This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Season 3 of Transformers Generation 1 to Air on The Hub?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Season 3 of Transformers Generation 1 to Air on The Hub?

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Whether or not you liked the time jump to the far flung future of 2005, it looks like season 3 of Transformers Generation 1 might start airing on the Hub. Fellow Fan site The Allspark is reporting that the first episode of S3 The Five Faces Of Darkness Part 1 is scheduled to air December 10 with a repeat viewing on December 15.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Season 3 of Transformers Generation 1 to Air on The Hub?

Postby Autobot Megatron » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Motto: "That's just prime..."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sweet, I've been waiting for them to show these. Just another note, where is that Galvatron-head symbol from? Looks awesome.
Found it on TVguide.com, but it's on at 4:30 in the morning? Thank Primus for DVRs.
Part two's on at 4:30 am too? Do they hate season three?
Autobot Megatron
Like Nemisis Prime, but cooler.
Autobot Megatron
Fuzor

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
call of the primitives and the return of optimus prime ftw
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Look I like season three as much as any one else but for the love of gods and Crispity chocolaty Jesus don't show Carnage in C-Minor

Imageoh God

Image dear God these are only two errors in that episode there hundreds more and i'm already crying and shooting blood out my ears
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Mat001 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:16 pm

It's about time that they did that. They should also air the movie.
Mat001
Micromaster

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:16 pm

@Autobot Megatron: Pretty sure the Galvatron head's from one of the later UK DVD box sets, but not sure if it was the US post-Movie or Headmasters.

As far as I'm concerned, this was the best season of all, and I wondered if they were waiting to show TFTM first lest this season not make sense to kids just getting into it. I think the TF Wiki said the the movie only aired once in its entirety, and all subsequent showings were of it broken into 5 parts for S5 with Puppetmaster Optimus and Tommy and The Touch video at the end for padding. Is there some legal reason it just can't air on US TV with "sh!t" and "d@mmit" bleeped out? Did one of the blind critics that trashed it back in the day lay a curse?

I wonder if this also means S2 of G.I.Joe will air soon too.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
um what about the movie, without that new comers wont know that Galvatron is actually Megatron and why Rodimus is the leader now. Plus i think more people want to see the movie rather than Season 3.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 pm

i watched and taped the movie's full airing back in 1987. it played on a saturday morning and yep, it had the whole Timmy opening and closing along with the video at the end. they didn't bleep out anything, it was already edited to remove that content. so they just aired what was available on VHS.

funny story about this morning, i miscalculated how much room i had on my VHS tape when recording and the tape finished while the show was playing. i quickly found another and popped it in there but i missed about 10 seconds of the show. so for years that was my only way to watch this movie, on two seperate VHS tapes with commercials intact. i of course fast forwarded through them but for years it was nostalgic seeing them even in super speed. i'd say 90% of them consisted of toy commercials for transformers, g.i.joe, potato head kids and my little pony.....ah, memories. lol

i still remember the excitement when i got the canadian release VHS in the 90s. it was the first time i was seeing the movie in full, commercial free and unedited form since theaters. lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Carngae in C-Minor had a metric ton of erros, but the plot wasn't too bad. And it had Blaster and Soundwave in lead roles. Rather nice, there. Now BOT on the other hand... :-x
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Why I HATED S3...

Postby Shockwave7 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Crappy animator episodes far outnumbered the good animator episodes.
Transformers 'eating' energon - with their MOUTHS (even the ones without mouths).
Everybody sucking up to Rodimus when he was no great shakes.
Quintessons were the sukkiest 'enemies' ever made.
Sharkticons were the sukkiest toys ever made.
Toys looked nothing like their movie counterparts.
Galvatron's voice was WAY nothing like his movie counterpart. (Really, Frank Welker? Your DYNOMUTT voice? For Galvatron?)
Movie/S3 vision of the future is nothing like how the future actually turned out, and we knew it, even in 1986.
Planet 'Goo'? Really? That was the BEST you could write?
Organic waitresses hitting on Cybertronians in an 'energon bar'.
'The Killing Jar' - 30 minutes of NOTHING.
Soundwave: 'That was heaven!' 'Nuff said.

They had their moments. 'Call of the Primitives' was pretty good, and Starscream's Ghost. But overall - S3 and the seasons after it just stunk up the joint.
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Carngae in C-Minor had a metric ton of erros, but the plot wasn't too bad. And it had Blaster and Soundwave in lead roles. Rather nice, there. Now BOT on the other hand... :-x

yeah but that was what season 2? i'm not sure right now but C minor must have the most animation errors in a 5-minute span of time so much you have to do bullet points every time you watch it which was 1989 for me......... okay that's not true that was the last time i watched when i wasn't forced to .
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby cotss2012 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:10 am

Why in God's name are they skipping Season 1? That was the best season!
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon

Postby dinogeist » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Awesome season 3 is my favorite season of all the G-1 seasons.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Re: Why I HATED S3...

Postby Mat001 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Shockwave7 wrote:Crappy animator episodes far outnumbered the good animator episodes.
Transformers 'eating' energon - with their MOUTHS (even the ones without mouths).

As opposed to drinking it in season two?

Everybody sucking up to Rodimus when he was no great shakes.

Really? Managed to beat the Decepticons and the Quintessons, as well as Victor Drath before Optimus came back, which tells me he did a damn good job filling Optimus' big shoes. Even Kup pointed out that Optimus went through the same feelings when he replaced Sentinel.

Quintessons were the sukkiest 'enemies' ever made.

How so?

Sharkticons were the sukkiest toys ever made.

Really? My childhood friend had one and it was awesome.

Toys looked nothing like their movie counterparts.

You have have Ironhide, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Megatron, the Scramble City toys, Bumblebee, Windcharger, Brawn, Astrotrain, Jetfire and everyone else who didn't match up to their animation models.

Galvatron's voice was WAY nothing like his movie counterpart. (Really, Frank Welker? Your DYNOMUTT voice? For Galvatron?)

No, that was more the voice Welker used with his other characters. Besides, he was probably told not to do an impersonation of Nimoy.

Movie/S3 vision of the future is nothing like how the future actually turned out, and we knew it, even in 1986.

Right, because "The Terminator" films, "Back To The Future II" and "Escape From L.A." is how the world turned out as well. What about "Star Trek" and the absence of World War III at the start of the 21st century.

Planet 'Goo'? Really? That was the BEST you could write?

Yeah, a planet full of a glue like substance.

Organic waitresses hitting on Cybertronians in an 'energon bar'.

As opposed to "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide"?

'The Killing Jar' - 30 minutes of NOTHING.

30 minutes of character building. You learn a lot about Cyclonus, Ultra Magnus and Marissa Faireborne.

Soundwave: 'That was heaven!' 'Nuff said.

How was that bad?
Mat001
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
cotss2012 wrote:Why in God's name are they skipping Season 1? That was the best season!
No they aren't. Did you miss them airing season 1 on the Hub?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby cotss2012 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Did you miss them airing season 1 on the Hub?

Apparently, I did...
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon

Postby Mat001 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah, all The Hub has been doing since last year is show seasons one and two. From "More Than Meets The Eye" through "B.O.T." and then back again. There was a mini marathon last Friday of seasons one and two episodes. All the key ones of season one were shown.
Mat001
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Insecticons Cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFRAKTOR Transformers Canon EOS Rebel R5 camera G1 Reflector Hasbro 2023 New"
REFRAKTOR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220490 14A (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET-KUN First Transformers G1 airplane complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
JET-KUN First Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHISPER Transformers G1 Micromasters Air Strike Patrol Hasbro 1989 220302A"
WHISPER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Nendoroid G1 Super-Deformed Sentinel Hasbro 2022 New"
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 210923a"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210469 6B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 AUTOBOTS ON PATROL Coloring and Activity Book 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 AU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-Bot complete Hasbro 1986 240109A"
NEW!
SWERVE Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON