This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots #2 Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots #2 Preview

Postby El Duque » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Our friends a IDW Publishing have sent over the previews for tomorrow's comic release Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots #2. Check out the preview below, and be sure to pick up or download the full comic tomorrow.

(We are aware that the text in virtually impossible to read, but this is how the preview was sent out)

Update: A clear copy can be found by clicking here.

Transformers: Prime—Rage of the Dinobots #2 (of 4)
Mike Johnson & Mairghread Scott (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ken Christiansen (c)
CYBERTRON FALLING! As their world collapses around them, the DINOBOTS battle SHOCKWAVE’s forces to protect the fleeing Cybertronians! SWOOP’s life hangs in the balance—his teammates fight to save him, but will he succumb to evil? The answer may not be what you expect!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant Cover:
Nick Roche inter-connected variant cover, connecting with the variants for issues # 1 – 4!

Bullet points:
• Bringing the fan-favorite DINOBOTS to the mega-popular PRIME world!
• A bold new world of TRANSFORMERS storytelling—in continuity with the hit TV show but blazing an exciting trail you can only see in comics!

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots #2 Preview

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Why pages look so fuzzy?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby #Sideways# » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Can't. See. A Thing. (:|
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby El Duque » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Why pages look so fuzzy?

#Sideways# wrote:Can't. See. A Thing. (:|

It appears to be a problem across the board with this preview. I've checked the other TF sites and CBR to see if theirs are clear, but they're not.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby El Duque » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm

I've updated the initial post with a link to a clear copy.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby El Duque » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm

The official Transformers facebook page has shared an interview with Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots artist Agustin Padilla. Where mirrored the interview below for those without facebook access.

Q: Hello Agustin. Thank you for doing this Q&A session. How is everything going with you?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: Hi! Very well, thank you.

Q: You are the artist for TRANSFORMERS PRIME: RAGE OF THE DINOBOTS. How does the challenge of draw large Cybertronians compare to the work you have done on G.I. JOE and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: THE LEGEND OF DRIZZT?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: It’s been a very interesting change, because ’til now I’ve always worked with human characters—but working with mechanical beings and trying to show their personalities has been something exciting. Also, I was a fan of TRANSFORMERS, the TV show, when I was a kid, so this was thrilling to me.

Q: Who are your main inspirations as a comic book artist? Have there been many that have influenced your art style?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: I’ve had several influences; I grew up reading comics, and trying to draw what I saw on those pages. Among my favorite artists are Carlos Pacheco, Mike Mignola, Alan Davis, Silvestri, Madureira, Ramos, Charest…

Q: How did you come to be involved in the project? Was Transformers something that you’d always wanted to draw?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: I’ve always liked to work on series that I’ve enjoyed as a child, so when I got the chance, I prepared some tryouts and I was lucky.

Q: How much research did you have to do on the PRIME series before you started drawing the comic?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: Not many, I was familiar with most of the characters.

Q: Which of the main characters in the series have you found hardest to draw, and also the easiest?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: Truth is that most of them have the same difficulty, so I can’t really tell you any that were especially easy or hard.

Q: How long does it usually take you to complete an issue of ROTD?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: About a month.

Q: If you could write and draw your own Prime comic, do you know what story you would tell and what characters would be in it?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: I think that NEMESIS is a very interesting character. A Miniseries of him searching for the ancient Cybertronian artifacts buried on Earth could be cool.

Q: Has working on this series changed the way you work as an artist much?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: I’ve learned a lot. I had to develop my style more than in other projects, and also the narrative for a comic like this. That will help me on my future works

Q: What work will you be doing next after you have finished drawing TRANSFORMERS PRIME: RAGE OF THE DINOBOTS?

AGUSTIN PADILLA: Well, that’s something I can’t reveal yet.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #2 Cvr E 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 APR231629 2E (CA) Beals"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Q 1:20 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240121 2Q Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #142 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics MAY231416 142D Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Gonzo"
TMNT #142 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr M 1:50 Boom Studios Comics OCT220281 1M (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220386 3D (CA) Rivera"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #129 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220497 129A Mutant Ninja Turtles (CA) Tunica"
TMNT #129 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Y 1:75 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230228 1Y (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #115 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles JAN210492 115RI"
TMNT #115 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 NOV221624 3A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics OCT221755 3RI (CA)Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #144 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 AUG231417 144D Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #144 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Best of KARAI #1 IDW Comics 2023 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles MAY231419"
TMNT Best of KARAI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON