This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items

Postby El Duque » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:00 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Despite the restrictions placed on unofficial products, a few still managed so sneak their way into BotCon this year. Though now pictured below site sponsor TFsource had a fully assembled MakeToys MT-03 Yellow Giant on display. One of the employees was handling it rather roughly to show it's stability in combined mode, and it seemed to take the abuse well with no parts coming lose.

Courtesy of on-line retailer Captured Prey:

First we have MasterMind Creations KM-05 Air Screech.

Next we have the upcoming Hubcap and Thumper head upgrades from Renderform.

The MasterShooter Collectibles Shootermasters in prototype form.

MasterMind Creations KM-03 in Cyclops in color.

More upcoming weapons from Renderform.

Lastly TFC Toys Iron Army upgrade PCC limb set.

Next we have some images from the booth of site sponsor RobotKingdom. They also had their show exclusive Perfect Effect PE-10X Shadow Bat and Dr. Wu's DW-05 Eyesight light pods for sale.

The teaser image for TFC Toys upcoming Superion project, Iron Arm PCC upgrade figures, and Iron Army promo sheet.

PE-DX-01B RC on display and Dr. Wu's DW-TP01 Blade upgrade for Transformers Prime Wheeljack

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items

Postby korisifu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 am

Motto: "Wreck-n-Rule!!"
Weapon: Double Slagmaker Laser
Having missed out on the FansProject Bruticus, the Iron Army version is looking amazing. Can't say I'm a fan of the PCC line but since my son has that model (minus an arm due to dog snacking) I'm totally on board. That's an example of making lemonade out of lemons right there. :KREMZEEK:
korisifu
Minibot
Watch korisifu on YouTube
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Burn » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:38 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Jesus H Christ "Cyclops" looks like he could kill you just by looking at you.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby RhA » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:00 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
It's like Shockwave with a bunch of boat stuck to him.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Kung Fu Man » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:12 am

RhA wrote:It's like Shockwave with a bunch of boat stuck to him.

My thoughts exactly, though it is at least true to the original artwork in that way.

Loving the Iron Army, really shows what the PCC could have done. Sadly its posability will probably still be limited thanks to the commander piece.
Kung Fu Man
Minibot
Buy from Kung Fu Man on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Burn wrote:Jesus H Christ "Cyclops" looks like he could kill you just by looking at you.

:michaelbay:

God I don't think I can resist that thing any longer. :sad:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby craggy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm

mmmmm...Iron Army.

(still want some evil Emergency vehicles to go with Smoulder - maybe Movie Barricade and some other Cons who'd work as twisted versions of the Protectobots? That or some cool yellow construction vehicles for Sledge)
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Shockwave and the Iron Army... Yes! And HoS Starscream as well. All three Seekers, please. :)
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Mkall » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:14 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Not too keen on the Iron Army or the Mastershooter stuff, but I'll be getting everything else!

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby zodconvoy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
The rifle for Overlord and the sword for Metalhawk are the only things that even peak my interest a little. The rest are easy passes.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby robofreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 am

Wasn't going to get Cyclops...

I think I might now.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby CBratetron » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:56 am

Motto: "Life goes on. You will not."
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Really? That's the head Perfect Effect is going with for PE-DX-01?
Beast Hunters is coming. Well played Mayans.
CBratetron
Minibot
Strength: 4
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Mechastrike » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:05 am

i want those Bumblebee upgrades. Hope they make an "Elita-One" next.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby DoubleOScorpio » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:09 am

A couple of thoughts...

Cyclops looks like pure badassery in those pictures.

Iron Army looks fun. Won't replace my FP Bruticus, but might be worthy of buying for the kiddos. Only thing that scares me about that are the propellers and tank turrets...my older boy will be ok with them, but if the younger one gets his mitts on them...could be ugly. The debate is now between this and Hasbro's FOC Bruticus...let the debating begin.

Can't wait to get the Renderform Hubcap and Bumper upgrades...I've had those Bee figures stashed away for this since I first saw that Venksta was going to do these. Keep up the good work, my friend!

It's sad that I got more excited by the 3rd party stuff that wasn't supposed to be there than anything that Hasbro or Fun Pub let out of the bag. :-(
DoubleOScorpio
Vehicon

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:38 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Nothing from G1 Uppers about the planned Animated Menasor kit...is that even in the works still?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:30 am

So ... was there any difference in how they treated the 3rd party stuff this year at Botcon? Was it still being sold out in the open? Was there a strong KO presence as well?
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:17 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Gauntlet101010 wrote:So ... was there any difference in how they treated the 3rd party stuff this year at Botcon? Was it still being sold out in the open? Was there a strong KO presence as well?

It wasn't a strong presence, but Robotkingdom had Hercules and the stuff I mentioned in the news out in plain sight from day one. Captured Prey and TFsource were a little more reserved, for the first couple of days they just had their stuff on a display and for sale in their private rooms, but on the last day Captured Prey brought out their Cyclops for display and TFsource brought out Yellow Giant in the dealer room. I asked the Robotkingdom guy how he was getting by with it, and he said whenever they came by and told him to put it up he just told them no and went on about his business.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 am

El Duque wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:So ... was there any difference in how they treated the 3rd party stuff this year at Botcon? Was it still being sold out in the open? Was there a strong KO presence as well?

It wasn't a strong presence, but Robotkingdom had Hercules and the stuff I mentioned in the news out in plain sight from day one. Captured Prey and TFsource were a little more reserved, for the first couple of days they just had their stuff on a display and for sale in their private rooms, but on the last day Captured Prey brought out their Cyclops for display and TFsource brought out Yellow Giant in the dealer room. I asked the Robotkingdom guy how he was getting by with it, and he said whenever they came by and told him to put it up he just told them no and went on about his business.

Hm, okay. I guess Hasbro was all bark and no bite, then. I can see how they may get away with just showing stuff, but the fact that they didn't bust people for selling stuff is somewhat surprising.

What about straight-up KO stuff? In my mind there's a difference between original molds and the KOs of stuff.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:29 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
All this 3rd party stuff at BotCon, looks like someone is unable to run their own convention and uphold the rules they set up for themselves, I figured as much.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby starscream1974 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 am

Couple of things :CON: :CON: Cyclops is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!...I don't understand the Iron Giant / which character is the center piece? I obviously see the 4 character but who is the center piece? Perfect Effects is amazing she is very very neat looking...blue or pink? To be or not to be? Right now I am really high on Mastermind Creations VERY and I love the new Seeker Mold.....correct me if I am wrong but are they offering multiple scale with this figure? Lastly that Dr. Wu WheelJack head sculpt is amazing! :APPLAUSE: and I am so happy to hear that MakeToys Giant is very very durable like a dang consruction site no pun :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :CON: :CON: intended.
starscream1974
Mini-Con

Postby korisifu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am

Motto: "Wreck-n-Rule!!"
Weapon: Double Slagmaker Laser
"Sir we need you to take down the non-licensed merchandise in your booth"
"no"

LIKE A BOSS!
korisifu
Minibot
Watch korisifu on YouTube
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby starscream1974 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 am

One more thing with Mastermind Creations...for those of you turned off by the first KM-01 and the QC issues.....they were all fixed and I know everyone knows this. But until you have the tangible in hand you don't know what to expect. I have all three......KM-01 KM-02 and KM-01X they are AMAZING.......they have good weight and excellent articulation with AMAZING light piping.....place reprolabel chrome stickers on shoulders and BAAAMMMMMMMM SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine how Cyclops will feel in hand and would go as far as to say that it will have ZILCHO with QC issues due to the fact they were so proactive with KM-01 and wanting a hardcore fans base. This is all of course IMO but I know quality when I have it in hand. I miss Fansproject.........what's up? I have all the Fansproject action City Commander... Crystal Protector....Bruticus...Insecticons. Igear MP replacement heads....Kup......SG Prime and Perfect Effect Camera...and mini warriors. I am happy with All THRID PARY ACTION AND HASBRO FOR ONCE......BUT WHERE IS FANSPROJECT?
starscream1974
Mini-Con

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 am

Hm, I dunno how I feel about Hasbro not being able to enforce their rules. I like the 3rd party market, but am not so supportive of the KO market.

Oh well. What I've seen out of the pics from Botcon aren't really my sort of thing, but they all look great. Cyclops looks badass.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:50 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Holy crap, those Knight Morphers are boss. Especially Starscream. :x Alas, I haven't the budget for adding another expensive 3rd Party line to my collection.

PE Arcee/Chromia I'm really liking too and I wish I could keep my preorder, especially with the word from Hasbro being there is no classics Arcee on the horizon. Unfortunately I need to divert all the funds I can to Maketoys Giant for the time being.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC075 140A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #140 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #794 Cvr E Spawn DC Comics 2022 NOV190399 794E (CA) Cheung"
WONDER WOMAN #794 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH FACTS #1 tpb digest DC Comics 2021 OCT207086 (CA) Charm (W) Bialik"
FLASH FACTS #1 tpb ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0723DC018 137C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN #137 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1071 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0223DC048 1071B (CA) Reis"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr D Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233235 1053D (CA) Parrillo"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol 2 Villains Journey NEW 52 tpb DC Comics 0613DC116 Williams"
JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Justice League MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE #1 DC Comics 1996 190529HM-JKY"
Justice League MID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN AND ROBIN AND HOWARD #1 DC Comics 2024 0124DC157 (W/A/CA) Brown"
NEW!
BATMAN AND ROBIN A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC269 5B (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233232 1053A (CA) Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1068 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 NOV223443 1068A (CA) Cagle"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0223DC022 3D (W) Williamson (CA) Lenoble"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr D Rub Smell DC Comics 0923DC049 1D Iver"
Batman Santa Claus ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON