This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Dr. Wu DW-P03 "Iron Will"

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: Dr. Wu DW-P03 "Iron Will"

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:54 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Covenant wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: #-o Dude, we're all here to discuss. Theres nothing wrong in voicing your preferences. If people are so affected by the negative comments, they actually SHOULD take a break from the computer.

Awesome. I voice an intelligent view on a lack of positivity toward fellow fans getting what they want in something, not to mention a great effort of fans doing something for the effort of fans doing incredible work on behalf of all fans, and that's the response. Brilliant!

Eh champ, no need to get discouraged by others who have less years in the franchise on their belt. The majority of negative nancies are ones that aren't even committed to collecting or would rather bitch at photos than to experience the toy or figure in their own hands.

I've been in your seat before and it sucks.. and that's just how the world is. Not many people are going to change, you just gotta black that out and move on with what you enjoy.

In regards to this toy..

The money it costs could be put towards a Deluxe figure that I'll likely enjoy more than some face.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Covenant » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Blurrz wrote:
Eh champ, no need to get discouraged by others who have less years in the franchise on their belt. The majority of negative nancies are ones that aren't even committed to collecting or would rather bitch at photos than to experience the toy or figure in their own hands.

I've been in your seat before and it sucks.. and that's just how the world is. Not many people are going to change, you just gotta black that out and move on with what you enjoy.

Understanding. Greatness. Thank you.
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby synthetik » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 am

Motto: "You! Yes, you! You are dead!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
I think it's a great idea. The non-visored one looks a bit too smirky though but maybe it's just the lighting.
synthetik
Minibot
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:59 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Holy hell, those are ****. These guys have yet to come up with something I'd buy. Leave the FP stuff alone. You obviously can't top it.
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:06 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Kibble wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:This looks all kinds of balls.

Is that good or bad? Personally, I'm not a big fan of balls...not that there's anything wrong with it.

Generally speaking any descriptive term associated with male genitalia shouldn't be going in the 'win' column.

Covenant wrote:#-o

So this isn't for you or him then. Obviously any & every toy Hasbro or Takara makes isn't for everyone in a finicky niche like Transformers Collectors. Same goes with third party add-ons. Obviously an add-on kit for JUST the face is aimed at those who don't completely enjoy the few faces for any of the many Commander kits. Obviously some are with them.

Years of interaction with fellow fans, it still amazes me there are those who don't seem to understand that only what they want (ESPECIALLY in third party matters) doesn't dictate a standard. Two pages of almost similar sounding voices about this item, but the point doesn't sink in. Thought; If you're happy entirely with the face your 'Whatever'-Commander kit has, OBVIOUSLY this item isn't aimed at you. For those that don't feel the original faces do the rest of the incredible mold homage-justice, this is a win.

Folks should start being happier for the wins of their fellow fan-kin, rather than being overly critical of any & all items not set perfectly to their personal wants in collecting. It would be nice for a change.

S'also a big reason many TF fans eventually don't go to message boards after a while. I used to be big on all TF message boards in presence. No longer. This is merely the spark of the bonfire of why.

Peace out.

Sounds like you're asking people to only share their opinions if they're positive ones. The idea of a world where everyone is smiley, happy and polite 24/7 scares the crap out of me as nothing would ever happen. Progress comes about through disagreements and discussion. I don't expect things to change just because I may have an issue with it, but surely I'm allowed to say I don't like something if that's the case.

I agree with MINDVVIPE when he says that folk who are strongly affected by negative comments should perhaps step away from the interweb for a while. But I agree with Blurrz's comment about brushing them off even more. You simply shouldn't take it personally when someone you don't know or who doesn't know you disagrees with you about something (lets be honest) that is quite trivial.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby GunFire Alpha » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Motto: "Eternal Vigilance is the price of victory"
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Tidalwavex wrote:
GunFire Alpha wrote:Really? I'm perfectly happy with my City Commander's face.

I have the original version and I purchased the additional set which FansProject released later for the weapons and the extra face plates included are more than enough to vary the expression.

I honestly don't think these faces look very good - they don't fit the helmet properly for one, the faces extend lower than the originals and just don't look right IMHO.

I also feel the same way.

Why not just go all the way & create a 100% new head sculpt with weapons/accessories.

to just create the inner faces,seems kinda lacking/weird/whatever.

I ain't spending $10 or $15 or $20 bucks just for one or two one inch inner robot faces. I've got better things to spend my money on than one inch inner robot faces.

FWIW,I like the inner face my 3rd party city commander comes with. I see zero reason to replace it with the DR. WU version.

I agree, if you're going to create a new face, why not a whole new head?
Look at iGear's heads for Generations Kup, they were in fact were the reason I bought that figure!

A new head could make City Commander look more like Magnus, but IMHO, these faceplates don't look right with the existing head.
GunFire Alpha
Mini-Con
Buy from GunFire Alpha on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I think it looks OK, but I have the first version of City Commander, and I've heard too many horror stories of people trying to pull the head off and breaking the ball joint neck. So it's nothing for me. Sadly.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby dinogeist » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Covenant wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: #-o Dude, we're all here to discuss. Theres nothing wrong in voicing your preferences. If people are so affected by the negative comments, they actually SHOULD take a break from the computer.

Awesome. I voice an intelligent view on a lack of positivity toward fellow fans getting what they want in something, not to mention a great effort of fans doing something for the effort of fans doing incredible work on behalf of all fans, and that's the response. Brilliant!

NO,IMHO,You were upset because others voiced their opinion on the subject manner in a negative manner.

IMHO,You clearly accused various seibertron.com members of being overly negative.

IMHO,As long as seibertron.com members express their opinions on the subject manner in polite,respectful,non-attacking ways. I don't see the problem with expressing a negative or positive opinion on the subject matter.

some of us,feel it's our duty to express our honest opinion on the subject matter. in case official sources or 3rd party sources are reading these threads here on seiberton.com. this is called feedback. if we all lie or if some keep quiet not to sound overly negative. then official sources or 3rd party sources think their doing a great job & continue to produce/create inferior products. most of us voice our honest opinion in the seibetron.com threads to try to HELP the official or 3rd party companies to create the most superior product available.

Some also voice their HONEST opinion in the seibertron.com threads to all help each other/fellow fans. decide on if this product being created is inferior or decent. it's always good to have feedback & listen to opinions from fellow fans. because lets face it,some of us have been buying TF toys for years/decades.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Doctor McGrath » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
:BANG_HEAD:
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby helli0n » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:19 am

Motto: "Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I really like the look of these faces.

Makes me wonder if Dr Wu can make a replacement face for Botcon Ultra Magnus too..? :lol:
helli0n
Micromaster
Watch helli0n on YouTube
Buy from helli0n on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby GunFire Alpha » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am

Motto: "Eternal Vigilance is the price of victory"
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Blurrz wrote:

I think a statement like that is doing an injustice to some of the people who've posted comments on this thread, myself included.
There's no need for sweeping generalisations like that and I would think someone as respected and involved in the boards like you would know better.

I was born in 1982 and have been collecting Transformers for most of my life,
so I have plenty of years collecting under my belt.
I also buy third-party products, including new heads and faces so I'm not
negging all 3rd party companies either.

If you check out my profile I also do some customising and kitbashing, so I actually do appreciate how much work goes into creating things like this and that sculpting something like a face requires skill and precision.

Saying that, my opinion is such that I think the faces don't look right with the existing FansProject head and that for the cost of the set, the quality doesn't match the original FP faces.

While I don't consider myself an authority in the same leagues like yourself, I do consider myself a fan and collector that is deserved of my own opinion without being subjected to comments like that.

The whole basis of having boards like this is to express opinions, whether negative or positive and nobody should be made to feel like a scolded child, or that they've personally offended someone because of an opinion expressed on a 3rd party product.

Fair enough if someone left an unkind or negative comment on a custom someone had spent a lot of time on, but not in the case of a company manufacturing a product to make money on.
GunFire Alpha
Mini-Con
Buy from GunFire Alpha on eBay
Speed: 4

Postby El Duque » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have posted in-package and finished product images of Dr. Wu's DW-P03 Iron Will replacement face plates for FansProject City Commander. The faceplates come in a small tin just like their previous release DW-P01 Face Off.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby primatives » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 am

damn am i the only one that thinks these look terrible! From the pictures the quality of these guys seem really bad. They arent clean cut and the paint is all over the place, reminds me off the joker head that came out.
primatives
Mini-Con

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 am

primatives wrote:damn am i the only one that thinks these look terrible! From the pictures the quality of these guys seem really bad. They arent clean cut and the paint is all over the place, reminds me off the joker head that came out.

Nope, I agree with you; they look bad.

These are a classic example of "just because you can doesn't mean you should".
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 am

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
The last few pictures look like a much better quality product compared to the first close up shots

just looking at the yellow eyes on the last 2 photos the paint apps look 100% more professional and the mould of the face seems to have a cleaner look to the detail(That could be down to the lighting)

Not realy something i find i need myself i dont think they make him look anymore like g1 magnus than the original face plate does well other than the big blue eyes , its been said and i agree the FP helmet stops that happening and a new head sculpt would have been the way to go

Im fine with FP head sculpt its not a figures head ive looked at and thought someone needs to sort that out but if someone did make one

It does seem like a waist of a deluxe to buy these i would hate to think the cost would be anymore than 12-15

I wish more 3rd partys should be making new head sculpts for all the straight up repaints that come out.
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Postby AnimeFreak505 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
These are awful just awful :WRECK:
AnimeFreak505
Mini-Con
Watch AnimeFreak505 on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Stockade » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:57 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
WOW! these do look bad, good thing i didnt eat lunch yet before looking at these! :SICK:

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I see where they are going with this line. They are getting rid of the ugly fansproject chins and giving you the option of a visor. I bought the Protector set on e-bay so it should arrive in a few days. Ill save my judgements on quality for when the product is in my hands. Then ill make a decision on this set.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Paint apps could be better. I bought the Protector one and found the same dodgy paint apps there too. But in real life it isn't so bad unless you hold it close up.

Why yellow eyes? When has UM ever had yellow eyes? Dropped the ball on that face! I actually like the visored one, though. More G1 toon inspired .... maybe I'll get it. I mean, I have most of the other CC add-ons anyway ...
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby freakzero1981 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Motto: ""why worry about snakes in the garden,when you got spiders in your bed.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
i know the reason for these kind of transformers is to please hardcore fans.i love transformers alot.i just can't find myself ever wanting to own any of these.not knocking em in any way,some are very impressive.but i just can't do it.
freakzero1981
Micromaster
Watch freakzero1981 on YouTube
Buy from freakzero1981 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Rated X » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
For those who think the paint apps are poor, would it be that hard to dip it in thinner and then repaint it ??? It's not brain sugery...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Rated X wrote:For those who think the paint apps are poor, would it be that hard to dip it in thinner and then repaint it ??? It's not brain sugery...

My last attempt at taking off paint melted the plastic of the TF I was hoping to mod a bit and got paint eveyrwhere.

Some of us just have no talent for it.

Besides, you shouldn't have to mod a product like this. Not when they sell for $20 (wish they'd just stow the metal tin and put it in a plastic baggie).
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Yup, still looks like ****. These guys need to go away.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Previous

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON