This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Sandstorm in the Works?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Sandstorm in the Works?

Postby Samsonator » Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Pretty impressive, you can scarcely tell that was Springer at any point. Had two G1 Sandstorms growing up, so the character needed to find a way back to my shelves, I think this is that way.
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby STngAR » Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 am

Weapon: No Weapon
So many figures I have to catch up on and now I have to add this to the list. :MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby Eagleblaster » Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 am

This figure looks alright. It has a lot of stuff going on with it. The way the wings become rear wheels is smart.
I originally was going to get Sringer but I just cancelled my preorder. See, I got to remember that these figures that are coming out this year cant compare to the toys from the movie line (the good figures of course). Only molds I like are Titan Metroplex and mp-17 and mp-19 so far this year.
Dotm voyager Megatron and dotm voyager skyhammer are better. And are what you call Awesome.
But over all, there is still a chance I pick this one up if it turns out to better than Springer. Oh and plus it looks like it doesn't have them big gaps on the hood in car mood like Springer.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Sun May 12, 2013 11:25 am

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
HAHA I totally called it. I knew they would use the ducted rotors as wheels.
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby craggy » Sun May 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Blitzwing as Flywheels...

And Springer as Battletrap, before their Duocon split. ;)

JelZe, you never cease to amaze me.

I seriously forgot about Battletrap, don't know why.

because Battletrap has had less interesting impact on the fiction than Scrounge, whereas Flywheels is in 2 of the best comic stories ever, and is awesome in them both?

but yeah, I'll take a Springer repainted as Battletrap next year maybe.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Sideswipe jr. » Sun May 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Motto: "As long as our Autobot brothers die, freedom will never perish."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
:grin: :shock: :grin: Holy crap! Hard to believe this is coming from the same company who got rid of first edition prime figures, and used the least amount of plastic as possible on 2012 figures. THANK YOU SO MUCH HASBRO! We are going to be okay guys! :lol:
Sideswipe jr.
Mini-Con
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Eagleblaster » Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Also, I see that these new triple chngers are supposed to be some kind of transformers toy line greatness but they have Qc issues. Maybe this New Sandstorm actually pegs in in all the right places unlike blitzwing and springer. One thing about the good movie figures is that they all peged in and stayed in place so that you could play with them and pose them. Dotm voyager Megatro, dotm voyager skyhammer, rotf voyager mindwipe, rotf bludgeon all peg in and stay tightly transformed and are fully poseble.

Over there thanking Hasbro for figures with Qc issues. I see that if I pick up Springer in his car mode he might unpeg and And you need to perform surgery on Blitzwing for him to stay together.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby ThunderThruster » Sun May 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Actually, I've heard plenty of reports of live action movie figures that don't peg together properly, so I'd rather that you didn't berate this just because you prefer the live action figures over this.
Yes Blitzwing has some issues with his shoulders, and even that is in varying degree from figure to figure, and some issue with the rubbery nosecone, but aside from that it functions as it was engineered to do, and as for Springer, I haven't heard of any issues other than peoples opinions that he ought to have thicker legs, which is opinion not a QC issue!
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby craggy » Sun May 12, 2013 2:22 pm

ThunderThruster wrote:Actually, I've heard plenty of reports of live action movie figures that don't peg together properly, so I'd rather that you didn't berate this just because you prefer the live action figures over this.
Yes Blitzwing has some issues with his shoulders, and even that is in varying degree from figure to figure, and some issue with the rubbery nosecone, but aside from that it functions as it was engineered to do, and as for Springer, I haven't heard of any issues other than peoples opinions that he ought to have thicker legs, which is opinion not a QC issue!

I can't wait to get both Springer and Blitzwing, but Optibotmus' review did see him take issue with the way some of Springer's bits fit together for vehicle modes. Doesn't seem like a lot of it pegs together. I am definitely not saying that the movie toys are better, because...of the few I've got there are a lot of parts I'm never sure if they're in the right place, in some cases I'm not sure there is a right place, but it doesn't seem Blitzwing and Springer are immune to some curious QC and/or design problems. Kind of like the majority of Transformers toys. We could all give examples of designs that we're not 100% happy with. Heck there are probably people out there with gripes about RTS Jazz or TFP First Edition Starscream and I think those are two of the nicest TFs ever.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby Eagleblaster » Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm

craggy wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:Actually, I've heard plenty of reports of live action movie figures that don't peg together properly, so I'd rather that you didn't berate this just because you prefer the live action figures over this.

I can't wait to get both Springer and Blitzwing, but Optibotmus' review did see him take issue with the way some of Springer's bits fit together for vehicle modes. Doesn't seem like a lot of it pegs together. I am definitely not saying that the movie toys are better, because...of the few I've got there are a lot of parts I'm never sure if they're in the right place, in some cases I'm not sure there is a right place, but it doesn't seem Blitzwing and Springer are immune to some curious QC and/or design problems. Kind of like the majority of Transformers toys. We could all give examples of designs that we're not 100% happy with. Heck there are probably people out there with gripes about RTS Jazz or TFP First Edition Starscream and I think those are two of the nicest TFs ever.

Being able to fully successfully transform properly is what makes it a Transformer. Us as money spending Transformers fans cant praise Hasbro for figures that dont peg in. Thats Not Good.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby craggy » Sun May 12, 2013 4:58 pm

but they do transform fully. they just don't necessarily stay that way for very long.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby Eagleblaster » Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm

craggy wrote:but they do transform fully. they just don't necessarily stay that way for very long.

Lol, they are Display only transformers aka DoT.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby g1grimlock » Sun May 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Motto: "Assumption leads to destruction."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
That looks amazing but are we going to also get a Legends Sandstorm?
Me Grimlock want sandwich now!
g1grimlock
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun May 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
OH. MY. GOD.

AWESOMENESS.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby El Duque » Sun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Transformers facebook page has now officially revealed Transformers Generations Voyager Class Sandstorm. We got an early sneak peek at the figure in in robot and armored dune buggy early this morning. Now we get a look at his VTOL air vehicle mode!

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby fenrir72 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
:shock:

pre ordered the Tomy versions. Once this gets solicited.....I am so getting him!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby njb902 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm not sure I care for the tire rotors.
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Mindmaster » Sun May 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Yes.

....Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OH YES, INDEED
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Mindmaster wrote:Yes.

....Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OH YES, INDEED
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Sun May 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Yes.

That's what I was going for. ;)

But seriously, as a military enthusiast, Hasbro can't make this any better, it's so gorgeous. =P~
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Looks delicious.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
Robot mode looks like it'll be incredibly backheavy, but the whole package looks great.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Am I the only one thinking this awesome Sandstorm could be repainted into an even better Skyhammer?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skyhammer_%28G1%29

He's obscure enough that it'd probably come from FunPub rather than Hasbro, but with the original Ultra Pretender toys falling victim to gold-plastic-syndrome, he could use a sturdy update.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Bumblevivisector wrote:Am I the only one thinking this awesome Sandstorm could be repainted into an even better Skyhammer?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skyhammer_%28G1%29

He's obscure enough that it'd probably come from FunPub rather than Hasbro, but with the original Ultra Pretender toys falling victim to gold-plastic-syndrome, he could use a sturdy update.

That'd...actually work. It'd feel like they were milking the mold a bit too much (if it was a retail release), but I digress; incredible idea.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #50 Cvr C IDW Comics 2015 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AUG190779 50C"
TMNT #50 Cvr C IDW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL230329 10C (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220583 2A (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics JUN230422 (CA) Photo"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr E 1:50 Boom Studios Comics MAY230346 110E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #123 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Ninja Turtles SEP210474 123RI Pitre-Durocher"
TMNT #123 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 1E AUG230230 GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #99 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AUG190778 99A"
TMNT #99 Cover A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220383 3A (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano 230103A"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr B Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231656 (W)Walsh (A/CA)Legostaev"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Best of KARAI #1 IDW Comics 2023 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles MAY231419"
TMNT Best of KARAI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230250 5H (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR THE RETURN #1 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230115 1D Florentino"
NEW!
MMPR THE RETURN #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON