This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Anyone have any info on this Cancelled DOTM Soundwave repaint of Soundblaster?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Anyone have any info on this Soundwave repaint?

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 08, 2013 10:26 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Transformers Hoarder wrote:That got serious...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230976077994?ss ... fresh=true

Wow, glad I got mine when I did!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Anyone have any info on this Cancelled DOTM Soundwave repaint of Soundblaster?

Postby El Duque » Wed May 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of eBay seller lena81822 we get a look at the unreleased Transformers: Dark of the Moon Deluxe Soundblaster. The figure was intended to be part of the MechTech Deluxe Wave 7 "Movie Trilogy", which would have also included a Bumblebee redeco, a Rachet redeco, and Wheeljack redeco with new head mold. The only figure to ever see the light of day from the "Movie Trilogy" line being the Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer. The seller seems to have supply of these, so hopefully additional images of the figure posed in robot mode will surface soon.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Anyone have any info on this Cancelled DOTM Soundwave repaint of Soundblaster?

Postby MarkNL » Wed May 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Motto: "The past is my present"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Stupid question maybe, but was that Wheeljack ever released?
I was a bit stunned when I saw him here...
"Adventure is my middle name!"
"Go your own way"
MarkNL
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch MarkNL on YouTube
Alt Mode: Aston Martin DB9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed May 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Mark(NL) wrote:Stupid question maybe, but was that Wheeljack ever released?
I was a bit stunned when I saw him here...

DotM Wheeljack was only released by Hasbro in Asia, and in Japan by TakaraTomy under the name "Autobot Que".

If you indeed saw that Wheeljack in Holland (in a Bart Smit I'm assuming), it's probably overstock being imported for cheap. Bart Smit has imported Japanese Movie Decepticon figures a few years back, so it can be anything. My local ones are all cleared out though. :-(
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby D-340 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow, they were planning a Soundwave repaint, and the original never hit stores. At least by me. I'd like to get my hands on a movie Soundwave.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
These were the DOTM Deluxe toys people wanted, yet they were held back towards the end of the line while earlier waves got figures that shelfwarmed to death (and in some place still do to this day). :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby stevescustoms » Wed May 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I can't stand that they take an existing figure, darken the colors and change the name. Atleast with G1 Goldbug we got a whole new figure for the character.
stevescustoms
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm

stevescustoms wrote:I can't stand that they take an existing figure, darken the colors and change the name. Atleast with G1 Goldbug we got a whole new figure for the character.

Except this would have been named "Soundwave", not "Soundblaster".

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby RAcast » Wed May 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
stevescustoms wrote:I can't stand that they take an existing figure, darken the colors and change the name. Atleast with G1 Goldbug we got a whole new figure for the character.

Didn't the original Soundblaster and Twincast have remolded doors or something?
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby DEMEXICONZ » Wed May 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Motto: "I AM... MEGATRON... YOU BITCH!!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
:shock: whoa went for almost $150 huh.... >:oP dont want i imported the silver one tho that head color looks freaking awsome!!
DEMEXICONZ
Micromaster
Buy from DEMEXICONZ on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Wed May 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
DEMEXICONZ wrote::shock: whoa went for almost $150 huh.... >:oP dont want i imported the silver one tho that head color looks freaking awsome!!

No, the last one went for $200 not including shipping.
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
Strength: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Rated X » Wed May 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
My Bayformer collecting days are over. I barely touched the 3rd movie line.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby KirbyForce1 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:44 pm

This guy had an ultra ultra rare canceled figure from a line that was never released, and then he just sold it to some guy on ebay. I can't believe someone would do something like that. It breaks my heart to see something so precious go to waste. You could say that figure was in a G1 Unicron status.
KirbyForce1
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Watch KirbyForce1 on YouTube

Postby RAcast » Wed May 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
KirbyForce1 wrote:This guy had an ultra ultra rare canceled figure from a line that was never released, and then he just sold it to some guy on ebay. I can't believe someone would do something like that. It breaks my heart to see something so precious go to waste. You could say that figure was in a G1 Unicron status.

I think that's a bit of a stretch, lol. This guy obviously had a case of these things (he's been posting them for a couple weeks). They must have made it through production before being canceled, so they never got packaged. That or he (or someone he knows) stole them from whatever warehouse they're being stored in.

TL;DR: It's hardly "G1 Unicron." Dotm Soundwave got produced, just not released in North America (it and Que even shelfwarmed, if I recall correctly), but the redeco never saw release, but was obviously made.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Speed: 6

Postby Dagon » Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I really don't like the movie toy general look, all lanky and panely, but I must say, this toy looks pretty nice. It's too bad it wasn't domestically released.....I'd have liked to see some more pictures of it.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Wed May 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
RAcast wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Didn't the original Soundblaster and Twincast have remolded doors or something?

Yeah. Both Soundblaster and Twincast were retooled slightly so they could store up to two cassettes. Otherwise, the only other differences from their parent molds were the decos.

KirbyForce1 wrote:This guy had an ultra ultra rare canceled figure from a line that was never released, and then he just sold it to some guy on ebay. I can't believe someone would do something like that. It breaks my heart to see something so precious go to waste. You could say that figure was in a G1 Unicron status.

Care to specify?

Rated X wrote:My Bayformer collecting days are over. I barely touched the 3rd movie line.

Same deal. I didn't even look in their general direction, much less touch 'em, I was so disappointed by the line's collective gimmick. The only one I legitimately thought was a good one was the Japanese version of Air Raid (minus the MechTech weapon, of course).
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby SkyWarpsGhost » Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 am

Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
I wonder how many the seller has? As they have listed another.
Glad I got mine when I did, as the last auction to end was getting up to nearly twice as much as I paid for mine.
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Sentinel Prime
moc-kreo-legoformer-sentinel-prime-t98257.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Nemesis Prime v2
moc-kreo-legoformer-nemesis-prime-v2-t97374s100.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Dotm Megatron
moc-kreo-legoformer-megatron-t97289.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Prime and Magnus
transforming-legokreoformer-optimus-magnus-t94770s200.php
SkyWarpsGhost
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Thu May 09, 2013 6:11 am

He has listed a new starting bid of $100.00 vs $60 that he has used in the past. As for how many he has, that would be interesting to know. I do believe they are the only ones that carry them though after my extensive searching.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230978123940?redirect=mobile
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender

Postby noctorro » Thu May 09, 2013 7:59 am

I haz the Soundwave and Que, Soundwave's great, better then the Human Alliance in my opinion.

Not to crazy of my Que's colours and head, the Wheeljack version looks a lot better.

Damn, I didn't know Bart Smit had them, otherwise I wouldn't have to buy them online.
I got them for a good price when they were just listed so no big loss here.

I just whish they didn't use the 2 leader slots on Bumblebee and Ironhide but on Megatron and Shockwave.

Otherwise the DOTM line isn't to bad, just the worst of the 3 movie lines :D
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 am

noctorro wrote:Damn, I didn't know Bart Smit had them, otherwise I wouldn't have to buy them online.
I got them for a good price when they were just listed so no big loss here.

I never said that, merely that it would be a possibility however unlikely it may be. All I saw in overstock was Autobot Armor Topspin, so at least Dark Steel, Air Raid and possibly Track Battle Roadbuaster could have been sighted elsewhere as well. Anything beyond those waves is still possible, but in the air.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby ScottyP » Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 am

Canceled stuff makes it onto ebay quite frequently. Wouldn't it be more of a waste for the seller to hold onto the samples they have?
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Dean ML » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 am

There were a lot of disappointments for me with the DotM line, namely no leader Megs or Shockwave, no deluxe Dino, no legends Lazerbeak, and no voyager Dreds. Could've done with a new voyager Ratchet mold, too. So many missed opportunities. However, after finally giving in and importing deluxe Soundwave, Que, and Leadfoot, and ordering Amazon's Jetwing Prime, slapping them all with Reprolabels, I think my DotM shelves look REALLY impressive now. On one shelf I have deluxe BB facing off against deluxe Soundwave, while deluxe Ratchet and Que face off again deluxe Barricade. On the other, I have deluxe Sideswipe facing off against leader Sentinel Prime while Jetwing Prime and all three wrechers charge in for backup.

My opinion is that the DotM line is not as good as RotF due to smaller sizes, MechTech gimmick, fewer paint apps, and that the line really is incomplete. But the only DotM molds I have that I'm not crazy about are Roadbuster and Soundwave. It really bugs me that they have back kibble that hangs down to their knees. TF engineers are better than that. Really happy with everything else that I have from the line, though. Voyager Ironhide is really underrated.
Dean ML
Fuzor

Postby Seibertron » Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Transformers Hoarder wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Any info on where to nab one of these OP?

I'm working on it as we speak.

I'd like to know as well. It'd be great to add this figure to the galleries here on Seibertron.com for everyone to enjoy.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby ScottyP » Thu May 09, 2013 11:22 am

Seibertron wrote:
Transformers Hoarder wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Any info on where to nab one of these OP?

I'm working on it as we speak.

I'd like to know as well. It'd be great to add this figure to the galleries here on Seibertron.com for everyone to enjoy.

I bought mine on ebay from the seller whose auctions have been linked in this thread. If you message them directly, you can probably arrange a BiN (that is what I did).

Alternately, I'll be glad to lend it to you once I get it and take my own pics :) Hit me up on PM if you wanna do that.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Sat May 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Looks like I got my hands on #056. Those of you who also get your hands on one please post your numbered Soundblaster here.

Transformers Hoarder
Pretender

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON