This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com

Postby Seibertron » Tue May 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Earlier today, several new features were rolled out on Seibertron.com to make it easier for you to engage with other members in the Seibertron.com community.

New Energon Pub Forum features:

When Seibertron.com members respond to topics to which you have subscribed, you will now receive notifications for each reply regardless if you have returned to the forums. If you prefer to keep this setting the way that it was, you can go to your User Control Panel on the forums to adjust these settings.

Just go to User Control Panel -> Board Prefernces -> Edit Post notification options

or you can go directly to these settings, if you are logged in, by clicking on the following link: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/ucp.php?i=boardwatch&mode=boardwatch

The email notifications will now include the message that was recently posted in the topic so that you don't have to visit Seibetron.com at this time. This will also be helpful for mobile users who use our sightings forums and are out on the hunt. In addition, the email notifications now have a link that will allow you to directly reply to a the message you received which will allow you to skip a step.

New News Section features:

To the right of the primary image for each news story, there are now several options. "View Discussion" takes you to the beginning of the forum topic. For our members there are a couple of additional options. "Reply" takes you to the page where you can reply to the news topic, and "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe" allows you to manage topic reply notifications for this news topic. These are similar functions that you will find directly in our forums but have been absent (until now) from our news section, which is a custom extension of our forums.

-------------------------

If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please let us know by replying to this topic. Thank you for being a part of Seibertron.com. We appreciate all of you contributing to this massive Transformers fansite!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com

Postby waaaaghlord » Wed May 08, 2013 11:10 am

What a bloody stupid idea to have that as the default. Turned straight off after the amount of email notifications sat waiting for me after work today, and other than the UK thread I'm hardly ever on here any more. I dread to think how much spam this is generating for more active users.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com

Postby Trikeboy » Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 pm

As Waaaaghlord said, why was this changed and made the default option? I now have hundreds of emails to delete because this site is spamming my inbox. Surly an opt in process would have been better. My post count isn't so high but I can only imagine how others with post counts in five figures would be feeling right about now.

I get the reason you did this but you should have gave a fair amount of warning before the switch over so we could have prepared and opted out.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to return to deleting emails.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Superwheeljack » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Motto: "The problem with loyalty to a cause is, that the cause will always betray you"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
As they mentioned, these are becomming spam. I respect the people who run the site, but my email is now saying most of them are spam. I now have over 100 unread messages. It's getting on my nerves.
"This isn't how the story's supposed to end."
—Smokescreen giving a middle finger to the tried and true leadership inheritance patterns.

"You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?"
"Big whoop. I snuffed Hardshell."
—Starscream finally gets his "I killed Cliffjumper" boast shut down by Miko.
Superwheeljack
Vehicon
News Credits: 34
Watch Superwheeljack on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Superwheeljack wrote:As they mentioned, these are becomming spam. I respect the people who run the site, but my email is now saying most of them are spam. I now have over 100 unread messages. It's getting on my nerves.

Better now?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Transformers Hoarder » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you, will try again!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I think this is awesome, site will much more active. To those who don't like it? The settings can be scaled back in your setting options. I vote, make it default.
Transformers Hoarder
Pretender
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby The Power Cosmic » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Hey guys I am new to the Energon Pub. I posted a topic on the buy,sell,and trade section becuase I was looking for a figure and some one has replied to me in a PM to me with a offer and since I am new I guess I do not have the ability to reply back to the PM. How do I get in touch with the person who PMed me ? if I cannot reply back ? Please help.
The Power Cosmic
Mini-Con
Buy from The Power Cosmic on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby The Power Cosmic » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Anyone know who I need to speak to, to have my private messaging system enabled ??
The Power Cosmic
Mini-Con
Buy from The Power Cosmic on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Burn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATTRAP Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
RATTRAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210543 13A (CA) SidVenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-44S OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Masterpiece G1 Convoy Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
MP-44S OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 AUTOBOTS ON PATROL Coloring and Activity Book 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 AU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Oversized SWINDLE guns Transformers G1 KO (Korean Destronger?) unknown 200118A"
Oversized SWINDLE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers G1 Pretenders Legends inner robot only complete 1989 221122A"
NEW!
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MANTA RAY Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
MANTA RAY Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers GENERATION ONE #6 Dreamwave Comics 2004 G1 Ongoing (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers G2 Go-Bots Gobots complete Hasbro 1995 240109I"
NEW!
IRONHIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON