This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Target Abonimus exclusive offical images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Target Abonimus exclusive offical images

Postby Grahf_ » Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I didn't know what colors these were going to be before reading this but I was really hoping for Shattered Glass colors. Just for some kind of modern version of Computron if only in color.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby RAcast » Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Alpha Weltall wrote:I didn't know what colors these were going to be before reading this but I was really hoping for Shattered Glass colors. Just for some kind of modern version of Computron if only in color.

Honest question, why were people expecting SG colors? There's no precedent for SG decos at mass retail, after all.

I suspected, if it was going to be a drastically different deco and not just a similar-but-different one (as they ended up doing, and it looks FANTASTIC by the way, translucency and all!), it'd be an homage to another beastbot combiner, like Monstructor.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAcast wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:I didn't know what colors these were going to be before reading this but I was really hoping for Shattered Glass colors. Just for some kind of modern version of Computron if only in color.

Honest question, why were people expecting SG colors? There's no precedent for SG decos at mass retail, after all.
My guess is due to a redeco of Twinstrike in what kinda looked like SG Sinnertwin colors appearing briefly in the "Hunt the Beasts" interative game on Hasbro's website.

Seen here right after the 30 second mark:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Hun-Grrr himself seems a touch more Shattered Glass/G1 Scattershot rather than G1 Hun-Grrr, given the lack of dark gray, white not being as prominent, red instead of magenta, and red arms, feet, chest and, er, hips.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby RhA » Mon May 13, 2013 12:03 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Meh. I'll go for the loose ones. They'll be out on display anyway, so why bother?
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon May 13, 2013 1:22 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Megazarak wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:...one day hasbro will figure out how to do combiners again.

I honestly don't understand the hate that is going around about their combined form. It's a flippin' Legends-scaled figure for Chrissakes, you can't make something that small and expect modes to be as gorgeous as standard Deluxe or above.

Agreed. Not to mention it didn't have to be a combiner at all but just 5 separate Legion figures that happened to have similar names and appearances of Abominus's parts.

I'm really happy with these guys. They make for a great set of Legion figures and are also a pretty cool combiner (that even have weapons that can combine). I'll hopefully be able to get all the individual Legions as well as eventually get this set as well.

Honestly, I'm just happy to see more combiners. If for whatever reason (perhaps cost reasons) they can't make many combiners in larger scales it'd be great if they can make more in the Cyberverse scale, whether that's with Legions, Commanders and Legions or even all Commanders.

Remember those micromaster style guys that KB had, The ones that were homages to the G1 combiners? they were smaller than legends & were good combiners. It is possible to take any size figure and make a good combiner if you take the time & effort to do it,but hasbro is to damn lazy these days so they just slapped them together & ship it. But these days it doesnt matter what size they are, the last few combiners sucked. FoC Bruticus, the PCCs & ROTF Devastator all sucked, the individual figures for the most part were good but the combined forms were horrible. Hasbro is to cheap & lazy these days to make a good combiner. And remember if we keep accepting half assed crap thats all we're going to be stuck with for now on, if more people complained about the figures then maybe hasbro would get the hint and try a little harder.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby FortMacs » Mon May 13, 2013 1:32 am

Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Megatron Wolf wrote:
Megazarak wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:...one day hasbro will figure out how to do combiners again.

I honestly don't understand the hate that is going around about their combined form. It's a flippin' Legends-scaled figure for Chrissakes, you can't make something that small and expect modes to be as gorgeous as standard Deluxe or above.

Agreed. Not to mention it didn't have to be a combiner at all but just 5 separate Legion figures that happened to have similar names and appearances of Abominus's parts.

I'm really happy with these guys. They make for a great set of Legion figures and are also a pretty cool combiner (that even have weapons that can combine). I'll hopefully be able to get all the individual Legions as well as eventually get this set as well.

Honestly, I'm just happy to see more combiners. If for whatever reason (perhaps cost reasons) they can't make many combiners in larger scales it'd be great if they can make more in the Cyberverse scale, whether that's with Legions, Commanders and Legions or even all Commanders.

Remember those micromaster style guys that KB had, The ones that were homages to the G1 combiners? they were smaller than legends & were good combiners. It is possible to take any size figure and make a good combiner if you take the time & effort to do it,but hasbro is to damn lazy these days so they just slapped them together & ship it. But these days it doesnt matter what size they are, the last few combiners sucked. FoC Bruticus, the PCCs & ROTF Devastator all sucked, the individual figures for the most part were good but the combined forms were horrible. Hasbro is to cheap & lazy these days to make a good combiner. And remember if we keep accepting half assed crap thats all we're going to be stuck with for now on, if more people complained about the figures then maybe hasbro would get the hint and try a little harder.

Those were reissues of G1 micromaster combiners and they had alot of extra pieces to help them forma nice combiner.

for what they are and what they come with i like the abominus set. i do wish they would come with some extra pieces to make them look better like G1 combiners did. but im happy to get some combiners.

As long as they arnt more PCC's.
FortMacs
Targetmaster
Buy from FortMacs on eBay

Postby GuyIncognito » Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 am

I don't know why people gotta be so picky. I think they look awesome. >:oP
Last edited by GuyIncognito on Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 13, 2013 8:01 am

Megatron Wolf wrote:Remember those micromaster style guys that KB had, The ones that were homages to the G1 combiners? they were smaller than legends & were good combiners.
No. Just, no. Stop right there. Did you ever buy any of those? Did you honestly believe that those were new/modern toy molds?

Those KB Toys Micromaster Combiners were anything but new. They were 1992 molds rereleased from Japan, and had as much combiner kibble as G1 Devastator.

Not to mention ZERO articulation outside of the shoulders and head, and that's only happenstance due to the toys' engineering rather than any forethought on their playability.

If anything, they were a step backwards compared to what we've gotten here. If you want parts-forming, inarticulate bricks for combiners, stop asking for new molds and go buy the 1984-1992 toys, cuz that's apparently what you're looking for.

But we have here is a modern day combiner formed with no parts-forming kibble, fully articulated, and visually recognizable as to who it's meant to resemble. Any valid criticisms of it would be in part due to its small size as a Cyberverse Legion class combiner. Any higher expectations for it are asking for way too much since it would take a larger size class to satisfy them. But that's not what these are and is not what we're getting. Don't like it? Fine. Don't like it because it's not GEEWUN? Tough.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby RAcast » Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:If anything, they were a step backwards compared to what we've gotten here. If you want parts-forming, inarticulate bricks for combiners, stop asking for new molds and go buy the 1984-1992 toys, cuz that's apparently what you're looking for.

But we have here is a modern day combiner formed with no parts-forming kibble, fully articulated, and visually recognizable as to who it's meant to resemble. Any valid criticisms of it would be in part due to its small size as a Cyberverse Legion class combiner. Any higher expectations for it are asking for way too much since it would take a larger size class to satisfy them. But that's not what these are and is not what we're getting. Don't like it? Fine. Don't like it because it's not GEEWUN? Tough.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiment, Sabrblade. Seriously, the ONLY other combiner with three near-perfect modes in this scale was rotf Devastator, and it wasn't really articulated. And this is a HUGE step up from that. The only other combiners that HasTak have done that would be decidedly "better" would be the RiD/Car Robots and Energon/Super Link gestalts. Those were QUITE good, I agree, but they also had components that were bigger, which allowed greater intricacy. However, Build King was...kind of awkward in practice, with lots of kibble getting in the way of articulation, and Rail Racer, while AMAZING in combined mode, had to sacrifice the proper size of the individual robot modes.

Now, I'm sure we can all agree that FoC Bruticus is far from perfect, but he's hardly a train wreck. The official transformation is a train wreck, but there are PLENTY of ways to transform him to be both articulate and great looking, I've seen at least a few ways to make him look IDENTICAL to in-game shots and poses. The main problem with him was the weird budget thing that happened with the FoC deluxes, but they're getting away from that.

Please stop citing the G1 combiners and trying to say they're somehow "better," because they CLEARLY are not. They are BRICKS! :lol: They have no articulation, they partsform like HELL, and while I DO like G1 gestalts, every single modern combiner is years ahead of any of the G1 guys, for all of the obvious reasons.
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby Mindmaster » Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If anything, they were a step backwards compared to what we've gotten here. If you want parts-forming, inarticulate bricks for combiners, stop asking for new molds and go buy the 1984-1992 toys, cuz that's apparently what you're looking for.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiment, Sabrblade. Seriously, the ONLY other combiner with three near-perfect modes in this scale was rotf Devastator, and it wasn't really articulated. And this is a HUGE step up from that. The only other combiners that HasTak have done that would be decidedly "better" would be the RiD/Car Robots and Energon/Super Link gestalts. Those were QUITE good, I agree, but they also had components that were bigger, which allowed greater intricacy. However, Build King was...kind of awkward in practice, with lots of kibble getting in the way of articulation, and Rail Racer, while AMAZING in combined mode, had to sacrifice the proper size of the individual robot modes.

Now, I'm sure we can all agree that FoC Bruticus is far from perfect, but he's hardly a train wreck. The official transformation is a train wreck, but there are PLENTY of ways to transform him to be both articulate and great looking, I've seen at least a few ways to make him look IDENTICAL to in-game shots and poses. The main problem with him was the weird budget thing that happened with the FoC deluxes, but they're getting away from that.

Please stop citing the G1 combiners and trying to say they're somehow "better," because they CLEARLY are not. They are BRICKS! :lol: They have no articulation, they partsform like HELL, and while I DO like G1 gestalts, every single modern combiner is years ahead of any of the G1 guys, for all of the obvious reasons.

I love the both of you (not like that, bros).
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby gbm » Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Wowzers! After all the hoop-la about "what colors will they be, what colors will they be?" ....they go and give us this! :lol:

So glad I picked up all 5 individually already; they look 10x better than the Target exclusive.
gbm
Fuzor

Postby RiddlerJ » Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Not liking the transparent plastic. I'll just grab the individual releases. Isn't transparent plastic more fragile?
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby DISCHARGE » Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
RiddlerJ wrote:Not liking the transparent plastic. I'll just grab the individual releases. Isn't transparent plastic more fragile?

Y'know, outside of knockoffs I've never had any real issues with clear plastics.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby DISCHARGE » Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
RiddlerJ wrote:Not liking the transparent plastic. I'll just grab the individual releases. Isn't transparent plastic more fragile?

Y'know, outside of knockoffs I've never had any real issues with clear plastics.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Not sure I'd say this is an improvement, but it does look good. I'd say the best thing about this set is the convenience of not having to hunt down the individual figures. Instead, you just have the minor inconvenience of travelling to a Target store. (Brit talkin'. :BANG_HEAD:)
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby ScottyP » Mon May 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm so disappoint in this. Was looking forward to the more G1-ish decos :(
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
ScottyP wrote:I'm so disappoint in this. Was looking forward to the more G1-ish decos :(

Same here.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby GuyIncognito » Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Why don't you guys just stick with your G1 figures and stop buying new ones?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:Why don't you guys just stick with your G1 figures and stop buying new ones?

But... I don't have the original Generation 1 toys nor do I have the funds to get them...

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby RAcast » Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:Why don't you guys just stick with your G1 figures and stop buying new ones?

But... I don't have the original Generation 1 toys nor do I have the funds to get them...

Also, because bricks. :lol: I love the G1 Scramble City folk, but they just don't pose well. ;)
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby craggy » Mon May 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:Not sure I'd say this is an improvement, but it does look good. I'd say the best thing about this set is the convenience of not having to hunt down the individual figures. Instead, you just have the minor inconvenience of travelling to a Target store. (Brit talkin'. :BANG_HEAD:)

Target exclusives do sometimes make it to the UK. Often as Toys R Us exclusives. Or maybe Argos.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm so disappoint in this. Was looking forward to the more G1-ish decos :(

Same here.
Aside from Hun-Gurrr, isn't that pretty much what the individual releases' decos are?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
This gestalt is obviously all over the place with its lack of posibility and scale and whatever. But I don't really care, it looks like a ton of fun to mess around with. I love the fact that each of them have so many different peg holes, so you can create something that, who knows, might even look better than the Hasbrah recommended serving. :CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 13, 2013 8:51 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:This gestalt is obviously all over the place with its lack of posibility and scale and whatever.
What lack of poseability? That thing is very poseable.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON