailer any more, specially when a figure originally retailed at $59.99 gets marked up to $110.99 (not exact price).

Hate to tell you this, but nearly all online retailers do this.

Also, if you don't like the price at one store, you have the freedom to shop around for the best price. Don't want to pay double for Rodimus Prime? You can buy it of TRU.com for retail price.
Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Are we mad and/or surprised people are interested in making money again? I can't keep up anymore.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby geterman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Motto: "Neither Impossible, Nor impossible"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
So they get prime in and I still haven't got my Stormbomb preorder yet...*fist shake*
geterman
Micromaster
Watch geterman on YouTube
Buy from geterman on eBay
Strength: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Cyberseven » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Each of us is entitled to our opinions. Livin in America! :KREMZEEK:

In my opinion, I think BBTS has some of the most reasonable prices for an online collectors toy store. I shop around many places online, and I have found several occasions where they had the best price for the item I was looking for. Yes in some cases, such as store exclusives they have higher prices, but you have to consider the fact that some one has to get these exclusives for them, and since they are exclusives they are not going to get a huge price break, even if they purchase large quantities.
They are in business to make money too, otherwise they wouldn't be in business at all.

What drives the high prices for these products is a combination that the producer(Hasbro/ Takara) knowing that there is a large demand and following, and they are in business to make money. Then there is the fact that they have many supply distributors and stores to satisfy, and they are in business to make money too. Then of course there is the falling value of currencies across the globe.

So when we complain about the high prices of the things we demand, we should be placing the blame on our selves...not the companies or distributors, or stores that supply us.

If we didn't demand so much product, the prices would be lower.

Now as for this Optimus MP-10, I think this is an awesome piece. Yes $250.00 is a lot, but It is the going rate for this piece all over the net, and if we want it, we have to pay for it.

Sure we can wait around until someone on Ebay gets tired of theirs or wants to trade, but that's the aftermarket, not the retail market.
Cyberseven
Vehicon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby onewaydown » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Cybershark wrote:US in a crappy market or not, Takara has jacked up the prices of MP products to an outrageous degree. And for the people that can wait on any item, can get them on Ebay FOR MUCH LESS!! IF they are willing to wait. I just got a MP Sleep Convoy MIB for $125 shipped. I guess thats the difference for me now, Im not gonna pay any jacked up cost whether its HAS/TAK or Ebay seller. Until the price comes down on severely high cost MP toys.

I don't really think they've gone up intentionally... MP Starscream & Megatron were about 9800 yen when they came out in '06 & '08. Grimlock was 13K yen, which I admit was a little high but it might have had to do with the mfg costs at the time. MP04 Final was 18K yen last year, Rodimus was 16,8K. So about 10-12K for the toy, 5-7K extra for the trailer. At least to me, it doesn't seem too outrageous.

Cyberseven wrote:Each of us is entitled to our opinions. Livin in America! :KREMZEEK:

In my opinion, I think BBTS has some of the most reasonable prices for an online collectors toy store. I shop around many places online, and I have found several occasions where they had the best price for the item I was looking for. Yes in some cases, such as store exclusives they have higher prices, but you have to consider the fact that some one has to get these exclusives for them, and since they are exclusives they are not going to get a huge price break, even if they purchase large quantities.
They are in business to make money too, otherwise they wouldn't be in business at all.

What drives the high prices for these products is a combination that the producer(Hasbro/ Takara) knowing that there is a large demand and following, and they are in business to make money. Then there is the fact that they have many supply distributors and stores to satisfy, and they are in business to make money too. Then of course there is the falling value of currencies across the globe.

So when we complain about the high prices of the things we demand, we should be placing the blame on our selves...not the companies or distributors, or stores that supply us.

If we didn't demand so much product, the prices would be lower.

Now as for this Optimus MP-10, I think this is an awesome piece. Yes $250.00 is a lot, but It is the going rate for this piece all over the net, and if we want it, we have to pay for it.

Sure we can wait around until someone on Ebay gets tired of theirs or wants to trade, but that's the aftermarket, not the retail market.

True, true. You can probably assume the BBTS pricing is set that way because it's set as an out-of-print/aftermarket type of pricing. Same as some folks on eBay who have them for $125 today. Know what I mean? Anyone in the US can easily still buy him for normal pricing from TRU. BBTS has it marked up (like any business) for profit and I don't think they raise their prices to follow the market. They're usually up at that point to begin with, ready for when you can't get them elsewhere.

Hell, I will admit, I'm not a fan of their prices on most of their domestic stuff. They're normally too high. The only things I buy there are import items, which are the same price anywhere (TFsource, etc). It's just easier than dealing with the crazy shipping prices from JP, or sending it on a boat for 3 weeks just to save $5. But pricing on stuff you can get in the stores is just too high
onewaydown
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #117 Cvr G unlockable Boom Studios Comics 117G"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230281 3D (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230668 2I (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230481 1I (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr N 1:50 virgin Dynamite Comics 2023 NOV220596 2N (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr N ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr O 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230463 7O (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics APR230361 109D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr C helmet Boom Studios Comics 2023 113C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230251 5I (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230460 7L (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #108 Cvr C 1:10 Boom Studios Comics MAR230265 108C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr W 1:7 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228473 3W (CA) Haeser"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr E unlockable Boom Studios Comics 109E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr D 1:10 Boom Studios Comics JUN230412 111D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON