This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives: translucent TF Prime FE Optimus + black United Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives: translucent TF Prime FE Optimus + black United Optimus Prime

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Mkall wrote:
Stryfe Convoy wrote:
jamiko wrote:I want that crystal first edition but, sadly will never be able to afford it. :sad:

I hit the web and did the currency conversion, it'll be about 64 dollars for each figure. Of course, that means that BBTS is selling their's for 99.99... That's how much they're making off of it...

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

False.

To get this figure from a convention to the states requires BBTS to pay for three services.
1) The initial cost of the figures at the convention
2) An entity (could be a single person or a group) to go to the convention with the main goal of procuring as many of these as possible
3) That entity to ship their acquired goods to BBTS via a priority carrier

Both of which mean that to get these figures to their door, BBTS is probably paying about 80-85 a head. Which knocks their profit margin down quite a bit, from 36% to 15% which is a pretty standard profit margin for most retailers, especially for hard-to-obtain items such as these.

I love how we have to keep pointing this out every time one of these figures goes up for pre-order.

Man, I hope there will be a few Black Primes left later this year once I can get around to grabbing one.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives: translucent TF Prime FE Optimus + black United Optimus Prime

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o

That's just how anime robots stand sometimes. :-B
I like it myself, better than standing boringringly like some doofus, some doofus who stands. :P

Thats not the same pose, buddy's got his hand on his hip, and the other isn't way back like nemesis, its more to his side. Nemesis seems to be jutting his pelvis out, while only having a straight legged together stance. hahaha. Its a neutral enough pose either way that you could call it a boring doofus stance. Hes not in much action a pose, or aiming a rifle, just going, "HEY WORLD! i'm nemesis prime, and i'm GORgeous" :lol: :P
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Blurrz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?

1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Mkall » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.

That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you. I has having one of those deja vu moments.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rated X » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

KO Toys used to sell a nice version of the wonderfest prime called "Kold Black Konvoy". No need to waste my money on this one.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

KO Toys used to sell a nice version of the wonderfest prime called "Kold Black Konvoy". No need to waste my money on this one.
Not unless you want one that's a Decepticon. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:25 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Stormrider wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you. I has having one of those deja vu moments.

Ugh. I have personally seen and handled one of those samples. I think they came out before 2010, I think it 2008. Back then I was just into collecting, but I rember clearly seeing a box of stolen Chinese black Optimuses and Swerevs (the Chevy one). They were all stolen chinese toys, and Prime was $40SG, while Swerve was $25.

Apparently I did not pick them up, and when I returned to the store a week after, they were all gone. :HEADHURTS:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Stormrider » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:16 pm

gavinfuzzy wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

Ugh. I have personally seen and handled one of those samples. I think they came out before 2010, I think it 2008. Back then I was just into collecting, but I rember clearly seeing a box of stolen Chinese black Optimuses and Swerevs (the Chevy one). They were all stolen chinese toys, and Prime was $40SG, while Swerve was $25.

Apparently I did not pick them up, and when I returned to the store a week after, they were all gone. :HEADHURTS:

Was that a good thing or a bad thing that you didn't buy it because they were stolen?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby gavinfuzzy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Stormrider wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

Was that a good thing or a bad thing that you didn't buy it because they were stolen?

Bad thing. More than half my animated/Universe 2.0 collection was stolen, and pre release. I had stuff like TFA Aoundwave 6 months before release in my country. Oh, the SDCC nemesis I own is stolen and pre-release too. :lol:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
gavinfuzzy wrote:Bad thing. More than half my animated/Universe 2.0 collection was stolen, and pre release. I had stuff like TFA Aoundwave 6 months before release in my country. Oh, the SDCC nemesis I own is stolen and pre-release too. :lol:

Kay: "'Scuse us, Mr. Fuzzy. Hasbro Security, Division 6. We'd like to ask you a few questions regarding some our company's stolen property."

:P :P :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Endurance: 8

Postby tekering » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Motto: ""Life is wasted on the living.""
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Well, e-Hobby's remaining stock didn't last very long...

Predictably, as the clock rolled over to 10:30, the site was overwhelmed with users and response time was slow. From the product page refresh that revealed the "Add to cart" button to loading the "View cart" page took nearly 30 seconds; in the seconds between adding the figures to my cart and clicking the "Place order" button, the stock was gone. All I got when trying to place my order was an error message. :BOOM:

Sold out in under 30 seconds! :sad:
tekering
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from tekering on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 5
Skill: 3

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
MINDVVIPE wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o

That's just how anime robots stand sometimes. :-B
I like it myself, better than standing boringringly like some doofus, some doofus who stands. :P

Thats not the same pose, buddy's got his hand on his hip, and the other isn't way back like nemesis, its more to his side. Nemesis seems to be jutting his pelvis out, while only having a straight legged together stance. hahaha. Its a neutral enough pose either way that you could call it a boring doofus stance. Hes not in much action a pose, or aiming a rifle, just going, "HEY WORLD! i'm nemesis prime, and i'm GORgeous" :lol: :P

Sounds like something good ole' Shattered Glass Nemesis would say! :lol:
http://shibamura-prime.deviantart.com/a ... e-88577498
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Sounds like something good ole' Shattered Glass Nemesis would say! :lol:
http://shibamura-prime.deviantart.com/a ... e-88577498

HAHAhaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Cyberseven » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Call me crazy if you will, but I really like the translucent FE Prime. I just can't say I like it enough to pay $100.00 for.

If it was say 70-75, and that is still a lot, I just might buy it.

Oh well.
Cyberseven
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie"
Power Attackers PO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Robot Replicas ROTF 2009 210930A"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 230427A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LA15 GRIMLOCK Transformers Lost Age Extinction AOE Takara Power Battlers New"
LA15 GRIMLOCK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON