This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview

Postby El Duque » Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of our friends at IDW Publishing we have the preview for Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #5. Pick up your copy tomorrow, but for now enjoy the preview below.

TRANSFORMERS: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Nick Roche (c)
TERROR BEYOND THE STARS! The dark secret at the heart of Delphi is revealed as Ratchet’s world starts to fall apart. Time is running out for the Autobot’s Chief Medical Officer and his band of followers, who must confront an enemy that literally cannot be reckoned with. Warning: not everyone will make it out alive!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant Covers:
Marcelo Matere variant! Interlocks with TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise #5’s RI cover!

Bullet points:
• The breakout success of the TRANSFORMERS relaunch continues with new dangers!
Winners of the UNDERBASE awards for BEST WRITER, BEST ARTIST, and BEST SINGLE ISSUE!

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview

Postby korisifu » Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 am

Motto: "Wreck-n-Rule!!"
Weapon: Double Slagmaker Laser
I like where this is going and especially like to see Fort Max get some revenge. I really want to see if they involve the DJD or just reference it here.
korisifu
Minibot
Watch korisifu on YouTube
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Tigertrack » Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Love the way First Aid is going. Previously a con? Or I misread. How is a pacifist previously a con? This is one of the reasons I like what's going on, and the surprises we keep getting (in good ways).
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
How long do Ambulon's arms look in that panel just before he gets the gun pointed at him?

I'm seriously starting to agree with whoever it was that said they're disappointed with the character Drift has become. Someone commented on it after a previous preview article (forgive me that I can't remember who you are). He's just not the silent badass he used to be and that I found more interesting.

All that being said it's still an awesome comic.

tigertracks 24 wrote:Love the way First Aid is going. Previously a con? Or I misread. How is a pacifist previously a con?

I think you've misread, mate. I thought it was Ambulon he was accusing of being a former Decepticon as he was the one who let the 'cons out.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby sabrigami » Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 am

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Love that the first few panels are a mirror image of the first pages of LSoTW 5. very nice touch there :D This is shaping up to be a fun looking issue.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
sabrigami wrote:Love that the first few panels are a mirror image of the first pages of LSoTW 5.

I thought the exact same thing! So awesome to see that. I'd probably be in a pretty bad mood too if I was put into a coma for 5 years by Decepticons, and the first thing I saw when waking up was more Decepticons.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Vectorshot » Tue May 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Does Fort-max have a dead robot's head in his chest? Man he must be pissed off to the highest of pisstivity.
Vectorshot
Micromaster

Postby sabrigami » Tue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Vectorshot wrote:Does Fort-max have a dead robot's head in his chest? Man he must be pissed off to the highest of pisstivity.

Yeah, he snapped it off using one of his shoulder panels. I didn't catch that the first time.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8

Postby Blurrz » Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Sonuva.. well I guess I need to catch up on this series now.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Stormrider » Tue May 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I am going to need to get into this series.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Heavy B » Tue May 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Liars A-D part 1: Don't go to delphi, Don't go into the basement.
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby quickmixed » Tue May 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:Liars A-D part 1: Don't go to delphi, Don't go into the basement.

I had totally forgotten about the message from the future. This is going to be a huge issue. I dont hold much hope for Ratchet. I hope he gets through all this. Hes become a really good character.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Vectorshot » Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 pm

@Quickmixed: I totally agree but if you noticed how First-aid was spitting out orders you can kind of figure what the author is building up to. Personally I would rather see Ratchet take a holiday for a while than have him die. I here Miami is nice this time of year.
Vectorshot
Micromaster

Postby quickmixed » Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Vectorshot wrote:@Quickmixed: I totally agree but if you noticed how First-aid was spitting out orders you can kind of figure what the author is building up to. Personally I would rather see Ratchet take a holiday for a while than have him die. I here Miami is nice this time of year.

Yeah You're right. Considering that Ratchet went to Delphi to tell Pharma he was going to be his replacement, I guess he has to find someone else now. First Aid for chief medical officer it is!
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Bleak5170 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:43 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Although I don't see it happening, if they kill off Ratchet, I'm done collecting TF comics, (and I've bought almost everything IDW has published).
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Tigertrack » Wed May 23, 2012 7:59 am

Bleak5170 wrote:Although I don't see it happening, if they kill off Ratchet, I'm done collecting TF comics, (and I've bought almost everything IDW has published).

If they kill him off, or he disappears or is thought to be dead, there is nothing that says he can't come back miraculously somehow (see other characters in fiction).
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Matrix42 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Motto: ""Hope never dies.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Just finished reading the issue! It is the BEST one in MTMTE, and it's better than everything in RID. I give it 11/10. I know, it kinda doesn't make sense, but this issue definitely deserves it! :APPLAUSE:
Matrix42
Mini-Con
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 8

Postby quickmixed » Fri May 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Matrix42 wrote:Just finished reading the issue! It is the BEST one in MTMTE, and it's better than everything in RID. I give it 11/10. I know, it kinda doesn't make sense, but this issue definitely deserves it! :APPLAUSE:

11/10 indeed,

Just finished reading my copy and I can not get over how good this was! Ratchet is quickly becoming my fave character in this series I loved the last panel where you see his newly found hands and Im stoked he made it through I enjoyed the few pages with Red Alert and Rung too. Quite funny in parts. Also , Tailgates flashback and Pharmas flashback were drawn in 2 very different styles which I also enjoyed.
WANTED TO BUY

quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Burn » Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Definitely the most enjoyable read of the series so far.

As others have said, Ratchet's character is awesome. I'm starting to think since 1984 his character has been over-shadowed by the more bigger names and we're only now starting to get to really experience him.

Tailgate and Ultra Magnus ... I have no idea if Magnus is serious or he's just screwing with Tailgate, but it was still a laugh. As was Rung and Red Alert.

And even though both sub-stories were only a few panels, they continue to set up mysteries for further down the track.

Superb writing, except for the fact Drift survived.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Chaoslock » Sun May 27, 2012 11:31 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Burn wrote:
Superb writing, except for the fact Drift survived.

Hey, if Drift died, who would have annoyed Ratchet and the rest of crew to death with spiritualism?

MTMTE is the most enjoyable TF comic I've read since the late G1.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Tue May 29, 2012 11:12 am

Enjoyed it immensely. Love how Ratchet got his new hands and can overcome his 'oldness'.

Fortress move with the head was nice.

Mistaken in my first take of bubbles and who was talking on the preview. First Aid and Ambulon. I really like how this played out. Well orchestrated and rendered.

Keep 'em coming!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Symbiote Spider-Man CROSSROADS #5 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210989 (A/CA) Land"
Symbiote Spider-Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics DEC220760 (CA) Bazaldua"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #38 var 1:10 design Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220966"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN #1 RI 1:10 Vol 3 IDW Comics 2021 SEP200503 (CA) Florean"
MARVEL ACTION SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVILS REIGN SPIDER-MAN #1 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210916 (CA) Gomez (W) Piper"
DEVILS REIGN SPIDE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS #2 var frame Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220905 (CA) Lashley"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1023DC049 141B (W)Zdarsky (A)Jimenez (CA) Finch"
BATMAN #141 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 1023DC048 141A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #141 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN SPIDER'S SHADOW #4 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 210714A (CA) Ward"
SPIDER-MAN SPIDER' ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 1023DC050 141C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Massafera"
BATMAN #141 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TEAM SUPERMAN Secret Files and Origins #1 DC Comics 1998 200610A"
TEAM SUPERMAN Secr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr E DC Comics 2023 DEC222887 1E (CA) Federici (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #39 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR220955 (CA) Medina"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #28 Marvel Comics 2019 (W) Ewing (A) Reilly (CA) Ross OCT191019"
IMMORTAL HULK #28 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON