This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Club Store Undergoing an Upgrade

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Transformers Club Store Undergoing an Upgrade

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
The Transformers Club Store is currently being upgraded. This shouldn't be an unusual event; after all online stores must make updates occasionally to reflect changes in market or technology. However what makes this event unique and interesting is the text that is seen if an item is attempted to be purchased:

Your security is important to us. We are busy upgrading the store for your safety and will be back up shortly.

This upgrade follows a rash of credit card thefts that have circumstantially linked to The Club following the rush to buy Over-Run and Shattered Glass Drift and their accompanying T-Shirts. Are the events related? As of yet The Club has yet to comment.

Keep an eye on SEIBERTRON.COM for any updates to this or any other story.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Club Store Undergoing an Upgrade

Postby jimclancy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 pm

So who else had a charge out of Mumbai? I bet I'm not the only one.
jimclancy
Mini-Con
Buy from jimclancy on eBay

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
jimclancy wrote:So who else had a charge out of Mumbai? I bet I'm not the only one.

Mine was somewhere in New York and didn't happen until this morning. I had thought I had escaped unscathed, I guess everyone who bought from The Club should cancel their Credit Cards.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
The collectors I've spoken with have had charges ranging from Wal-Mart.com to American Express to Google. Laptops being sent to New Jersey seems to be popluar with this particular breach. Out of precaution, I recent my card information and have had no problems, but it seems no one has escaped truly unscathed as the fraudulent charges have hit people that ordered pre-shutdown, post- shutdown and any range of items.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
That's good to hear. I have to renew soon, so hopefully when they have it back up, they won't steal my credit card.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
I had thought that I had been unscathed, but I found out about two weeks after purchase that I had been hit. Having only used my credit card twice in three months when the card was issued, I was a bit peeved. Especially since I'm in college, and everything is still getting sent home, so I don't have access to my new card.

This week, though, Brian at FunPub contacted me asking for clarification on the details of the fraud that I reported to them, so hopefully my info was able to help them make this change.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 pm

WeatherManNX01 wrote:I had thought that I had been unscathed, but I found out about two weeks after purchase that I had been hit. Having only used my credit card twice in three months when the card was issued, I was a bit peeved. Especially since I'm in college, and everything is still getting sent home, so I don't have access to my new card.

This week, though, Brian at FunPub contacted me asking for clarification on the details of the fraud that I reported to them, so hopefully my info was able to help them make this change.

Good of them to make an inquiry. Unfortunately, there are far more people who have been hit that did not report it. I'm certain Funpub would not want to invite reports, as they would be dealing with a bogged down website again.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
GetRightRobot wrote:
WeatherManNX01 wrote:I had thought that I had been unscathed, but I found out about two weeks after purchase that I had been hit. Having only used my credit card twice in three months when the card was issued, I was a bit peeved. Especially since I'm in college, and everything is still getting sent home, so I don't have access to my new card.

Good of them to make an inquiry. Unfortunately, there are far more people who have been hit that did not report it. I'm certain Funpub would not want to invite reports, as they would be dealing with a bogged down website again.

I was pleasantly surprised. And it was outside normal business hours, too, which also impressed me. And after I responded, I got another email thanking me for my help, which for me goes a long way to showing how much they care.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby Skullcrunchberries » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Motto: "It's time to pull up a groove and get fabulous."
Weapon: Twin Rocket Launchers
Credit cards getting stolen when your choice of involvement is either a Decepticon, an evil Autobot, or a t-shirt (perhaps the most evil form of clothing imaginable)? Not surprised. They're probably working in cahoots! Cahoots, I tells ya! >_>

So these three dyslexic men walk into a bra... oh HAHAHA I am so funny
Skullcrunchberries
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 5

Postby AutobotCliffjumper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Motto: ""Let's bust some Decepti-Chops!""
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Mkall wrote:
jimclancy wrote:So who else had a charge out of Mumbai? I bet I'm not the only one.

Mine was somewhere in New York and didn't happen until this morning. I had thought I had escaped unscathed, I guess everyone who bought from The Club should cancel their Credit Cards.

I thought I was lucky enough to have eluded the thieves but alas, I Was hit 2 days ago from someone in Washington. Bought $400 worth of Sephora stuff...lame! Luckily I caught it the same day it happened so I got i taken care of with my bank. TFCC needs to respond and give us a little something for our trouble. :BOT:
AutobotCliffjumper
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

This shouldn't be an unusual event; after all online stores must make updates occasionally to reflect changes in market or technology.

Or in this case, they update their store every 20 years or so. Seriously, going to their website is like stepping back in time to the early days of the World Wide Web.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby LiKwid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
After I endured my fiasco yesterday, Im not sure if Im going to renew next year. I ordered after they had switched companies and still got hit but like a week later. Unless the company they used in repleacement was just as bad or this was a inside job. Either way , I think I might be able to live with out their little exclusive from now on.. :sad:
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10

Postby --B-- » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I got hit with an attempt that my GM card blocked, it was 76 bucks for some online account sign up service. I tried using that card during the crash, but did not try and use it once the pre-orders were set up again a couple of days later.

So not only did I get locked out of the system trying to make the purchase, but my card numbers got swiped at the same time.

At least they are doing something about it, but an appology from them, even if it technically wasn't Funpubs fault, would go a long way.

They won't, but it would be nice to say sorry to all of us who have to take the time to sort this out with their credit card companies.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Kibble » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
--B-- wrote:At least they are doing something about it, but an appology from them, even if it technically wasn't Funpubs fault, would go a long way.

They won't, but it would be nice to say sorry to all of us who have to take the time to sort this out with their credit card companies.

I dunno, I wouldn't bet my collection on it, but they seem like a fairly straight up bunch. I think they'll make an announcement of some sort. They're at least being more upfront about it than another unnamed TF retailer. They never took any accountability for their incidents and we have no idea if they've done anything to shore up their ****. But at least those guys take paypal, I guess.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Robowang » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 pm

form-letter-to-hasbro-concerning-funpub-credit-breach-t84652.php

These form letters are easy to print, sign, and send, and will let Hasbro know that we are very unhappy with the situation so far.
Robowang
Micromaster

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Kibble wrote:
--B-- wrote:At least they are doing something about it, but an appology from them, even if it technically wasn't Funpubs fault, would go a long way.

I dunno, I wouldn't bet my collection on it, but they seem like a fairly straight up bunch. I think they'll make an announcement of some sort. They're at least being more upfront about it than another unnamed TF retailer. They never took any accountability for their incidents and we have no idea if they've done anything to shore up their ****. But at least those guys take paypal, I guess.

Fairly straight up bunch? I don't think so. It's like this:
club exclusives are sold out right? Botcon packages have sold to most people that are getting them. Not a lot of straggler traffic right? Not a lot of transaction on the site, fair to say? So they do this upgrade while no one is looking and it was only because Seibertron tried to make a purchase did the information of an upgrade even come to be known. They didn't post an announcement did they? I'm asking because I'm not aware of one, not because I'm being smart @$$.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby Kibble » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:Fairly straight up bunch? I don't think so. It's like this:
club exclusives are sold out right? Botcon packages have sold to most people that are getting them. Not a lot of straggler traffic right? Not a lot of transaction on the site, fair to say? So they do this upgrade while no one is looking and it was only because Seibertron tried to make a purchase did the information of an upgrade even come to be known. They didn't post an announcement did they? I'm asking because I'm not aware of one, not because I'm being smart @$$.

We'll see how it plays out... If they don't say anything about it, then fine, f*ck 'em...although that they're doing something to their site shows they're at least doing something, but I think they still need to make an announcement and an apology yet. But TFcurse never said jack about their mishaps and they seem to be cool by most everybody again...
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:01 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
GetRightRobot wrote:
Kibble wrote:

Fairly straight up bunch? I don't think so. It's like this:

Excellent observation. Even if it wasn't an inside job, which is the most likely scenario, they should at least have the decency to admit "Hey, we're having problems." and then say "We'll reopen once we get it fixed. Thanks for your patronage." They did neither.

I've noticed something here...

I know credit card fraud has been a long standing issue, it happens, but it didn't affect this fandom until recently. We went for years without problems. Then, all of a sudden we see TFSource get hit repeatedly. Now the club. For some reason, the fandom has become a target for these attacks...now.

My guess is that the thieves are seeing what we spend day in, day out, year by year and think "They spend that kind of money on TOYS? They can afford it. There we go. Next mark in 3...2..." People might say "Oh no. It's just a matter of the times catching up with us. We're finally popular and more of the public are buying these, so they've made us a bigger target." It's possible, but I doubt it.

We've all done e-store shopping since...well...the mid to late 90's. My first purchase was in 1996 (or 97...can't remember exactly). I might be wrong, but I don't remember Digital-Toys getting hit. BBTS? Nope. Hasbro's original toy shop website? Nope. Only now are we hearing about TFSource getting hit at least twice and now the club.

It leads me to believe that our fandom is being watched more, or it's an insider at the processor who knows the fandom well.

I mean, sure, it could be random chance. It just seems odd that we're getting hit now and in several places.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Kibble » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 am

I think you're thinking about it too hard, A-032. Cyber thieves look for vulnerabilities and exploit them. I doubt we're being targeted any more than anyone else...unless maybe the POS doing it happens to be a collector or former one. But either way, I don't think these assholes really care whether their victims can afford it or not.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Banjo-Tron » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:06 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Well that was embarassing. I saw a transaction I didn't recognise, rang up my bank, waited on hold, and just before I got transferred to an advisor I remembered that I did recognise the transaction after all, and it was for Valantines lingerie. Thankfully I hung up before I had to speak to anyone :oops:
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby NamelessOne » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:18 am

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Well, this is bloody marvellous -

I was just trying to renew my overseas membership to make sure I get renewed to get this years exclusive, and have found the same thing -

Other members are complaining of the same thing (can't, or won't dial the US international number) on their page on Facebook, they're just referring everyone to the help email address - I've emailed, and waiting to see what comes back...

It'd be ironic if I managed to get Overrun, and miss out on Runamuck - I would normally presume online payments to ensure membership before 16th March would be up and running, but, the way this year has gone for the TFCC I'm not betting my life on it! :BOOM:
NamelessOne
Minibot
Speed: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Kibble » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Statement and apology issued...
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Kibble wrote:Statement and apology issued...

Well, I stand corrected. They actually stepped up to the plate and did something right for once.

Even TFSource refuses to do that. Amazing.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ANNUAL 2021 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210489 (A/CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
Transformers ANNUA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 MAY221567 3C (CA) Gauntt"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 JUN221676 4D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #14 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 14A (CA) Zama AUG190756"
TRANSFORMERS #14 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight SOUNDWAVE RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Roche 231208S"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON