This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images

Postby El Duque » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Look what just arrived at the Robotkingdom warehouse! Takara's Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 through AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0. Check out all the in-package images from their facebook page below. These should start shipping on March 31st!

• AM-01 Optimus Prime
  • AM-02 Bumblebee
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper
  • AM-04 Ratchet
  • AM-05 Megatron
  • AM-06 Skywarp

These images give us a good look at the Arms Micron figures, which as previously reported do come on sprues requiring assembly, and the stickers sheets.

MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 - all Robotkingdom orders will come with the commemorative coin.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images

Postby RX93 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Seems like we are required to put on the stickers for the Deluxe robots ourselves too!? Kidding here!?
RX93
Mini-Con

Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images

Postby Mkall » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Anyone else think Takara's taking the cheap route out with the build-your-own-minicon approach?

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby grimdragon2001 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
i can see customizers and model kit fans enjoying these figures, the stickers approch gives those whod prefer to paint the figures to match thier ideal looks a chance to do so without having to remove what on already.

as for the minicons, come on hasbro, blindbag and put these things out individually
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Referring to the artwork on the front of Ratchet's packaging: does he have a double right forearm? It doesn't look quite right.

And how naked does he look without the stickers? I agree with what grimdragon2001 says about giving customizers the option to do the figures right, but when you're paying premium for these Takara versions I'd like it to be right straight out of the box.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby NamelessOne » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:25 am

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
So, Takara aren't even taking the chance of letting the customer even SEE what they're buying before they've bought it!!!!

:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
NamelessOne
Minibot
Speed: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby freaky777 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:55 am

Woo.. can't wait for this weekend, since I pre-ordered all 6 of them, gonna not use the stickers though. And I kinda gotten over the 'craters'.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby CrimsonPrime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 am

I literally "WTF!?" when I read this news...Are you kidding me!? Here's some thing to prove Takara is getting dumber :-

1) Box packaging - Seriously we cant even see what we buy!? I mean I know you can ask the store employee to open it but it will just be annoying for them and for us to have them open it up for each of the deluxes -.-...

2) Minicon building - Wow serious!? Now we even need to start building our own TF(s)? I am utterly speechless...

3) Stickers - We even need to put the stickers ourself!? Wanna know why I rarely buy gundams? Because I hate putting stickers. If you mess up just a tidbit it would look horrible on the figure -_-...

4) Overprice - So we pay for this figures with alot of money and let's see what we have to put up. Cant see the figure,we have to build the minicon ourselves and finally we need to apply stickers!?

Well it's official people. Takara is finally getting dumber than Hasbro. I totally didnt expect this to happen so soon...

PS : R.I.P Takara. You had your good moments. We will miss ya.
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:18 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Wakarimasen...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Samsonator » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
The model builder in me is slightly intrigued by these, but to be honest, the sheer price of importing these figures makes it not really hobby material for someone like me who's barely making it paycheque to paycheque.
That said, all the official images still make these stickers look like crap.

I'm also really not liking how the characters' individual weapons available in the Hasbro releases are seemingly absent from these releases in favour of Microns who transform into something vaguely resembling the character's onscreen weapon. This poses problems especially for the types who dual wield.
Take Ratchet, for example. US Figure comes with two blade weapons, Japanese comes with one, granted that one is also a Micron, but if you want to have him with two blades, you either need to buy a second one, or wait to see if these things eventually do get a Micron Booster or similar release.

Takara, I'm all for a company taking a property they've been dealing with for many years and doing something different with it, but this whole thing just screams bad idea to me. I hardly think this is a move that's going to spell downfall for either the brand, or the company, but I just hope they get through this quickly so we can all forget about it, and move on.
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby freaky777 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:05 am

BTW if you go to their facebook page you can see the rest of them unpacked and the stickers. Since the stickers are also a hot topic. People are discussing about:

1. Stickers
2. Weapons (Not coming with the Hasbro ones)
3. The port holes aka Craters

Even though Im getting all the Takara's ones, I feel that this is a missed opportunity for them too. Microns ftw though.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:59 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I'm a bit torn on the microns being DYI.

On the one hand, I buy so many unassembled figures already(wargames, Lego, Halo megabloks, Kreo), I feel a bit hypocritical for not liking the fact that I need to assemble them.

On the other hand, other than the aforementioned Kreo sets, it's not something I'm used to doing for my Transformers collection, so I fell like it's something that should have been done at the factory.

As for the sticker, IF I ever end up buying this Skywarp, he's ending up on the painting table between whatever batches of Skaven I'm working on at that time.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby xyl360 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 am

I kinda like the boxes and the idea of the stickers. That stuff really reminds me of G1, and I think that's what Takara was shooting for here.

As for having to assemble the microns, it's not a deal breaker for me. They look quite simple so it should be on par with building Fansproject's Superion armor to put it in combined mode (which was quite easy).
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby noodles2go » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 am

Call me an oddball, but I'm actually quite jealous of the Takara versions. My only complaint would have to be the sticker apps and that Megs is a deluxe... hopefully our Eastern brethren will get a proper voyager. That said, I LOVE the arms microns way better than the crap powerizer weapons our voyagers are getting (save for voyager Megs), and they are better alternatives to some of the weapons our deluxes got, such as Cliffjumper's engine gun/hammer. Bumblebee's and Rachet's look great to me even though they only come with one. And I actually love the idea of building my own toy... It'd be great if Hasbro released these later as a group or something.
noodles2go
Minibot

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has provided another pictorial update on MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0. These images give us a look at the latest Masterpiece figure freed from his cardboard prison, and show off his new coronation set and mold modifications. Check out the images mirrored below, the figure is scheduled to start shipping on the 31st!

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby sky_fire12 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Seems somewhat different than what we saw in earlier pictures. I'm pretty sure the face wasn't this dark. Just comes to show you cant trust photo editing. Im also very disappointed to see there's no stand included for jet mode, lets hope some 3rd party company can step in and make that happen.
sky_fire12
Mini-Con

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm liking all the little differences between this and the first version in addition to the cape and crown. I never used the stand myself, but I guess it's too bad it's missing. Ditto the more realistic missiles.

Still, all I have right now is the green version. The G1 colored version of that was just never different enough for me to go out and buy ... in that respect the iGear one was tempting. But this one is even moreso.

I wonder how this compares to their first prototype. The prototype for this version showed all new sculpted parts on an existing toy, so they must be different.

edit: for your consideration ... MP Starscream version 1:

http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/figureking/fk100-3.jpg
http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5983

So it looks like it's mostly just the first version. Except for, maybe, the feet. Even the null rays look like they were from version 1 Starscream.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby necr0blivion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Great comparision pics between the original MP Screamer and the "New Leader". It's fun looking for all the little tweaks made for the new version, but I'm so glad we're finally getting a new pilot. I'm not too pleased with how the dome of his crown turned out, but I'm looking forward to getting this set in-hand.
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Kibble » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
MP-11 looks really good. Too bad it's not still available through amiami or I probably woulda bit at their 9530 JPY price...or maybe it's a good thing it wasn't available. Guess I'll have to wait for a BBTS sale or US release. It's just too bad they didn't do it this way the first time around...

Also curious if there's been any improvement to the wing hinge. Those pieces were too damn fragile on the other versions.

Also pt II why is Sunstorm cheaper than Starscream on yahobby.com? Weird...
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
WTF I thought the stickers where only for the Microns?!

Other than that and the lack of weapons I like everything about these, the packaging is awesome.

I may pick up some of the Micron boosters if they are also unassembled.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Definately looks like an improvement over the original MP figure. I'm sorely tempted by the glory of Starscream. :CON: :BOWDOWN: :CON:
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby ZenPrime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Is it me or does MP Starscream 2.0 look grayish in those photos?
ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Postby Blurrz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Stickers were the status quo 25 years ago. Funny how the times change.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Rated X » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Thats cool but not $150 cool...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
ZenPrime wrote:Is it me or does MP Starscream 2.0 look grayish in those photos?

A little bit, yeah. He was never supposed to be white, the G1 toy is a very light grey.

I'm really impressed. So much that I wish I didn't already have MP-03 so I could justify getting this one. The remold is much more extensive than I expected. Interesting how they executed the null-ray attachment. I like the 'holographic pilot' too. I do miss the realistic missiles and the stand, but I feel the extras it does come with are nice. Perhaps the finish looks a little cheap compared to original versions of the mold, but that's a minor nitpick.

*sigh* One more MP I can't afford.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr T DC Image Comics 2022 AUG228427 1T (CA) McFarlane"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 NOV220221 16B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230224 22B (CA) Glapion"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #263 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 NOV228105 263C (CA) Alexander"
SAVAGE DRAGON #263 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124C"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802B (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #20 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230234 20A (CA) Spears (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #20 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2021 JUN218205 1G (CA) Cates (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #17 Cvr B Image Comics FEB230243 17B (CA) Tomaselli (W)Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #17 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM382 25B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #335 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 AUG220231 335A (W) McConville (CA) Toledano"
SPAWN #335 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #17 Cvr A Image Comics FEB230242 17A (CA) Brooks (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #17 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM447 23B (CA) Tomaselli (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #352 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM314 352A (CA) Barberi (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #352 Cvr A I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON