IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations

Postby El Duque » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:09 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of IDW we have the Transfomers comic solicitations for December 2011. Take a look at the covers and descriptions below, but be warned some could be considered spoiler-ish.

TRANSFORMERS #31
Mike Costa (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Casey Coller, Photo Cover (c)

CHAOS is over. The future holds many mysteries, but the past can never be forgotten. As Ironhide looks back at what was, he comes to realize that it may hold the key to what lies ahead. A new peace has settled, and a new time has come for the Autobots, for the Decepticons… for Cybertron.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 4-to-1 ratio (4 Photo, 1 Casey Coller)
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
Trevor Hutchison cover!

Bullet Points:
  • Part of IDW’s photo-cover month! A diorama cover featuring Hasbro Toys!

The Transformers Classics, Vol. 2
Bob Budiansky (w) Don Perlin and Herb Trimpe (a) Guido Guidi (c)

The historic comic book roots of THE TRANSFORMERS are re-presented for maximum Cybertronian enjoyment. Collecting issues from the original run, rejoin OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON and their competing factions as their war stretches across the cosmos. Freshly re-mastered and re-colored, these stories are accompanied by an in-depth introduction as well as select issue notes by Mark W. Bellomo.
TPB FC $24.99 276 pages 6.625” x 10.187” ISBN 978-1-61377-091-7

Bullet Points:
  • Many stories re-mastered and re-colored for the very first time!
  • Collects issues #14–24!

TRANSFORMERS: The Death of Optimus Prime
John Barber, James Roberts (w) • Nick Roche (a) • Nick Roche, Photo Cover (c)

Celebrating 125 issues of IDW’s Transformers! After Chaos, Optimus Prime's fate was shrouded in mystery. Was he truly gone or could there be a way he had emerged unscathed? Now, Optimus sits in contemplation, in a place he does not recognize as home. And with the cost of the battle finally taking its brutal toll, does Optimus Prime even have the will to carry on? CHAOS changed everything, and Transformers #125 sets a new direction for the Autobot leader…
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 4-to-1 ratio (4 Photo, 1 Nick Roche)
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
Livio Ramondelli Variant cover!
Variant wraparound cover featuring all 125 IDW TRANSFORMERS covers, with foil enhancements!

Bullet points:
  • This special issue sets the stage for two new ongoing Transformers series in January!
  • Part of IDW’s photo-cover month! A diorama cover featuring Hasbro Toys!

Infestation HC
Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and Mike Raicht and Scott Tipton and David Tipton and Erik Burnham (w) David Messina and Giovanni Timpano and Nick Roche and Gary Erskine and Casey Maloney and Kyle Hotz (a) Ashley Wood (c)

IDW's first-ever mega event is collected in this hard cover collection as something goes horribly awry in the IDW universe: a dimensions-spanning zombie outbreak of epic proportions, which threatens to tear many of IDW’s biggest realities asunder! The infestation spreads through the TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, STAR TREK, and GHOSTBUSTERS universes. Zombie apocalypse looms and the remaining members of CVO are running out of options...
HC FC $34.99 260 pages ISBN 978-1-61377-106-8

Bullet Points:
  • "This is a zombie outbreak done absolutely right, full of carnage and nonstop action!" - Fangoria.com
  • Contains 22 pages of never before printed material! Previously only available as a Pocket Gods digital download!
  • Collects the entire Infestation saga! Infestation #1 and 2, and all of the Ghostbusters, TRANSFORMERS, Star Trek, and G.I. JOE tie-ins!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations

Postby Chaoslock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Photo-cover.... That's cheap. =;

And why does it sound like Optimus won't stay dead... again?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Michael Alex Kawa » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?

I was going to ask the same thing ,but i thought i was already going insane cause there is a picture of a toy on a comic book cover .Well for the first time they are showing the main reason why the comic was made in the first place ,to sell toys.Talk about truth in advertisement :grin: :grin: ,i can go on and on >:oP
Follow me or Add me on Facebook and YouTube
Am I seriously the only one here that uses my real name. lol :P
Michael Alex Kawa
Vehicon
Watch Michael Alex Kawa on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panzer IV Ausf. D tank.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby zodconvoy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?

I was going to ask the same thing ,but i thought i was already going insane cause there is a picture of a toy on a comic book cover .Well for the first time they are showing the main reason why the comic was made in the first place ,to sell toys.Talk about truth in advertisement :grin: :grin: ,i can go on and on >:oP

It's the Music Label Optimus Prime. It's been out for a couple years but never released in the US market. I have him and he's pretty f---in' cool. Highly recommended.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby triKlops » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
covers look cool

i bought the individual Infestation Transformers issues
no need to grab the HC until it goes cheap

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
zodconvoy wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:

It's the Music Label Optimus Prime. It's been out for a couple years but never released in the US market. I have him and he's pretty f---in' cool. Highly recommended.

Ah, right! Knew there'd be a logical reason. In this instance I'll put it down to personal ignorance.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby zodconvoy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Sodan-1 wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:

Ah, right! Knew there'd be a logical reason. In this instance I'll put it down to personal ignorance.

Nah, not even that. I know another guy who has the Music Label Convoy and he didn't even know there was an Optimus Prime version. It's like this weird blind spot: you have to know it's there to see it or something.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:52 am

When did they remold G1 Optimus?
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby El Duque » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
HOB-FIG-7205_03_1201616456.jpg
Supreme Convoy wrote:When did they remold G1 Optimus?

That's Takara's Music Label OP from a couple of years back.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
Twincast / Podcast #292:
"Planet of Junk"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Leader WFC-S13 Ultra Magnus F…" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Core Soundwave Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Year 2012 Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class 6" ORION Pax" on EBAY
Buy "Kickback Transformers Generations TG 08 Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Covert Agent Ravage and Micromaster Decepticons Forever" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 30th Anniversary Generations Megatron & Chop Shop 2013 MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Optimus Prime & Roller 2012 MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Of Cybertron Deluxe Kickback (No Weapons)" on EBAY