This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NYCC News Roundup - Oct 13th

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: NYCC News Roundup - Oct 13th

Postby Nekoman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Shouldn't Soundwave look a little more squaty? The toy's all lanky and really doesn't look like what I saw in the movie.

Wheeljack looks like a very good toy, very accurate, though for once his characterization would bother me when buying him. He didn't do crap in the movie.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby ubersoundwave » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:49 pm

I know this is totally off topic, but is there any news about that one unlicensed third party masterpiece soundwave? It looked cool.
ubersoundwave
Mini-Con
Watch ubersoundwave on YouTube

Postby jaws » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I am blown away as to how close these 2 match their CGI counterparts. Soundwave is purely evil especially with that silver head and cannon. Que kicks ass, hopefully that olive green weaponry changes color between now and release date. I'll probably see these 'bout February, I just found the wave with Cyberfire BB yesterday.
jaws
Targetmaster

Postby Rated X » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I like Soundwave. Ill buy Wheeljack just to complete the movie lineup, but Bay really hit the ball to far out in the left field with "Que".
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Megatron Wolf wrote:both look like crap, soundwave has to much kibble the mold itself is just bad but the head is the worst part & wheeljack/que looks like he'll break as soon as you touch it and just looks uninspired. It feels like hasbro is just rushing DOTM stuff out instead of sitting down for a while & trying to make it good. Still say DOTM is the worst line in TF history both concept & quality wise.

Your forgetting about all those horrible armada toys. you know the toys that look like preschool toys and were all dinky.

even the some of energons transformer toys were horrible, like ironhide

i would not say DotM is the worst. the problem is that Hasbro/Takara i guess are trying to save money.

especially in this pretty bad shaped economy lol

and i think soundwave is miss transformed. the movie figures do have more points of transformation then other series of transformers.

i do think the roof of the car on his back will fold ................ hopefully lol o.O

TF PRIME SCREAMER!!!!! :D <3<3<3<3<3
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:57 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Both of these are awesome looking figures, but I simply don't like the design of Wheeljack. Soundwave is a pretty slick looking guy though. May actually have to pick him up.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby DMSL » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:09 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Both looks good but that allspark baby blue has to go, there's no valid reason to put it on any of the figures. I'm also hoping we'll get a Legends or Scout class Laserbeak to accompany Deluxe Soundwave on his adventures.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Mykltron » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
They look like must-haves to me.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:01 am

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
Soundwave looks sweet and is a must have shame he isnt silver as for Wj/Q not as bad as i thought but still off and i dont like the colours too much.

Would it be too much to ask to see a 2 pack of SW & WJ in G1 colours.
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
Megatron Wolf wrote:wheeljack/que looks like he'll break as soon as you touch it

How do you figure that? do you have one in hand or something?
Megatron Wolf wrote:Still say DOTM is the worst line in TF history both concept & quality wise.

I recommend calming down, you're not being forced to buy everything that's on a shelf right now, you can in fact, wait until something better comes out, or get stuff from past lines, until something better comes out. :-?

Autobot Genocide wrote:Would it be too much to ask to see a 2 pack of SW & WJ in G1 colours.

Soundwave already had two of his figures repainted in a G1ey deco, so I think this version'll probably get one too, also there was a G1 WJ looking head in DOTM WJ's instructions instead of DOTM WJ's usually horrible noggin', so there might be a G1 repaint of him in the works.
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Requiem Prime » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:34 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
I dunno.

Soundwave looks sorta nice, but I hope his back kibble is just not completely compacted. I was leaning toward the HA version anyway.

Wheeljack looks alright, far better than I was fearing from the unpainted prototypes. He, I'll probably get. But wasn't there a G1 style head in the works? If I like that one too, this guy can be Que on my shelf.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"

But but but..

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby paul053 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:09 am

Please Hasbro, it's Que. He said that too in the movie. And what are those hanging around his waist?
paul053
Godmaster
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Postby NovaSentinel » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:12 am

Motto: "If I were a muffin, i'd be blueberry"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I think swave is mistransformed in the pic, as the first pic we got (see va'als post 2-3 above) has the front of the car swung round over his shoulders, and the hood folded flat against the back
Transformers Energon is everyone's guilty pleasure. Go on. Admit it.
NovaSentinel
Vehicon
Watch NovaSentinel on YouTube
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:22 am

the Prime designs must be more complicated or something. i can't believe how show acurate the Animated toys were compared to how different the Prime ones are to their show.

Bulkhead looks especially off, he looks so skinny and normal sized.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:36 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Maybe get Soundwave. Definitely NOT Quejack.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby DMSL » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
After inspecting the pics from Hasbro above and from NYCC it seems that Soundwave will be flat grey now? Same trick what they pulled with Sideswipe. I sure hope that will not be the case when he's released. The prototype pics posted above look far superior.

Don't get me wrong DOTM Sideswipe is a good sculpt but the dull grey annoys me it makes it look cheap.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6

Postby zenosaurus_x » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Dorm SoundWave is still easily my most anticipated figure of the future. Judging by the original SW pics we got, he's prety mistransformed so I'm not worried about how the pics look now. He should look great with HA SoundWave's LaserBeak.

As for WheelQuak (this shall now be my name for WheelJack or Que or whoever he is), actually looks alright. Specifically all the weapons look very col, especially that spear. He was the one figure I was sure I wouldn't get, but now I' m not so sure...
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby scypris115 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Motto: ""You don't find death..death finds you!!""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:wheeljack/que looks like he'll break as soon as you touch it

Megatron Wolf wrote:Still say DOTM is the worst line in TF history both concept & quality wise.

I recommend calming down, you're not being forced to buy everything that's on a shelf right now, you can in fact, wait until something better comes out, or get stuff from past lines, until something better comes out. :-?

Autobot Genocide wrote:Would it be too much to ask to see a 2 pack of SW & WJ in G1 colours.

Soundwave already had two of his figures repainted in a G1ey deco, so I think this version'll probably get one too, also there was a G1 WJ looking head in DOTM WJ's instructions instead of DOTM WJ's usually horrible noggin', so there might be a G1 repaint of him in the works.

i like how people think wheeljack (or the dumbass name que) is a peice of crap when hes the most accurate figure in the DOTM deluxe toy line... =; =;
My must haves..

DOTM: Deluxe Wheeljack (movie accurate version), Deluxe Soundwave, and Deluxe Leadfoot

Prime: Deluxe Cliffjumper, Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe Ratchet (hope its being made), Voyager Optimus Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, and Voyager Megatron (hope its being made)
scypris115
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby Arrancon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:24 am

Motto: ""If all else fails, just blow it up.""
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Wheeljack robot > Soundwave robot
Soundwave car > Wheeljack car
Conclusion:
Buy both!
Arrancon
Minibot
Strength: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

Postby NTESHFT » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Is there any word on if and when the exclusives will be made available on HTS.com?
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Speed: 9
Courage: 7

Postby Soundwave__Superior » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Motto: "Cries and screams are music to my ears."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I might get the Soundwave when I see it Transformed correctly....
:CON: Soundwave Superior :CON:
Soundwave__Superior
Minibot
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
scypris115 wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

i like how people think wheeljack (or the dumbass name que) is a peice of crap when hes the most accurate figure in the DOTM deluxe toy line... =; =;

I know right? and his transformation doesn't even look that hard! :D
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Transformers Prime Wheeljack, Soundwave and Cliffjumper on Display at NYCC 2011

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:46 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Fellow fansite TFW2005 has posted some new images of Transformers Prime Wheeljack, Soundwave and Cliffjumper on display in the Hasbro booth at NYCC 2011. This is an all new mold for Cliffjumper and not to be confused with the 1st edition figure. You can see the rest of the gallery here.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
their feet are a bit too small. but i might still get sw.
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLABBERBOOK Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers diary book 2019 Hasbro"
BLABBERBOOK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FROHAWK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 (Hair Color Spray Can)"
FROHAWK Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MR BUSINESS ESQUIRE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays Hasbro 2020"
MR BUSINESS ESQUIR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCOPE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Science Alliance Hasbro 2020 telescope"
STARSCOPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CARB O'NATE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Fantastic Fuelers energy drink 2019"
CARB O'NATE Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOGLY SPY P.I. Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop 2020 binoculars"
GOOGLY SPY P.I. Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRISOURTOPS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Triceratops Orange 2019"
TRISOURTOPS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIPSTREAM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
SLIPSTREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "S'UP DAWG Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro Corn Dog Hot"
S'UP DAWG Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOTTY STEM Transformers BotBots Series 4 Season Greeters Hasbro 2020 flower pot"
SNOTTY STEM Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON