This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Smashing Pumpkins' "Doomsday Clock" now available on iTunes

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Smashing Pumpkins' "Doomsday Clock" now available on iTunes

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:55 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
If you want to check out the song "Doomsday Clock" from the Smashing Pumpkins, which will be featured on the Transformers Movie Soundtrack, then check it out on iTunes.

The new album "Zeitgeist" is available for pre-order starting today and "Doomsday Clock" is available for $0.99. You can purchase it via iTunes by clicking here (the link should launch iTunes for you).

Rumor has it that this song may be playing during the climatic battle at the end of the movie ... we'll find out soon enough. :)

Special thanks to our good friend and fellow Seibertron.com staff member Starscream for providing this information and links for the Smashing Pumpkins single "Doomsday Clock". It's a great song! Welcome back, Pumpkins!

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist"
Transformers Movie Soundtrack
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Chaoslock » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Good music, but they shouldn't sing. My cat could sing better.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Supercollider » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:07 am

Motto: "Embrace your inner geek, the geek will inherit the Earth!"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Dis not the pumpkins! Although they did do the theme to "Batman & Robin" urrgh....

However, I'm looking forward to listening to it later!
Supercollider
Gestalt
Courage: 10+

Postby City Commander » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:13 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
hmmm I think this has been on the radio recently.

Pretty long song, so it could be in the movie's climatic battle.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Roboto750 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:13 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
:lol: All I can think off is that scene from the Simpsons when the Smashing Pumpkins guest starred!

"Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."

"Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

:P

Anyway, does that album cover give anyone else the vibe that this may be a political album? It really doesn't matter to me, I was never really a fan.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Starscream » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:28 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Not much of a political album
Starscream
Targetmaster
News Credits: 16
Watch Starscream on YouTube
Buy from Starscream on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:53 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I downloaded this yesterday and really liked the song. I didn't dig it at first, but it really grew on me the more I thought about the song somehow playing in the background during Megatron and Prime's ultimate battle.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Noisemaze » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:05 am

It's nothing to get excited over.
Noisemaze
Minibot

Postby fabiobasile » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 am

i agree, not much fuss to do over it
fabiobasile
Mini-Con

Postby featofstrength » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:32 pm

I thought that their song for Batman and Robin was pretty good, unlike the stinker movie.
featofstrength
Vehicon

Postby xxaMaxx » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:32 pm

Noisemaze wrote:It's nothing to get excited over.

I hope the people who feel this way aren't the same people who are so unbelievably psyched to see Stan Bush perform at BotCon. Nothing against Stan Bush, but he pales in comparison to the Pumpkins. In my opinion they are one of the greatest modern rock/alternative bands.
xxaMaxx
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Bouncy X » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:08 pm

god i hope it doesnt actually play during a scene....i can see it playing on someone;s radio or whatever but this doesnt seem like the kinda movie to use real songs as a soundtrack, i know that sounds stupid considering its on the soundtrack but i suck at explaining myself so hopefully people know what i mean. lol

i guess i just mean, i figured this would be like the two shumacker batman movies...they both had soundtracks filled with "big name" artists but none of the songs were actually in the movie aside from the end credits.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby primalVICTORY » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:19 pm

i know what you mean, and i feel the same way. in big movies like this, i only think the songs that play should be orchestral like in king kong. the songs on the soundtrack only seem right for credits, but not even sometimes. if they were to make a soundtrack, i feel it would be better if it was ALL from an orchestral score.
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby Lord Starscream20 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:32 pm

The album artwork reminds me of the opening sequence of an anti-American Islamic-fascist propaganda film that I was unfortunate enough to see.

I know it's unrelated (obviously), but it still bothers me a little bit. :?
Lord Starscream20
Micromaster

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:48 pm

it should be played during the credits not during the battle scene. but anways. billy corgan its good to have you back with the pumpkins. your solo music stank.
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Postby D-340 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Ugh. It's a damned shame that we ended up with crap like this. This soundtrack sucks worse than a broken vacuum.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby primalVICTORY » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:33 pm

wow, that song really isnt very good. they better not use that in the final battle.
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby the purifyer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:51 pm

I got this a few days ago (When it first came out of course). I like Tarantula better but Doomsday Clock is still an awesome song. Of course it's no Bleeding The Orchid or 7 Shades Of Black or even Gossamer (which are the best new songs IMO). Though I can't see it as being used as the final battle music.
I think Warner just through it in for my hype value. If Billy was really serious about he would write something especially for it.
the purifyer
Combiner
News Credits: 4

Postby Judge Deliberata » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:50 pm

Motto: "Innocent!"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
A good song, but as much as I love the pumpkins, I don't want this to play during the movie.
"Innocent."
Judge Deliberata
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 7

Postby AbsumZer0 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 pm

I still don't understand how:

Billy Corgan + D'Arcy + James Iha + a drum machine = Smashing Pumpkins

Billy Corgan + James Iha = Starchildren

Billy Corgan + Jimmy Chamberlin = Smashing Pumpkins reunion
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Postby the purifyer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:14 pm

AbsumZer0 wrote:I still don't understand how:

1. James and Darcy never really did anything on the records of course there was always those James Iha b-sides and his solo album. Billy and Jimmy have always been the heart and soul of the pumpkins. The live boots of the Zeitgeist tour this year show that. Jeff, Ginger and Lisa are doing a wonderful job.

2. Starchildren consisted of Billy with collaborations with James, Jimmy, and D'Arcy, Bob
English, and Mark Rew, Neil Jendon, Cliff Fox, and Kerry Brown of Catherine.

3. Billy never called a reunion. It's a reformation. As he stated in this radio interview.
the purifyer
Combiner

Postby AbsumZer0 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:52 pm

the purifyer wrote:
AbsumZer0 wrote:I still don't understand how:

1. James and Darcy never really did anything on the records of course there was always those James Iha b-sides and his solo album. Billy and Jimmy have always been the heart and soul of the pumpkins. The live boots of the Zeitgeist tour this year show that. Jeff, Ginger and Lisa are doing a wonderful job.

2. Starchildren consisted of Billy with collaborations with James, Jimmy, and D'Arcy, Bob
English, and Mark Rew, Neil Jendon, Cliff Fox, and Kerry Brown of Catherine.

3. Billy never called a reunion. It's a reformation. As he stated in this radio interview.

If he and Billy are the 'heart and soul' of Smashing Pumpkins it's odd that they released a full album, completed a full tour, and did a slew of videos without him. His returning also didn't do jack for the success of Machina. Smashing Pumpkins is Billy Corgan's band and always has been; Chamberlin had just as little creative control as Iha and D'Arcy.

The members have been bouncing in-and-out since Mellon Collie. It isn't the absence of Iha and D'Arcy that irks me, but all the drama behind the name. Corgan officially disbands Smashing Pumpkins, forms Zwan with Jimmy Chamberlin, they disband, Billy Corgan collaborates with Chamberlin on a song for The Jimmy Chamberlin Project and Chamberlin drums for a track on Billy Corgan's solo album.

Then, on the day his solo album is released, Corgan takes out a 1-page ad declaring "I want my band back" and after the only person who agrees to reunite is (surprise!) Chamberlin, they're the Smashing Pumpkins again. WTF?
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Postby lockepsb » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:42 pm

I'll buy the T'former soundtrack... not going to submit my money to apple.
lockepsb
Mini-Con

Postby the purifyer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 pm

AbsumZer0 wrote:If he and Billy are the 'heart and soul' of Smashing Pumpkins it's odd that they released a full album, completed a full tour, and did a slew of videos without him. His returning also didn't do jack for the success of Machina. Smashing Pumpkins is Billy Corgan's band and always has been; Chamberlin had just as little creative control as Iha and D'Arcy.

The members have been bouncing in-and-out since Mellon Collie. It isn't the absence of Iha and D'Arcy that irks me, but all the drama behind the name. Corgan officially disbands Smashing Pumpkins, forms Zwan with Jimmy Chamberlin, they disband, Billy Corgan collaborates with Chamberlin on a song for The Jimmy Chamberlin Project and Chamberlin drums for a track on Billy Corgan's solo album.

Then, on the day his solo album is released, Corgan takes out a 1-page ad declaring "I want my band back" and after the only person who agrees to reunite is (surprise!) Chamberlin, they're the Smashing Pumpkins again. WTF?

I guess the names just go with what type of stuff he's playing. There's Marked material, iconic Pumpkins (if there is such a thing), happy time-Jesus buddy Zwan (and the other Zwans), Electro solo. Maybe Billy just names his bands in accordance to his style at the time. Musical schizophrenia?
the purifyer
Combiner

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 am

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
Woo hoo! 3/4 Pumpkins rules!
God, save me from your followers.

Sideshow Sideswipe
Fuzor
News Credits: 70
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: Infinity

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 APR221598 2RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915L"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #13 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 13B (CA) Miyao JUL190684"
TRANSFORMERS #13 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #2 RE IDW Comics 2022 Pulse 2RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220442 War's End 3A (CA) Piriz"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM318 7F Del Mundo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 Brokenshire"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200530 1RIA"
TRANSFORMERS BACK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON