This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: BotCon 2013 Updates, Allotments, Artist Alley, and more

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Clever, making the jets look like the original MW toys. Especially the larger Starscream one look menacing.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Henry921 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That's a very cool spread. Wish the comic had used this art style.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby griftimus prime » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
loving the anime metal shine look. but whats with the air show?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
griftimus prime wrote:loving the anime metal shine look. but whats with the air show?

If I saw an air show like that I'd be like *CENSORED*, as they're the Clones.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Gearslide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
Well, that's definitely Hubcap and Mirage on the Left of Hoist and Thundercracker on the right of Skywarp.

I love how the disjointed-ness of the molds of this Botcon are what binds them together.

Classics for Mirage, and the Rainmakers
Generations for Hoist (and Electro), and Strika (and Blastcharge)
Revenge of the Fallen for Skywarp (and Thundercracker)
Autobot Alliance (Transformers 2010 toyline) for Obsidian, and Starscream
Dark of the Moon for Sandstorm
Prime: Robots in Disguise for Megaplex

The question is, with all these molds and figures...

What happened to Optimus, Megatron, Prowl, Hubcap and Soundwave? I haven't seen them confirmed at all. They're the only figures missing from the entire Machine Wars line.

I guess maybe Hubcap got his name changed to Electro though? Considering what Electro looks like?
Last edited by Gearslide on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gearslide
Combiner
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gearslide wrote:What happened to Optimus, Megatron, Prowl and Soundwave? I haven't seen them confirmed at all. They're the only figures missing from the entire Machine Wars line.

They most likely aren't receiving their own exclusives. But, despite the general dislike for such a move, I wouldn't mind seeing Soundwave from Reveal the Shield Perceptor.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Gearslide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Gearslide wrote:What happened to Optimus, Megatron, Prowl and Soundwave? I haven't seen them confirmed at all. They're the only figures missing from the entire Machine Wars line.

They most likely aren't receiving their own exclusives. But, despite the general dislike for such a move, I wouldn't mind seeing Soundwave from Reveal the Shield Perceptor.

I would dig it. Would keep things in a nice scale, versus the behemoth that is Cybertron Red Alert.
Gearslide
Combiner

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gearslide wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

I would dig it. Would keep things in a nice scale, versus the behemoth that is Cybertron Red Alert.

Considering I don't even own that certain mold, I'd dig it as well.

As for Optimus and Megatron, if it were not for the limitations placed on Unicron Trilogy molds due to their usefulness wrought out, I would have suggested Energon Rodimus and Starscream, respectively.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Gearslide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Considering I don't even own that certain mold, I'd dig it as well.

As for Optimus and Megatron, if it were not for the limitations placed on Unicron Trilogy molds due to their usefulness wrought out, I would have suggested Energon Rodimus and Starscream, respectively.

Thing is, for Megatron at least, as soon as I saw Megaplex, I kinda figured they would just use that mold painted differently for Bucket head, considering that Megaplex is his clone (Same thing with Prowl being an easy repaint from the Mirage mold they're already using).

As for Optimus, I could easily see the Beast Hunters Voyager Prime mold used for him. Just repaint all the blue bits Dark Grey, add some Grey to the front of the cab, nix the sword, and you have a great Machine Wars O.P. He even has the mouth and chunky legs that Machine Wars Prime had.
Last edited by Gearslide on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gearslide
Combiner

Postby Henry921 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Well, in storyline, this is still the Wings Universe, which follows from the G1 cartoon to a certain extent. The pre-show announcement of the fiction mentioned that both Optimus Prime and Galvatron are offline when Megaplex and his clone army attack, so there weren't going to be Optimus and Megatron/Galvatron toys anyway.

That said, I really wish we'd had a Soundwave, but the lack of a new head means there really isn't anything viable to redeco. At least Terradive kind of looks like Machine Wars Starscream if you squint.

Though the original Hoist head looked vaguely Soundwave-ish. Its final production sample... not so much.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Gearslide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Henry921 wrote:Well, in storyline, this is still the Wings Universe, which follows from the G1 cartoon to a certain extent. The pre-show announcement of the fiction mentioned that both Optimus Prime and Galvatron are offline when Megaplex and his clone army attack, so there weren't going to be Optimus and Megatron/Galvatron toys anyway.

That said, I really wish we'd had a Soundwave, but the lack of a new head means there really isn't anything viable to redeco. At least Terradive kind of looks like Machine Wars Starscream if you squint.

Though the original Hoist head looked vaguely Soundwave-ish. Its final production sample... not so much.

Too bad they couldn't use the e-hobby Magnificus head mold with the Perceptor body for Soundwave. That might pass for slightly Soundwave-ish.
Gearslide
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Gearslide wrote:Too bad they couldn't use the e-hobby Magnificus head mold with the Perceptor body for Soundwave. That might pass for slightly Soundwave-ish.
Maybe they still can. In a later, subsription service figure release. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Seibertron.com BotCon 2013 Meet-Up at Charlie's!

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
For all those Seibertron.com users who are currently enjoying the BotCon experience, why not meet up with fellow board members, including site owner Ryan (aka Seibertron himself!) and News Admin El Duque.

People will be meeting at Charlie's, part of the Town and Country resort, all evening and into the night. So pop by to say hi, meet old acquantainces and make new friends who share the same passion as you!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:52 pm

When are folks heading over? 7? 8?
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Someone needs to sneak up behind Soby for me, give him a big cuddly hug from behind and say "Burn says hi" in the creepiest voice possible.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Wish I could go. But any money I have would only cover the cost of getting there. Plus, I would not want to bore you guys with how my 2013 had me sell a chunk of my collection for more Encore pieces... And now selling my non-Headmaster stuff for more Headmasters. :-(

But despite that... I hope you guys had fun. :)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
KNM2012
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Metrosuplex » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Wish I could be there... but alas! Maybe next year. If only San Diego wasn't soooooo far away! :sad:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby allcody » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Alright, dumb question. Does anyone know about the current stock of souvenir sets or how I can find out if there are any left? Do you need to be pre-registered to pick some up? I'm planning to be there tomorrow (Saturday).
allcody
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

BotCon 2013 News: Golden Ticket Reception Gallery

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Seibertron was present at BotCon's Friday evening special Golden Ticket Reception at the Tiki Pavilion, which saw the likes of actor Glenn Morshower mingling with the fans and other guests. Take a look at the gallery here, or click on any of the images below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:11 am

Finally back, settled in, mostly unpacked, and on a computer!

Had a fantastic time! Many thanks to Joevill, Seibertron, El Duque, Agent Adam, James, the Captured Prey crew, Christian, and plenty of others whose names I don't remember because booze. No, seriously, that **** will make you forget stuff you never intended to forget.

It was a blast sharing stories, causing hijinx, and recording a... something? A podcast? Or a hilarious interlude to a future podcast? Either way, was a good time, but holy hell that will need some serious patience and editing ;)

Thanks again for a great time everyone, it's been a long time since cops broke up a party I was at.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Delbo 210309A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 301C 0923IM337 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YEARBOOK #2 IDW Comics 2021 APR210632 Lattie 230926V"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON