The Star Wars Thread

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hmm, not too sure what to think of that.

Death Star wreckage? Brilliant, I love that idea!

The Emperors laugh gave me a brief chill.

But the name is.... dumb. And after 8, I'm not too thrilled. I didn't like 8 much at all.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:44 am

Motto: "Laissez le bon temps rouler!"
During the fight between Palpatine and Mace Windu in episode 3 did the emperor get disfigured or was his true appearance revealed?

Do you refer to the new movies as the sequel trilogy or the Disney trilogy? Or something else?
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
..............."The body, THE BODY, THE BODY!!!" - Mickey, Rocky II

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10699
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think they are supposed to be referred to as the sequel trilogy.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8579
News Credits: 231
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby Cobotron » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Roddy, I always saw it as Palpatine used it as an excuse to reveal his true appearance. I bet it took a lot of Force to conjure that "mask".

I may not be all that excited for Despise of the Skywalker, but you know what I am damn excited about?

THIS!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9676
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 am

Motto: "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW, FATHER?"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Cobotron wrote:Roddy, I always saw it as Palpatine used it as an excuse to reveal his true appearance. I bet it took a lot of Force to conjure that "mask".

Cob, that’s a really cool angle that I never thought about. I’m going to accept it now as the canon I never new I needed!

Speaking of ol’ Papa Palpatine, y’all see that new Black Series figure of him with his Death Star Throne? Isn’t that thing just the coolest?

Man I hope The Mandalorian is cool. It has the potential to be as good as Rogue One, I just hope it’s better than Agents of SHIELD. With John Favreau, Dave Filoni, AND Taika Waitit, I’m sure it will be.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am

I am really confused. They cancel a bobba fett movie, something everyone wanted (cancelled an amazing looking game too but thats another thing). And yet they greenlight a show about a bounty hunter who has the same armour, what gives?

Also, I always thought that with palpatine, he was trading his youth for power. Like how magic always has a cost, or one of those faustian deals. He grew more powerful but it drained his lifeforce and made him age tremendously inorder to release all that power. that power did of course subsequently leave him alive for a long time, but always looking like that.

Honestly, I always felt that was something really dumb in the prequels. When we see him as a younger man we are all thinking, makes sense this is him young and later he is old. he would just age into looking older later (like Obi Wan, Greedo, Darth Vader, Luke, ect). That would have made perfect sense. But no, Lucas wanted us to end right up to where we begin in a new hope as much as possible even if there was still 18 years till we get there.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24294
News Credits: 2344
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:I am really confused. They cancel a bobba fett movie, something everyone wanted (cancelled an amazing looking game too but thats another thing). And yet they greenlight a show about a bounty hunter who has the same armour, what gives?

Also, I always thought that with palpatine, he was trading his youth for power. Like how magic always has a cost, or one of those faustian deals. He grew more powerful but it drained his lifeforce and made him age tremendously inorder to release all that power. that power did of course subsequently leave him alive for a long time, but always looking like that.

Honestly, I always felt that was something really dumb in the prequels. When we see him as a younger man we are all thinking, makes sense this is him young and later he is old. he would just age into looking older later (like Obi Wan, Greedo, Darth Vader, Luke, ect). That would have made perfect sense. But no, Lucas wanted us to end right up to where we begin in a new hope as much as possible even if there was still 18 years till we get there.

The thing with the games is why ea should be stripped of the licence for the games. The new one looks cool but I'm expecting them not to learn their lessons from the horrendous battlefront games.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8579
News Credits: 231
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I've always thought that Palpatine could use the darkside to stay young and keep a consistent look, but he was damaged by the Sith Lightning pushback from Windu, which is something he couldn't repair, but he could maintain.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15046
News Credits: 1293
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Motto: "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW, FATHER?"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
william-james88 wrote:I am really confused. They cancel a bobba fett movie, something everyone wanted (cancelled an amazing looking game too but thats another thing). And yet they greenlight a show about a bounty hunter who has the same armour, what gives?

The Boba Fett movie was never actually announced as being in development, and neither was the Obi-Wan movie. Honestly, I think all the Boba Fett film rumors were more tied to this show than anything else.

But also, Kathleen Kennedy has no idea what she wants to do with the franchise. That’s what gives.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby Cobotron » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I am really confused. They cancel a bobba fett movie, something everyone wanted (cancelled an amazing looking game too but thats another thing). And yet they greenlight a show about a bounty hunter who has the same armour, what gives?

The Boba Fett movie was never actually announced as being in development, and neither was the Obi-Wan movie. Honestly, I think all the Boba Fett film rumors were more tied to this show than anything else.

But also, Kathleen Kennedy has no idea what she wants to do with the franchise. That’s what gives.
I have from a reputable source that the Boba Fett idea was originally Lucas's waaaaaay back when Cartoon Network did the Clone Wars 2D animated shorts. The idea was originally for a TV series. He even approached Genndy Tartakovsky (producer of said CN shorts) with the idea.
I think The Madalorian is just the evolution of that idea.

I also think Kennedy has an idea of what she want to do with it, I just don't think anyone else wants her to do it! :-x :lol:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9676
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Shrapnel Bombshell & Kickback Legends Insecticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return LOT Of 5 Blurr Hot Rod Kup arcee perceptor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Medix The Docbot Action Figure 3-7 Age" on EBAY
Buy "Fortress Maximus Transformers Legends LG31 Total Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Leader class rare MISB" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Perfect Effect PC14 PC-14 Transformers Fortress Maximus The Titans Cannon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Chromedome Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Kup Complete w/ Targetmaster Upgrade" on EBAY