This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Regeneraion One #89 Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Regeneraion One #89 Preview

Postby El Duque » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Our friends at IDW Publishing have provided us with a preview for Transformers: Regeneration One #89, due to hit shelves this Wednesday. Be sure to swing by your local shop or download your copy on March 13th, for now enjoy the preview below.

Transformers: Regeneration One #89
Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman (a) • Wildman, Guido Guidi (c)
DINOBOT WAR! Happy reunions are in short supply as Grimlock seeks out his Dinobots in a desperate attempt to salvage something from the mounting carnage in Iacon. But as far as they’re concerned, he’s a traitor who has brought shame on the Dinobot name—and if they’re going down, he’s coming with them!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant Cover:
Geoff Senior variant cover!

Bullet points:
The story of the original TRANSFORMERS comics continues in full force!
Non-stop action as only the classic team of Furman & Wildman can deliver!

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers: Regeneraion One #89 Preview

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Can't wait to get my copy. I hope the story picks up a bit, though. Also, the art seems a bit sloppy when it comes to the Dinobots compared to before. Hot Rod and Scorponok still look sharp. I hope he picks the Covenant, if he must choose. We'll see...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Henry921 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Waiting on the TPB, but liking the story so far. Always interested to learn about the intricacies of Cybertronian tech. Hopefully we'll learn more about the Covenant of Primus while we're at it! :-B
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I was re-reading the other issues prior to this, last night, and I really want to know what goes on! The choice is a fairly hard one for Hot Rod, even in this more doubtful incarnation of his (doubtful in the sense of the character having more doubts than, say, the more rash Rodimus in MTMTE).

And I really want to see some Shockwave love.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Blurrz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Knowledge or Power?

(Spoiler free, just ask mind-controlled Perceptor)

The Transformers: Regeneration One is nearing its half-point in its twenty issue tenure. Much has happened in the previous issues, unfortunately to the chagrin of the Autobots. Always outgunned and out-manned, the odds are against them as Scorponok's Gene Key has made its way throughout the majority of their forces. RGO #89 is not the most face paced issue of the series, however it helps connect the dots and raise the bar for issues to come. While a handful of characters make their appearances in one page snippets, the issue mainly focuses on Grimlock and Hot Rod.

Grimlock has been a rather overused character in recent months ever since the release of Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron. I appreciate that RGO has shed a different light on the character of Grimlock, as he is more independent and critical of his actions. This is much better rather than being the unintelligent, animalistic one-dimensional goof he has been in other Transformers Media. Sure, he may show signs of that behavior, but it isn't a gimmick. The same could be said about the other Dinobots, as they are not being used as a gimmick, rather I feel that they have a personality that is unique to themselves.

Looking at Hot Rod, he is a character, regardless of whatever Transformers series it is, that I love to follow. All of the action seems to surround him, and that does not differ in RGO #89. This issue he faces a choice between two relics from Cybertron's past. The way that this scene is done artistically, and dialogue wise is a very nice touch and probably the highlight of this issue for me.

In other character camps, we have appearances by Optimus Prime and Shockwave as well as Ultra Magnus and his crew. Scorponok's plans and the events that occure in #89 are setting up the upcoming issues for some intense action.

Transformers: Regeneration One #89 is available today, and if you are a fan of the series, there is no doubt that you will be happy with this issue.

:CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: out of :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON:
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Mkall » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Honestly I'm liking this series far more than I was expecting. It has enough of the campy dialog and random plot maguffins that harken back to the original series.

MTMTE is still my favourite series though.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Henry921 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:14 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Mkall wrote:Honestly I'm liking this series far more than I was expecting. It has enough of the campy dialog and random plot maguffins that harken back to the original series.

MTMTE is still my favourite series though.

I knew I was gonna like this series when I read 80.5. Probably the only time a free comic book had an important plot point for the rest of the series.

Hot Rod's story arc isn't the most interesting subplot, but I love the current take on Scorponok. Looking forward to more of that, though he'll probably be dealt with by the end of this arc... shame. Still, at least a lot happens in the space of each story.

I'm getting this in TPB format but what I've seen is tremendously promising.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers STORMBRINGER #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 2B (W) Furman (A/CA) Figueroa"
Transformers STORM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926J"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 1A (A/CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAZINGER Z vs TRANSFORMERS TPB Comic Book Villagebooks Japan Manga NEW 231208G"
MAZINGER Z vs TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200535 24B (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS #24 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2RIA"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JAN200704 7A (W) Maggs (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON