This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee review

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:04 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Beno, the nice chap who reviewed Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Revealers (Deluxe) Cliffjumper yesterday, has posted another figure form the same line and size class. Revealers Bumblebee!
To watcht eh review ether click here or watch it embedded here in the article:

Transformation of Bumblebee and Cliffjumper:

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee review

Postby Vicalliose » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:13 am

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Opening My first edition now. That thing looks awful. :evil:

I honestly feel sorry for the European fans now. I looks like they just plain ruined it with automorph. :-(
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
*facepalms*

Now, I really have to wonder if my first thought was correct. That this is the kid's line and First Edition is for the collectors, only. The accuracy went out the window on this one.

So far, we have THREE strikes against Hasbro for this toyline.

Voyager Optimus, who's chest isn't a cheat, but the rest of him looks to be a mess.
Deluxe Cliffjumper, who is just a mess with a horrible backpack, not to mention, shrunken and has his accurate weapons striped from him.
And now, Deluxe Bumblebee, who has an Automorph that isn't needed, a weird collar out of some sci-fi horror movie, but he comes with both blasters.

I'm afraid to see what they've done to Megatron, and I absolutely am afraid to see what they'll do with Bulkhead. I'm hoping they just repack the F.E. for the mainline, because he's excellent and shouldn't be changed. Hasbro, don't screw everyone over with this.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:25 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Really hate that panel that is sticking up behind his head.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
A very good review of a "meh!" figure. Automorph will never take priority over having less kibble in my opinion, and the lack of detailed paint applications on this guy is appauling. First Edition for me thanks. Might pick one of these up cheap to get a second blaster.

It's not true what Beno says about availability. My store has, or had, two Wheeljacks in addition to Cliffjumper, and while I can confirm there is an extreme lack of voyagers/Powerizers, I was curiously able to order some in to the store for the end of the week. Will see how it goes.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby therc203 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:56 am

Motto: "Geeks will inherit the earth"
Hey guys - check out my deluxe wheeljack video and transformation review here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7o_kUBh ... e=youtu.be
therc203
Mini-Con
Watch therc203 on YouTube
Buy from therc203 on eBay

Postby philtron3030 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 am

Motto: "It's not what you shoot, It's who you shoot. It's not who you shoot, its who's shooting you!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Really glad I have the FE of this fig, cuz THAT is just horrible. Now I just need FE Cliffjumper, Optimus and Bulkhead.
heading down to Frank and Sons today to see if anyone got them and would gladly pay the premium prices, the RID stuff is just... fail

On a side note I'll be heading to New Castle, Uk (flying from Los Angeles) for business next week anyone know of a good toy store or 2?
philtron3030
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
philtron3030 wrote:On a side note I'll be heading to New Castle, Uk (flying from Los Angeles) for business next week anyone know of a good toy store or 2?

Lol, it's Newcastle mate, all one word. If it's PRIME figures you're after then Argos is probably your best bet. There's three of them in Newcastle alone.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby robotmel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:22 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:-?
There's a lot of hating going down towards the Prime RID Deluxe/Revealers figures right now?

Could the Revealers figures be the current line equivalant to the Classics range, with the Powerizers being the equivalant to the Voyagers? :???:

Chew on that one..! :P
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

robotmel wrote::-?
There's a lot of hating going down towards the Prime RID Deluxe/Revealers figures right now?

Could the Revealers figures be the current line equivalant to the Classics range, with the Powerizers being the equivalant to the Voyagers? :???:

Chew on that one..! :P

....HUH?!?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kiyza » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:39 am

Motto: "Who says there are no girls on the internet?"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I was really hoping that this would be an improvement over the First Edition Bumblebee figure, but if anything, I think this is a reason to just cross him off my list of toys to pick up.
Kiyza
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Skill: 9

Postby mattwhite924 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 am

These aren't terrible, but I have to wonder why they even made new molds anyway. Why spend the money when you already have perfectly good molds?
mattwhite924
Minibot

Postby robotmel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
mattwhite924 wrote:These aren't terrible, but I have to wonder why they even made new molds anyway. Why spend the money when you already have perfectly good molds?

:D
I have a whole lotta love for Transformers and feel the variety put out for all sorts of ages is a good thing to keep the franchise alive and very much kicking!
The comparative pictures of TF Prime Voyagers vs Deluxes will I'm sure be up on Seibertrons awesome forums some time very soon? Keep 'em peeled!
I'm leaning towards the TFP Deluxes/Revealers being the current line versions of CHUG and the same for the Powerizers/Voyagers? Does that make sense people? ;)
As long as Argos keeps stocking 'em, I'll keep buying 'em! :D
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 am

robotmel wrote:I'm leaning towards the TFP Deluxes/Revealers being the current line versions of CHUG and the same for the Powerizers/Voyagers? Does that make sense people? ;)

No, it doesn't. This is the second time you've posted it and gave no explanation. I might be able to figure out what point you're trying to make if you'll clarify.
Last edited by Autobot032 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:*facepalms*

Now, I really have to wonder if my first thought was correct. That this is the kid's line and First Edition is for the collectors, only. The accuracy went out the window on this one.

Seems that way. I wonder if they did market testing and kids found the FE toys too complicated, and that's why it's taken them so long to put out this line, because they pretty much had to go back to the drawing board. :-(

This Bee looks okay, but I definitely prefer the First Edition one. The chest and neck are way less accurate here. The door wings look a little better here, and the face is brighter (I don't mind the FE face), and he has 2 guns, but other than that, not as good.

Although for the record I really love Voyager Prime. I just hope there are some other good ones beyond First Edition. Wheeljack is a good sign in my opinion.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #18 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211249 (CA) Yu (W) Soule (A)Rosanas"
STAR WARS #18 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DISCOVERY ADV IN 32ND CENTURY #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221579 4A"
STAR TREK DISCOVER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars YODA #2 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220984 (CA) Noto (W) Scott (A) Leon"
Star Wars YODA #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #6 Cvr E RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 JAN231622 6E 6RI (CA) Ward"
STAR TREK #6 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Strange New Worlds SCORPIUS RUN #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2024 OCT231344 5A"
Star Trek Strange ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Strange New Worlds SCORPIUS RUN #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231470 1A"
Star Trek Strange ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #66 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231378 66B (CA) Oz"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DS9 DOG WAR #4 Cvr E RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 APR231588 4E (CA) Simeone"
Star Trek DS9 DOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic EYE STORM #1 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210950 Pacheco"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr U LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220639 3U (CA) Conner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr U ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231463 7A (CA) Ward (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HALCYON LEGACY #2 connecting Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211071 (CA) Sliney"
Star Wars HALCYON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic THE BLADE #4 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV221038 (CA) Camuncoli"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr G 1:5 virgin action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230263 12G"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON