This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Yet another option has surfaced for those of you who are no quite satisfied with the mug on your TFC Hercules. In addition to their "Roaring" face option, not to be confused with TFC'c own "Rage" option, Dr. Wu has created a more stern and reasonable face for the massive figure. Although the chin is quite large, one would have to assume this will be about the same price as the Roaring set and retain the ability to conceal the head in the back of Dr. Crank. Transformers Galaxy added these images to their facebook page which you can view by clicking here or scroll down to view the mirrored images.

GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Dr Wu DW-P04A Invulnerable Upgrade for TFC Hercules

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 am

From the side, the chin isn't too bad. I actually like this, more than the rage faces. May actually get this.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Yeah... no? Am i the only one who likes the current Herc face?
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Requiem Prime » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:09 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
While this is a good stern face, wasn't the original already stern? Can we get a cross compare?
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 am

This face has more defined lips and some panels on the side of the face. But I had to look at my own Herc and this side by side to see any difference. Buying this is kind of a waste since you can't tell any difference right off the bat.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby robotmel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:57 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:D
Dr. Wu....

I might get all the variant faces from Wu and glue them to the Metroplex eye, jam a bit of wire coat hanger in it and call it a Quintesson!!! :grin:
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Kibble » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
I'm glad they're focusing on the important things like 50 different faces rather than silly things like that POS black blade on Neckbreaker...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:05 am

Kibble wrote:I'm glad they're focusing on the important things like 50 different faces rather than silly things like that POS black blade on Neckbreaker...

It's riveted in. It's not as easy as unscrewing something. And, with the kind of plastic used on Herc, you'd probably break it completely if you even try to remove the black shovel.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rated X » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
PASS.

Crazy Devy won the battle.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Requiem Prime » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Kibble wrote:I'm glad they're focusing on the important things like 50 different faces rather than silly things like that POS black blade on Neckbreaker...

It's riveted in. It's not as easy as unscrewing something. And, with the kind of plastic used on Herc, you'd probably break it completely if you even try to remove the black shovel.

Also, Heavy Labor's chest isn't purple either. If you must, just get a bit of paint and a tiny brush from a hobby store, it shouldn't set you back $10. Although, a little silver paint to Exgraver (and maybe Mad Blender) and you have a much more unifying theme.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Postby griftimus prime » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:40 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
how much crap are people gonna make for this thing?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Kibble » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 am

Requiem Prime wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Also, Heavy Labor's chest isn't purple either. If you must, just get a bit of paint and a tiny brush from a hobby store, it shouldn't set you back $10. Although, a little silver paint to Exgraver (and maybe Mad Blender) and you have a much more unifying theme.

People have taken them apart entirely to paint them properly and have successfully put them back together so it can be done. I would do that myself if I had any confidence in color matching and that the paint wouldn't scratch/rub/chip, but my customizing skills are minimal at best. And just the chest isn't good enough...I also want to get that black turd off Herc's shoulder as well as a purdy alt mode. Need that blade green! And if they want to do something creative to the chest side, great...I'd be happy w/ just green, though.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 am

Kibble wrote:
Requiem Prime wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

People have taken them apart entirely to paint them properly and have successfully put them back together so it can be done. I would do that myself if I had any confidence in color matching and that the paint wouldn't scratch/rub/chip, but my customizing skills are minimal at best. And just the chest isn't good enough...I also want to get that black turd off Herc's shoulder as well as a purdy alt mode. Need that blade green! And if they want to do something creative to the chest side, great...I'd be happy w/ just green, though.

You don't suppose they've just been careful not to paint the wrong areas instead of taking it all apart? It's riveted in, man. Maybe if they've gotten very good at disassembling it I can believe it, but for regular joes it is not going to come off.

Which isn't to say it'd be IMPOSSIBLE to release a new shovel. But it'd have to come with new arms and at least a part of the legs as well, and it'd probably be greatly overpriced for such a small change and I can't see anyone but TFC actually releasing it because it'd probably have to come with arms and legs already attached.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kibble » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 am

Gauntlet101010 wrote:You don't suppose they've just been careful not to paint the wrong areas instead of taking it all apart? It's riveted in, man. Maybe if they've gotten very good at disassembling it I can believe it, but for regular joes it is not going to come off.

Which isn't to say it'd be IMPOSSIBLE to release a new shovel. But it'd have to come with new arms and at least a part of the legs as well, and it'd probably be greatly overpriced for such a small change and I can't see anyone but TFC actually releasing it because it'd probably have to come with arms and legs already attached.

Yes, I've seen the WIP pics of all the pieces taken apart as well as posts saying they took them apart to paint. And damn do they look good now!
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:40 am

Kibble wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:You don't suppose they've just been careful not to paint the wrong areas instead of taking it all apart? It's riveted in, man. Maybe if they've gotten very good at disassembling it I can believe it, but for regular joes it is not going to come off.

Yes, I've seen the WIP pics of all the pieces taken apart as well as posts saying they took them apart to paint. And damn do they look good now!

I've scratched up a TF by trying to remove a rivet, so I'm still skeptical that a "fix" is even possible for the average TF fan. It sounds to me like you should just pay one of them to repaint it for you instead of waiting for a fix that'll probably never happen.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kibble » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I've scratched up a TF by trying to remove a rivet, so I'm still skeptical that a "fix" is even possible for the average TF fan. It sounds to me like you should just pay one of them to repaint it for you instead of waiting for a fix that'll probably never happen.

Probably right...
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
robotmel wrote::D
Dr. Wu....

I might get all the variant faces from Wu and glue them to the Metroplex eye, jam a bit of wire coat hanger in it and call it a Quintesson!!! :grin:

Laugh my fornicating arse off! That's beautiful mate. Well struck.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I see no need for this faceplate. Interesting how this piece does the opposite of what Face-Off did for Protector, i.e. the massive chin-strap.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Hmm looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger. So he'd be Hercules, the Devasnator?
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby megatronus » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
At what point can we politely ask Dr. Wu to please leave?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 pm

megatronus wrote:At what point can we politely ask Dr. Wu to please leave?

Come now. Sure, he's really missing a few beats with these first releases, but look at how iGear started out. Hell, look at how TFC started out! Give it time, maybe he'll impress you.

I kinda like his Magnus face (the visor one).
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby megatronus » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
megatronus wrote:At what point can we politely ask Dr. Wu to please leave?

Come now. Sure, he's really missing a few beats with these first releases, but look at how iGear started out. Hell, look at how TFC started out! Give it time, maybe he'll impress you.

I kinda like his Magnus face (the visor one).

These face plates just aren't my thing... If you like them or think Dr. Wu has potential, more power to you - I mean it! Heck, I hope they produce something awesome. Nothing beats a great 3rd Party Product :D
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have posted some installed and packaging shots of Dr. Wu's DW-P04A Invulnerable replacement face for TFC Toys Hercules. Check the mirrored images out below. With all the alternate faces that are being produced for this guy can "troll"-face Hercules Imagebe far away?

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Is it strange that I like the Troll face more than the story?

Hmm...

:trollface:

Also: The head is nice, need to get me this Hercules set if I have $500+ lying around sometime.

EDIT: Damn, didn't work! :BOOM:

Successful troll.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Doctor McGrath » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Unnecessary.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926P"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #286 Cvr B IDW Comics JUL210466 286B Sanchez 220920"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0124IM260 305C (CA)Walker"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero SERPENTOR UNCOILED One-Shot IDW Comics 2021 231113"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010P"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON