This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Human Inductees for the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame Announced: Chris Latta & Simon Furman

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Human Inductees for the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame Announced: Chris Latta & Simon Furman

Postby El Duque » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Hasbro has announced the this year's human inductees into the Transformers Hall of Fame, voice actor Chris Latta and comic book scribe Simon Furman!

Chris Latta
The first TRANSFORMERS animated television series began to air in 1984, and as part of the original cast, voice actor Chris Latta helped breathe life into these animated robotic characters. Chris Latta began his voice over career in the late 1970s. In 1983, Latta joined the cast of the G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO animated series as COBRA COMMANDER, the leader of the evil mega maniacal organization COBRA. Later, on the TRANSFORMERS series, Latta pioneered the role of STARSCREAM, a back handed and conniving character that constantly plotted to usurp his leader MEGATRON for control over the DECEPTICONS. Latta’s portrayal of both STARSCREAM and COBRA COMMANDER have made these characters two of the most iconic and widely recognized in their respective brands. Unfortunately, Chris Latta passed away in 1994; however his family will be on hand at the Hall of Fame event to accept the award on his behalf.

Simon Furman
Simon Furman is one of the most recognized and respected names in the world of TRANSFORMERS comic books. Furman began his run on TRANSFORMERS comics writing the first UK version of the TRANSFORMERS imprint. Later on, Furman took over the role of writer on the U.S. comic adaptation beginning with issue 56 and ending with issue 80, the final comic to be published in the series. In 1993 with the reintroduction of the TRANSFORMERS brand under the “Generation 2” banner, Furman was once again tapped to pen the 12 issue comic series. Nearly ten years later, Furman returned to the world of mainstream TRANSFORMERS comics as part of the “Dreamwave” writing staff. Simon Furman now writes for IDW comics, where in 2012 and by popular demand, he was asked to continue the story of the original TRANSFORMERS comics right where he had left off beginning with issue 81 of TRANSFORMERS ReGeneration One.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Upcoming Human inductees in the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame: Chris Latte & Simon Furmon

Postby It Is Him » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

About time Furman gets inducted. Also, that's very nice of Hasbro to recognize Chris Latte.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Re: Human Inductees for the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame Announced: Chris Latta & Simon Furmon

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Two excellent choices, there.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Human Inductees for the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame Announced: Chris Latta & Simon Furmon

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Aw man, I wish I was a Transformers Hall Of Fame Inductee, those statues look awesome (if that is, indeed, the trophy they get... if they even get one at all)!

Very good to see Chris Latta in there. :CON: :CON: :CON:

Edited for a spelling mistake.

Derp
Last edited by Fires_Of_Inferno on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Have to go with Latta, he played 2 of the most iconic roles in fandom history.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby monuo_ripts » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Both really deserve it, I just wish they would make a 3rd induction for Frank Welker. And maybe they've asked Frank and he feels other deserve it before him. Either way, he needs to be in there!
monuo_ripts
Minibot
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
It's about time Furman gets his due. Latta was also a great contributor, good to see him go. I met his daughter last year, she's a voice actor as well. This almost makes me wish i went to BotCon this year. Almost. As for the statues, they do get to keep them, but they're plastic, not even metal.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Re: Human Inductees for the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame Announced: Chris Latta & Simon Furman

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Couldn't think of two better or more deserving people. Welker will have his day but I understand Latta.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby NatsumeRyu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Rodimus Prime wrote:It's about time Furman gets his due. Latta was also a great contributor, good to see him go. I met his daughter last year, she's a voice actor as well. This almost makes me wish i went to BotCon this year. Almost. As for the statues, they do get to keep them, but they're plastic, not even metal.

Hahaha, I wonder if they're made of the same plastic crack that the toys are? :-?

That was funny last year at the ceremony. He got a little blind-sided and derailed when he picked the trophy up, hahahaa.

Anyway, heard lots of folks calling for these guys. I'm glad they could be inducted. I have a feeling some people are getting in earlier than others because they want someone to be present, obviously, for the ceremony. If they can't make it, then I'm sure hasbro, or whoever, has second picks, or a list they just go down and contact everyone until they get their picks for that year. *shrug*
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Human Inductees for the 2012 TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame Announced: Chris Latta & Simon Furman

Postby Bouncy X » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Welker's gonna have to get a really special award...how many damn voices did he do for that show? lol i mean in the original season 1 lineup, i think he voiced every decepticon except for like 2 or 3. lol

assuming he would have continued in the voiceover world, how cool would it have been to have Latta return to voice Starscream in Prime as well!!
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Gandalf » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
Fantastic to see Chris Latta inducted. Glad his family will be there to accept, as well. Really cool.

"Get on with the ceremony!" :CON:
Gandalf
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
NatsumeRyu wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: As for the statues, they do get to keep them, but they're plastic, not even metal.

Hahaha, I wonder if they're made of the same plastic crack that the toys are? :-?

That was funny last year at the ceremony. He got a little blind-sided and derailed when he picked the trophy up, hahahaa.

Yeah, I couldn't help it, I had to heckle him for it a little. I shouted up "If it was the 80s it would have been metal!" But at least I got to meet both Bay and Tyrese, they're cool in person, especially Tyrese.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #10 var Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221161 (CA) Talaski (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #10 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #2 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 MAR228730 (W) Percy (A/CA) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #8 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221024 (CA) Hitch (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #8 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #16 var Hellfire Gala Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230908 (CA) Parel"
GHOST RIDER #16 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #4 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220878 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #4 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var Marvel Comics MAR230887 (CA) Vicentini (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210820 (CA) Romita Jr"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Bullseye Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231149 (CA) Portacio (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #1 var B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 var Women of Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230839 (CA) Casagrande"
SHE-HULK #12 var W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230841 (CA) Chew (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #14 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #23 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230853 (CA) Renaud (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #23 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #7 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220899 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #7 var Mi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #3 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211129 (CA) Bachalo"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #14 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230856 (CA) Barends (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #14 Ma ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON