Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:02 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
We can only hope that at least Grimlock is a Voyager, but I fear they'll all be Deluxes due to Hasbro's strict "All Generations are Deluxes only" rule. :-|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32832
News Credits: 328
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Rated X » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:42 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Nice, but Im more interested in the possibility of figures. I dont do video games.
Rated X
Banned
Posts: 8420
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:I dont do video games.
I don't really either. but I still wanted to know what went on in the story of WFC. So, what I did was, instead of playing the game myself, I watched a complete walkthrough of the story mode gameplay on YouTube, in which I got the full feel the game's plot, characters, levels, and events; all without having to play it on my own (I probably wouldn't have been any good at it anyway, since I'm beyond terrible at shooter games :oops: ).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32832
News Credits: 328
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby VectaSigma » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 am

Motto: "Death before dishonor."
Weapon: Twin Ion Impulse Blaster
For scale purposes, am I the only one that finds the best size for Grimlock and Sludge to be one size larger than voyager class?
VectaSigma
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:14 am
Alt Mode: Jeep
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:50 am

VectaSigma wrote:For scale purposes, am I the only one that finds the best size for Grimlock and Sludge to be one size larger than voyager class?


You mean Ultra class? That would look cool but I think they would be far to big.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1437
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby VectaSigma » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:56 am

Motto: "Death before dishonor."
Weapon: Twin Ion Impulse Blaster
Trikeboy wrote:
VectaSigma wrote:For scale purposes, am I the only one that finds the best size for Grimlock and Sludge to be one size larger than voyager class?


You mean Ultra class? That would look cool but I think they would be far to big.


Yeah, you're right. Voyager class FOC Dinobots would look rather perfect next to TFC Hercules! That should make for some intriguing diorama *crosses fingers for a release* C'mon Hasbro, design a Lightning Strike Coalition!!
VectaSigma
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:14 am
Alt Mode: Jeep
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
VectaSigma wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
VectaSigma wrote:For scale purposes, am I the only one that finds the best size for Grimlock and Sludge to be one size larger than voyager class?


You mean Ultra class? That would look cool but I think they would be far to big.


Yeah, you're right. Voyager class FOC Dinobots would look rather perfect next to TFC Hercules! That should make for some intriguing diorama *crosses fingers for a release* C'mon Hasbro, design a Lightning Strike Coalition!!
Thing is, like I said, Hasbro is strict about making all Generations figures be Deluxe class only. Remember how we felt that Onslaught would have worked better as a Voyager to make a better proportioned Bruticus? Well, look what size he is. :-|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32832
News Credits: 328
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby El Duque » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Following yesterday's Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Sludge reveal, the official Transformers Game facebook page is now giving as a look at Snarl! Check out the awesome concept art below. Transformers: Fall of Cyberton will be in stores on August 28th, 2012!

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9759
News Credits: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am

Sabrblade wrote:
VectaSigma wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
VectaSigma wrote:For scale purposes, am I the only one that finds the best size for Grimlock and Sludge to be one size larger than voyager class?


You mean Ultra class? That would look cool but I think they would be far to big.


Yeah, you're right. Voyager class FOC Dinobots would look rather perfect next to TFC Hercules! That should make for some intriguing diorama *crosses fingers for a release* C'mon Hasbro, design a Lightning Strike Coalition!!
Thing is, like I said, Hasbro is strict about making all Generations figures be Deluxe class only. Remember how we felt that Onslaught would have worked better as a Voyager to make a better proportioned Bruticus? Well, look what size he is. :-|


I know, it's like I posted earlier:

However, what is obvious to us seems to not be obvious to Hasbro and we will most likely get them in the new tiny Deluxe scale that is becoming the norm.


To all of the fans, a voyager sized Onslaught makes sense, Hasbro just don't seem so see it.

Edit for the Snarl reveal:
Dude I think I just filled the cup. Snarl looks amazing. He is the only Dinobot I had as a kid and I love this. I want a Snarl toy more than ever now.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1437
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Dorkimus » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am

Yeah, they look cool alright, but where did you get the info that hastak would actually ever do toy versions of these guys. Maybe they will, but I really wouldn't hold my breath to wait that. There is a really small change that they will come in 2013 like the voyager class Starscream/seekers, but so far we haven't seen any pictures or got any info. Or have I missed something important? So isn't it a bit early to debate what size they might be (or will be, as some suggets). Don't you think ;)
User avatar
Dorkimus
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dorkimus wrote:There is a really small change that they will come in 2013 like the voyager class Starscream/seekers,
That Starscream will be a Deluxe, not a Voyager.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32832
News Credits: 328
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby VectaSigma » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 am

Motto: "Death before dishonor."
Weapon: Twin Ion Impulse Blaster
Okay...after seeing that robot form of Snarl I am completely sold. He looks uttlerly bad-ass! Can I say that here? And yes @Trikeboy, FOC Onslaught being voyager class would have resolved so much for this newly-designed Bruticus. He just looks so awkward being the centerpiece all flimsy.
VectaSigma
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:14 am
Alt Mode: Jeep
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 am

Dorkimus wrote:Yeah, they look cool alright, but where did you get the info that hastak would actually ever do toy versions of these guys. Maybe they will, but I really wouldn't hold my breath to wait that. There is a really small change that they will come in 2013 like the voyager class Starscream/seekers, but so far we haven't seen any pictures or got any info. Or have I missed something important? So isn't it a bit early to debate what size they might be (or will be, as some suggets). Don't you think ;)


It's pure speculation right now. It's what we want to see from Hasbro. I think Grimlock was confirmed, the other 4, nothing so far.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1437
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:50 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
So much awesome!!!!! No way a toy could live up to these designs, no matter what size they are! I cannot wait for this game!
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby ubertenorman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am

Weapon: Double Beam Guns
REALLY hope we get figures of these guys. Even if they're deluxes-they look awesome
Image
User avatar
ubertenorman
Fuzor
Posts: 235
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 pm
Buy from ubertenorman on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby VectaSigma » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 am

Motto: "Death before dishonor."
Weapon: Twin Ion Impulse Blaster
GetRightRobot wrote:So much awesome!!!!! No way a toy could live up to these designs, no matter what size they are! I cannot wait for this game!


I second that. i.e. Take a look at the FOC Slag..his conversion from Triceratops to robot form in particular. There is virtually no feasible approach in designing him. Unless you have a crapload of snap-on/snap-off pieces like the ever-classic G1 Omega Supreme figure. And how humble of you to say, Get Right..honestly, no future dinobot could live up to your masterpiece custom work.
VectaSigma
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:14 am
Alt Mode: Jeep
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
It's so G1-y in it's Transformation and robot mode.

Just a couple of updates/tweaks to both.

I'd love a toy of this. Sad that it is more likely there will not be a toy, as that there will.
User avatar
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9621
News Credits: 1075
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:04 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
VectaSigma wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:So much awesome!!!!! No way a toy could live up to these designs, no matter what size they are! I cannot wait for this game!


I second that. i.e. Take a look at the FOC Slag..his conversion from Triceratops to robot form in particular. There is virtually no feasible approach in designing him. Unless you have a crapload of snap-on/snap-off pieces like the ever-classic G1 Omega Supreme figure. And how humble of you to say, Get Right..honestly, no future dinobot could live up to your masterpiece custom work.



I don't know about that. There are some really talented designers out there. Hasbro/Takara/3rd Party/Customizers. I don't think I've made the end all of Dinobots, but I really appreciate you saying so. :D

I just can't see how these can be translated into great toys. These game designs are what I've imagined for a long time. I love them!
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby UltraPrimal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Yay, Snarl! He was my favourite Dinobot in G1.
Image
User avatar
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
Posts: 2259
News Credits: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:21 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 am

Lets face it, this is something Hasbro will know. If they don't make toys of the Dinobots, they will get one upped by a 3rd party. To be honest, I would prefer a 3rd party version because they would probably all be voyager sized.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1437
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 am

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
That. Is. Epic beyond words. I'm loving his robot mode right now.
This is how I rate the dinobots
1) Grimlock
2) Snarl
3) Slag
4) Swoop
5) Sludge
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
User avatar
MasterSoundBlaster
Godmaster
Posts: 1535
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Let's just say I can see Russia from my house
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:39 am

Trikeboy wrote:To be honest, I would prefer a 3rd party version because they would probably all be voyager sized.


Voyager sized 3rd-party versions would cost about $100 each. Maybe that's OK for you, but a lot of us can't afford that. I'd rather have Hasbro Deluxes for $12/each.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4722
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Smokescreen85 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:40 am

Motto: ""A look can be deceiving; a touch can be lethal.""
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Snarl looks awesome! However, has anyone else noticed that while the facebook page names Sludge and Swoop, they don't specifically name Snarl and Slag. I wonder if there will be a name change there considering the word Slag is frowned upon in some places.
Image
User avatar
Smokescreen85
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2416
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: The Lost Light
Alt Mode: Nissan 370Z
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SmokescreenGT wrote:Snarl looks awesome! However, has anyone else noticed that while the facebook page names Sludge and Swoop, they don't specifically name Snarl and Slag. I wonder if there will be a name change there considering the word Slag is frowned upon in some places.
The Triceratops' name is Slug.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32832
News Credits: 328
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Sludge Revealed!

Postby It Is Him » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 am

Sabrblade wrote:
SmokescreenGT wrote:Snarl looks awesome! However, has anyone else noticed that while the facebook page names Sludge and Swoop, they don't specifically name Snarl and Slag. I wonder if there will be a name change there considering the word Slag is frowned upon in some places.
The Triceratops' name is Slug.


Slug! I like it.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

Image
BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
User avatar
It Is Him
City Commander
Posts: 3263
News Credits: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
Twincast / Podcast #251:
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "New Transformers Gernerations Cyber Battalion Series JETFIRE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRONIAN VILLAINS SHARKTICONS/STEALTH FORCE HOTROD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblee includes Coin US Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Topspin Lowes Nascar w/ Armored Topspin's Guns" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Trypticon Action Figure Decepticon City Hasbro/Takara 1986 Works" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime NIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Shatter Studio Series #40 Transformers Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alchemist Prime Power of the Primes 2017 2" Figure w/ Head MISP" on EBAY