This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences

Postby El Duque » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:09 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor TFsource dropped by to let us know they have received some information from Takara regarding the recently listed UN-32 Artfire and how it differ from the Million Publishing Exclusive version.

TFsource wrote:Although we don't have a picture yet, we have some details from Takara Tomy on the differences in the Million Publishing vs. United Artfires.

We have learned a little more on the Million Publishing vs. United Artfire details! Coloring will be different, Million Publishing will include two partners, Nightstick and Sparks, the UN version will include one, likely "Nightstick" but that is not for sure. The million publishing version will be limited, UN-32, will not. There may be more differences such as packaging, etc. If you want to change your preorder accordingly, please email customercare@tfsource.com now, so that we can modify your order!
http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4225/
http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4693/

Pictures of the Million Artfire can be found below, no picture on UN-32 yet!
http://millionhero.jp/tfg2012/artfire.html
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences

Postby Kibble » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
It's odd Takara is pulling the rug out from under MP like that. While the two little buddies are a nice touch, I don't think the extra one will be worth $70 to me...especially when you could just find his original mold and redeco him yourself. I'm about 95% likely to be canceling that MP preorder...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Mkall » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'll be getting both. One will be Artfire and the other will be Shattered Glass Inferno.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:17 am

I'm giving some serious thought to cancelling my preorder for the MP one. Any clue when that's coming out?

I'd really like to see a picture of this to decide which one I want. I don't really have any warm, fuzzy feelings for Arty and the $100 price difference between the two is really steep. It's cool we're getting a Classics Artfire, but I don't know if I really need to shell out the dough for the priciest one available; not if I have a choice.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 am

Yeah, I'm with Kibble. This whole thing is rather strange.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:41 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Me too, I really wanna see the up close comparisons between the 2. :-? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby triKlops » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
looks like this will be my cost effective alternative instead of the MillPub one
would like to see some flicks before i plunk down the cash though

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Hey folks, here's some information that isn't really useful information so there. Oh and one of these is missing a Target Master. Maybe... There, all the facts, just for you. :roll: I'm sticking with my initial order until we see what's up and can actually gauge what we want based on actual useful information and/or pics.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 am

If I were MP, and Takara released nearly the identical exclusive... I'd switch it TOOOOooooo.....

HAULER. :-?

Odd that we're suddenly getting THREE new retool/redecos of this toy. Will that set a record for this size class? :???: That will be six. Trying to think if anyone else in the "classics" lines has gotten that many in this size class.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Mkall » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
gothsaurus wrote:If I were MP, and Takara released nearly the identical exclusive... I'd switch it TOOOOooooo.....

Odd that we're suddenly getting THREE new retool/redecos of this toy. Will that set a record for this size class? :???: That will be six. Trying to think if anyone else in the "classics" lines has gotten that many in this size class.

I think Classics Prime may still hold the record. Classics, Henkei, Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, Crystal Convoy, Shattered Glass Prime and Black Convoy (not counting the cancelled Autobot Black Convoy)

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 am

I guess I need to cheer more for Hauler then. That would tie Prime!
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:49 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
gothsaurus wrote:I guess I need to cheer more for Hauler then. That would tie Prime!

I'd be right there with you. I want Hauler pretty badly. Seems like it would be a perfect figure for the club to do. Not only has he had a profile in the club magazine but he's in the last storyline as a background bot. Specifically issues 41 and 42. I'd happily pay out for him.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles

:HEADHURTS:
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby DMSL » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Wow didn't know Takara would pull a Hasbro and release an "exclusive" repainted figure in the main line. It is a huge price difference as well. I do like the extra Targetmaster but for that huge of a price gap i am not sure. I'll wait till i see pictures and then i will decide whether i change my pre-order or not.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Kibble » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Although is this a huge price difference over there? It's not costing them $140 if they order it directly...
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Stormrider » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
gothsaurus wrote:If I were MP, and Takara released nearly the identical exclusive... I'd switch it TOOOOooooo.....

Seven. Don't forget Asia Hasbro is releasing a blue version as Hotspot.

Kibble wrote:Although is this a huge price difference over there? It's not costing them $140 if they order it directly...

It's about 2000 yen difference ($25) and it is more difficult to obtain the MP version. You have to buy the MP magazine, cut out the coupon and then mail it in with 6000 Yen. I agree with everyone else, this seems very strange for Takara to do.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Kibble » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Stormrider wrote:
Kibble wrote:Although is this a huge price difference over there? It's not costing them $140 if they order it directly...

It's about 2000 yen difference ($25) and it is more difficult to obtain the MP version. You have to buy the MP magazine, cut out the coupon and then mail it in with 6000 Yen. I agree with everyone else, this seems very strange for Takara to do.

I agree it's still strange, but if the difference was only $25 I'd probably opt for the fancier exclusive with extra buddies.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby quickmixed » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm holding on to my preorder. I display my exclusive figs seperately so I need an exclusive Artfire to go with my exclusive Stepper. I was willing to pay the initial price 2 months ago and still am.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Arlekkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:59 am

Am I the only one smelling Arms Micron here?

Maybe the new takara version will have the panels on the back painted red instead of white and maybe finally we will get the ladder instead of the water gun/crane.
Arlekkin
Micromaster

Postby El Duque » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
In our second piece of Artfire news for the day, it sounds like UN-32 Artfire may not be happening.

If you thought Takara offering a non-exclusive version of Artifre was too good too be true you may have been right! Last week pre-orders started appearing at on-line retailers for UN-32 Artfire, which was followed by news of what differences we could expect between the Takara and Million Publishing versions. This all seemed a bit odd since a Takara general release would step on the toes of the Million Publishing exclusive.

Now word is reaching us that UN-32 Artfire may not exist. Takara has denied the release via their twitter account, and Allspark member (and e-Hobby employee) Hydra had this to say:

I don't know who decided that the supposed regular release of Artfire would only have one Targetmaster, but there is no regular release of Artfire coming. Million posted it on their Twitter account on the 21st, calling it out as a false rumor. I heard the same thing directly from TT staff, so you can safely assume that there is no normal version of Artfire on the way.

-Hydra

It sounds like the Million Publishing exclusive Artfire may be the only game in town.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 am

Glad to hear this exclusive is still an exclusive.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Was this an April Fools joke? Wait, it ain't April anymore......... #-o
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Stumpybot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 am

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
somebody done f***ed up this time. Whats that i see in the distance? a tidal wave of pure nerd rage?

this sounded off from day 1 to me. TFsource was the main source of info, the MP exclusivity being so close and the blatantly flipping off the fans that they know had dropped the money. i hope the truth of whats gone on come out, coz a lot of shops were taking preorders for this
Stumpybot
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Was I the only one that kept my MP pre-order and was happy for everyone else who was getting the united ? If this was backlash from "nerd outrage" I hope CHMS gets in on the action. I dont condone greediness.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr G 1:5 action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230322 11G"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230247 5E (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #117 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230121 117A"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics OCT230079 115F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr H 1:7 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230264 12H (CA) Kambadais"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAR230502 6J (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL230330 10D (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220272 1D (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr H 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230285 3H (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Y 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228475 3Y (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Y ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics AUG230330 11O Nakayama 231222I"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230279 3B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230685 9G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics JAN230398 4L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON