This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Postby El Duque » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to our friends at Hasbro we have new batch official product images to share!

First up, the highly anticipated Hasbro release of Masterpiece Soundwave with Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw. Below we have images of the packaging and the set in both modes.

Next we have a trio of images from the Transformers Generations line. We get a nice look at the packaging for both Titan Class Metroplex and Deluxe Class Trailcutter, plus the previously seen official image of Scamper from the Metroplex set.

Lastly we see a previously unknown set from the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters line, a two-pack featuring Voyager Class Optimus Prive and Predaking.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Finally. Now we can talk about this pics on this site.

Soundwave's labeled "MP-02". Interesting.

Metroplex, Scamper, and Trailcutter all still look good.

The 2-pack seems pointless, with Prime's colors being darker and Predaking's heads being all gray.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: New Official Images: Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex & Trailcutter, Beast Hunters 2pack

Postby spartanH85 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Is it just me or does Bigbot have a new face sculpt? I see some parts swaps happening too!
spartanH85
Mini-Con

Postby Henry921 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Looks like Soundwave keeps the Megatron pistol but loses the energon cube and the 'grid' chestplate.

I am totally fine with all of this. Definitely gonna buy him.

The 2 pack would be so much better if they'd just left Predaking's face alone. Optimus' darker colors work pretty well, but Predaking's face looks like it was bleached or just left unpainted.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby General Hawk 7 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Motto: "GI Joe...When all else fails...we don't!"
Do we have an ETA for Soundwave yet? I dont want to miss out on him.
General Hawk 7
Mini-Con
Buy from General Hawk 7 on eBay

Postby Bounti76 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby KNM2012 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Soundwave's labeled "MP-02". Interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I like the packaging, but it has me wonder why they started now with their own "MP" labeling, and why he is #2. I guess in the end, Acid Storm will become #1. :-?
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
KNM2012
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Bounti76 wrote:I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.
Hasbro didn't make one because Takara didn't make one.

And Takara didn't make one likely because he wasn't a 1984 toy, which seems to be what Takara's MPs are trying to cover first and foremost these days.

As for his prominence in the comics, Takara goes by the cartoons since the American (or UK, in Marvel's case) comics had little-to-no mainstream relevance in Japan back in the day.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Soundwave's labeled "MP-02". Interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I like the packaging, but it has me wonder why they started now with their own "MP" labeling, and why he is #2. I guess in the end, Acid Storm will become #1. :-?
Unless Optimus is supposed to be #1, retroactively.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bounti76 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:I have a question.....why no Masterpiece Ratbat (as a cassette)? I realize that would up the cost a bit, but not even Takara did one. He was a more prominent figure in the comics than any of the other Cassetticons.

And Takara didn't make one likely because he wasn't a 1984 toy, which seems to be what Takara's MPs are trying to cover first and foremost these days.

As for his prominence in the comics, Takara goes by the cartoons since the American (or UK, in Marvel's case) comics had little-to-no mainstream relevance in Japan back in the day.

Be as that may (and it does sound very likely), Red Alert is from 1985 but has a MP figure out, and Smokescreen is also from 1985. Tigertrack didn't exist until 2003! I guess if you don't count retools/repaints then what you said makes sense. Still, I do hope he (Ratbat) will come along at some point.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Be as that may (and it does sound very likely), Red Alert is from 1985 but has a MP figure out, and Smokescreen is also from 1985. Tigertrack didn't exist until 2003! I guess if you don't count retools/repaints then what you said makes sense. Still, I do hope he (Ratbat) will come along at some point.
Yeah, true, I meant they're making the molds of the 1984 characters first, but also making the most out of them with redecos and remolds of them. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
Who is the blue red and white guy beside Metroplex's head? The one who's not Optimus
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm

welcometothedarksyde wrote:Who is the blue red and white guy beside Metroplex's head? The one who's not Optimus
Probably a miscolored/lighting affected Trailcutter.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby slugx333 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm

What are the release dates on these?
slugx333
Mini-Con

Postby Manterax Prime » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Who is the blue red and white guy beside Metroplex's head? The one who's not Optimus

As Sabrdlade pointed out, it's Trailbreaker.
The other one over buy BB, though, is actually Orion Pax.
Cuz I just noticed we've got the 4 Spotlight Autobot deluxes on there.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Glad to see Hasbro giving masterpiece packaging to these masterpiece figures.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Megazarak » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Soundwave is MP-02, huh? I kind of doubt Acid Storm would be MP-01... maybe another run of Masterpiece Optimus as MP-01 (perhaps without the trailer?)?
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Speed: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Loving Soundwave's packaging! ..But we still don't know which retailer he will be exclusive to. :BANG_HEAD:

The new Deluxe packaging is looking nice as well. :grin:

Bloody hell, Hasbro is really trying to shove Predaking dow our throats. I see so many of him, I've begun to actually miss some of the shelfwarming RiD figures. I'll accept Optimus, but there's absolutely nothing on the universe that will make me get that Predaking. [-(

...except bribery. That might persuade me.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Loving Soundwave's packaging! ..But we still don't know which retailer he will be exclusive to. :BANG_HEAD:
Yes we do. It's Toys "R" Us.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Loving Soundwave's packaging! ..But we still don't know which retailer he will be exclusive to. :BANG_HEAD:
Yes we do. It's Toys "R" Us.

....Well, guess I won't be seeing that MP then. :-(

Hopefull they will actually do better with the distribution. Hopefully. >:oP
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet

Postby gavinfuzzy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:32 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
What's with the Chinese on MP Wave?

Oh look, the Generation deluxes comes with an added comic book. I wonder if it would be the full-length unabridged issue, or like a 4-page excerpt.
It's probably an excuse to bump the price up to $24.99 per deluxe... Cause you know, Comic book. 8-}

Cool idea though, I always wanted physical issues of the IDW stuff.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
why the hell is soundwave an exclusive but metroplex isnt? What the hell kind of crap is that? And why TRU, hasnt hasbro learned no one likes TRU anymore? Great so now if i want soundwave im going to have to fight scalpers & pay top dollar cause TRU has to charge ridiculous prices. Just more proof that hasbro doesnt have a clue. And why do i have the feeling those deluxes are going to cost over $20
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So I've been trying to figure out why Soundwave is labeled "MP-02" and I read a lot of the previous comments/theories. After a little digging, these images are not on Hasbro's Transformers site nor their Facebook. Also, why would there be Chinese writing on the box?

This must be the Hasbro Asia branch sending out this information, and that leaves MP-01 to be either Acid Storm or the rumored Asia reissue of Masterpiece Grimlock.

I don't think this will be the exact box image for Soundwave's North American release, but they did leave the Kanji on the recent Generations figures that were TRU exclusives. Time will tell, but it would be odd for NA to not have something labeled "MP-01".
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Megatron Wolf wrote:why the hell is soundwave an exclusive but metroplex isnt?

So, you want Metroplex to be a retailer exclusive...?

Megatron Wolf wrote:And why TRU, hasnt hasbro learned no one likes TRU anymore? Great so now if i want soundwave im going to have to fight scalpers & pay top dollar cause TRU has to charge ridiculous prices.

This is probably more a market decision than Hasbro's. I think all North American Masterpieces (with the possible exception of the original 12" Optimus) were all retailer exclusives. Wal-Mart didn't seem to do too well when they had Starscream and Skywarp, having to clearance them to get them off shelves. I seem to remember Skywarp being reduced 50% within the first month of release. TRU obviously wants the exclusive and is paying for the right to carry it. Perhaps it's a bad business deal for other retailers, regardless of being an exclusive or not.

On the consumer end, I completely empathize with you. It's very frustrating to think that many collectors/fans may not get a TRU exclusive off the shelf because someone else is getting dibs at the entire shipment. Hopefully distribution will be better this time. I will say that I found MP Thundercracker hanging on a shelf about a week ago, so there's always a possibility of finding what you're looking for.
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby KNM2012 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:59 am

Megazarak wrote:Soundwave is MP-02, huh? I kind of doubt Acid Storm would be MP-01... maybe another run of Masterpiece Optimus as MP-01 (perhaps without the trailer?)?

I would personally question, much less doubt, it. Because it would be logical for Acid Storm to be MP-01 due to the fact that he is a Hasbro exclusive. That, and the MP-10 Convoy was issued in 2012. However... Seeing how having Prime be a MP-00 would also be a logical step, I think what you might be what they are planning. ;)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
KNM2012
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby RiddlerJ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 am

So are all five cassettes packaged with this release of Soundwave?
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON