This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Voyager Megatron In-Hand Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Megatron In-Hand Images

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Is it just me, or does he have less paint apps than the Deluxe?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm

And now that I see that enormous cannon mounted on the rear of his alt mode, I can also very clearly see an awesome Jhiaxus in a future Botcon set! Once I save up, I'll be getting AT LEAST one of this guy.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby TimothyR » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 am

that back kibble doesn't look quite right.. has hasbro been known to literally erase back kibble from figures in there promo shots? i know that they can hide it sometimes.. but i have a feeling there's a better way to configure the back kibble.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
TimothyR wrote:that back kibble doesn't look quite right.. has hasbro been known to literally erase back kibble from figures in there promo shots? i know that they can hide it sometimes.. but i have a feeling there's a better way to configure the back kibble.
It's probably mistransformed.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby TimothyR » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am

Sabrblade wrote:
TimothyR wrote:that back kibble doesn't look quite right.. has hasbro been known to literally erase back kibble from figures in there promo shots? i know that they can hide it sometimes.. but i have a feeling there's a better way to configure the back kibble.
It's probably mistransformed.

that's what i'm hoping.

i love the look of it though, and even positioned like that, the arms still hide the kibble quite well.

the only problems i have with it (besides the color) is the cannon looks a little too big, and to me, the deluxe head looks a lot better.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby El Duque » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:37 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Added more images to the news post.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby El Duque » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
You knew it was only a matter of time before someone uploaded a video review of the newly released Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron. Check out the video courtesy of YouTube's spiderprime23 embedded below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Megazarak » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:08 am

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Hm, he doesn't look quite as good as I thought he would. I also think it's ridiculous that his sword can't lock into place. I already thought MechTech weapons that couldn't lock in place were just stupid (not that the ones that could were spectacular) so the fact that this one can't, especially when the sword is one of his signature weapons, makes it even more stupid. I guess I may pass on him, but I would like a bigger sized version of him eventually. The Deluxe (Revealer?) one is alright, but not great and definitely too small.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby TimothyR » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 am

unlike most people, i quite like the alt mode.

i'll definitely have to add some paint.

i wonder how the deluxe megatrons cannon would look with the figure.

i can't wait to get all of these figures, i can't wait to have voyager megatron standing side by side with voyager prime.

anyways.. this whole line looks incredible. i hope they add more "classic" characters to the shows lineup. i doubt they'll have blur on it, but i'd love to see what tfprime blurr would look like, same goes for prowl.

i guess we'll wait and see (or wait, and let other countries see, as has been the case)
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby kookookajew » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 am

Motto: ""For everything that ever was ...""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
auggghh.. this looks fantastic which makes me mad as ****.

Dude.. hasbro where the hell is the First edition voyagers? England's got the line AFTER the first edition wave ... WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RESERVED AND SHADY?!?!?

Im VERY dissapointed with the hasbro distribution .. honestly I'd expect the US to get these figures first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kookookajew
Micromaster
Buy from kookookajew on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby TimothyR » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:33 am

kookookajew wrote:auggghh.. this looks fantastic which makes me mad as ****.

Dude.. hasbro where the hell is the First edition voyagers? England's got the line AFTER the first edition wave ... WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RESERVED AND SHADY?!?!?

Im VERY dissapointed with the hasbro distribution .. honestly I'd expect the US to get these figures first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree.. it's absolutely ridiculous. the US has yet to see all of the first edition wave.. and the UK has already gotten the main line figures. .. hell there are even people who haven't seen any of the first edition figures. it's BS.

.. not only that.. but they get figures that were literally just revealed to us a day or so prior to them hitting stores.

i don't mind other countries getting them first.. but when they're that far ahead of us.. that's when i start having a problem. this is the US.. where hasbro is based.. get your ____ing products on the ____ing shelves already.

the worst part of this whole deal is that there is literally nothing we can do.. we're obviously going to be buying the figures when (if) we see them.. and we're going to continue supporting the brand. but at this point hasbro needs to take notice of this and understand that they're pissing off a lot of people that put money in their pockets and put a lot of time and effort into their products.

i wish someone would grill them on their distribution because it absolutely blows. i'm sick of seeing stores with either empty pegs or bumblebee repaints.

sorry.. my whining and complaining is over (for now). i'm happy for the people who have been able to pick these things up and have been kind enough to share photos and reviews with us, kudos to you guys.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby metaphorge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:52 am

Motto: "Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!"
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Have we seen any shots of the production Takara Voyager Megs yet? I really like this mold but it looks to be REALLY spare on the paint apps; perhaps this is an area that Takara has improved upon (as they have with Voyager Bulkhead)....
Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!
metaphorge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby craggy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 am

TimothyR wrote:

i agree.. it's absolutely ridiculous. the US has yet to see all of the first edition wave.. and the UK has already gotten the main line figures. .. hell there are even people who haven't seen any of the first edition figures. it's BS.

.. not only that.. but they get figures that were literally just revealed to us a day or so prior to them hitting stores.

i don't mind other countries getting them first.. but when they're that far ahead of us.. that's when i start having a problem. this is the US.. where hasbro is based.. get your ____ing products on the ____ing shelves already.

the worst part of this whole deal is that there is literally nothing we can do.. we're obviously going to be buying the figures when (if) we see them.. and we're going to continue supporting the brand. but at this point hasbro needs to take notice of this and understand that they're pissing off a lot of people that put money in their pockets and put a lot of time and effort into their products.

i wish someone would grill them on their distribution because it absolutely blows. i'm sick of seeing stores with either empty pegs or bumblebee repaints.

sorry.. my whining and complaining is over (for now). i'm happy for the people who have been able to pick these things up and have been kind enough to share photos and reviews with us, kudos to you guys.

People who haven't seen the First Edition figures, eh? Like the whole of the UK, who won't be getting the line released at all? So we're not "ahead" of you. We're getting some releases and you've gotten some other releases.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby metaphorge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 am

craggy wrote:
TimothyR wrote:

People who haven't seen the First Edition figures, eh? Like the whole of the UK, who won't be getting the line released at all? So we're not "ahead" of you. We're getting some releases and you've gotten some other releases.
Agreed 100%.

Also, I was initially under the impression that First Edition wasn't going to be a general release line in the first place, since it consists of molds designed to sell at the same time as Generations. I was kind of surprised that they made it to WalTargs R Us in the first place.

(Also, my understanding is that since Argos is a catalogue store that they are legally required to have items in stock before they can sell them, so I assume that they got the very first shipment of RID so they could sell them in their upcoming spring catalogue, so that's why they got them so much before any other retailer anywhere else. I take this in stride, since we Americans usually get almost everything else first....)
metaphorge
Targetmaster

Postby Lockdown91 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:40 am

Weapon: Electromagnetic Photon Laser
Actually guys, Forbidden Planet has some of the First Edition toys on their online shop due to be in their warehouses january the 29th

http://forbiddenplanet.com/toys/?q=transformers

So looks like we'll be getting them, even if we have to pay a little bit more for them.

And the fact of the matter is, in america it seems to be that you actually get alot more stuff then us here in the UK, we literally never saw jungle attack ironhide, bludgeon (we had the banzaitron repaint) i never saw toys like HFTD terradive or tomahawk, there are many others we just haven't seen that i cannot think of off the top of my head.

Back on topic, i'm really liking the looks of these prime figures, may have to pick up a few, megatron and soundwave! What's the findings for these guys like? Is it only 1 box to a store or something? all the Argos stores near me that i've checked for online are all out of stock/1 left which would probably be bumblebee :/
Lockdown91
Minibot
Strength: 8
Speed: 8

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
metaphorge wrote:(Also, my understanding is that since Argos is a catalogue store that they are legally required to have items in stock before they can sell them, so I assume that they got the very first shipment of RID so they could sell them in their upcoming spring catalogue, so that's why they got them so much before any other retailer anywhere else. I take this in stride, since we Americans usually get almost everything else first....)

That's not necessarily correct. There are a number of items in the Argos catalogue with a disclaimer saying "Available from [insert date]", but maybe Hasbro thought they'd throw the UK a bone and let Argos have them early. I mean, look at the news its generated: basically wall-to-wall PRIME for two or three days.

As a Brit, I'd like to say thank you metaphorge for being one of the few Yanks who doesn't see this as some sort of attempt on our part to take back the U.S. as a colony. Not getting the First Edition figures here in Europe has been a real kick in the crotch seeing as I want all of them. So, that'll be high shipping rates and a bill from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs for me then. Anyone in the States want to swap?

As far as the figure goes I really like the design (although the inability to permanently have the blade extended sucks. Think I might crack it open and remove the spring(s)). I'll wait and see what I think when I see one in the flesh but as it stands I may hold out for the Takara version.
Last edited by Sodan-1 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Stumpybot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 am

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The only place I saw generations past wave 2 was forbidden planet. and it was limited. Thank god for kapow

We've had a very, very limited numbers wave hit retail. By the time they restock it will be hitting the US anyway

I think people need to quit getting their panties in a twist over it. Seriously

I'm keen to see how this measures up to my voyager prime, as despite the see thru blue forearms, he's growing on me

Seems like they've got a decent scale on these figs too, I wish somebody would post pics. I might when megs arrives on tuesday
Stumpybot
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby metaphorge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 am

Stumpybot wrote:I think people need to quit getting their panties in a twist over it. Seriously
That's so culturally insensitive; don't you know that becoming indignant over perceived slights is as American As Apple Pie and is an integral part of our national identity? :grin:

(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)

To be perfectly fair to my fellow citizens, I do understand where the frustration is coming from. Distribution for Hasbro products has been pretty craptastic across the board lately; I expect that the problem has less with Hasbro and more to do with how our megadollar megastores have been handling their own supply chains in these times of economic downturn.

I'm sure the SIS had nothing to do with it. :D
metaphorge
Targetmaster

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:42 am

metaphorge wrote:(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)

Should we assume there's some satire in there somewhere? ;)
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby metaphorge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 am

Sodan-1 wrote:
metaphorge wrote:(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)

Prowl wrote:What? Yes, of course I'm serious.

I'm always serious.
:grin:
metaphorge
Targetmaster

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 am

metaphorge wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:

Prowl wrote:What? Yes, of course I'm serious.

I'm always serious.
:grin:

Oh good. Thanks for the clarification. There can be so much ambiguity in a typed message. ;)
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
As an American fan, I know how lucky we are. I have no problem with our UK fans getting first dibs on the PRID line. No problem at all. My problem is with Hasbro. Parts of Asia and Canada received the First Edition. Parts of the US received the Deluxes. The UK was skipped altogether, but they got PRID when no one else did. On top of that, they postponed DOTM/Movie Trilogy 'til God knows when.

It's all over the map like pure craziness. What are they doing?!?

Speaking of Movie Trilogy.... I saw a case at Wal-Mart last night... "MV3 OPTIMUS PRIME WITH PLAYSET BASE"

Any clues as to what that is? Could it be the trailer set? The box was wide, but I have no idea how long.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby decepta-scott » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 am

That is one sweet looking figure. I like that optimus as well.
I wonder will there be a voyager class t.f.p. starscream released any time in the near future?
decepta-scott

Postby metaphorge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 am

decepta-scott wrote:That is one sweet looking figure. I like that optimus as well.
I wonder will there be a voyager class t.f.p. starscream released any time in the near future?

El Duque wrote:
RhA wrote:He looks awesome. I'm very afraid that he's going to be a rubberfest, though. There's a voyager coming? I'm gonna hold out for that.

Yep.

metaphorge
Targetmaster

Postby Neurie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:08 am

To be honest we here in the UK are more suprised to have these than you guys in the US. We are used to being shafted when it comes to TF releases, we will not be getting the last waves of movie toys( Soundwave, Dino, Q/wheel jack, Air Raid, Buzzsaw, Skydive), didn't get any if the large scale human allience figures and none of the gen 1 reissues.

And with the UK government increasing tax levels and getting rid of the small items excise waver importing a deluxe figure just became prohibatively expensive(if the figure costs £12-18 from Japan or America plus shipping and the 20% tax isn't paid by the shipping company the UK postal services will charge a handling fee of between £12-18 making a toy you paid $20/£12 for cost you around £40 with extra tax shipping and handling).

To be honest in America even with the bad distribution you have easy access to get almost any figure through bbts, entertainment earth etc at reasinable prices.

You should try talking to guys in Italy, they can't even import things any more as many companies will not ship there and they get a handful of toys officially released each year.

Not easy being a TF fan in Europe.
Neurie
Headmaster Jr

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON