This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In Hand Images of Transformers Prime AM -01 Optimus Prime, AM-04 Ratchet and AM - 06 Skywarp

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In Hand Images of Transformers Prime AM -01 Optimus Prime, AM-04 Ratchet and AM - 06 Skywarp

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Some nice in-hand images of a trio of new TakaraTomy Arms Micron figures have surfaced recently. These three independent galleries have been posted detailing AM-01 Optimus Prime AM-04 Ratchet and AM-06 Skywarp. Check out the images below and click any image for the complete gallery.

AM-01 Optimus Prime

AM-04 Ratchet

AM-06 Skywarp

To view Alfes 2010 Optimus and Ratchet galleries click here.
To view whkvictor's Skywarp gallery click here.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Prime AM -01 Optimus Prime, AM-04 Ratchet and AM - 06 Skywarp

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
Ratchet looks like an autorooper
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Prime AM -01 Optimus Prime, AM-04 Ratchet and AM - 06 Skywarp

Postby WolfDawg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:17 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Looking at Ratchet...Wow...just wow....

Having to apply THAT many stickers on the poor guy to accomplish a (lazy) paint job that's similar to Hasbro's attempt is just unforgivable. For the first time as a collector, I can say that I feel sorry for Japanese collectors. It's like Takara doesn't even give a **** about the Prime line AT ALL. Not even the semi decent Microns can make up for this amount of laziness.

I guess the only positive thing to say is that Skywarp at least looks passable...

Man, for once I'm proud to say that I'm an American collector.
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 1
Skill: 5

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:19 am

Wow. It's like a kitbasher's fondest dream. Bots with no paint apps. Actually a cool look with it all white. Might want to pick one up for an Autrooper. LOL. :-?
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Crosscheck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 am

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Wow, when I heard the Takara Prime figures were going to take stickers, I didn't think essentially ALL paint details were going to be stickers? We didn't even have this in G1. This isn't so much Hasbro FTW as it is Takara for EPIC FAIL. Sorry, I don't pay money for prototypes, when they release painted versions, let me know. Also, the holes they punched all over the figures look awful. Takara can't survive without a gimmick the figures, can they?

Here is the thing about the kitbashing, a miniscule fraction of fans are kitbashers, a figure being tailormade to do-it-yourself should be a no-sale for the vast majority of people.

Now, if you take the Takara stickers and put them on a Hasbro figure, you might get a pretty close to complete figure. Of course, I will just get Reprolabels to do that, with better color-matching.
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby paul053 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am

Ratchet is a joke. For all the stickers, he is still lacking colors than the already lacking colored Hasbro Ratchet. And all those ports on the vehicle mode makes the figure even worse (same thing as Prime). The Micro is a joke even with those ridiculous stickers. Glad Hasbro didn't go this route. And how much does it cost?
paul053
Godmaster
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby metaphorge » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 am

Motto: "Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!"
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
It's amazing how much better that darker shade of blue looks on Optimus. It was true of the First Edition, and its true here. Not sure the Micron is sufficient motivation to want to pick one of these up, though, since I have the Takara First Edition and $60 is $60....

I super dig Albino Freak Ratchet's Micron, but....

Feh. Fail. Wake me up when Knock Out and Breakdown have been released.
Last edited by metaphorge on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!
metaphorge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Erailea » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 am

I prefer Hasbro's Ratchet...

I don't dig the sticker idea at all. If G1 toys are notorious for missing and damaged stickers, what's stopping these sticker-needing guys from the same problem in the future? I didn't like them with the one Kre-o figure I bought, so I definitely don't like them here. Didn't enjoy applying them in the least.

I do think it's kind of funny that Takara took the extra step of giving Ratchet the heart monitor on his arm, but they have (most of) it on the wrong side. Lol. I understand why - the outer part of his arm is filled with that wheel and cramming it in would be uncomfortable/cramped - but it's still a little weird, especially since it got all broken up in robot mode. It does add a nice touch in truck mode though. Can't have the best of both worlds I suppose.
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Wow, I almost feel bad for Ratchet seeing as that he is completely bare....... On the other hand Skywarp looks pretty badass.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby metaphorge » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Motto: "Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!"
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Skywarp is the sole clear winner here. I will be buying him and Megatron so all my Autobots can cower before their Merged Micron Drill Cannon Death Action!

...ahem....
Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!
metaphorge
Targetmaster
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wow, so what do we learn from these pics?

the new minicon ports are just extra pieces that are attached to the toys, and look removable (probably glued on though) and that Hasbro's paint is the clear winner this time round.

Seriously, is that right? I mean look at Ratchet, all those stickers and the seriously lacking Hasbro version still has more and better apps? 8-}

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Requiem Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Wow, just wow.

When they said stickers I thought Prime would be the standard. Nice paints, but needed stickers to cover the accents. Ratchet... :shock: As many have said, he'd make a good autotrooper. Perhaps some 3rd party will take pity, and in conjuction with with Reprolabels a new head and decals will breath some life into him. Seriously it's his only hope. Even the sword minion isn't worth it in my eyes.
Skywarp on the other hand looks fine and his bull minion is cool. Isn't if funny that the Decepticons come out of the box looking fine, and get the better minons. I think the animals make better weapons because they require less compromise to make some sort of critter work and vice versa.

I knew the minions were going to require some compromise. That's the deal with any TF gimmick. But to have no paints at all? Why didn't they just make it a separate line of kits? I could see Hasbro being lazy and trying to shoehorn them in, but Japan already has this EXACT concept with those gum figures.

Hasbro, if you make the minions, launch them as a separate deal like Cyberverse. It'll cover the limited weapon options that come with the figures.
Last edited by Requiem Prime on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Shocking how plain they look out of the box. I would consider Skywarp for a good price, but the rest are definite no-buys. I will wait for Reprolabels to improve the already superior Hasbro versions.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby bvzxa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Stickers aren't a bad thing. It would be a first where it is required, but the stickers do look of high quality. Similar to stickers that come with HG/MG Gundam model kits.

However for Transformers, and the perspective price points it is a mixed bag.

Ratchet has an extra clear window on each side that the Hasbro version does not. There are a few differences that if you switched them around you would have the perfect ratchet. The holes aren't bad either. The thing that is weird is the beige ports balance out the just plain whiteness.

To me this is a no-brainer. Ratchet for the US is definitely cheaper and regardless of how many waves he appears in, he will be sought after because of what Takara presented. If you are a Takara fan and like what they did, then buy that one for a higher unjustifiable price.

On the real Hasbro's is better because it doesn't need the gimmick.

Looks like FE prices are gonna skyrocket. So what's gonna happen with Arcee and the rest of the deluxes.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Requiem Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
bvzxa wrote:Ratchet has an extra clear window on each side that the Hasbro version does not.

I don't think those are clear.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Courage: 9

Postby Spunky » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

They could of at least painted Ratchets one silver and gave the sword edge a brighter silver, but no a dull grey and slap on stickers....yay
Spunky
Mini-Con

Postby freaky777 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:21 pm

I got all 6 of them and while Ratchet and BB is the most bare, I think it is okay. I'm gonna try to put on the stickers. BB without his black or Ratchet without his red is really not them..

The price variations for this over at SG is just SGD$2 more than the Hasbro one, that is like USD$2.60. (Our Hasbro figures are way more expensive over here compared to the US.) So I guess for me it's cool though I would really have wished that Takara at least painted the main areas. I just hope that the stickers stayed on and that I do not screw up the application of it...

The ports are not really that bad after all, they've done is pretty well IMO for Megatron and Skywrap. Autobots are okay but not as bad as I thought.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby craggy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:37 pm

SGD$?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
craggy wrote:SGD$?

Singapore dollar
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby MGrotusque » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

I like stickers.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Doubledealer93 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
just realized something........these are bad. those ports are just an eye sore and the stcikers are not even that good.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENTER THE HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER Boom Comics 2021 FCBD APR210003 (CA) Dell'Edera"
ENTER THE HOUSE OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #2 Cvr G unlockable Boom Comics 2021 SEP210776 2G (CA) Shehan"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #51 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 SEP220088 51B (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #55 Cvr E Image Comics 2023 NOV220293 55E (CA) Adams"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #87 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM330 87C (CA) Wu"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #63 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230206 63A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ICE CREAM MAN #37 Cvr C Walking Dead Image Comics 0823IM393 37C (CA) Morazzo"
ICE CREAM MAN #37 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2021 SEP210773 2D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #32 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 DEC210345 32C (CA) Del Mundo"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #55 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 NOV220291 55C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #3 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2021 MAY210876 3H (CA)Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #12 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 FEB210219 12A (CA) Finch +McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #83 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1223IM333 83C (CA) Santolouco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #5 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2021 JUL210981 5G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON