This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hollywood Reporter Article : 'Transformers' steels spotlight at Taormina Film Festival

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Hollywood Reporter Article : 'Transformers' steels spotlight at Taormina Film Festival

Postby Skowl » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:17 am

Hollywoodreporter.com has posted an article regarding the showing of Transformers Movie at the Taormina Film Festival in Italy. The article explains in great detail, the positive response from the movie-goers, comments from Michael Bay and some of the cast who were present at the festival, as well as the anti-piracy measures taken during the showing.

read the article here.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:35 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Sweet! More good news! :D
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:48 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
This is just freaking huge...wow. Unbelievably huge. I really have no doubts anymore...we may be looking at the biggest movie release in years. This makes the anticipation for Star Wars: Ep I (before we knew how bad it was) look small...just....wow.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Roboto750 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:31 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Glad to hear it! ;)^
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Archanubis » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:37 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Considering the buzz on this film, if this doesn't break box office records, I'll be very surprised.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 am

I never heard of this festival but all the better :P :)
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby trailbreaker » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:42 am

"Steels"????

Shouldn't it be "steals"???
trailbreaker
Micromaster

Postby awesomo » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:43 am

Should be trailbreaker.

Perhaps it`s in cybertronian :)
awesomo
Mini-Con

Postby Prime Evil » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:43 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
trailbreaker wrote:"Steels"????

Shouldn't it be "steals"???

No, it's just a play on words. Big robots fighting.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby bl80 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:00 am

First-Aid wrote: This makes the anticipation for Star Wars: Ep I (before we knew how bad it was) look small...just....wow.

Dude.. please.. Don't even try to go there.

Star Wars EP1 was, to say the least, an epic event. Think what you will about the movie itself, but as a "movie event" nothing will ever top it in our lifetime.

Transformers has a very large fan base but it does not scratch the surface compared to Star Wars.

Not.
even.
close.

But I agree that that TF will make HUGE amounts of money and spawn several sequels and I will be there first day, first in line for all of em.
bl80
Mini-Con

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:56 pm

bl80 wrote:
First-Aid wrote: This makes the anticipation for Star Wars: Ep I (before we knew how bad it was) look small...just....wow.

Star Wars EP1 was, to say the least, an epic event. Think what you will about the movie itself, but as a "movie event" nothing will ever top it in our lifetime.

Transformers has a very large fan base but it does not scratch the surface compared to Star Wars.

Not.
even.
close.

But I agree that that TF will make HUGE amounts of money and spawn several sequels and I will be there first day, first in line for all of em.

I will go there then

I love Star Wars but this to me is the same

I couldn't wait for Revenge of the Sith and to me the anticipation for that is as high as it is for this.If your a transfan this is the best time in your life
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby bl80 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:13 pm

wheeljack35.. understood.. for some fans this is bigger than star wars..

i was speaking globally.

there is a huge amount of excitement.. would never try to take that away.. but... its not EP1 .. not even close when taking the general population into it.
bl80
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
bl80 wrote:wheeljack35.. understood.. for some fans this is bigger than star wars..

i was speaking globally.

there is a huge amount of excitement.. would never try to take that away.. but... its not EP1 .. not even close when taking the general population into it.

Oh great. Now we have the super Star Wars fanboys coming out of the woodwork.

Yay.

Go put on your Jedi tunic, grab your Lightsaber, and wait for Lucas's next idea for making money.

In the interim, let us enjoy what we like and think how we wish to. Oh and uh...shut up while you're at it.

Don't be a jerk, just because there's no more SW for you to get all moist about.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Black Bumblebee » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:30 pm

*sigh*

Guys, I'm a big Star Wars fan (or was, rather, before the prequels and the killing of all the expanded universe characters) and a big Transformers fan. I am easily more a fan of TF than of SW.

That said, the release of TF is not anywhere close to the Event of Star Wars Ep 1 being released. The original Star Wars trilogy was the American epic, in the same way the Greeks had the Odyssey and the Romans had the Aeniad. You can quote passages from SW to random people on the street and most people will know what you are talking about.

TF is the newcomer in the movie field. Yes, it's an event...but in the same way that many new franchise movies are an event. Like Spiderman 1, the first Keeton Batman movie, etc. It will spawn sequels, it will probably do well, and gain more followers than it currently has...

...but you can't, right now, go up to a random person and say "Till all are one" and have them know what you're talking about.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby tacogrande » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:35 pm

I certainly hope it's not like Star Wars episode 1... a lot of hype and then the movie sucks so much ass that not only are people quoting it on the street, they're laughing their ass off at it while doing some lame jar jar imitations.
tacogrande
Fuzor

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:45 am

Wheeljack35 wrote:
bl80 wrote:

Not.
even.
close.

I will go there then

I love Star Wars but this to me is the same

I couldn't wait for Revenge of the Sith and to me the anticipation for that is as high as it is for this.If your a transfan this is the best time in your life

I agree with BOTH of you.

But I must say, Star Wars is played out. Not because of it's age: 30 years on, but because of it's CONSTANT presence in the public's conciousness, for good or for bad.

Ever since the re-release of the original 3 Episodes in theaters back in the late 1990s, it has been IN OUR FACES.

Now, it is time for the TRANSFORMERS to shine for a change.

It is a change that I welcome.

I can't wait for the movie.
YouFearGalvatron

Postby Bumbled » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:15 am

I wonder which Spotlight it is going to steal next :lol:
Bumbled
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:27 am

Bumbled wrote:I wonder which Spotlight it is going to steal next :lol:

One thing is for sure at this point: Emo Spider-Man is about to crap his spidey pants...and Craptastic 4, Rise of the Silver Beach Bum...HA! Forget about it!

This film will OWN the summer.
YouFearGalvatron

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0823IM478 5C (CA) Manhanini"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 APR238110 2C (CA) Lee (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #3 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #297 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221642 297B (CA)Sullivan"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero SERPENTOR UNCOILED One-Shot IDW Comics 2021 231113"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON