This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor BigBadToyStore dropped by let us know they have listed the pre-order for Takara's MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm. The figure features the coronation kit and mold modifications from MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0. Priced at $249.99 (price has not been finalized, they're hoping it ends up being a bit lower) and estimated to arrive in August.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:24 am

$250? :lol:

Based on the reception that the announcement of this figure generated on this board, I'm guessing they'll be selling it at half that price by year's end.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Kung Fu Man » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am

Well I think it's safe to presume the "them trying to beat iGear at their own game" argument has gone out the window and hitched a ride to Vegas at this point.
Kung Fu Man
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from Kung Fu Man on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I was looking forward to this. especially with the updated mold, but $250? F**k. That. I'll wait a year or 2 until it drops to $150 or below. I don't even care about the coronation kit, I just want the figure.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby mattwhite924 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:46 am

The Starscream version at $160 was already pushing it. There's no way I would pay $250 for this.
mattwhite924
Minibot

Postby G1 Legacy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Motto: "Aw c'mon Hasbro! What can I say...I've been spoiled by 3rd party."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
#-o D'oh
I wanna preface the following criticism by saying that I enjoyed and followed the DreamWave comics storyline several years ago when they were attempting to fleshout this charater and I was very frustrated that they were never able to wrap up and resolve that storyline before going bankrupt or whatever it was that caused them to go belly up.
But that being said, I'm not too impressed with this figure. First off the paint apps are a little distracting. Why is the bottom half of the figure a lighter shade of orange (praticly yellow) as opposed to the top portion? Thats not how he was portrayed in the comics (and lets face it, his comic appearance seems to be the most we have to go on thus far). I've yet to see a paint job that accuratly captures his metallic orange hugh in any official figure. The Botcon exclusive Hero's of Cybertron PVC figure is closer to it than this thing and thats sad. I've also seen customs that look better than this and more comic accurate.

Second, why does he include the cape and crown of Starscream's coronation? I mean yeah I get it, I know he's a repaint and all, but so are the other Seekers and they don't all come with the same gear. I mean the MP Skywarp add on crown/cape was funny a few years ago but that still doesn't seem to justify this. And yes, I'm aware that Sunstorm is a genetic clone of Screamer storyline wise and all but he certainly didn't mimic Starscreams behavior in his portrayal in the comics. He had more of an ordained mesianic napolean syndrom (with a kick ass light show for added measure) as opposed to Starscreams limited sociopathic tendancies and shallow grabs for power. So the addition of the cape and crown seem somehow out of place to me. Why couldn't they come up with a new unique gimmick to compliment Sunstorm.

And third, the price...ouch. This hobby is getting harder and harder to absorb in these financial times. I mean yeah I can afford it but I would feel like an idiot for spending that kind of cabbage on this as opposed to waiting for something more original and fun to come down the pipeline.

*And I bet that it's being produced in a more limited number than the Starscream version (El Duque?) making this the rarer of the two, hence the price. Seems like a blatant moneygrab, but then again, you could say that about this hobby as a whole these days lol.

I don't know thats just my take, I have no doubt that there are those of you that'll disagree.
Meh, it's a pass for me.
G1 Legacy
G1 Legacy
Minibot
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby sky_fire12 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:49 pm

While i agree with everyone here about the price being ridiculous compared to MP-11, don't think these things get cheaper in the long run, when such toys get old they become rare and even more expensive.
sky_fire12
Mini-Con

Postby zappatton2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:01 pm

I'll save my $$ for a new mold, Sideswipe, hopefully Soundwave. I haven't really seen a close-up of the new Sunstorm/Starscream face, but from afar it seems to have a slight Planet of the Apes quality.
zappatton2
Micromaster

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
G1 Legacy wrote:*And I bet that it's being produced in a more limited number than the Starscream version (El Duque?) making this the rarer of the two, hence the price. Seems like a blatant moneygrab, but then again, you could say that about this hobby as a whole these days lol.

Yes, this one is "limited" though I don't recall the actual production numbers. Lower than the general release MP-11 though.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby AutobotMR2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Motto: "That sound you hear is the roar of a Mach 5 engine speeding your way!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
GOODGODALMIGHTYINHEAVEN!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: Even if it is a "limited" run....i'll keep my $$ thank you. >:oP
Looking to acquire a complete set of the G1 Insecticons (Bombshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel). They dont have to be MISB, have the cards. The TRU re-issues are fine too. The only person that can verify my buying status is CounterPunch as he is the only person I have purchased from.
AutobotMR2
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
AAAAAAHHH no. >:oP
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
lol, good thing I don't care about Sunstorm, because that price is ridiculous.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Vicalliose » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
It would actually be nice if there was a feasible US release. But no, I have my doubts that Hasbro will even try seeing as we haven't heard jack about a US release of MP-10.
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Court Jester » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:05 pm

The price has my "sleeper hit" sense tingling.

What if it comes with a throne and scepter? Why not - a preorder doesn't cost anything... until Aug.

>:oP
Court Jester

Postby prowl123 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Will not be getting this. Make a new masterpiece for god's sake. There's only, like, four molds and like 20 masterpiece figures. Not cool.
~prowl123~

Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
prowl123
Brainmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
While I know the price includes the e-Hobby mark-up and the expenses BBTS has to go through to get them from e-Hobby, the price is just too much for what it is.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Grahf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Motto: "The only cure for stupidity is death."
As much as I love this character, this is just too much. It will be easier to track down one of the Wal Mart MP Skywarps and paint it myself.
Sometimes, just checking one more store isn't worth it

Maynard James Keenan wrote:Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
Grahf
Headmaster
Buy from Grahf on eBay

Postby jamiko » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:15 pm

More awesomeness I will NEVER own.
jamiko
Micromaster

Postby Fortress_Maximus » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

What a joke! This is almost as bad as Yamato milking fans on the molds for Macross. PASS.
WANTS:
- Studio 86 Grimlock, Sludge and Slag.
- 2016 Titans Return Powermaster Prime.
- 2011 WFC Darkside Optimus Prime Takara Japan Tokyo Toy Show exclusive.
- 2008 Classics Takara Tomy Henkei Convoy (C01).
- 2008 Crystal Convoy - Tokyo Toy Show exclusive.
- 2001 RID Super Mach Alert.
PM with pics & prices. Thanks.

SALE ITEMS! http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/fortress-maximus-s-sale-list-and-wanted-items-p159707.php#p159707
Fortress_Maximus
Vehicon

Postby amtm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
Man. I thought $250 was pushing it for MP-10, but for Sunstorm it's just crazy. I'd like a Starscream, but I'm still hesitant to pay $160 for it.
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
One thing that wasn't mentioned in the news post was that this is just a preliminary preorder and the price is subject to change as they are waiting final pricing confirmation. It's very possible that the price could go down.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Rated X » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
$250 ??????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want some of whatever theyre smoking !!!
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Blurrz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Production run is 1k, as sources tell me. Hence the rather hefty tag. I'll take MP-10 over this so...
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby President-prime » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm

This is one of the few figures I actually would like to get. But again, not sure why theses masterpieces are all of a suddent went up past the hundreds. I remember the first few masterpieces, optimus, starscream, ultra Magnus. They were on about 80 bucks. What happened?
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON