This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Third-Party Megatron #3?

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Third-Party Megatron #3?

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
It looks like third-party companies are trying to make 2012 the year of Megatron. The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have posted a teaser image of what appears to be yet another third-party G1 style Megatron. The figure is only shown in alt mode, but it's definitely not ToyWorld's Hegemon nor does it match up with the renders of the recently revealed BoldToys figure. Take a look below.

Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group wrote:PAST, we had no choice, NOW we got THREE !!

For comparison here are the other two contenders, ToyWorld's Hegemon and the recently revealed BoldToys figure.

Hegemon

BoldToys
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Third-Party Megatron #3?

Postby Mkall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
%$#! not another one... Oh well I've already dropped money on Hegemon, so these others are immaterial

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
This one has the best alt mode i think
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Kibble » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Megatron Wolf wrote:This one has the best alt mode i think

Agreed. Now they need to reveal bot mode and size...cheaper would be a nice bonus, too.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Optimus1116 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Motto: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Hopefully this one will have knee joints :lol: But there is no contest, Hegemon is the winner... unless this one somehow has thick legs and is slightly smaller or bigger than Hegemon... Only time will tell. >:oP
Optimus1116
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Alt. mode is very nice, but it's always been a secondary consideration for me. While I appreaciate the accuracy to a real life alt. mode, it shouldn't compromise the bot mode as it usually does for gun Megatron.

We'll see how it looks. I think Hegemon will wind up being the best (and no, I haven't preordered him).
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Kibble » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Optimus1116 wrote:Hopefully this one will have knee joints :lol: But there is no contest, Hegemon is the winner... unless this one somehow has thick legs and is slightly smaller or bigger than Hegemon... Only time will tell. >:oP

Only if we're assuming the bot mode is compromised here...because honestly, Pokemon's alt mode is half-assed, and the stock extension isn't even that...it flat out sucks. But I'd rather have a compromised alt mode than bot mode for this fig, I suppose, so Pokemon does have that going for him.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Optimus1116 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Motto: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
@Kibble, True that... And it would be funny if MP Megatron 2.0 and Horror Monarch came out in the year of the Megatron too :lol: :lol: I can dream a little, can't I? :-(
Optimus1116
Micromaster

Postby necr0blivion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
It has the Decepticon insignia on it, so maybe it's Takara's "3rd party" release...

If it's supposed to fit in with Classics scale, then I think it's too late to try to release it. If it's the new MP scale, I might be interested.
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby necr0blivion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Optimus1116 wrote:@Kibble, True that... And it would be funny if MP Megatron 2.0 and Horror Monarch came out in the year of the Megatron too :lol: :lol: I can dream a little, can't I? :-(

Add leader class DOTM Megatron to that wish list, please!
necr0blivion
Gestalt

Postby megatronus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
That gun mode looks way to nice to allow for a good robot mode.

But hey, here's to hoping. :HEADHURTS:

Until we have size comparison/bot mode reveal, I'm in the Hegemon camp all the way.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby combiner711 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 am

Motto: ""I have gone through the past, have planned the future and living the present""
Ok! this is good so many 3rd party Megatron are coming out but it will be better if they compete too on the prices which one can give fans the best offer.
combiner711
Minibot
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:17 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
You f**king f**ks, 4 different 3rd party gun Megatrons, and we still don't have one that looks like idw's pre-earth Megatron.
Bloody hell.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Banjo-Tron » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:27 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
well, Hegemon is looking worse by the second. I suppose we need to see the 'bot mode of the others to be conclusive, though. :-B
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby noctorro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 am

Mein gott,

Why? Please make a G1 voyager sized OPTIMUS PRIME to match.
There was a G1 Optimus Prime with Ultra Magnus armor in 3d renders a few months ago. Never heard from since, that looked promising.

More Megatrons isn't that bad, now I'll have the perfect voyager sized Megz.

Pre Earth Megatron? Transforms into exactly what? (sorry I'm a g1 cartoon fan, didn't get the comics)
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:52 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
noctorro wrote:Mein gott,

Why? Please make a G1 voyager sized OPTIMUS PRIME to match.
There was a G1 Optimus Prime with Ultra Magnus armor in 3d renders a few months ago. Never heard from since, that looked promising.

More Megatrons isn't that bad, now I'll have the perfect voyager sized Megz.

Pre Earth Megatron? Transforms into exactly what? (sorry I'm a g1 cartoon fan, didn't get the comics)

Tank, and man does the design look badass:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Megatrong1idwpreearth.jpg

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Decepticon Spike » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
I think I'll wait until I see the bot mode before deciding.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby metaphorge » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 am

Motto: "Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!"
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Dead Metal wrote:You f**king f**ks, 4 different 3rd party gun Megatrons, and we still don't have one that looks like idw's pre-earth Megatron.
Bloody hell.
Actually there have been five, including two semiTargetmasters: one from TFC, one from Mastershooter. But hey, who's counting?
Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!
metaphorge
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7

Postby Requiem Prime » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Dead Metal wrote:Tank, and man does the design look badass:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Megatrong1idwpreearth.jpg

Actually, depending on his exact alt-mode, Maketoys wouldn't have to go far from their take on the Fallen.

metaphorge wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:You f**king f**ks, 4 different 3rd party gun Megatrons, and we still don't have one that looks like idw's pre-earth Megatron.
Bloody hell.
Actually there have been five, including two semiTargetmasters: one from TFC, one from Mastershooter. But hey, who's counting?
Oh yeah, I forgot about those two. That scale is good for his "size changing" so becoming a gun at his size is less silly. IMO, both were surpassed by the Generations version that went the same route Hegemon is going.

Still, I do think these 3rd Party duels are starting to get silly. If nothing else, their quasi-competing may drive them to make their best possible and be unique so it stands out.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:29 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
And the winner of the 3rd party company that gets my money for Megatron is.....NO ONE!! :roll:

Bloody hell.

Now that is a Megatron figure I would by in a heartbeat and place into my Neo g1 collection. Just make him Voyager and we are set!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Speed: 8

Postby craggy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Prime Evil wrote:And the winner of the 3rd party company that gets my money for Megatron is.....NO ONE!! :roll:

Bloody hell.

Now that is a Megatron figure I would by in a heartbeat and place into my Neo g1 collection. Just make him Voyager and we are set!

Aye! Especially if we got an Origins coloured one with the yellow/black construction trim.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby alternator77 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
unless takara does a serious revamp of masterpiece megs like they did with prime mp-5 will be the only megs i need and united megatron because his paint job rocks and im ok with the wings on his back.i just pretend they dissapear when he takes flight as thats the only way i could ever justify a flying gun in the cartoon 8-}

dont get me wrong they look good but theyre a pass at least for me.

and not a rant but a 3d render with no hard prototype is not a prototype its just a render and you can make a render look as good as you want, just saying >:oP
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
megatronus wrote:That gun mode looks way to nice to allow for a good robot mode.

But hey, here's to hoping. :HEADHURTS:

I was thinking the same thing. It almost looked like the G1 at first glance, until I saw the different panel lines. But who knows, maybe it'll turn out well!

alternator77 wrote:and not a rant but a 3d render with no hard prototype is not a prototype its just a render and you can make a render look as good as you want, just saying >:oP

The one in the news story appears to be a physical object. The other two have also already been revealed in prototype form, IIRC.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Maquese » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Honestly, given some of the lines on it, it looks to me like a scaled down, and somewhat simplified, version of MP Megatron.
Maquese
Mini-Con

How many 3rd Party Megatrons do we need? How about just one more.

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Posted on Singapore Transformers Fans Unite Facebook page are three images of yet ANOTHER G1 styled Megatron. Yes, another one. This appears to be a finished prototype, in box, that does not maintain a slavish dedication to the G1 aesthetic. This Meg's seem to sport a modern Glock 40 with supressor and laser sight that combine to form the iconic fusion cannon. The credit for this guy seems to be leaning towards a previously unheard of toy maker Bingyan Works. Check out the images below and click here to view S.T.F.U. Facebook page.

GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Courage: Infinity

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YARD GUARD Transformers BotBots Series 5 Wilderness Troop lawn mower 2020"
YARD GUARD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNILLA ICEQUEENCONE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks Vanilla Sundae"
UNILLA ICEQUEENCON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CALAMITY KEYS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob 2019 Piano"
CALAMITY KEYS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWEET CHEAT Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades PB chocolate bar 2019"
SWEET CHEAT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET SETTER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers passport Hasbro 2020"
JET SETTER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRIKE FOUR Transformers BotBots Series 3 LOST BOTS Baseball Bat Hasbro 2019"
STRIKE FOUR Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPECIAL OPTICS Transformers BotBots Series 5 Science Alliance microscope 2020"
SPECIAL OPTICS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURRITO FAVORITO Transformers BotBots Series 4 Los Deliciosos Hasbro 2020"
BURRITO FAVORITO T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAZERBOLT Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Combiner Hasbro 2014 New"
LAZERBOLT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAMCON Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays video tape camera 2020"
CAMCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING TOOTS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 Hasbro Toilet Paper"
KING TOOTS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIZZY BONES Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 maraca"
DIZZY BONES Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRETZEL Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
BRETZEL Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON