This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

Postby El Duque » Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
lmb3.net has gotten a hold of an obscure piece of Transformers history, a 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit. The kit would have been given to retail clients by salesmen to encourage additional sales. The kit, which was packaged in a Transformers branded backpack, contained iron-on patches, a Powerdasher figure, thermos, coupons, promotional materials, and some really interesting financial stats from Hasbro regarding the Transformers brand. At that time the Transformers held the record for first year toy introduction at $100 million in 1984. They expected to the brand to rake in around $300 million in 1986. Click here to view all the materials and paperwork contained within the kit.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu May 16, 2013 10:05 am

Ah, yes, the practical connection being that ziploc bags were a good way to store all your TF weapons and prevent them getting lost! Not that I had that kind of foresight at age 7. Now they need a tie-in with the makers of those tackle-boxes!

As for the Powerdasher...I think the reason I got that S.T.A.R.S. TFTM flier in the mail was because I ordered Camshaft and Drill-Dasher through an earlier promo, so there's almost some logic here...in my mind at least.

Have these non-box-art iron-ons ever surfaced before? They don't look familiar.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu May 16, 2013 10:52 am

That bag is sweet. It would be a great travel bag.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby #Sideways# » Thu May 16, 2013 11:05 am

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
That. Is. Aewsome.

Speaking of dyslexia, what is a Powerdahser? I've heard of Powerdashers... I'm bad. I can't help myself. My parents shouldn't have let me out of the house today. :P
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Thats not a TF in the pic, thats a go-bot (I think). I used to own it... it was so terribly cheap and crappy, haha.

Wait, nvm, it is. I just bought a cheap KO ripoff instead.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu May 16, 2013 1:18 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:Thats not a TF in the pic, thats a go-bot (I think). I used to own it... it was so terribly cheap and crappy, haha.

Sir, you have insulted the pinnacle of Powerdasher evolution! I mean, that's the one I wanted, but the randomizer gave me Drill Dasher instead. I got over it once I read Return to Cybertron and realized he could serve as an official Corkscrew, and even moreso once I learned he was the rarest of the three.

As for the Gobot thing...yeah, he does bear a slight resemblance to RoGun:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Arco/RogunBoxed1a.jpg
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu May 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Bumblevivisector wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Thats not a TF in the pic, thats a go-bot (I think). I used to own it... it was so terribly cheap and crappy, haha.

Sir, you have insulted the pinnacle of Powerdasher evolution! I mean, that's the one I wanted, but the randomizer gave me Drill Dasher instead. I got over it once I read Return to Cybertron and realized he could serve as an official Corkscrew, and even moreso once I learned he was the rarest of the three.

:lol: Strangely enough, the drill head one reminds me of puppet masters.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Cobra Delaris » Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Weapon: Energy Shurikens
I want that Cyclonus Iron-On. :CON:
Check out my Transformer Review Show @ http://Blip.tv/CobraDelaris
And http://CobraDelaris.com
Cobra Delaris
Mini-Con
Watch Cobra Delaris on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cromar did always strike me as the most popular of the Powerdashers.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Blurrz » Thu May 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I don't want to justify interest in this but damnit there is Blurr art in there!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby RhA » Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

:lol: Strangely enough, the drill head one reminds me of puppet masters.

Nice handle placement on Rogun.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAWT DIGGITY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro"
HAWT DIGGITY Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIZZKICK Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
FIZZKICK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATSBY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Hasbro Baseball Bat"
BATSBY Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOVIE MUNCHSTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020 tickets"
MOVIE MUNCHSTER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCREEN FIEND Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro tablet"
SCREEN FIEND Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMORE N' MORE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 s'mores"
SMORE N' MORE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NAIL BYTER Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 hammer biter Hasbro"
NAIL BYTER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRAGE Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Series 4 34 Kreon G1 Insecticon New"
BARRAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DR FRAUD Transformers BotBots Series 5 Science Alliance chemical flask 2020"
DR FRAUD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOTTLE O-TEARS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo-Goo Groopies baby 2019 Hasbro"
BOTTLE O-TEARS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 Set of 2 Transformers vehicles Outta Controller + Racer-Roni"
BotBots Series 6 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DISGUSTO DESSERTO Transformers BotBots Series 3 Spoiled Rottens 2019 cannoli"
DISGUSTO DESSERTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAVI T Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes Hot Cocoa Sugar Cubes 2019"
CAVI T Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON