This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First pictures of MP-19 Smokescreen

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: First pictures of MP-19 Smokescreen

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I'd be interested if he were a generic deluxe from Hasbro, but I'm not paying that kind of money for completion's sake. Just owning MP Prowl's good enough for me.
He's too big to be a Deluxe. He's more of a short Voyager.

Actually, I prefer a bit of size difference for characters who share similar alt modes and designs, to further differentiate them from the original. I decided to use Classics Red Alert to go with MP Sideswipe, so they won't looks like the same toy simply repainted in different colors.

Personally, I think the size difference between deluxes and MP cars isn't so obvious that they can't be displayed side-by-side.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Son of Carl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 pm

I just can't wait to see what Takara has to reveal this weekend at the Tokyo Toy Show. I think that they said that all three of the Nissans would be on display, plus something new.
Son of Carl
Micromaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 5

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:14 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to site sponsor Kapow! Toys we have a look at the third use of the MP-17 mold, in the guise of MP-19 Smokescreen. The images, mirrored below for those of you without Facebook access, show the figure by itself and next to other MP figures for comparison, including MP-10, 17 and 18.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:31 am

Man, they're not messing around when it comes to cartoon accuracy! The head may be a little too accurate but overall, this a great looking remold/repaint of the mold. Keeping my preorder for sure.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby hinomars19 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Man this guy is mean! :shock:
Yes, please and thank you!
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'd long forgotten how Smokescreen looked like in the G1 cartoons, and now that I've got a good look at the Masterpiece toy, I don't think I like his design at all. The shoulder cannons are dinky, and his head looks weird.

I absolutely love his alt mode, though.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby AutoBorst » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 am

Wow, that looks really great. But I'm still sticking to Prowl, I'm not going to get sucked into buying multiple repaints like I did with their Seekers mold.
AutoBorst
Minibot

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
A few days ago I posted that I wasn't buying multiples of the same mold. I am now a liar. Prowl and Smokescreen will now both be mine.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

MP-19 Smokescreen

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:11 am

Yes! This looks great. And my MP-10 will finally have some Autobot cars.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
ZOMG!!! getting 2. and they're both already paid for!
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Eagleblaster » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:48 am

Man this is becoming a hard choice whether to get Smokescreen or Prowl. Leaning towards Smoke cause I already got a cop car being Human Alliance Baricade. I have no Smokescreen at all but this Mp-19 robot mode looks kind of funny and that front air duct thing in car mode takes away from the overall realness of the Nissan vehicle.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby Rated X » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
He looks great but the figure scales horrible with MP Prime. He almost looks like a mini-bot standing face to face with Prime’s groin area. MP scale has become a joke, as they seem to be focus more on the vehicles scale with each other rather than the robots. Seems stupid if you’re shooting for cartoon accuracy. Ill stick with classics.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Eagleblaster » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 am

Ok, here is the scoop. Smokescreen and Prowl both look good. They look like to different toys in car mode. I could just picture displaying mp Lambo, mp Prowl and mp Smokescreen in car modes side by side to each other in that order* Awesome *. Smokescreen's robot mode is lacking a little but as a transformers fan or collector you Have to Have that vintage race car cause its truely one of a kind and might even stay one of a kind forever.

Congrads to Takara for making me have to make this decision to avoid any toy stress, lol. So its official. This will be the first time I'm buying two figures from the same mold. Mp Smokescreen and mp Prowl... :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Only the best of the best over here.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah!
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby jamarmiller » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:18 am

Motto: "All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!"
when will amazon japan get their pre-order up !!! the wait is killing me LOL
All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby TimothyR » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Man, I don't know how some of you guys can just get one of these, they look incredible together.

Not getting prowl because you have barricade is probably the strangest reason I've ever heard.

I don't quite understand the "I'm only going to buy one of this mold" mentality. G1 was built on repaints.

Anyways. Smokescreen looks perfect, I love the head. Each head give each character it's own personality, it's fantastic.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby DetoxRetox » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:11 pm

I think he's wonderful! He may be my favorite of the three! :x
DetoxRetox
Mini-Con

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Rated X wrote:He looks great but the figure scales horrible with MP Prime. He almost looks like a mini-bot standing face to face with Prime’s groin area. MP scale has become a joke, as they seem to be focus more on the vehicles scale with each other rather than the robots. Seems stupid if you’re shooting for cartoon accuracy. Ill stick with classics.

I believe "horrible" is a little strong of a word. Your exaggerating.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
MGrotusque wrote:
Rated X wrote:He looks great but the figure scales horrible with MP Prime. He almost looks like a mini-bot standing face to face with Prime’s groin area. MP scale has become a joke, as they seem to be focus more on the vehicles scale with each other rather than the robots. Seems stupid if you’re shooting for cartoon accuracy. Ill stick with classics.

I believe "horrible" is a little strong of a word. Your exaggerating.
It's X, what'd ya expect? :P

Anyway, this is why Smokescreen's that tall with Prime:

Second-to-bottom row, third character from the left is Smokescreen.

If anything, the MP toy is even taller than how Smokescreen's official scale in the cartoon was, since the cartoon model's head and guns came up to Prime's waist, while the toy's head and guns go above Prime's waist.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Skullcrunchberries » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Motto: "It's time to pull up a groove and get fabulous."
Weapon: Twin Rocket Launchers
...well crap, I think I need to get Smokescreen now. Time to update that preorder.

So these three dyslexic men walk into a bra... oh HAHAHA I am so funny
Skullcrunchberries
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Son of Carl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 pm

TimothyR wrote:Man, I don't know how some of you guys can just get one of these, they look incredible together.

Not getting prowl because you have barricade is probably the strangest reason I've ever heard.

I don't quite understand the "I'm only going to buy one of this mold" mentality. G1 was built on repaints.

Anyways. Smokescreen looks perfect, I love the head. Each head give each character it's own personality, it's fantastic.

I can understand financial reasons, but beyond that, I agree with you. I think all these figures look great together, and different enough from each other that the fact that they share a base mold isn't overwhelmingly obvious. I will be buying every pre-movie MP that they release, especially if it's Reflector. I have my vintage collection, but this is the only new Transformers line that I collect(though I do have a few TFP figures). Masterpiece is actually the line that got me back into collecting Transformers, and now after so many years of waiting, it's finally becoming the line that I was hoping it would be way back then.
Son of Carl
Micromaster
Intelligence: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby Stormrider » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon

I hear what you are saying Rated X, it does seem that way, but the designers did say that they were trying very hard to make both the robot and alt modes in scale with the cartoons.

At first, I did not like the results. But now, I have gotten used it and appreciate the size difference more and more. Let's face it, Prime's a truck, his bot mode should tower over his fellow Autobots who transform into cars. I like the fact that Prime is much bigger than Sideswipe.

I have been getting into the IDW comics, so maybe my perspective has gotten skewed, but I think Cyberpath's comparison below is spot on.

Cyberpath wrote:

Yeah!
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Wh33l Jck » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm trying to limit myself to MTMTE pilot characters, this is going to be tough.

He looks so cartoon accurate in robot mode!
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster

Postby padfoo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
They all look great, very G1 accurate and different enough to be worth picking up.
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Rather than being slavish to “chosen” pictures from google, lets pull out the camera and see what we find…

Sure Optimus was portrayed as being huge a lot. But there were plenty of times the vehicle scale was ignored and the Autobots were given a more human like scale instead of midgets and giants.

The Decepticons always seemed to be more or less around the same height. And when they fought the Autobot cars head on in robot mode, the seekers and Soundwave were usually just a little taller. And isn’t Prime supposed to be the same height as Megatron ?

For all of you who think Hasbro’s MP scale based on car sizes is perfect, don’t ever expect to see MP Mini-bots. In real life a VW Beetle isn’t that much bigger than a Porsche or a Datsun. And would a truck like Huffer the same size as a VW Beetle even be possible? I think not. The MP scale isn’t so great. Classics scales are a lot more fun to display in groups. MP Scale looks better alone on a coffee table for your all time favorite character. And that’s my opinion, I’m not trying to push it as a fact.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220302 2A (A/CA) Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #11 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220208 11A (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM324 24A (CA) Deodato"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM381 25A (CA) Panosian"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #1 Image Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Larsen 220817A"
SAVAGE DRAGON #1 I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220238 17A (CA) Bianchi"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131B"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #335 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 AUG220231 335A (W) McConville (CA) Toledano"
SPAWN #335 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124D"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 DEC210329 3B (CA) McFarlane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220234 7B (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #26 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM336 26A (CA) Barberi (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #26 Cvr A ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON