This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

Postby El Duque » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Transformers Platinum Editions were on display. The currently available releases Omega Supreme and Optimus Prime were present, but the big news was Ultra Magnus. He's a redeco/retool of Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime that comes with the Forge of Solus Prime as an accessory. Click here for the gallery.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Platinum Editions

Postby STngAR » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
I'm happy with only getting Omega Supreme from this line so far.

:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
@ Omega Supreme's backward arm:

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Skywarp64 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I didn't know they had a Magnus in this line. I already preordered Optimus.
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
[list]
[*]Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's Supermode Head
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's "Super Smokestacks", or whatever those big grey guns on his Supermode shoulders are called
[*]G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
#TillAllAreOne
Skywarp64
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
I'll be getting Omega and Optimus as I missed out on getting the original Energon releases. May get Magnus too as his Forge is painted, whereas the one on the voyager isn't.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby XDMan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
imme, I'll take what there is! :D

And those Generations a few posts ago make me tink if I would want them... :-?

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Any idea yet as to where these toys are supposed to fit categorically in our collections? Omega Supreme could be intended to represent his Fall of Cybertron self, or his Generation 1 self. Is that Ultra Magnus for the Prime line, or is this Hasbro's idea of a proper "Classics" Magnus? Is that Optimus Prime supposed to be Energon Prime, or some other new/old incarnation now?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I need me one of those 'Keep Calm and Roll Out' t-shirts! :D

I've got Omega Supreme sat in my Pile of Loot and I'm not regretting it at all. Optimus I have no place for in my collection, and while I ended up passing on the Weaponizer Optimus figure, I may be persuaded to get this Platinum Magnus even if Hasbro is taking the piss with the size of those shoulders. #-o
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Manterax Prime » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 am

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Wolfman Jake wrote:Any idea yet as to where these toys are supposed to fit categorically in our collections? Omega Supreme could be intended to represent his Fall of Cybertron self, or his Generation 1 self. Is that Ultra Magnus for the Prime line, or is this Hasbro's idea of a proper "Classics" Magnus? Is that Optimus Prime supposed to be Energon Prime, or some other new/old incarnation now?

TFWiki made a very good point regarding this. Since Optimus combines with Omega, who is clearly the WFC/Prime Omega, then Optimus is his TF Prime version. And that Magnus is clearly from the Prime continuity as well.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Those are good points, though, now I wonder why a retool of a $30 Prime mold would be added to a premium collectors' line instead of placed alongside similarly sized and priced toys in a current retail line. Why not release "Weaponizer" Magnus with the new Optimus and Bumblebee versions for Beast Hunters?

Another point to consider, is now that we have Metroplex on the horizon, are we THAT sure that Platinum Omega Supreme is definitively his WFC representation and not a neo-G1/Classics rendition? I don't see Fall of Cybertron emblazened on the box for Omega Supreme. The new claw arm does not make that Energon mold look any closer to his WFC character model, while it does, with the new paint apps and head sculpt, help evoke his G1 self rather well, but with a modern update, as has been the mission statement of Classics designs for the past several years. Also remember that WFC was designed to be heavily G1-inspired BEFORE Hasbro decided to make that fiction the basis for their modern Transformers continuity moving forward. Metroplex was also heavily featured in the Fall of Cybertron game, he but could easily pass for a Classics version, especially with that "vehicle carrier" mode that looks suspiciously terrestrial. I don't think his box has any call-outs to FoC either, just the 30th Anniversary celebration.

I guess we'll know more when the toy bios are revealed, but they will probably be kept very ambiguous, as usual.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wolfman Jake wrote:I guess we'll know more when the toy bios are revealed, but they will probably be kept very ambiguous, as usual.

The greatest part of that? Repurposing ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:Another point to consider, is now that we have Metroplex on the horizon, are we THAT sure that Platinum Omega Supreme is definitively his WFC representation and not a neo-G1/Classics rendition?
Omega's toy bio makes explicit reference to Aligned Omega Supreme's character more than any other Omega Supreme.

Metroplex's bio makes him seem more like IDW Metroplex than anything else, despite his design being a more original one than like how IDW Metroplex looks (who resembles his G1 toy, but I wouldn't be surprised if IDW started drawing their Metroplex to look like the Titan Class toy)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ICE CREAM MAN #32 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 MAY220234 32B (CA) Wijngaard (W)Prince"
ICE CREAM MAN #32 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #1 Image Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Larsen 220817A"
SAVAGE DRAGON #1 I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #12 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 APR210167 12C (W) Kirkman (CA) Lee"
FIRE POWER #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #337 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 OCT220216 337B (W) McConville (CA) Toledano"
SPAWN #337 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #343 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230291 343B (W) McConville (CA) Kibar"
SPAWN #343 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131B"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #12 Cvr G Image Comics 2021 APR210171 12G (W) Kirkman (CA) Zonjic"
FIRE POWER #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230281 344A (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM324 27B (CA) Vargas"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131E"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr N 1:100 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223281 1N (CA) Lee"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #15 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220297 15B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #15 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAHA #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 APR210294 6A (A/CA) Morazzo+O'Halloran (W)Prince"
HAHA #6 Cvr A Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON