This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

GM Hopes Movie Will Transform Sales.

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

GM Hopes Movie Will Transform Sales.

Postby TheMuffin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
As if it wasn't obvious enough, General Motors hopes the Transformers Movie will help increase the sales of their automobiles. With the giant media blitz advertising both GM and Transformers, it's hard not to have a Chevy on your mind at the moment.

Yahoo! has posted a new article about GM, going into detail on how hard they are trying to appeal to a younger market, and how the Transformers Movie will help. A warning before reading the article. If you're not a fan of in your face product placement, a few of the quotes might make you cringe.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:09 pm

If I had money for the gas or gas efficient, the new Camero would be sweet.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby dragons » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:56 pm

if i had the money i wouldnt buy gm i just buy the cheapest and sfaest car there is not because the company puts there products in the films
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
"GM Hopes Movie Will Transform Sales."

Yeah...banking on the movie to do that, probably won't help much. Oh sure, a few fanboys (and I mean GM enthusiasts) will get rock hard and go right out and buy themselves a GMC Topkick to make up for what they lack in size.

However, most people will just see the film for what it is. A fun, out of this world diversion for 2.5 hours and think nothing more.

If GM really wanted to transform their sales, they'd actually make cars that ran worth a damn. I watched a guy pull into a store with a Chevy Cobalt (he bought it *THAT* afternoon, and by 10:30 that night when I was on shift)....it broke down, right there in the parking lot. The same friggin' day he bought it!

Granted, not all of their vehicles are crap (although my family has never had a good run in with anything labeled GM...) and the fact that any car can be a lemon...but come on. It died the same day the guy bought it? Are you kidding me?

No. Banking on this movie will only help for a few sales, but if you really want to rebuild your company...make a quality product, respect your employees (instead of trying to buy them out and leave them by the wayside), and make the product affordable.

I don't know about you, but I (along with many other people, not just TF collectors who have personal feelings invested in this) can't afford to spend the money they require for a basic car with no extras included.

Bank on something viable, something tangible and real. Not a movie that might make or break itself in the box office.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Not with me doing their advertising!

I keep stealing all the posters stickers and prop signs:)

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby TheMuffin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:47 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I'm with you Autobot32. I have an 06' Cobalt LS. While I like the car itself, it's a piece of crap overall. I've had it in the dealership 3 times already and it's not even two years old yet. And I have to take it back up there next week for a loud clunking noise when I hit bumps. It's like the damn shock isn't even bolted in anymore and it's clanking against the tab it gets bolted to. I swear they loosen something each time it's in so I have to keep taking it back. And then finally when the warranty is gone I'll have to start paying for things they intentionally broke. GM was so much better back in the 90's. My 95' Pontiac Sunfire only had one problem. And that was the fuel pump needing to be replaced in 2005. Ten years without a single problem...I crashed it soon after.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby osubot20 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:53 pm

I still won't buy a GM I like Mopars. HOWEVER I am looking to to buy my favorite car of all time a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 396.
osubot20
Mini-Con

Postby Energon_Skywarp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:22 pm

That might be easier for them to do if one of their most featured vehicles *cough* Camaro *cough* was actually available for purchase!!

So silly.

Other than that you have a Topkick ($60,000 +), a Hummer ($50,000) and a Solstice, which at around $25,000 is the most affordable of the bunch. Too many pricey vehicles to try to sell if you ask me.
Energon_Skywarp
Mini-Con

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:11 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I didn't realize this, but I was watching a making of 'The Island' tonight and Bay has had GM ties for quite awhile. They made him a concept car modle then too.

Nice to have the hookups...anything to support the American auto industry! Advertise away Bay, and HASBRO, get people to buy more GM (and Ford too) vehicles. Our economy needs support!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby KSC » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:22 pm

I love GM and I'm looking for anothe fan of cars to help me confim something

When Jazz scans the Soltice, on the showroom floor is another car sitting right next to it. Was that the Soltice's cousin the Saturn Sky?

For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, just look for this car in the aforementioned scene next time you see the film

KSC
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:02 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
The Solstice and the Sky are pretty much the same car, with slight modifications.

It's like the Cadillac pickup that shares the same body with the Chevy pickup. (can't think of the name right now.)

Or the GMC trucks that Sector 7 use, which are Chevy Suburbans.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby KSC » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:14 am

Trust me, I know all that! ;)

Sharing body types is very common. For instance the new Dodge Charger=Magnum=Chrysler300, Cobalt=Ion=HHR=Saab 9-3, Eclipse=Laser=Talon, the list goes on and on.

specifically though, there is a SKY in the dealership where Jazz scans the Soltice. I screamed it out when I saw it!
KSC
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:47 am

Autobot032 wrote:"GM Hopes Movie Will Transform Sales."

Yeah...banking on the movie to do that, probably won't help much. Oh sure, a few fanboys (and I mean GM enthusiasts) will get rock hard and go right out and buy themselves a GMC Topkick to make up for what they lack in size.

However, most people will just see the film for what it is. A fun, out of this world diversion for 2.5 hours and think nothing more.

If GM really wanted to transform their sales, they'd actually make cars that ran worth a damn. I watched a guy pull into a store with a Chevy Cobalt (he bought it *THAT* afternoon, and by 10:30 that night when I was on shift)....it broke down, right there in the parking lot. The same friggin' day he bought it!

Granted, not all of their vehicles are crap (although my family has never had a good run in with anything labeled GM...) and the fact that any car can be a lemon...but come on. It died the same day the guy bought it? Are you kidding me?

No. Banking on this movie will only help for a few sales, but if you really want to rebuild your company...make a quality product, respect your employees (instead of trying to buy them out and leave them by the wayside), and make the product affordable.

I don't know about you, but I (along with many other people, not just TF collectors who have personal feelings invested in this) can't afford to spend the money they require for a basic car with no extras included.

Bank on something viable, something tangible and real. Not a movie that might make or break itself in the box office.

I agree. The days of the General dominating are long-gone. Now it is Toyota who rules in sales, and their are several reasons for this. RELIABILITY is one.

But I do concede the Solstice/Sky are great-LOOKING cars. But they are a bit late to save GM.

But the Miata is a far better car.
YouFearGalvatron

Postby SunScourge » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 am

Motto: "" Perhaps this divine revelation has finally ceased your blasphemous prattle?" - Sunstorm"
Weapon: Short-Range Laser Pistols
No offense but I hate GM and GM companies ( Chevy/Ford/Dodge). If domestic cars were a little more reliabel and didn't eat up so much gas I may like them. But it's to late anyway I am a honda man until I die.
SunScourge
Mini-Con
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:05 am

Black and Red Scourge wrote:No offense but I hate GM and GM companies ( Chevy/Ford/Dodge). If domestic cars were a little more reliabel and didn't eat up so much gas I may like them. But it's to late anyway I am a honda man until I die.

Hondas are sublime. But don't forget Toyota, and Nissan!
YouFearGalvatron

Postby Davoux prime » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:39 am

GM shouldve had a limited autobot line set up for the movie and the new camaro should be out sooner than later. Since any volkswagen make (audi,lambo,bentley etc) was shut out in the new movie except for the old beetle I decided to do a little autobot homage to my car for a couple of car shows I was in last month.

Davoux prime
Mini-Con

Postby Algus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:49 am

I've been saving money for the camaro for awhile now. Though to be fair, I liked camaros a long time before the movie came out and would have bought one anyway. I was excited beyond belief when they announced they were going to put a new camaro out again.
Algus
Mini-Con

Postby SunScourge » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:29 am

Motto: "" Perhaps this divine revelation has finally ceased your blasphemous prattle?" - Sunstorm"
Weapon: Short-Range Laser Pistols
YouFearGalvatron wrote:
Black and Red Scourge wrote:No offense but I hate GM and GM companies ( Chevy/Ford/Dodge). If domestic cars were a little more reliabel and didn't eat up so much gas I may like them. But it's to late anyway I am a honda man until I die.

Hondas are sublime. But don't forget Toyota, and Nissan!

Oh yeah I got much love for my Japanese companies.
SunScourge
Mini-Con
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:20 am

Davoux prime wrote:GM shouldve had a limited autobot line set up for the movie and the new camaro should be out sooner than later. Since any volkswagen make (audi,lambo,bentley etc) was shut out in the new movie except for the old beetle I decided to do a little autobot homage to my car for a couple of car shows I was in last month.

Sweet man, that's just a regular Golf, right? Because the GTI has the red trim around a matte-black grille.

But the logo is a bit LARGE.

Still ma great little car.
YouFearGalvatron

Postby Davoux prime » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah its a golf or rabbit whatever its called these days (same car). And yes from that angle the logo is a little big but it was a last minute thing we pumped out so there was no going back haha.
Davoux prime
Mini-Con

Postby Riotflea » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:41 pm

They have a classic rock station on where I work 9 hours a day.

The commercials made me wince in pain.

In one, a chick is asking the dealer if the car she's looking at has "energon cannons" and a guy asks if it runs on "allspark cube".

Oh,there's much more, but that's all my brain could handle retaining of the gut-wrenching squareness.
Riotflea
Headmaster Jr

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON