This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Club Store Update: Runamuck and 2012 BotCon Souvenir Combo Pack Available Tomorrow

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Club Store Update: Runamuck and 2012 BotCon Souvenir Combo Pack Available Tomorrow

Postby El Duque » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
TFCC has just sent out the following message:

Hello all,

Today we will be uploading our new set of store templates and testing them. Hopefully, if we don't find any major errors, we will be turning on the left over BotCon products, Runamuck, and other club items around noon CDT tomorrow.

Please note that you will be limited to ONE Runamuck and ONE Convention Pack (below) until we see how demand goes. Do not place a second order until we allow you, as we can see all of our orders by member and will cancel the order and charge a cancellation fee.

2012 Transformers Club Exclusive Runamuck (1 pc) $32.00

2012 BotCon Souvenir Combo Pack (Octopunch & Spinister 2pk, 2012 Comic Program, Trading Card Set) 4 pcs $110.00

We want to ensure that as many people as possible are able to get these pieces first hand without having to go to the secondary market. IF WE DON"T SELL OUT, as soon as the flurry abates, we will remove the limits.

I'll send out another email and we will tweet when the product is live.

Thanks for your patience!

Brian
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Club Store Update: Runamuck and 2012 BotCon Souvenir Combo Pack Available Tomorrow

Postby robotmel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:D
I would go for a piece of Runamuck if it was around £30 dilivered into the UK? ;)
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Club Store Update: Runamuck and 2012 BotCon Souvenir Combo Pack Available Tomorrow

Postby robofreak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Why did I not get this email? Crap, I will be working tomorrow.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby gavinfuzzy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Hmm... I did not get this email too...

Well, I never intended to get the Octopunch set, and I probably won't. Well, that probably cos it's the only one that never sold out. Spinister is cool, but not $110 cool. Could get the upcomming springger and repaint him myself. :lol:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Transhunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Wow now i can complete my battle chargers at last wooooohoooo now all i need to do now is win Over run anyone can help me
have a look at this auction and tell me if this it worth bidding or if there is a better deal somewhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300721335136? ... 615wt_1401

it seems to be the only one in the UK and i don't want to get done for customs, if anyone can advise that would be great!!!
Transhunter
Mini-Con
Buy from Transhunter on eBay

Postby Rated X » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Transhunter wrote:Wow now i can complete my battle chargers at last wooooohoooo now all i need to do now is win Over run anyone can help me
have a look at this auction and tell me if this it worth bidding or if there is a better deal somewhere.

it seems to be the only one in the UK and i don't want to get done for customs, if anyone can advise that would be great!!!

Here you go buddy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TFCC-Transformers-Collectors-Club-2012-Over-Run-Runabout-MIB-/200771041069?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2ebee2f72d

95 bucks with free shipping. A much better price for Over-run than that other dealer you posted. His prices are a rip-off. ;)
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby zodconvoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:08 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
So the offer is for everything I already have? Great! I can't afford it anyway right now.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby cylor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:03 am

Do you have to be a member to buy from the club's store?
cylor
Minibot

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 am

cylor wrote:Do you have to be a member to buy from the club's store?

Unfortunately, yes.
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:29 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Rated X wrote:
Transhunter wrote:Wow now i can complete my battle chargers at last wooooohoooo now all i need to do now is win Over run anyone can help me

Here you go buddy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TFCC-Transformers-Collectors-Club-2012-Over-Run-Runabout-MIB-/200771041069?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2ebee2f72d

95 bucks with free shipping. A much better price for Over-run than that other dealer you posted. His prices are a rip-off. ;)

That free shipping is for the U.S. only, it's $45 to ship to the U.K.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby orangeitis » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Is anyone else having trouble logging in the site?
orangeitis

Postby craggy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Here you go buddy:

That free shipping is for the U.S. only, it's $45 to ship to the U.K.

sigh. the UK is not part of the USA. :BANG_HEAD:

Keep an eye out though, I've been seeing these guys pop up fairly regularly recently.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Quick update on the status of the TFCC Club Store . As most of you already know TFCC's Club Store was brought back on-line today, and two high demand products were made available, Runamuck and the BotCon 2012 Souvenir Set Octopunch & Spinister. Apparently the demand for these two items was so high it crashed the store's server forcing the Club Store to be taken offline. They hope to have the necessary changes made and the Club Store back online in a few days.

Statement from the TFCC homepage:
Due to the high bandwidth demand for the Transformers' Club and BotCon products, we have been forced to take the store server for the Transformers Collectors' Club offline. The system our new store software was installed on will not support the bandwidth demands that are being placed on it. The store software company will be moving us to a different server with more capacity.

Thus, the Transformers Collectors' Club store will be offline for several days. We will let you know when we are operational again.

If you received a confirmation email or see a charge on your credit card, you have a good order in the system. This move will not affect any order that went through.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your enthusiasm about these products.

From the TFCC facebook page:
Our host had informed us that the store server has been taken offline as the heavy traffic kept causing it to crash. We will keep you posted as they address the issue on their end. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Due to the high bandwidth demand for the Transformers' Club and BotCon products, we have been forced to take the store server for the Transformers' and G.I. Joe Collectors' Clubs offline. The system our new store software was installed on will not support the bandwidth demands that are being placed on it. The store software company will be moving us to a different server with more capacity.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby DISCHARGE » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
8-}
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby NamelessOne » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Jeebus Crust.... AGAIN?!?!

AGAIIIINNN!!??!!

:HEADHURTS:
NamelessOne
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 pm

This happened before with Over run. You'd think they'll have prepared for this to happen again... but noooo....
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster

Postby emeraldbeacon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:16 pm

PHASE ONE: Highly sought-after items in the club store.

PHASE TWO: Club Store crash after 'unexpected' surge in activity.

PHASE THREE: Everybody watch your credit card statements!
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby worldsgreatest » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Good grief.
worldsgreatest
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby robofreak » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 pm

FunPub, didn't we learn our lesson in January when this happened?

My order went through, but the fact that the site crashed did nothing to inspire confidence in this sytem.

I will be watching my card again and probably will go ahead and just get a new card to avoid the crap from last time. I really don't want to deal with fraud on this in the event of a security leak.

If Mattycollector can handle a crap ton of people on their site on the 15th of each month then there is no reason you guys can't.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt

Postby LiKwid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Why is it that servers never meet demands..With anything? Do people honestly always estimate the lowest number possible? If everyone was limited to 1 set of each item, How the heck could the server not handle it? It's not like Joe schmo scalper was sittin there throwin 20 of each set into his cart.

Myabe this was another "test" to see if it was going to work right..because you know, they might not have learned their lesson before...

Ah hell im tired of bitching about fun pub..its whatever at this point..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
The system our new store software was installed on will not support the bandwidth demands that are being placed on it. The store software company will be moving us to a different server with more capacity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are they for real? First they have a system running on out dated software, so they move to one which can't handle a little bit of demand?

And I mean little bit ... I can't imagine there would be tens of thousands of people all clamouring at once to get onto the store.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby LiKwid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Burn wrote:
The system our new store software was installed on will not support the bandwidth demands that are being placed on it. The store software company will be moving us to a different server with more capacity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are they for real? First they have a system running on out dated software, so they move to one which can't handle a little bit of demand?

And I mean little bit ... I can't imagine there would be tens of thousands of people all clamouring at once to get onto the store.

Yeah if it was SG Prime.Kick off or the junkions i can understand..but spinister and octopunch and runamuck? #-o
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby robofreak » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 am

Spinister and Octopunch could not have been the only remains of Botcon 2012. The others will show up soon enough.

robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:41 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
All I can say is: LOL.
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby funklizard » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 am

Motto: "Livin' the funk."
Weapon: Stereophonic Sonic Blaster
LiKwid wrote:Are they for real? First they have a system running on out dated software, so they move to one which can't handle a little bit of demand?

It's surprising. I have a hard time believing that the demand was terribly out-of-line with what they experienced with Over-run; so they should have had a pretty good idea of what to expect.

This is difficult for me to judge. But the point is, it should not have been difficult for TFCC to judge.

Yeah if it was SG Prime.Kick off or the junkions i can understand..but spinister and octopunch and runamuck? #-o

Make no mistake, Runamuck is driving this demand. There are a lot of Over-run boxes in the wild with an empty spot in them. And collectors will always want these guys as a set.

I got lucky and got my order in early. The new store items actually went live just a few minutes before noon CDT. But by the time I was completing my order (at noon CDT or a minute after), the site was already obviously taxed. Shortly thereafter, it became completely inaccessible; and a little while after that, the URLs started yielding 404s. Since I would expect it to take a few minutes after the announced availability time for demand to peak, this suggests to me that capacity for the site was not just a little below the necessary threshold, but a lot. (I am, of course, just making semi-educated guesses here.)

It surprises me that they'd miss the mark by so much a second time. You'd think they'd (at least try to) overestimate the required capacity and then dial it back if it turned out they had a lot to spare. I really want to give these guys the benefit of doubt and chalk the previous issues up to naiveté and a learning experience. But when the "learning" part doesn't seem to be happening, it does try one's patience.
funklizard
Fuzor
Buy from funklizard on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight RAMJET RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Musso 231208R"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210679 32B (CA) Burcham (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220490 14A (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15B (CA) Burcham SEP190684"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #3 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305D"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM824 (CA) Howard 240210"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #21 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 21B MAR200701 (CA) Su"
TRANSFORMERS #21 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON