iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Mkall » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
zodconvoy wrote:Okay, follow me on this one. This is not a retool of Warpath. Not. Having a similar transformation scheme doesn't make it a retool. Is Jazz a retool of Prowl? Is Blaster a retool of Soundwave? The first picture iGear posted of Presser was from last June, just as Warpath was becoming available. I shares no parts and none of it is copied. Seriously.

I don't know, there's too many similarities between Warpath and Impactor - the Treaded Feet, the hatch behind the head, the chest folding into itself...

I'm not saying it's a retool of Warpath; well I guess I am; but it looks like they copied the transformation method.

Edit: I've been comparing the prototype to my Warpath - the significant differences I can see is the Shoulder cannon and the arms
Image

My Collection! Updated Feb 13, 2021
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11127
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
When I first saw the colored CG renders, I immediately thought of frenzyrumble's custom Impactor. Out of curiousity, I went to his website and low and behold, it's not there... I can't seem to find any images of it. I wonder if his design (which was pre-Gen. Warpath) was used.
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Mkall » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
GetRightRobot wrote:When I first saw the colored CG renders, I immediately thought of frenzyrumble's custom Impactor. Out of curiousity, I went to his website and low and behold, it's not there... I can't seem to find any images of it. I wonder if his design (which was pre-Gen. Warpath) was used.

I've heard of iGear approaching customisers for designs - though before they were not providing good compensation (so I've heard). Maybe that's changed?
Image

My Collection! Updated Feb 13, 2021
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11127
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Oilspill » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:28 am

Mkall wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:Okay, follow me on this one. This is not a retool of Warpath. Not. Having a similar transformation scheme doesn't make it a retool. Is Jazz a retool of Prowl? Is Blaster a retool of Soundwave? The first picture iGear posted of Presser was from last June, just as Warpath was becoming available. I shares no parts and none of it is copied. Seriously.

I don't know, there's too many similarities between Warpath and Impactor - the Treaded Feet, the hatch behind the head, the chest folding into itself...

I'm not saying it's a retool of Warpath; well I guess I am; but it looks like they copied the transformation method.

Edit: I've been comparing the prototype to my Warpath - the significant differences I can see is the Shoulder cannon and the arms


Agreed. The way the chest collapses looks identical - pins in all the exact same places etc. Looks like it is a copy of Warpath's design to me, though not necessarily a retool in the sense we are used to.

All this discussion makes me realise that Warpath would make a pretty cool Wrecker.

Anyway, looks pretty nice so far. From everyone's comments it sounds like it is better to buy this when it comes out, rather than preorder it.
Image
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 807
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:58 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Mkall wrote:Yeah, it's a heavy retool of Warpath, but I don't care. After all these years I can own an IMPACTOR!


Agreed! :APPLAUSE:
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2894
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby craggy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:38 pm

this is a retool of warpath as i am a retool of denzel washington
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4773
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:39 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
We get to see some more Presser prototype images from the iGear Facebook page. These new batch of pics show the full prototype in robot mode and alt mode.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
Posts: 4184
News Credits: 1235
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby RodimalToyota » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah, that's a 100% retool of warpath, I'd pay up to 20.00$ for it.
Masterpiece Hoarder
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 765
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby originaljk555 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:59 am

Weapon: Laser Pistol
Yep seeing the robot and alt mode pics for this guy, he looks great but I agree with cylor that he's basically a deluxe warpath retooled as impactor. Still a great looking figure though.
Image
Find and Like Me on Facebook
User avatar
originaljk555
Mini-Con
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 am
Location: Florissant, MO
Watch originaljk555 on YouTube
Buy from originaljk555 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:00 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
If Hasbro were smart enough...
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Rated X » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Looks great but the stupid open mouth ruins it. Reminds me of dumb superhero comics muggs.

On the flip side, this is one instance where I hope Hasbro steals the idea from Igear. Just like Hasbro stole Igear's improvements to MP Starscream. Hasbro might earn back my respect if they start stealing some 3rd party ideas, instead of whining like a bunch of b**chs in court. If this is a re-tool of Warpath, Id rather pick him up for $13.99 at Walmart.
Rated X
Banned
Posts: 8420
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Retool or copied transformation I don't care. He is awesome and I will have him. But I can't help noticing that iGear is again pushing the envelope of 3rd party I.P. theft. That molded Autobot insignia is blatant. If any 3rd party company pushes things to far, it's these clowns. :-?
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 am

So defending the rights to their designs is "whining" now? Really?

This figure must come with another head. I mean, iGear has to know there are people who'd be turned off by the open mouth. I really like the way it look right now, but there's just too much out there that I want. Blowing $100 on a cool character I don't really know wouldn't be a good idea.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5044
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
The transformation seems inspired by Warpath, but its hard to recognize the 2 as similar when not side by side, I'd even say this figure looks better as Impactor than Warpath does as Warpath. And the leg transformation seems to have some differences. siimply calling this a retool is an understatement. not one part is the same as it is on Warpath.

And consider this, if Hasbro at any point decided that Warpath would make a good Impactor, you know that it would only be a purple and yellow repaint with maybe a new head.

Also, love the molded Wreckers symbol.
Seibertron wrote:


Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.


Image
JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:35 pm
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby El Duque » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
vg67654_shut_up_and_take_my_money-n1294512916668.jpg
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9760
News Credits: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Wreckgar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 am

You can keep your Devastators, Seasprays and Powerglides... I'm having this!
Wreckgar
Minibot
Posts: 109
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:52 am

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Love it.

However, that moulded Autobot symbol is taking some liberties is it not?
Image
User avatar
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
Posts: 1219
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:33 am

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Rated X » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:So defending the rights to their designs is "whining" now? Really?

This figure must come with another head. I mean, iGear has to know there are people who'd be turned off by the open mouth. I really like the way it look right now, but there's just too much out there that I want. Blowing $100 on a cool character I don't really know wouldn't be a good idea.



Yes it is whining. Respect the G-code, Hasbro stop snitching.

If Hasbro wants their market back, then make an impact or keep drowning in the sea of perfection known as 3rd parties. I don’t even know why we still use that silly outdated term. Hasbro is just another drop in the bucket now. IGear, Fansproject, TFC, and CHMS are all major players in the game. Just because you did something first, doesn’t mean you do it best. Ask Henry Ford…
Rated X
Banned
Posts: 8420
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Mkall » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'll take one absolutely!

Rated X wrote:If Hasbro wants their market back, then make an impact or keep drowning in the sea of perfection known as 3rd parties.

And how many figures has Hasbro made in the last 6 months vs 3rd Parties?

Rated X wrote:I don’t even know why we still use that silly outdated term. Hasbro is just another drop in the bucket now.

More like Hasbro is the bucket of water and third parties are the food colouring that adds colour.

Rated X wrote:IGear, Fansproject, TFC, and CHMS are all major players in the game.

iGear hasn't really released any recent product on time according to their original ETAs
Fansproject has been dead silent since July last year
TFC was plagued with poor offerings before Herc, and Herc figures suffered some major QA issues in their early runs - though to their credit they did supply replacement parts.
CHMS has yet to produce a product that, even when copying Hasbro's, can match Hasbro's quality (i.e. joint tightness and face details)

So yeah, why should Hasbro have anything really to worry about?

Rated X wrote:Just because you did something first, doesn’t mean you do it best. Ask Henry Ford…

And yet Ford is still the 2nd largetst US-based Auto-maker.

So the moral of the story is - yes, 3rd Parties add some nice bling to a collection - but Hasbro is still the bread and butter on the Transformers Franchise, whether you like it or not.
Last edited by Mkall on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image

My Collection! Updated Feb 13, 2021
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11127
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Rated X wrote: Just like Hasbro stole Igear's improvements to MP Starscream.


Actually, iGear stole those improvements from a customizer.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
Posts: 4184
News Credits: 1235
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Flashwave » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:So defending the rights to their designs is "whining" now? Really?

This figure must come with another head. I mean, iGear has to know there are people who'd be turned off by the open mouth. I really like the way it look right now, but there's just too much out there that I want. Blowing $100 on a cool character I don't really know wouldn't be a good idea.



Yes it is whining. Respect the G-code, Hasbro stop snitching.

If Hasbro wants their market back, then make an impact or keep drowning in the sea of perfection known as 3rd parties. I don’t even know why we still use that silly outdated term. Hasbro is just another drop in the bucket now. IGear, Fansproject, TFC, and CHMS are all major players in the game. Just because you did something first, doesn’t mean you do it best. Ask Henry Ford…


You're talking about two different things here. Using the Autobnot symbol is no different than me going out and building a car in my backyard and selling it with a blue Ford logo on it. That's why the Alternator lines were licensed. If Hasbro has to play by the rules and ask to use someone's car, then so does someone else. Plain and simple.

Where Repro fits into all this I don't know, but even then that's more a restoration market, largely.

JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:The transformation seems inspired by Warpath, but its hard to recognize the 2 as similar when not side by side, I'd even say this figure looks better as Impactor than Warpath does as Warpath. And the leg transformation seems to have some differences. siimply calling this a retool is an understatement. not one part is the same as it is on Warpath.

There are a few differences, but the Transformation is nearly identical. The feet are obviously the front treads, you can see that in the vehicle mode if you nevr saw the robot. They did a nice job moulding the bottom ofg the legs with vents so that it sorta hides the fact,but that's Warpath's stand up transformation. The torso appears to eb folded the same way, the hands are hidden in the same place, there can't be that many ways to fold the hinges for his arms, and if yopu want to get nitpicvky the moved the Nerf Bars (Oh, excuse me, 5mm clip bar) to the side and not the top of the rear treds, but it is Warpath. I mean, come on! There's a million ways to unfold a tank, let's stop copying a transformation that works and come up with something new. Othewsise, I'd rather save the money and see if Hasbro does a repaint, cause it won't be that different.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3455
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 pm

I always thought RTS Perceptor was ripe to be repainted into Impactor, I guess Hasbro didnt think the character was marketable enough...
Image
User avatar
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
Posts: 1219
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:33 am

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby Mkall » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Pretender Skywarp wrote:I always thought RTS Perceptor was ripe to be repainted into Impactor, I guess Hasbro didnt think the character was marketable enough...

Well to be fair, ourple and yellow are not the most pleasing colours to sell to a mostly boys market.
Image

My Collection! Updated Feb 13, 2021
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11127
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby zodconvoy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Pretender Skywarp wrote:I always thought RTS Perceptor was ripe to be repainted into Impactor, I guess Hasbro didnt think the character was marketable enough...


How? The only things that version of Perceptor and Impactor have in common are the shoulder cannon (which is wrong for both characters) and the rough shape of the head. The build, proportions, and most importantly altmode are pretty close to the exact opposite of Impactor. I do however wish Hasbro had put out the Reflector repaint of Perceptor they had promised.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:


Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3255
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: iGear's Presser Proto pics up

Postby kirbenvost » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Well, it sure does look nice...
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6689
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS SMOKESCREEN WFC-GS06 DELUXE TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS SELECTS NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS NOVASTAR POWER OF THE PRIMES DELUXE CLASS FIGURE MISP!!" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF TRANSFORMERS FIGURE JRX RAILRACERS SPIKE RAIL RID TAKARA HEAVY LOAD LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF LOOSE TRANSFORMERS TAKARA SLING SABERBACK RAIL SPIKE JRX WEDGE RID" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LOOSE HEAVY LOAD WEDGE AUTOBOT DUMP TRUCK RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class WindBlade 4" Figure NEW Turbine Thrash mint" on EBAY
Buy "1986 Runamuck G1 Transformers still in original box, ONLY ONE OUT THERE!see pics" on EBAY
Buy "Doubledealer Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Loose Complete 2014 Hasbro" on EBAY