This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers - The Ride, Open to the public!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Transformers - The Ride, Open to the public!

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Opening a day early, Transformers The Ride has launched at Universal Studios, Singapore! The 3d motion ride comes straight from the movie series with a new Character, Evac and maintains the fast paced, high action explosiveness of the movie trilogy.

More information on the ride and Universal Studios can be found be found here.

GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers - The Ride, Open to the public!

Postby freaky777 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Woooo nice. Maybe I'll go this month if I find the time.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby El Duque » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
AsiaOne.com has posted an extensive gallery (71 images!) of Universal Studios Singapore's Transformers: The Ride, which just opened to the public, and the exclusive launch party attended by Michael Bay. We've mirrored a few below, click here to check out the rest.

Autobots, roll out! The world's first Transformers theme park ride opens in Asia at Universal Studios Singapore (USS) on Dec 3 in time for the school holidays. The world premiere was announced on Dec 2, a day before its official opening to the public. Guests to Transformers The Ride will get to board a new Autobot, Evac, specially created for the attraction. They will get to experience a four-minute epic motion thrill ride which takes them zipping through subway tunnels, down city streets and across rooftops, with the Decepticons hot on their heels. AsiaOne gives you a sneak preview of the action here.

We also have a video from the ride from YouTube user patricklove embedded below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Rushie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Huh.
I'm kinda disappointed with the ride itself. Seems it just consists of random encounters and subsequent escapes. I know there's only so much you can do with a first person view from a moving vehicle story-wise, but I was expecting Evac to make a robot mode appearance at some point.

The dialogue, while a little difficult to make out here and there, seems to be right out of the movie script. The whole thing feels like a bunch of deleted movie moments (face it, each segment is too short to be a 'scene') in a reel. Devastator's five second appearance was especially jarring.

Judging from the people's reactions during the ride, especially the woman, this seems to be one of those rides that incorporates huge unnessecary tremors for every little bump going on in the filmmaterial. Those jolts and wiggles never worked for me to enhance the idea I'm actually inside the film. Rather, they distracted because they're so over-the-top.

On the bright side:
The aforementioned dialogue fits the Movieverse like a glove and it's always cool to see more of otherwise barely-visible designs like Sideways. The action and animation, though obscured by the double-layered 3d image, is pretty awesome to see. The queue, both decoration and queue videos, really evokes the NEST atmosphere and the store makes me drool.
Rushie
Pretender
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby TulioDude » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Must...get...to Singapore!
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240109 2E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZF FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247376 2ZF (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT231205 4A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZG FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247377 2ZG (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZH FOC 1:10 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC237144 1ZH (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240108 2D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 JUL210317 3B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZI FOC 1:10 design Dynamite Comics JAN247535 2ZI (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZD Blank Authentix (Spotlight) Dynamite Comics DEC237140 1ZD"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr U 1:40 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240125 2U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 - 4 ("B" Cover Set) Dark Horse Comics 2021 MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON