This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2013 Exclusives Mini-Gallery (includes all 14 figures and the Kre-o Machine Wars set)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

BotCon 2013 Exclusives Mini-Gallery (includes all 14 figures and the Kre-o Machine Wars set)

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Seibertron.com is live at BotCon 2013. We're hard at work to bring all of you the latest news from this special Transformers event.

We've spent tonight plowing through a mini-gallery of the 14 exclusive toys and 5 Kreons that you can only get exclusively at BotCon 2013, most of which belong to this year's Machine Wars theme. The 14 figures that you can get at BotCon are Strika, Obsidian, Megaplex, Hoist, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Electrons, Sandstorm, Mirage, Starscream, Sunstorm, Bitstream, and Hotlink. Blastcharge (the recolored Strika) is this year's custom class figure. The 5 figure Kre-o set that you can get contains 5 figures of the characters from the Machine Wars box set. Check out our gallery of this year's exclusives by clicking on any of the images below or by clicking here.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusives Mini-Gallery (includes all 14 figures and the Kre-o Machine Wars set)

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
so.... whatsup with the name of the rainmakers? What happen to acid storm? is hotlink suppose to be the air warrior seeker? a bit confused there but I want it
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: BotCon 2013 Exclusives Mini-Gallery (includes all 14 figures and the Kre-o Machine Wars set)

Postby Banjo-Tron » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:12 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Damn it! Just when i was satisfied that i would not be after any figures this year, funpub pull some more classics seekers out of the bag. I have already bought a set off eBay. Oh well, so much for eating this month!
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby data81 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:17 am

Motto: "how the gods chill"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
No one noticed the severe amount of typos on BItstreams tech spec?
data81
Micromaster
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby gavinfuzzy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:48 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
mooncake623 wrote:so.... whatsup with the name of the rainmakers? What happen to acid storm? is hotlink suppose to be the air warrior seeker? a bit confused there but I want it

As someone pointed out in another thread, this guys are not the rainmakers per say.

The rainmakers, are the neon coloured dudes from "Divide and Conquer"

The bright yellow one is NOT Sunstorm, as claimed by hasbro a few years back.

These guys are a homage to the seeker group with no name from G1's 1st episodes.

"Rainmakers" were probably used for trademark reasons or just as something identifiable.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:01 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Absolutely love the bios for Starscream and the Rainmakers. Megaplex's bio struck me as my favorite out of all of them. Megatron's rage building inside him, just itching to be released? Love it! :x

Mirage's art is just way too thin. Yeesh. [-(

So yeah, I feel Starscream and Electrons, both toy and bio (despite Electro's not mentioning Gold Plastic Syndrome for shits and giggles. Bad, FunPub, bad!), are probably the best out of all the other exlusives.

Off topic question: do they normally do new Transformers reveals at BotCon? I haven't had coffee in a while, so my mind's a little kaput. :BANG_HEAD: Oh, the irony...
Last edited by Mindmaster on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
data81 wrote:No one noticed the severe amount of typos on BItstreams tech spec?

Only thing I caught was "technology genius", where it should be "technological genius". I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby data81 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:09 am

Motto: "how the gods chill"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The numbers are all wrong...or am I seeing things?
data81
Micromaster
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:11 am

data81 wrote:The numbers are all wrong...or am I seeing things?

Oh, the numbers? Thought you meant the bio itself, as in grammatical errors. #-o

I have no idea if they're off, sorry. :-(

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Period » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 am

Is anyone else getting a Beast Wars Cheetor vibe from him? :-? Transmetal movie style Cheetor...sweet.

Period
Minibot

Postby Banjo-Tron » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:59 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
data81 wrote:The numbers are all wrong...or am I seeing things?

Yep, you're totally right! I initially though that the graphic was right and the numbers wrong because a speed of 7 seems a little low for a seeker, but then I noticed that Hotlink's speed is only 6!
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster

Postby Henry921 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:08 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Anyone else notice that Thundercracker's bio mentions Soundwave?

I have to see if he's in the comic and what chassis he's using. It may be worth the time tracking down the original mold and including it with the team. The Stalker mold aged pretty well... the only thing I don't like about it is the chest cavity.

Or there's always customs...
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby Manterax Prime » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 am

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
I had a feeling the attendee exclusives wouldn't be that good. Seems I was right. Starscream is the biggest disappointment. I understand it's not the original Starscream in a different body, but come on, they couldn't make him a voyager?
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Yup, Starscream is a disappointment indeed...oh what could have been. IMO the artwork for most of these bio cards are really crappy. Fortunately I don't pay too much attention to bio's and stats even the one's I do own.
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby DMSL » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I already have the real rainmakers from CHMS, i.e. Acidstorm, Hailstorm and Solarstorm.

Like someone pointed out this exclusive set is an entirely different group of seekers. Still they look good so i might get them.

I can live without all the others.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Courage: 10

Postby wolverinetodd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:10 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
data81 wrote:No one noticed the severe amount of typos on BItstreams tech spec?

I noticed the word "from" was missing. As in "removed from the cyber world."
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:39 am

I didn't think I was going to get ANY Botcon figures this year, but dammit, I HAVE to have that Mirage in my collection.

Electrons is oddly attractive to me as well, for some reason.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 am

Yeah, bringing us three bots FROM THE FIRST EPISODE and some new G1 canon characters — besides the rainmakers — is a stroke of genius. I'm quite excited about those new seekers. Bravo, Botcon team. Bravo! :APPLAUSE:

As for the others, I'm less excited about the movieverse ones, but Mirage, Electro, Strika, Blastcharge and Hubcap are definitely nicely done. And adding Electro to the G2 Botcon lineup will be a thing of beauty.

Lastly, I have to add... it's funny how many people are complaining Starscream isn't a giant. I saw that as a MAJOR flaw to the originals. Prime was tiny, Starscream was 5 times taller than the other figures. Megaplex was a feeble "Cyberverse" size. They were all insanely out of proportion and clearly molds not intended for those characters at all — in color, head sculpt, face plates, size, or just about any aspect besides general vehicle form of jet, truck, etc.

I think this set — with jets all at the same size — remedies a decade long botch job. I'm VERY glad they made the seekers the same size, and Megaplex larger. They will display together nicely, and maybe the subscription service will throw us one of the missing characters like Soundwave.

All that said — and while Machine Wars is an odd line with varying degrees of nostalgia from the fans — I have to say I have a special memory about it. It was the one line I found ON SHELF at one visit, purchased in entirety, and walked out of KayBee into the mall with the whole line IN ONE GIANT BAG. Sheesh, I have no idea why they had a bag that big. It was massive. Clearly, the stuff of dreams to any kid. :grin:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby deliciouspeter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:00 am

Hotlink: Decepticon Master of Sausage.
deliciouspeter
Mini-Con
Buy from deliciouspeter on eBay

Postby Mkall » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Figures. I find decent eBay prices on all of these guys so I pull the trigger, only for BBTS to undercut all those prices.

Oh well, that's the nature of the game.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Skill: 10

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."

What's the matter Hoist? Your arms look droopy.

I see, your shoulders are misassembled on all your copies, yet all Electrons are fine?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Machinewarries » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 pm

I realy wanted a MW Starscream made from TFPR Dreadwing/Skyquake mold :-( , but instead of that, Funpub give to us a simply repaint of Terradive...

(I REALLY, REALLY LIKE THAT RAINMAKERS, JUST A INTEAD BUY :CON: )
Machinewarries
Mini-Con

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I totally disagree about the artwork for the cards. I'm LOVING it. Really nice, stylized, and reminiscent of Geoff Senior's G2 Comic illustrations. Bravo there.

Also like that the seekers are a bit more standard G1 looking in their art.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:53 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I see, your shoulders are misassembled on all your copies, yet all Electrons are fine?

Hoist forgot to pay some dues to Black Shadow and the Space Mafia, so they had a little... visit with him. :lol:

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby G1 Legacy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Motto: "Aw c'mon Hasbro! What can I say...I've been spoiled by 3rd party."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Regarding the seeker trio...

:BANG_HEAD: Aw, curse you Hasbro for making this a Botcon exclusive.
Translation: super expensive.
this could have been released in stores as a Target OR TRU exclusive, as a way to compete with Takara's re-release of the seekers box set. God bless it, this hobby is SO expensive, especially this year it seems. :sad:
G1 Legacy
G1 Legacy
Minibot
Strength: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON