This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw & Starscream

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw & Starscream

Postby El Duque » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor Kapow! Toys has provided pictorial reviews of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 2's Ripclaw and Starscream, both are brand new molds. Check out the reviews below.

Beast Hunters Deluxe Ripclaw

The 2nd Deluxe Size Predacon from Wave 2 of Beast Hunters hits and its a girl!!! Looking about as feminine as a dump truck Ripclaw stand approx the same height as Lazerback and that's where the similarity ends. Ripclaw has a very nice dragon mode where you can ''stiffen'' the tail up by pulling it and clipping it into the gold section which sits just below her lower back area, the tip which forms the main weapon in robot mode can then be attached and used to grab onto unsuspecting Autobots. If you just want the tail dragging on the floor you simply unclip it and the slack is returned.

Robot mode is okay but then I was never a Beast Wars fan and did score Beast Hunters Starscream higher than Smokescreen so what do I know she has decent articulation with hinged elbows, ball joint shoulders, ball joint hips and hinge knees. The head is far too static and only just looks up out of the crevice in the chest. The tail is too heavy to display over head as it makes the robot topple over. That said she is another nice addition to the line and I've picked it up specifically for the dragon and not bot mode so am completely happy.

Overall Ripclaw scores 7.5 / 10

Beast Hunters Deluxe Starscream

When pics of this guy first surfaced reaction was mixed, having him in hand makes for a nice surprise in that he's not rubbish but is he any good ? read on!

First impressions make me think Divebomb and not Starscream, apart from the head this guy is very different to the FE and RID Voyager molds and makes for a very nice figure. He is small but that is par for the course these days however the capture claw weapon is MASSIVE and does drown the figure slightly when sitting on the forearm or in hand.

Articulation is very nice, the open pose hands we have come to expect from a seeker are present and correct as is a lack of waist swivel which is slightly annoying but again this is due to the transformation and the way parts slide about and fold up. Jet more is nice but nothing special, you can have him with or without the claw, I personally prefer with as it gives him some extra bulk and does not look to obtrusive.

Again not an essential purchase if you own the FE or Voyager but a worthy purchase and a good toy, we score Starscream 8/10

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw & Starscream

Postby Nemesis Destron » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I for one see the coolness to this SS. But whether I get this one or the Takara release that long arm thing is going right back into the garbage. I know that's where it came from damn it! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
They give Smokescreen a score of 7.5 yet Starscream an 8? Fools! They will pay the ultimate price! :evil:
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Erailea » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 pm

For some reason Ripclaw reminds me of American Dragon: Jake Long...
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Erailea wrote:For some reason Ripclaw reminds me of American Dragon: Jake Long...

Yeah, I think I see what you're getting at. I'm not digging her robot mode head sculpt much, but I guess she's not meant to be the pretty one. I envision a small army of Ripclaws with (hopefully) a Ser-Ket as leader.

As with Bulkhead, I like the design of BH Starscream. Colours are a bit naff, but the design is good. While a deluxe Starscrema does make more sense than a deluxe Bulkhead, still can't shake the feeling he's too small.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Sodan-1 wrote:I envision a small army of Ripclaws with (hopefully) a Ser-Ket as leader.

I only see that happening if Shockwave clones Ser-Ket, since she's already dead. But with the writers' rule of keeping a character dead after death, I could only imagine a Ser-Ket lookalike with a new moniker, similarly to the case of Backbite & Skystalker.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby RAcast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
I REALLY hope that we get this Starscream mold is a color scheme that isn't complete garbage. It has a ton of potential.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Henry921 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I envision a small army of Ripclaws with (hopefully) a Ser-Ket as leader.

I only see that happening if Shockwave clones Ser-Ket, since she's already dead. But with the writers' rule of keeping a character dead after death, I could only imagine a Ser-Ket lookalike with a new moniker, similarly to the case of Backbite & Skystalker.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a Ser-Ket mold anyway, just because it'd be a straight redeco of an existing figure. Hasbro will make it, ship 1-2 per case, and a few diehards will buy it so they can relive the glory days of the comic.

And as we could very well end up with three versions of the Lazerback mold, I would be shocked if we didn't get Ser-Ket as well.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Mkall » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Henry921 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:

I'm pretty sure we'll get a Ser-Ket mold anyway, just because it'd be a straight redeco of an existing figure. Hasbro will make it, ship 1-2 per case, and a few diehards will buy it so they can relive the glory days of the comic.

And as we could very well end up with three versions of the Lazerback mold, I would be shocked if we didn't get Ser-Ket as well.

Agreed, it's no coincidence that the comic and hasbro toy look completely identical.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby rpetras » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I like the candy colored dragon thingy, but the Starscream reminds me of everything I hated about G2.

I'm gonna be pretty picky about this line.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Has anyone else noticed Starscream's big purple wang? I can't not look at it.

I may get it just for the hilarity of pointing that out to people.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Axelbro » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 am

ripclaw is very awesome first time when i saw her i knew that she would be a fembot and starscream is cool as well finally he has a red crest i will be so mad if he in this season will have a grey one
Axelbro
Mini-Con
Watch Axelbro on YouTube

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #8 Cvr C IDW Comics 2017 8C (CA) Whalen (W) Sitterson 230227"
GI JOE #8 Cvr C ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518A 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10RI (CA) Tinto (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JUL200572 3A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON