This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon.

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon.

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Who you might ask is Ernie Petragelo? If you're a fan of the soundtrack to the animated movie you might recognize him as being a writer for N.R.G.-- the band that played 'Instruments of Destruction"!

Check out the Botcon page here, with a blurb about him.

I'm guessing, but could we be getting a performance from him, as well as, Stan Bush?

Bring it on! What I want to know next is, when will they be announcing the Weird Al Yankovic panel, and performance? I loved 'Dare to be Stupid'!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby JazZeke » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Bleh. That was the WORST song on the entire soundtrack.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
oh...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Instruments of Destruction is my favorite song from the original album, especially the "real" version of the song, not the slightly watered down version that ended up on the soundtrack and in the movie that left out the word "foreplay". I would really love to hear this song live. That would be the icing on the cake, well, that and getting to hear Stan Bush perform live finally next weekend.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:54 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
JazZeke wrote:Bleh. That was the WORST song on the entire soundtrack.

Are you kidding? It's THE song when we finally find out that the Decepticons aren't all misconfigured and can actually shoot and KILL their enemies. We finally find out that the Decepticons are truly bad ass mutha-f'ers!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:58 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Hmn. I get the sense that tigertracks 24 wouldn't have known who this was without running across this bit at the botcon site. But then, I wouldn't have known either.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:02 pm

he's cool. i got him to sign the NRG album sold at Botcon 2001.

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Unless you're god, that's what anyone would have to do...no ShGarland? :) I mean unless you are a member of N.R.G., or Mr. Petragelo himself, or his mom.

I actually ran into this in the forums there first, and then I found out on the front page too, so there. ;)

I liked Instruments of Destruction BTW. And Ryan, in the blurb it says that he is performing in Providence so even if he does not perform at Botcon, which I imagine he would, you could probably catch a performance there, in whatever venue he's playing at.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Oh BTW, I still want Weird Al! :(
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Seibertron wrote:Instruments of Destruction is my favorite song from the original album, especially the "real" version of the song, not the slightly watered down version that ended up on the soundtrack and in the movie that left out the word "foreplay". I would really love to hear this song live. That would be the icing on the cake, well, that and getting to hear Stan Bush perform live finally next weekend.

It's one of my favorite tracks on the soundtrack too.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:08 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:Unless you're god, that's what anyone would have to do...no ShGarland? :) I mean unless you are a member of N.R.G., or Mr. Petragelo himself, or his mom.

I actually ran into this in the forums there first, and then I found out on the front page too, so there. ;)

I liked Instruments of Destruction BTW. And Ryan, in the blurb it says that he is performing in Providence so even if he does not perform at Botcon, which I imagine he would, you could probably catch a performance there, in whatever venue he's playing at.

It is interesting, tiger. Great find!
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster

Postby Bouncy X » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:20 pm

this, like most of the songs on the soundtrack for me personally...arent very good songs on their own but they just work well with the scenes they're used in. this one in particular i dont really like at all but it just meshes so well with the scene....especially ironhide's death

which reminds me, i just recently read the 86 movie comic and they dont have his "nooo" line and megatron's "such heroic nonsense" reply...that part's just badass i mean come on..lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby UltraPrimal » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:30 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Yeah! Wierd Al! Now that's a real musician.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby JazZeke » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Seibertron wrote:
JazZeke wrote:Bleh. That was the WORST song on the entire soundtrack.

Are you kidding? It's THE song when we finally find out that the Decepticons aren't all misconfigured and can actually shoot and KILL their enemies. We finally find out that the Decepticons are truly bad ass mutha-f'ers!

I don't care if that song was played to the best scene in the entire movie. It still sucks, IMO.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Endurance: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Roboto750 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:36 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:he's cool. i got him to sign the NRG album sold at Botcon 2001.

I got that one too. I dunno, he seemed a bit off by himself at that con, if I remember correctly (at least from what I saw). Actually surprised he's coming back without performing. Still, I'm glad he'll be back. Though, I am a bigger Stan Bush fan, so I'm a little glad that he'll get to play more of his stuff rather than having to share the stage (not counting the opening act). Not that it wouldn't be cool to hear a live version of "Instruments of Destruction."
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10

Postby Collector Maximus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:01 am

Wow, this could be one Botcon you don't want to miss, too bad i'll miss it...

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:16 am

I kinda posted this news 3 hours before this thread was made, but whatever.

I'm hoping they have an NRG album for sale...I can't find anything by them otherwise.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby fairplaythings » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:43 am

Motto: "For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping that he will have the courage to answer."
Weapon: Slingshot
My question is this - what is with the question marks on the guest page? I think there are guests we've not been told of yet...

http://www.botcon.com/botcon07/guest07.cfm
fairplaythings
Micromaster
Buy from fairplaythings on eBay
Strength: 5

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 am

Forget Wierd Al... what about Kick Axe? They did 2 songs for the movie as well...

How come Kick Axe gets no love?
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Switchpoint » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:25 pm

Dunno if there are any left, but it'd be worth a shot for those of you who don't have the disc....
http://www.daville.com/transmain.html
"Come on out Autobot. We all must die sometime."
Switchpoint
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics APR231611 140D Turtles Ongoing (CA) Reis 230627A"
TMNT #140 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZG FOC 1:10 B&W Dynamite Comics DEC237143 1ZG (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #1 (of 6) Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles 1A SEP200443"
TMNT JENNIKA II #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #127 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 Ninja Turtles JAN220483 127RI (CA) Cullum"
TMNT #127 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr A IDW Comics 2024 JAN241247 149A Turtles Ongoing (CA) Federici"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr T 1:30 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240124 2T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics JUN231429 Tango"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #130 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221587 130A Mutant Ninja Turtles (CA) Yurcaba"
TMNT #130 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JAN230440 2B Jones + Su"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZF FOC 1:10 B&W Dynamite Comics DEC237142 1ZF (CA) Mattina"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231359 8A (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr T Unlockable Boom Studios Comics OCT220288 1T (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 APR231604 5D (CA) Cho"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON