This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Toy Galleries: KO Noizu, Gurafi, Dairu, & Zauru

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Toy Galleries: KO Noizu, Gurafi, Dairu, & Zauru

Postby El Duque » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
It's rare for Knock Offs to sneak their way into the world famous Seibertron.com galleries, but these four managed to get past the gallery bouncer for a photo shoot! Below you will find galleries for the recently produced KO versions of the rare and highly sought after Japanese cassettes Gurafi, Noizu, Dairu, and Zauru along with their combined forms of Decibel and Legout.

These figures are unofficial duplicates of the originals right down to the packaging and copyright stamps. The packaging is significantly lower res than authentic versions, though this could be difficult to discern in an on-line auction setting. If you plan on purchasing authentic versions of these figures use these galleries to educate yourself before buying.

Noizu (Cassettes, Communications)
KO Transformers

Gurafi (Cassettes, Communications)
KO Transformers

Dairu (Cassettes, Communications)
KO Transformers

Zauru (Cassettes, Communications)
KO Transformers

Legout (Cassettes, Communications, Gestalts)
KO Transformers

Decibel (Cassettes, Communications, Gestalts)
KO Transformers

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: New Toy Galleries: KO Noizu, Gurafi, Dairu, & Zauru

Postby Stormrider » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Thanks for the photos. I have an authentic Noizu and comparing it to the Seibertron's photos of KO Noizu helps me see the differences much easier.

I bought KO Dial and KO Zaur to fill a void and was not happy at all. First and last KO's I buy. I expected them to be cheap but not defected to the point that I could not transform them.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby El Duque » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Stormrider wrote:Thanks for the photos. I have an authentic Noizu and comparing it to the Seibertron's photos of KO Noizu helps me see the differences much easier.

I bought KO Dial and KO Zaur to fill a void and was not happy at all. First and last KO's I buy. I expected them to be cheap but not defected to the point that I could not transform them.

I have all four KO's and found them nearly perfect.

I don't always buy KO's

but when I do they're rare Japanese cassettes.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 pm

These galleries honor the sacrifice of KOTOYS.com, a business which literally died to bring you these cassettes. Whether or not you feel they deserved the crackdown that befell them (and I'd be interested to meet a lawyer that says they didn't), these 4 are an impressive legacy.

True, they should have altered the packaging in some way to prevent secondary market fraud, but so far every one I've seen on the auction block has fessed up to it being a knock off.

Another handy metric: If the lot is a pair, mint in pristine boxes with no visible wear, it's the KO. If it's just one, loose with the stickers all curled at the edges and missing one or both guns, and generally looking like your personal holy grail degraded into a piece of slag as part of some sick cosmic joke, then it's the real deal. These 4 are traded so infrequently that Takara should have reissued these guys a LONG time ago to meet demand from cassette completists and avoided this whole polarizing issue. If they haven't done so because the molds are missing/damaged, and Takara won't reverse mold because it's too expensive, then I'd like to think that the reverse molds made to produce this set will somehow fall into official hands.

I for one got both pair, and proudly show them off...to friends who've never heard of them, don't understand their grail-status, and can't get over how lame their combined modes look, especially Decibel, who can barely stand straight up (is that a defect unique to the KOs?) Kind of like how Heavy Metal was out of print for so long that by the time of the big release in the late '90s, enough good anime was commercially available that it didn't seem all that mind-blowing anymore.

Glad to finally have these guys, even if they're not the real deal. KOTOYS always had QC problems, overshadowed by their communication problems, and I haven't received all of my last 2 orders yet. Yet based on some horror stories I'm hearing about the Soundblaster/Twincast reissues, apparently collecting any toy you have to order from overseas is something of a crap shoot anymore. I hope this rambling doesn't get another KOTOYS thread locked, and thanks for the gallery.
Last edited by Bumblevivisector on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Kills me that I had to use KOs for these instead of the real deals. Unfortunately, these will have to do until I am able to purchase originals or until reissues are released. Hopefully Takara Tomy takes note and puts these on their list for an Encore release. It'd be awesome to see one set of all four or the four figures split up between two different Encore sets, the others being Beastbox, Squawktalk, Grandslam, and Raindance.

The quality on these is what I expected for KOs. They're by no means perfect. There are small issues with all of them, but nothing that prevented me from doing their galleries. The stickers are not a perfect fit, which was OK until I transformed them, which caused minor damage to the stickers that overlap. Some of you might have the patience to trim the stickers ... I don't.

Decibel wasn't able to be combined properly because Gurafi's head wouldn't stay in the tucked in position, which I fixed by putting a small rubberband around his head just to create enough friction so that the head wouldn't fall out, causing Decibel's torso to fall backward.

It was nice to finally have some kind of samples of these in my hands at long last. I will acknowledge that my purchase of these four cassettes is hypocritical of me, especially since I'm such a staunch advocate against 3rd party toys and especially of knock offs. However, items like these are only a placeholder in my collection until I can find the authentic figures. It's not that I can't afford the originals, it's that they're hard as hell to come by, and when they do ... other collectors are right there to buy them as well. Hopefully I will be able to present detailed galleries of the original versions of these cassettes alongside their counterfeits so that everyone can be educated about the differences.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Bumblevivisector wrote:These galleries honor the sacrifice of KOTOYS.com, a business which literally died to bring you these cassettes. Whether or not you feel they deserved the crackdown that befell them (and I'd be interested to meet a lawyer that says they didn't), these 4 are an impressive legacy.

Glad to finally have these guys, even if they're not the real deal. KOTOYS always had QC problems, overshadowed by their communication problems, and I haven't received all of my last 2 orders yet. Yet based on some horror stories I'm hearing about the Soundblaster/Twincast reissues, apparently collecting any toy you have to order from overseas is something of a crap shoot anymore. I hope this rambling doesn't get another KOTOYS thread locked, and thanks for the gallery.

These galleries most definitely do not honor KOtoys. Don't turn KOtoys into martyrs. They are way on the other end of the spectrum from being anything close to that. KOtoys got what these deserved and had coming to them for a very long time. From what I understand, KOtoys isn't who made these, or any KO Transformers toys. They were just an online retailer who sold KO products.

Curious to hear about the problems people are saying about their Twincast and Soundblaster. Aside from my Twincast missing the two clear cases for the cassettes, everything else was perfect.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby generalstratton » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:These galleries honor the sacrifice of KOTOYS.com, a business which literally died to bring you these cassettes. Whether or not you feel they deserved the crackdown that befell them (and I'd be interested to meet a lawyer that says they didn't), these 4 are an impressive legacy.

These galleries most definitely do not honor KOtoys. Don't turn KOtoys into martyrs. They are way on the other end of the spectrum from being anything close to that. KOtoys got what these deserved and had coming to them for a very long time. From what I understand, KOtoys isn't who made these, or any KO Transformers toys. They were just an online retailer who sold KO products.

Curious to hear about the problems people are saying about their Twincast and Soundblaster. Aside from my Twincast missing the two clear cases for the cassettes, everything else was perfect.

In this one case, KOtoys were directly responsible. While they were not the factory that made them, the owner of KOtoys donated his original figures to the factory, so they could be reverse engineered. And was involved in the QC process, for the prototype figures to make sure they matched up in appearance as much as possible. As the factory brought the toys to the owner of KOtoys during each stage of the development for approval. Even the sticker font was changed, after one of these meetings. (over the 6 - 10 months of these figures development, their progress was posted on the KOtoys forums, keeping the fans involved as well)

Yes KOtoys was just on online retailer, but through their forums, KOtoys had become very involved with Chinese companies, like CHMS, to try and bring KO fans what we wanted. as well as to bring us exclusives, like the DIY Sideswipe & Hotrod kits.

And for all their problems, it will be along time before some one fill their shoes. In becoming more then just a retailers of knock off toys.
generalstratton
Mini-Con

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Sorry I failed to convey the half jest of that "sacrifice" comment. Since the galleries were compiled for this site, I assume most viewers would know they were anything but a shrine to knock-off retailers. I think CHMS actually made these, but I though GenZao did have some hand in seeing that they got made.

No one can say KOTOYS wasn't asking for everything that befell them, but I stand by my statement that these KOs have probably helped pave the way for legit reissues down the road. Even if Takara has all the original molds in working order, they likely considered these 4 too obscure to bother with, since demand would be perceived as lacking. Well, the justified s#!t-storm surrounding these knock-offs was more effective advertising and market research than Takara would likely pay for.

I never wanted exact replica KOs of these guys any more than you did, Seib. I don't really want pristine originals either, since anyone lucky enough to have them should hold onto them forever; that's what I'd do. Hell, if I saw any mint '87 versions of them come up for auction, I'd be sad because I'd assume it was the result of a collector falling on hard financial times or dying. I want legit reissues. So do you. It's safe to say we'd all love to see that. But sometimes a placeholder has to exist before any rights holder realizes that a place might also exist in their business plan for the real deal. Just look at any foreign movie or TV show that's gotten a fansub long before any American distributor bothered to import it legally. It may be a sad fact, and not how the world of toy collecting should work, but that fact is what this gallery will stand tribute to until there exists any such thing as reissues of these cassettes.

Again, sorry if this is getting off track, but I had to clarify what I said on a thorny issue.

As for the QC issues with the communicators, my Shattered Glass Drift had a left and right gun, but I don't doubt I was just lucky, so I don't doubt the posters who said they were missing a dial and a wing either. My luck with our latest set of legit cassette reissues has yet to be seen, as I'm a tad broke at the moment.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Bumblevivisector wrote:Sorry I failed to convey the half jest of that "sacrifice" comment. Since the galleries were compiled for this site, I assume most viewers would know they were anything but a shrine to knock-off retailers. I think CHMS actually made these, but I though GenZao did have some hand in seeing that they got made.

No one can say KOTOYS wasn't asking for everything that befell them, but I stand by my statement that these KOs have probably helped pave the way for legit reissues down the road. Even if Takara has all the original molds in working order, they likely considered these 4 too obscure to bother with, since demand would be perceived as lacking. Well, the justified s#!t-storm surrounding these knock-offs was more effective advertising and market research than Takara would likely pay for.

I never wanted exact replica KOs of these guys any more than you did, Seib. I don't really want pristine originals either, since anyone lucky enough to have them should hold onto them forever; that's what I'd do. Hell, if I saw any mint '87 versions of them come up for auction, I'd be sad because I'd assume it was the result of a collector falling on hard financial times or dying. I want legit reissues. So do you. It's safe to say we'd all love to see that. But sometimes a placeholder has to exist before any rights holder realizes that a place might also exist in their business plan for the real deal. Just look at any foreign movie or TV show that's gotten a fansub long before any American distributor bothered to import it legally. It may be a sad fact, and not how the world of toy collecting should work, but that fact is what this gallery will stand tribute to until there exists any such thing as reissues of these cassettes.

Again, sorry if this is getting off track, but I had to clarify what I said on a thorny issue.

As for the QC issues with the communicators, my Shattered Glass Drift had a left and right gun, but I don't doubt I was just lucky, so I don't doubt the posters who said they were missing a dial and a wing either. My luck with our latest set of legit cassette reissues has yet to be seen, as I'm a tad broke at the moment.

Thanks for the clarification and for the info. Hopefully the previous shitstorm and spotlighting galleries of these KOs will help get these their rightful place in the archives or reissues in the near future. I've got my fingers crossed.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 pm

I have to admit, I wondered whether these guys would find their way into the Seibertron galleries. Nice to see them here. And I do hope that these KOs push Takara into making legit reissues! As the owner of all four KOs I'd love to get my mitts on legit versions.

For all we know KO Toys did sacrifice themselves when they made these. Mike WAS instrumental in making them. KO Toys did make a great deal of KOs that were highly prized, and I have more than a few .... mostly Seekers. The fan interaction was really something too and it contributed to their success. Unfortunately all that was overshadowed by certain ... let's say "flaws" to be nice. They really were their own worst enemy; they probably would have been met with much less hostility if they only did things just a little differently. And I don't understand why they were dead set to make these as exact as possible when it alienated a whole section of the community.

Anyhow, the last two Dinocassettes and 25 cases made for a great last order.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mkall » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I have to admit, I wondered whether these guys would find their way into the Seibertron galleries. Nice to see them here. And I do hope that these KOs push Takara into making legit reissues! As the owner of all four KOs I'd love to get my mitts on legit versions.

As would I and most people on these boards I would suspect.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby UltraPrimal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Man, I'm a little jealous. These guys, even for KO's, look pretty cool. I especially like Dairu. Looks pretty articulated for a G1 cassette.

You should do a gallery of that Headmaster Surprise Giftset next if you're looking to continue with the KOs. At least they're of much better quality than your average knockoff. And I know just where you can get a set. ;)
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby emeraldbeacon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:07 am

Still think they should recolor the Energon Dinobots into Noise & Graphy...
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 am

UltraPrimal wrote:Man, I'm a little jealous. These guys, even for KO's, look pretty cool. I especially like Dairu. Looks pretty articulated for a G1 cassette.

You should do a gallery of that Headmaster Surprise Giftset next if you're looking to continue with the KOs. At least they're of much better quality than your average knockoff. And I know just where you can get a set. ;)

I've got those too ... just need a reason to bust them out for the galleries. Timing is everything. I decided to move these four galleries to the top of the list because I received Noizu and Gurafi on Saturday, right before I was about to put away Twincast, Soundblaster, Soundwave, Blaster, and all of the cassettes. I decided now was the best time to do them while I had all of those toys out still, who are now all packed away safe and sound and heading back to the storage unit tomorrow.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
How come they're listed here by Romanized names instead of the more transliterated "Noise", "Graphy", "Dial", and "Saur"? :???:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am

Sabrblade wrote:How come they're listed here by Romanized names instead of the more transliterated "Noise", "Graphy", "Dial", and "Saur"? :???:

Because their names are written in plain english on their bio cards and any of the high profile collectors websites that I've been to in the past use these versions of their names as well. I have the four alternate names that you listed (Noise, Graphy, Saur, and Dial) as their secondary names so if someone tries to search for them that way, it will still pull up their galleries.

Example of search by their alternative names: http://www.seibertron.com/toys/index.ph ... mit=Search

And here are some blogs from a couple of high end Transformers collectors:

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:How come they're listed here by Romanized names instead of the more transliterated "Noise", "Graphy", "Dial", and "Saur"? :???:

Because their names are written in plain english on their bio cards and any of the high profile collectors websites that I've been to in the past use these versions of their names as well. I have the four alternate names that you listed (Noise, Graphy, Saur, and Dial) as their secondary names so if someone tries to search for them that way, it will still pull up their galleries.

Example of search by their alternative names: http://www.seibertron.com/toys/index.ph ... mit=Search

And here are some blogs from a couple of high end Transformers collectors:

And despite the fact they may seem "off" and it makes more sense to use the more transliterated names, it's the fact that the standard romanised names appear on the bio cards that makes them the official English names. Don't try to fight it, I did that once.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And despite the fact they may seem "off" and it makes more sense to use the more transliterated names, it's the fact that the standard romanised names appear on the bio cards that makes them the official English names. Don't try to fight it, I did that once.

That and coupled with the fact that to the best of my knowledge there is no official fiction or listings of these characters with the transliterated names which I had never heard of prior to reading those names on tfwiki.net while researching information about these toys when I started their galleries. If someone can show me an official usage of their names like that, then I might be able to be persuaded to flip their name usage on this site.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 am

Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And despite the fact they may seem "off" and it makes more sense to use the more transliterated names, it's the fact that the standard romanised names appear on the bio cards that makes them the official English names. Don't try to fight it, I did that once.

That and coupled with the fact that to the best of my knowledge there is no official fiction or listings of these characters with the transliterated names which I had never heard of prior to reading those names on tfwiki.net while researching information about these toys when I started their galleries. If someone can show me an official usage of their names like that, then I might be able to be persuaded to flip their name usage on this site.
I figure most just take them as a case in which we know what names they're supposed to be, but someone at Takara probably didn't and so only went halfway in the translation process.

Similar things have happened, like how the following toys have had their names misspelled in English:
  • Minerva as "Minelba"
  • Kraken as "Clerken"
  • Dauros as "Dowlos"
  • Cab as "Carb"
  • Alternity Dai Atlas as "Dai Atras" (a recent example)
  • Liokaiser as "Liocaesar"

Eh, at least we know what English names they're trying to be. :)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 am

Sabrblade wrote:Similar things have happened, like how the following toys have had their names misspelled in English:
  • Minerva as "Minelba"
  • Kraken as "Clerken"
  • Dauros as "Dowlos"
  • Cab as "Carb"

Hold that thought while I look up their bio cards. If you must know, it spells "Jaruga" as "Jallguar", based on "Jaga" for Jaguar (Ravage)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:If you must know, it spells "Jaruga" as "Jallguar", based on "Jaga" for Jaguar (Ravage)
I know. TFWiki has decided that there's little reason to no longer ignore the spellings "Jallguar" and "Guyhawk" over the fan spellings of "Jaruga/Jarugar" and "Gaihawk", and so have thus gone with those names.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Similar things have happened, like how the following toys have had their names misspelled in English:
  • Minerva as "Minelba"
  • Kraken as "Clerken"
  • Dauros as "Dowlos"
  • Cab as "Carb"

Hold that thought while I look up their bio cards. If you must know, it spells "Jaruga" as "Jallguar", based on "Jaga" for Jaguar (Ravage)

Some of the examples you mentioned are the more obvious "L" and "R" issues with translation from Japanese to English, which are easy to discern what the correct name should be. The difference with these four dino-cassettes is that their Japanese names are regularly used by collectors and to the best of my knowledge there is no official fiction that uses the names Graphy, Dial, Saur, and Noise. It helps that the Japanese versions of their names are all easy to pronounce. It doesn't help matters that they didn't appear in the cartoon and thus there are no subtitle translations of their names. There are plenty of references to the more acceptable or common English versions of the names you mentioned.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Screamfleet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Mkall wrote:As would I and most people on these boards I would suspect.

I'm many trans fans would buy up reissues of these guys. Getting them to sell would be no problem.
Screamfleet
Pretender
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
generalstratton wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

In this one case, KOtoys were directly responsible. While they were not the factory that made them, the owner of KOtoys donated his original figures to the factory, so they could be reverse engineered. And was involved in the QC process, for the prototype figures to make sure they matched up in appearance as much as possible. As the factory brought the toys to the owner of KOtoys during each stage of the development for approval. Even the sticker font was changed, after one of these meetings. (over the 6 - 10 months of these figures development, their progress was posted on the KOtoys forums, keeping the fans involved as well)

Yes KOtoys was just on online retailer, but through their forums, KOtoys had become very involved with Chinese companies, like CHMS, to try and bring KO fans what we wanted. as well as to bring us exclusives, like the DIY Sideswipe & Hotrod kits.

And for all their problems, it will be along time before some one fill their shoes. In becoming more then just a retailers of knock off toys.

Seibertron,

I commend you for putting up these galleries. The bottom line is almost no one has the original Takara Dino cassettes. With that being said, it makes the KO Dino cassettes a hot item and a must have for G1 collectors. I encourage you to do more galleries of KO’s that were never intended to exist such as CHMS Rainmakers, Sunstorm, Purple Clone, Ghost Coneheads, KOLD Blue Konvoy, X-Transbots Bad Boy and Cobra Power Rat. While the molds might be KO’s the characters are not because they have been deemed unworthy of production by Hasbro. These are the galleries people want to see. Not galleries of stuff that is in Wal-Mart as we speak.

As for KO Toys, I would say that they were unfairly targeted by Hasbro because they made CHMS and KOLD famous. Plenty of other online stores continue to sell these products without threats from Hasbro lawyers. This includes Robot Kingdom, an official site sponsor. So why was only KO Toys targeted and not the others ? Was Mike really that big or was he just really outspoken. Either way, Mike and Kate took one for the team so they are indeed martyrs. But I suspect we haven’t seen the last of them.

A moment of silence for KO Toys…

Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 am

Rated X wrote:Seibertron,

I commend you for putting up these galleries. The bottom line is almost no one has the original Takara Dino cassettes. With that being said, it makes the KO Dino cassettes a hot item and a must have for G1 collectors. I encourage you to do more galleries of KO’s that were never intended to exist such as CHMS Rainmakers, Sunstorm, Purple Clone, Ghost Coneheads, KOLD Blue Konvoy, X-Transbots Bad Boy and Cobra Power Rat. While the molds might be KO’s the characters are not because they have been deemed unworthy of production by Hasbro. These are the galleries people want to see. Not galleries of stuff that is in Wal-Mart as we speak.

And I must commend you on your guts :)

While I'm not against galleries of such KO's for informative purposes, it could come across as condoning them, which will definitely earn us Hasbro's wrath. Several online stores had to actually stop listing such items upon Hasbro's request (read: Cease and Desist Notice), and I'm sure nobody wants to be sued by any large company.

And stop acting like you know the fandom, because you don't.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A 0224IM255 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #1 2nd ptg IDW Comics 2020 JUN208405 (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 JUN230378 3D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 302A 1023IM317 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON