This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Official Product Images 2012

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Official Product Images 2012

Postby El Duque » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have received a huge batch of official images from Hasbro to along with the products displayed today at Toy Fair 2012. We've got a little bit of everything:

• Role Play
  • Kre-O
  • Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise and Cyberverse
  • Fall of Cybertron (Generations)
  • Bot Shots

Click here to view the full official product images gallery.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Official Product Images 2012

Postby dedcat » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
damn, that shockwave is nice.
dedcat
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shockwave looks great, almost everything else is complete crap. And what the hell is all that crap on Bulkhead?
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Gearslide » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
Ahh...Shockwave...
You know a figure is good when the Hasbro photographers can't even mess up the shot.
Gearslide
Combiner
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
To be honest, nothing here has got me interested in replacing my versions with these renditions of these characters. Shockwave was about to, but his legs suck way too much to be the mighty Shockwave. Unless theres a way to fix his girly thin legs, I'm saving most of my cash for them 3rd party bots.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
A lot of this I'll have to see in person in order to decide what I want to buy.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby CrimsonPrime » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 pm

The only ones I'm buying from all these pics is :-

FoC Shockwave : Say what you want about the legs but damn that's one fine headsculpt,chest and weapon.

Bruticus : I dont think I need to say why I wanna buy this one lol xD. 5 DX figs that can combine is awesomesauce :D.

Kre-O Devastator : Meh sure it's just 4 constructicon but damn that Devy looks like one hell of a killing machine =P~

Voyager Megs : The paints suck but damn I just love his awesomesauce bot mode.

But yeah only 4 figs(8 if you count the Bruticus seperately)...Pretty dissapointing I must say...
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Maximus had such potential. I'm still not entirely against it. The current offering, sure, but we know they can make Headmasters, such as Energon Omega Supreme. If they remolded the body a bit to look more like Fortress/Brave Maximus and made him a Headmaster (make his included Cyberverse Legion be the head, for example), we'd buy it like crazy.

FOC is the only one that's really doing anything for me.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 am

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
FOC: Bruticus, shockwave, and Optimus, Prime: voyager megatron Optimus and starscream and deluxe vehicon, cliffjumper, and soundwave all sound good to me!
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Savage » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:37 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Shockwave at last!

So, a few negatives first off: the legs looks kinda scrawny, and his whole abs-crotch region reminds me of DotM Shockwave, which was unimpressive. Also, I could do without the wings, I'm hoping there's another way to fold them that makes them less noticeable/winglike.

Postives: First, it's about damn time! LOVE the headscuplt. Weapon looks good, and the figure looks pretty articulate. I'm sure I can find a space to cram him into the shelf. :)
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:46 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
MINDVVIPE wrote:To be honest, nothing here has got me interested in replacing my versions with these renditions of these characters. Shockwave was about to, but his legs suck way too much to be the mighty Shockwave. Unless theres a way to fix his girly thin legs, I'm saving most of my cash for them 3rd party bots.

I love it when people insist third party companies arn't thieves and then I see posts like this.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
The future looks bright, and my wallet weeps because of that.

FoC Shockwave, RiD Ratchet, Arcee, and Soundwave are musts. Perhaps more but i'd like to see reviews and such before truly deciding.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 7

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:32 am

Starscream GaGa wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:To be honest, nothing here has got me interested in replacing my versions with these renditions of these characters. Shockwave was about to, but his legs suck way too much to be the mighty Shockwave. Unless theres a way to fix his girly thin legs, I'm saving most of my cash for them 3rd party bots.

I love it when people insist third party companies arn't thieves and then I see posts like this.

How are they thieves? if there were multiple sixshots in Hasbros toyline, and they somehow were kept a secret from me due to third party companies, that would make them thieves. What they're doing now; thats just supply and demand. I don't get it. Are you mad at third party companies because you can't afford their figures?
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
*Shockwave is just comeplete sexiness all around. His wrists are scaring me, hope they don't have Lockdown Syndrome.

*Some of the Prime toys are a little disappointing, Weaponizer Prime, Bumblebee, and a little bit of Hotshot for that matter.

*Jazz is, like Shockwave, is the embodiment of pure awesome-sauce.

*FOC Prime could have been done a little better, probably a pass unless they come up with a FOC Megatron.

*Really worried about the Combaticons, especially Vortex. Those colors do NOT do him justice. Hopefully he'll be appropriately be colored. If that's how he's colored in the game, my bad, I'm going by G1 here.

*Bot Shots are a pass. Really interesting, but my wallet's already dying as it is.

*Cyberverse, like Bot Shots, are a pass.

*Optimus Maximus, pretty cool looking, not one for his base mode, probably a pass for now.

*40+ Generations? Creamed my pants at the thought of it.

So pretty much, 2012 is a good year, even though we're screwed at the end of the year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
MINDVVIPE wrote:How are they thieves? if there were multiple sixshots in Hasbros toyline, and they somehow were kept a secret from me due to third party companies, that would make them thieves. What they're doing now; thats just supply and demand. I don't get it. Are you mad at third party companies because you can't afford their figures?

Don't misunderstand me, I can afford third parties. Although I must say, even if I had the morality to buy them, I wouldn't waste the asking prices on them but that is neither here nor there.

How are they thieves? Well right there you're saying you will not buy Hasbro figures, the ones who can legally make toys of the characters and will instead buy toys from those who don't.

Supply and demand doesn't mean anything when it involves the right to make the toys.

*Waits for someone to do the inevitable "Well if Hasbro made the toys I wanted *cry cry*" argument
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:52 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Twitchythe3rd wrote:The future looks bright, and my wallet weeps because of that.

FoC Shockwave, RiD Ratchet, Arcee, and Soundwave are musts. Perhaps more but i'd like to see reviews and such before truly deciding.

Say no more, Peaugh of YouTube has Soundwave in his videos of reviewing! Very sexy, I must say. Disappointed by his lack of height, but it's definitely a must-get. ;) He has FE Arcee, not sure abour RID Ratchet and Arcee.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:09 am

Starscream GaGa wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:How are they thieves? if there were multiple sixshots in Hasbros toyline, and they somehow were kept a secret from me due to third party companies, that would make them thieves. What they're doing now; thats just supply and demand. I don't get it. Are you mad at third party companies because you can't afford their figures?

Don't misunderstand me, I can afford third parties. Although I must say, even if I had the morality to buy them, I wouldn't waste the asking prices on them but that is neither here nor there.

How are they thieves? Well right there you're saying you will not buy Hasbro figures, the ones who can legally make toys of the characters and will instead buy toys from those who don't.

Supply and demand doesn't mean anything when it involves the right to make the toys.

*Waits for someone to do the inevitable "Well if Hasbro made the toys I wanted *cry cry*" argument

... ?
When did I say I won't by Hasbro figures? I just said the figures i've seen here don't make me want to replace the figures I already have, which are obviously a lot of Hasbro figures. I really don't give a crap who makes the figures, as long as they're good quality and are affordable enough for me to buy. The third party figures come with a high price tag because they are basically targeting a niche market (high-spending adult collectors).

You seem to be very offended by the fact that people won't spend on Hasbro, but will spend on third party companies who "legally" don't have the right to make them. That arguement has always been one that I laugh at. 3rd party companies are NOT, and I repeat, NOT a competing business for Hasbro. They make enough money that these third party companies are, if anything, doing Hasbro GOOD by keeping the franchise alive with an older audience who buys both third party AND hasbro products. Supply and demand is everything, btw. If 3rd party companies were actually stealing a nice chunk out of hasbro's profits, I'm sure they would be shut down and made to pay fines. Until then, be a wise consumer and choose to spend your money on things that you feel deserve it. Spending on 3rd party tfs aren't going to kill the Transformers franchise... there are still children all over the world buying Transformers, as well as other Hasbro products, that are within their parents' budgets.

Sorry for the off-topic dialogue, everyone.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:22 am

MINDVVIPE wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:

... ?
When did I say I won't by Hasbro figures? I just said the figures i've seen here don't make me want to replace the figures I already have, which are obviously a lot of Hasbro figures. I really don't give a crap who makes the figures, as long as they're good quality and are affordable enough for me to buy. The third party figures come with a high price tag because they are basically targeting a niche market (high-spending adult collectors).

You seem to be very offended by the fact that people won't spend on Hasbro, but will spend on third party companies who "legally" don't have the right to make them. That arguement has always been one that I laugh at. 3rd party companies are NOT, and I repeat, NOT a competing business for Hasbro. They make enough money that these third party companies are, if anything, doing Hasbro GOOD by keeping the franchise alive with an older audience who buys both third party AND hasbro products. Supply and demand is everything, btw. If 3rd party companies were actually stealing a nice chunk out of hasbro's profits, I'm sure they would be shut down and made to pay fines. Until then, be a wise consumer and choose to spend your money on things that you feel deserve it. Spending on 3rd party tfs aren't going to kill the Transformers franchise... there are still children all over the world buying Transformers, as well as other Hasbro products, that are within their parents' budgets.

Sorry for the off-topic dialogue, everyone.

-attempts to make a roar of applause, but realizes no one will probably join in and stops clapping-

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Judge Deliberata » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 am

Motto: "Innocent!"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
I have no idea what the blazes Shockwave turns into. Nor do I care. I can't tell; all I know is I WANT.
"Innocent."
Judge Deliberata
Vehicon
Speed: 6
Courage: 7

Postby noctorro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 am

Ow my gods! Shockwave looks fantastic! He's super screen accurate.
This line is going to be teh awesomnesss!

Seriously, I'm very, very happy with FOC. This is totally awesome :)
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby funeralthirst7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 am

Evil_the_Nub wrote: And what the hell is all that crap on Bulkhead?

I was wondering the same thing. He looks like he packed up all of his belongings to move across the country.
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic

Recent acquisitions:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime
Masterpiece Thundercracker

GDO Powerdive

Prime Dreadwing (Voyager)
Prime Skyquake (Cyberverse)
funeralthirst7
Minibot
Buy from funeralthirst7 on eBay
Speed: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:04 am

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
THIS IS SOOOO MUUUUUCH ..... fail.
i can't even decently like half of any of the figs.the prime figs reak of fail. i would rather see first editions FOREVER than see this.
the only ones i like are FOC shockwave(LLLOOOOOOOOOVE) FOC jazz(vehicular mode is very good but the robot mode, meh), and FOC OPrime(AWESOME)
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Mykltron » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:10 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Wow that Optimus Maximus is pure awful. Limbs are full of holes and base mode is just him sitting down. It's a brand new G1 brick.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 am

Judge Deliberata wrote:I have no idea what the blazes Shockwave turns into. Nor do I care. I can't tell; all I know is I WANT.

A jet. Not a player of War for Cybertrom I'd imagine?

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby RhA » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:48 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Mykltron wrote:Wow that Optimus Maximus is pure awful. Limbs are full of holes and base mode is just him sitting down. It's a brand new G1 brick.

Slap a Grandus behind him and top it off with a Sky Garry and I'd buy it.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210458 12A (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Machines Fast Food Premium 2000 230313A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 230418A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Kre-o Capsule RED ALERT Transformers Kreon G1 toy Japan Takara Tomy 2014 New"
Kre-o Capsule RED ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN Transformers G1 Triplechangers complete + instructions 1985 221120A"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fox Kids CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe complete Hasbro 1999 210923A"
Fox Kids CHEETOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON