This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders

Postby El Duque » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:06 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have a few updates from third-party toy maker MasterMind Creations to share. First a couple of new images of their upcoming KM-03 Cyclops have popped up on the Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group facebook page. This figure based on Shockwave's appearance in IDW's Hearts of Steel comic series promises to be the largest single figure ever produced by a third-party group to date.

Next MasterMind Creations have posted the Terminus Hexatron renders that were displayed at the Victoria Toy Show earlier this year. All six modes modes clearly visible in their correct colors.

They also posted more images of the translucent prototype that was on display. Interesting note, Penguin One of FMH states this prototype is so fragile it can barely transform. One would assume that's because of the translucent material and not the actual mold design. They hope to have a better "working" prototype soon.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I can't wait to own both of these figures. Sixshot looks great. Hopefully, the quality will follow suit.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders

Postby alldarker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:32 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
KM-03 Cyclops: HELL YES!!!

Terminus Hexadron: mehhhh.... Not so much. Original Sixshot still looks better in most modes than this upgraded version, to be honest.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Feet don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now! Ok seriously awesome. Seriously. If I had to critique, I would say the wings in puma/tiger mode look a little weak, COULD JUST BE THE ANGEL THOUGH. I willl have this.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 7

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:54 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
you are losing hasbro. ok? YOU ARE LOSING THE WAR!
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Hmm, let's hope they use beefier plastic on Sixshot, there.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Requiem Prime » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Wow, and both these things are going to be huge. How much did they make off of their KMC?
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Kibble » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Requiem Prime wrote:Wow, and both these things are going to be huge. How much did they make off of their KMC?

Too big IMO...not only will they look out of place with their counterparts, the price will surely reflect the grandiose size. I may well just skip both whereas they were both likely sure buys had they been voyager to ultra sized... Bummer.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Xephon0930 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 am

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Sixshot looks awesome!!!! But I still wish they had the Brave series equivalent Shadowmaru as an option. Maybe in some of the later revisions like MP-02 and MP-04 Optimus Prime. I can only hope....
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Joetx » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:20 am

Terminus Hexatron looks awesome. In addition, he seems to have a wide range of movement/articulation, unlike Sixshot.

Cyclops, OTOH, looks too bulky.
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby Rated X » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I want that Sixshot !!! Too bad they insist on making him so big and expensive. I see a KO coming in voyager or ultra size for half the price down the line.

And for the record the name "Terminus Hexatron" sounds like some kind of weird disease.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Xephon0930 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 am

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I know that it is to expected that off all the modes of Sixshot and his other variants,the car mode is going to get the most shaft out of looking good compared to other modes.
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Andrius » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 am

Rated X wrote:I want that Sixshot !!! Too bad they insist on making him so big and expensive. I see a KO coming in voyager or ultra size for half the price down the line.

And for the record the name "Terminus Hexatron" sounds like some kind of weird disease.

Did I miss something? Have we heard final size/price details? I feel out of the loop suddenly...
Andrius
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Kibble » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
We know the size, more or less...the price is just assumed with 3rd Party product being inherently expensive. Bigger pretty much always costs more than smaller...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Requiem Prime wrote:Wow, and both these things are going to be huge. How much did they make off of their KMC?

They had several runs of the original mold. They are starting the second run of the original KMC. They also did Annihilator, they have the upcoming purple Cherry Bomb toys exclusive and later down the line they are planning the white Ultra Steampunk version complete with armor in cooporation with Renderform and eNcliNe.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby morphobots » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:20 am

While I'm more than happy with my original Sixshot and won't be buying this, I must agree Hexatron is one sexy beast. Like they took the original and did a heavy anime makeover on him, which I think is only fitting for his ninja background from the cartoon.

As for Cyclops, he's looking better with every photo coming out, but now I'm starting to worry about price. Is that light piping or an LED in the head? The latter adds to the cost. I've been waiting a long time for this guy, now I'm wondering if I can afford him because of his size. I'm not in the "too big" camp, mind you. At his rumored size, his alt mode would be close to scale with HoS Prime/Knight Morpher, which I like. And "too bulky" doesn't factor in either. 19th Century "tech" was bulky. One of the points of the original series was how would TFs deal with the drawbacks of the Industrial Revolution, including no energy options for mass conversion. He's just starting to look like he's beyond my paygrade.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby dinogeist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:42 am

So Cyclops is getting released first then second will be hexatron?

Are both cyclops & hexatron being released at the same time?

when they say early spring for both are they saying around the month of march 2012 or april 2012?

Too bad both cyclops & hexatron weren't rushed to the market like Make toys battle tanker was.

I love Hexatron on various levels. level 1-he's super poseable.
level 2-he's leader sized. level 3-he's one of my favotite 6 changer 1987 toys & personas. level 4-hexatron appears to be designed in my all time favorite AEC toy line styled design sculpted aesthetics. even right down to the ratchet joints designs in the hips.

I probably will pass on cyclops,since he's a HOC homage & not a 1985 G-1 shockwave homage.

if these 3rd party toy companies ever create a 1985 styled shockwave toy with a robot & space laser gun alt mode & it's voyager sized or higher,then i'll buy it in a heart beat.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The more I see of Cyclops the more I like it. Hexatron still looks really cool as well, but I think his beast head looks too wolf-like. The original looked more like a puma. There's also a lot of detail lines and spiky bits, makes him look a bit movie-ish. Still cool though. I'm fairly certain I won't be able to afford these figures, but I'm interested nonetheless.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm not opposed to giant figures, and I realise Cyclop's vehicle mode is probably to scale with that of Knight Morpher's, but I do feel he's unneccessarily large. I can't see many being produced in the initial release given that it'll likely command a very high price; one that'll be too high for me. Should I win the lottery then I'd definately get it. It's a great looking figure and I love the concept behind Heart of Steel.

Not seeing anything new of Terminus Hexatron, there's not much to say. Still looks like a beast of a figure. Just hope they can overcome the fragility issue.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby mbd88prime » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
as frank barone would say, holy crap, his eye is lighting up! He's huge! holy crap.

and hexatron is sweet as hell

Look out third parties mastermind looks to be upping the ante with huge figs and electronics!

my wallet is prepared to bend over now......
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
mbd88prime
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Blurrz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Tidalwavex wrote:
Too bad both cyclops & hexatron weren't rushed to the market like Make toys battle tanker was.

It wasn't rushed. We saw Battle Tanker in it's final stages a few months ago, while Cyclops/Hexatron were still in prototype form at the time. If the toy was supposed to be released now it would be full of fail.

Andrius wrote:
Rated X wrote:I want that Sixshot !!! Too bad they insist on making him so big and expensive. I see a KO coming in voyager or ultra size for half the price down the line.

Did I miss something? Have we heard final size/price details? I feel out of the loop suddenly...

Nope.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Skill: 5

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Okay, Sixshot looks too cool. I'll need to see some comparison shots with some actual Hasbro product like Classics Optimus or Megatron before I'm willing to preorder though.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby El Duque » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have our first images of the MasterMind Creations KM-03 Cyclops (aka HoS Shockwave) test shot in alt mode courtesy of TFW2005's xterry. For size comparison the figure appears with MMC's previous release KM-01 Knight Morpher. The test shot is currently on tour on the west coast and will be making a stop at Comic Ink in Dublin, CA on 17-18 December if you want to view the behemoth in person. Images mirrored below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby puttster3 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 am

Really makes me wish I was getting it. Mind you I haven't read any of the Hearts of Steel, can't find any of that series where I am.
puttster3
Micromaster
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 9

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Oh man this is going to be some kind of epic. The price that is! :lol:
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr F 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210585 8F (CA) Cohen"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #7 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 APR220683 7D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 incv 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211064 (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #3 Cvr L 1:50 Dynamite Comics 2021 MAY210878 3L (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #14 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 MAR210240 14C (CA) Rapoza"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #4 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2021 4i 210914E (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT210552 7G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM326 86B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #28 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 OCT210188 28A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #83 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1223IM333 83C (CA) Santolouco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #81 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM355 81B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #80 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM351 80A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #19 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 MAY210217 19A (CA) Finch +McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #74 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM318 74A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON