This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Botcon 2007 Awards Update and Stan Bush Concert information

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Botcon 2007 Awards Update and Stan Bush Concert information

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:27 pm

Weapon: Sword
I was at the Botcon party tonight at the Westin Hotel. I'm sure there will be an official thread about this with pictures, but for those hanging onto every bit of Botcon news - here ya go:

The goodie bag included a movie poster, Optimus Prime T-Shirt (Party like it's 1984) with Prime holding a Blaster-like radio to his ear), a Bee-otch car air freshener (like in the new movie), some movie figure promo cards, and a Stan Bush flyer/postcard. Very cool goodie bag!

The ballroom was very upscale. There was a cash bar and stations all around with pizza, chicken wings, salad, celery sticks and carrots. There were also free drink stations with sodas and iced tea.

A local 80s cover band performed about 6 or 7 songs, including 867-5309, I think I'm turning Japanese, Rock and Roll all night..., and several others I will probably remember after I hit submit.

There was a break in the music for the awards. Plenty of art awards for various categories. I could not hear much from the microphone and had a 5 year old with me that wanted to keep partying, so I did not hear many names. I'm sure they will be revealed here later.

TFW won two awards, one for news and the other - ? I did not hear the category. Seibertron won another award for best resource site (you guys rock!).

Then the 80's cover band took the stage again, but this time with Stan Bush! He sang Till All Are One (new song), two songs from other albums that were quite good for his retro Bon Jovi-like style, then he sang Dare and The Touch. The Touch is my 5 year old's favorite song and this was his first concert. He loved it and chatted about his two favorite songs (the other is Dare) all the way back to the hotel. Stan Bush continued to play with the band and sang Summer of 69 as I was leaving. I'm sure he kept going and the crowd was all into it. Unfortunatley it was about 10:30 and I had to get my kid to bed.

Overall, a good time was had by all except for one sad guy who lost his goodie bag (stolen). I felt sorry for him, so I gave him mine. That general kind of caring attutude was prevalent at Botcon. Everyone I talked to (and I am quite chatty at times) was very friendly, kind-spirited, and having a good time. This was a very non-judgmental crowd. Everyone was accepted and all walks of life were represented here. The dealers were all nice guys too. Walking around with my son, he was given a free MISB RobotMasters Primal, a free basic knock-off transforming car robot, an Armada Unicron (for $20), and a G1 Seaspray. My two year old got a free Optimash Prime and a Cybertron Legends Prime. All this because they were cute little guys walking aroound with their Daddy and all the people here are just so nice. This has been an outstanding experience, and even my wife, who is not much of a TF fan, thoroughly enjoyed herself.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Super Megatron » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:04 am

Motto: "Smashing Optimus Prime toys is the freedom of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sounds like a great time for everybody. Got to go to a BotCon one of these days.
Super Megatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 16
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:16 am

I'm glad to hear that Botcon was a great experience for you and you're son had a great time.

If you have pictures, be sure to share them!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby BlurPrime » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:50 am

great sounds like a joyful time i wish i could had experienced it.
BlurPrime
Micromaster

Postby HollyW00d » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:41 am

Yeah I was right there by the stage on the left side, good energy. The Cusaks are a very fun cover band, I especially like how the drummer dresses up like Marty McFly from the guitar scene in the first movie.

Stan was great, but I thought it was funny he didn't know most of the words to Summer of '69. He kept singing the wrong verses and blanked towards the end, egging the other singer from the Cusaks to continue. Ah well, he must have been out of practice.
HollyW00d
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby qwailo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:46 am

I live in the UK, so getting to Botcon isn't easy but i would love to go one day!

However from this report and from everything else i've seen...i think this Botcon07 is the ultimate Botcon and there will never be one as good.
qwailo
Fuzor

Postby Roboto750 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
The concert rocked! :grin: The two songs after "Til All Are One" were from his new album. I was hoping he would've played longer, but he did all the big ones, so I can't complain!
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby GetterDragun » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:02 pm

I had a lot of fun, it was nice to meet everyone there!

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby trailbreaker » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:50 am

Props to you for helping your fellow Botcon brother out. Great story, sounded like a fun night!
trailbreaker
Micromaster

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It was definitly nice to put faces to a lot of people. Finally got to meet Seibs, GetterDragon, Counterpunch, and FenderBender. I'm the guy with the mohawk if ya remember. Loved it when we took over the bar on Saturday night. This for me was more about meeting people then actually buying transformers. I really hope to do this again next year.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADAY Transformers BotBots Series 4 Fresh Squeezes Hasbro 2020 apple"
ADAY Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINNYCAKE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Sugar Shocks cupcake 2019 Hasbro"
MINNYCAKE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 Set of 2 Transformers vehicles Outta Controller + Racer-Roni"
BotBots Series 6 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIXX Transformers BotBots Series 2 Techie Team camera Hasbro 2019"
CLIXX Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CON-PACKTOR Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League backpack 2019"
CON-PACKTOR Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRIST BANNED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades watch 2019 Hasbro"
WRIST BANNED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRIBBY Transformers BotBots Series 2 Backpack Bunch 2019 colored pencil"
SCRIBBY Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OL TIC TOC Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 wristwatch watch Hasbro"
OL TIC TOC Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BROTATO Transformers BotBots Series 2 Greaser Gang 2019 french fries"
BROTATO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANGRY CHEESE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang Hasbro 2018"
ANGRY CHEESE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FROSTFETTI FROSTYFACE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks 2020 cake"
FROSTFETTI FROSTYF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDWHEEL Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
WILDWHEEL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FAIL POLISH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Nail Polish 2019 Hasbro"
FAIL POLISH Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON