This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NYCC Transformers Prime Panel Highlights

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

NYCC Transformers Prime Panel Highlights

Postby El Duque » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
IGN has posted an article summarizing today's Transformers Prime panel discussion from NYCC. The full article can be viewed by clicking here, the highlights are listed below. Naturally spoiler warnings are in effect, especially if you haven't watched yesterday's season finale "One Shall Rise" part three.

The panel was made up of:

• Mike Vogel
  • Jeff Kline
  • Duane Cappizi
  • Teresa Gruber
  • Jose Lopez
  • Walter Gatus

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Optimus Prime/Orion Pax with the Decepticons story will be fleshed out, expect the unexpected, Prime will receive a Decepticon symbol (we witnessed this in the season two teaser posted earlier today)
  • Unicron is not the Earth, rather the Earth formed around Unicron's body (we pretty much already knew this from the season one finale)
  • Bumblebee's lack of voice and why it's never been repaired will be explained in two episode arc early in season two. They would not commit to Bumblebee regaining his voice.
  • Expect existing characters to get upgrades and gain new abilities
  • Storyline will leave Earth at some point in season two
  • New Autobots and Decepticons will be introduced. Expect characters that don't necessarily turn into vehicles
  • Starscream and Wheeljack will return
  • Dinobots are "definitely on the radar"
  • The Tony Todd voicing Dreadwing rumor is confirmed in what they refer to as a "compelling character arc"
  • Expect a higher body count in season two, and "anyone" can die
Last edited by El Duque on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: NYCC Transformers Prime Panel Highlights

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Sounds promising. Bring it on!
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Bouncy X » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 pm

4 part season finale?

i thought it was just a 3 part finale? i guess what played on teletoon today wasnt the season finale afterall because this orion pax stuff is new and news to me. lol

so that means we in canada still have one more part to go then...fun.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby bluecatcinema » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 pm

"Anyone" can die? Does that mean they might actually kill off one of the regulars?
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby TimothyR » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:39 pm

that pisses me off that they need to say that starscream will return.. he should never have left.

it's just as annoying as when this type of thing happened in animated. starscream is supposed to be up megatrons ass.. while making snide comments behind his back.. if starscream is going to all out revolt.. wait 'til like season three. i'm sorry.. but having it the way it is sucks.

also.. transformers that don't transform.. that sounds like laziness. i don't mind figures that don't transform.. like dmk prime.. but to have them on the show is unacceptable. they'd just be taking up room that otherwise more well known characters could be using. but then again.. the bullet point sounds a bit vague.. so maybe they transform into something. in which case.. i'm okay with it. but i'd still rather see some more well known characters. i mean.. there are SO many to pull from, why create them at this point.

dinobots would be cool

decepticon prime sounds interesting.

and bumblebees two episode arc seems like it would be cool.

i really just hope this season has more prime. .. we finally get cullen voicing prime in a tv series again.. and he just seemed underutilized throughout most of the first season.

on more thing i don't like about the series is ratchet being the grumpy old a-hole.. it's annoying. i loved ratchet when i was younger,.. and now he looks awesome, but he's a dick

oh well. all in all i really like the series i absolutely LOVE the designs. i think jack and raph are cool.. especially jack.. miko on the other hand i could TOTALLY do without. .. but, what is a transformers cartoon these days without a completely annoying human.

hopefully the series keeps getting better.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Midnight_Fox » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
TimothyR wrote:
also.. transformers that don't transform.. that sounds like laziness. i don't mind figures that don't transform.. like dmk prime.. but to have them on the show is unacceptable. they'd just be taking up room that otherwise more well known characters could be using. but then again.. the bullet point sounds a bit vague.. so maybe they transform into something. in which case.. i'm okay with it. but i'd still rather see some more well known characters. i mean.. there are SO many to pull from, why create them at this point.

They didn't say that they wouldn't transform.

Expect characters that don't necessarily turn into vehicles

AKA, Animal modes and the like.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Vectorshot » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:54 pm

@TimothyR
They said that the new characters would not transform into vehicles not that they wouldn't have an alt mode. Meaning that we'll probably see BeastWars type characters added. Or that they're just repeating the news about the addition of the Dinobots.
Vectorshot
Micromaster

Postby TimothyR » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:00 pm

TimothyR wrote: the bullet point sounds a bit vague.. so maybe they transform into something. in which case.. i'm okay with it.

i guess you guys decided not to read the rest of the paragraph.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
That all sounds really cool, like they're really turning it up to eleven on the next season. The episodes that focused on the Cybertronians were easily the best in my opinion. Is there any word on when the next series will begin?
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 pm

TimothyR wrote:
TimothyR wrote: the bullet point sounds a bit vague.. so maybe they transform into something. in which case.. i'm okay with it.

You did devote most of that paragraph to complaining about a concept of your own assumption. If you realised how vague the point was then your initial mini-rant seems rather pointless.

Apologies. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm simply highlighting that it appeared you were slightly distressed about the idea of characters who wouldn't transform, but then you take issue with the people who attempted to allay those fears.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby crazyjeffy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Motto: "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing. Be Geek, be proud."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Must.... watch.... nnnnnnnnnngggg.......

Season 2 is going to be EEPPPPPIIIIICCCCC

and it appears the new Monday-Thursday slot for Prime on the HUB is 6:30-7:30 (EST anyway). That means back to back episodes :D Who cares if they're reruns :D
Courtesy of the great Godzillabot Primal
crazyjeffy
Fuzor
Watch crazyjeffy on YouTube
Buy from crazyjeffy on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby TimothyR » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:

You did devote most of that paragraph to complaining about a concept of your own assumption. If you realised how vague the point was then your initial mini-rant seems rather pointless.

Apologies. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm simply highlighting that it appeared you were slightly distressed about the idea of characters who wouldn't transform, but then you take issue with the people who attempted to allay those fears.

i'm just voicing my displeasure over the idea of non transforming characters. i covered both sides of my assumption.. after all.. no matter what opinion you have, it's going to be an assumption. there are different conclusions you can come to on the point. i covered both, one assumption required a rant, the other didn't.. i figured i'd cover all of my bases.

the way you're talking makes it seem like you can't make any assumptions about anything.. which i'm sure you don't mean.

i took issue with the fact that i had come to two conclusions and had two opinions on the matter, yet only one was focused on. i was just saying if this is what it means.. then i'll be unhappy, and if this is what it means then i'll be okay with it.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby ubersoundwave » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:56 pm

wouldn't it be cool if they added shockwave?
ubersoundwave
Mini-Con
Watch ubersoundwave on YouTube

Postby griftimus prime » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
anyone can die. but not the kids right? yeah did not think so.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The story of BB's voice had better evoke the "Bumblebee at Tygar Pax" story or I will be a sad puppy. >:oP
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby crashhcourse » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am

Weapon: Dino-Missiles
They got the line up wrong
Panel consisted of:
Mike Vogel - Exec VP of Development as moderator
Jeff Kline - Exec Producer
Duane Cappizi - Exec Producer
Therese Trujillo - Animation Producer
Jose Lopez - Lead Character Designer
Walter Gatus - Character Designer
Kirk VanWormer - Lead Storyboard Artist
All the rest of the information jives with what I heard. They also talked about that this is the point at which they have been working in order to show us more of Optimus' character, and mentioned that while Miko is an anime iconographic character who is supposed to embody exuberance and wild energy, she will have some big moments coming up adding depth to her character. Also much talk about what goes into character design and the strong support of Hasbro in helping with that and allowing Prime to put their own spins on designs.
Best part was the teaser showing the moment when Optimus is laying still while watching Knockout burn onto his shoulder, his new Decepticon symbol :twisted:
crashhcourse
Mini-Con

Postby Avensis-Mahiya » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Motto: "Peace through understanding"
Weapon: Saber Blade and Saber Laser
YES OH MY GOD SO EXCITED!! please don't kill arcee.
Here from the queen's mountain view
Here from the wild dreams come true
Feast like an empress I do
On treasures and tales, never few
Avensis-Mahiya
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 pm

TimothyR wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:

i'm just voicing my displeasure over the idea of non transforming characters. i covered both sides of my assumption.. after all.. no matter what opinion you have, it's going to be an assumption. there are different conclusions you can come to on the point. i covered both, one assumption required a rant, the other didn't.. i figured i'd cover all of my bases.

the way you're talking makes it seem like you can't make any assumptions about anything.. which i'm sure you don't mean.

i took issue with the fact that i had come to two conclusions and had two opinions on the matter, yet only one was focused on. i was just saying if this is what it means.. then i'll be unhappy, and if this is what it means then i'll be okay with it.

You make a valid point generally speaking. Perhaps even a little inspirational. ;)

In this case, the bullet point was "expect characters that don't necessarily turn into vehicles." The specificity of this makes it hard to assume that they won't transform at all, so I think you'll be happy.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby RatchetXHide » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:56 am

Motto: ""You Break it, I Remake it." "High-Tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!""
Weapon: Cannon
crashhcourse wrote:They got the line up wrong
Panel consisted of:
Mike Vogel - Exec VP of Development as moderator
Jeff Kline - Exec Producer
Duane Cappizi - Exec Producer
Therese Trujillo - Animation Producer
Jose Lopez - Lead Character Designer
Walter Gatus - Character Designer
Kirk VanWormer - Lead Storyboard Artist
All the rest of the information jives with what I heard. They also talked about that this is the point at which they have been working in order to show us more of Optimus' character, and mentioned that while Miko is an anime iconographic character who is supposed to embody exuberance and wild energy, she will have some big moments coming up adding depth to her character. Also much talk about what goes into character design and the strong support of Hasbro in helping with that and allowing Prime to put their own spins on designs.
Best part was the teaser showing the moment when Optimus is laying still while watching Knockout burn onto his shoulder, his new Decepticon symbol :twisted:

Can't wait to see more of Miko and Jack. They need more camera time along with Ratchet.
RatchetXHide
Mini-Con
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 APR200704 10A (CA) Evenhuis (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORIGINS #7 RI 1:10 virgin var IDW Comics 2009 7RI (CA) Feister (W) Dixon"
GI JOE ORIGINS #7 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D 0124IM241 Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220461 2RI (CA)Peniche"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #285 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210467 285RI Anderson"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON