This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Pre-Order at Amazon.com

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Pre-Order at Amazon.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
For those of us not at BotCon where Metroplex is available for purchase, Amazon.com has listed a pre-order for Generations Titan Class Metroplex. It is listed at $124.99 with a release date of August 1. This probably wont last long so hop on over there and secure yours.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Pre-Order at Amazon.com

Postby megatronus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Pre-ordered at Amazon just in case I can't get the SDCC one. At $136 ($125 + tax), I really hope I can cancel my order later in favor of owning one of the superior versions (Takara preorder also up on TFsource, for now).
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby zatara1701 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Motto: ""It's all part of the plan...more or less.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Free shipping, no driving around and we ALL know hasbrotoyshop.com is going to crash or get locked up AGAIN...Not even going to try that route. I decided that after the debacle that was Alternator Nemesis Prime. :BANG_HEAD:

It's a giant freaking Transformer... Extra gun? Shiny stickers? Who gives a rats a$$?? I am good with this one...I am sure Reprolabels will put something out if I really want to spruce him up. :grin:
zatara1701
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Well, props to everyone who pounces on this opportunity. Sadly, I'm just going to have to wait several more months; budget won't allow me to get this right now. :-(
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

Postby megatronus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 pm

zatara1701 wrote:It's a giant freaking Transformer... Extra gun? Shiny stickers? Who gives a rats a$$?? I am good with this one...I am sure Reprolabels will put something out if I really want to spruce him up. :grin:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I give a rat's a$$ ;)
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Good on Amazon for making this prime eligible. Taking a big hit on shipping on their end.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby zatara1701 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Motto: ""It's all part of the plan...more or less.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
megatronus wrote:
zatara1701 wrote:It's a giant freaking Transformer... Extra gun? Shiny stickers? Who gives a rats a$$?? I am good with this one...I am sure Reprolabels will put something out if I really want to spruce him up. :grin:

LOL From reading out here, I am sure you are not alone 8-} My point is it worth the wait, time and money in the end?? After all, I take my stuff (for the most part) out of the box and mess with it...It's a toy afterall :HEADHURTS:

More power to those seekers of the "special" editions...I am just as happy with the regular ole 2ft tall Hasbro Metroplex...if there is anything "regular" about a 2ft tall Transformers :grin:
Attachments
wallpaper - transformers autobots (1).jpg
zatara1701
Fuzor
Strength: 7

Postby Metrosuplex » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:10 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I appreciate the sense of urgency, but is it necessary? Is there any indication Metro will sell out like Omega Supreme sold out? :roll:

I'd really prefer to purchase the SDCC version, but from the sound of some of the comments on here, it sounds really unlikely unless I magically find myself in San Diego in the next couple of weeks. :BANG_HEAD:

Plus, I'm still pretty burned that Amazon is crusading for interstate taxes on all web purchases. Amazon's conglomerate, low-price power will STILL kill local businesses, even if they charge sales tax, so I'm not appreciating how the proposed new law will actually benefit my community. #-o Maybe the State of IL will provide more funding to local, suffering municipalities? I'm seeing stores close their doors left and right! F*cking Amazon... :-x

zatara1701 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

LOL From reading out here, I am sure you are not alone 8-} My point is it worth the wait, time and money in the end?? After all, I take my stuff (for the most part) out of the box and mess with it...It's a toy afterall :HEADHURTS:

More power to those seekers of the "special" editions...I am just as happy with the regular ole 2ft tall Hasbro Metroplex...if there is anything "regular" about a 2ft tall Transformers :grin:

Your comment just reeks of "oh, I wish I could afford the crazy expensive ones, but I feel better knowing it's just extra $$$ for chrome." You have a point about the differences being pretty negligible (from a certain point of view), but if you're going to be nihilistic about the subject, you may as well continue on with the point that toys are largely useless hunks of plastic and our money would be better spent elsewhere. Maybe mention charity? :roll:

Personally, I agree with a lot of other posters who have mentioned how the plain Jane Metro is a little "too white".

I guess I'm saying you're a racist if you prefer the plain Metro! :lol: :lol:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby donxavier10 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 am

Talk about a stroke of luck. Just in time to use my $50 Amazon coupon. Feel bad for all the suckers...ahem...people that spent $180 - $200 to preorder the exact same guy on Ebay. Talk about taking it up the exhaust.
donxavier10
Mini-Con

Postby donxavier10 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:00 am

zatara1701 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

I'm perfectly happy with the Hasbro version. TG23 is $250 on Tfsource. Really it's $249.95, but that's close enough that I'll round up the 5 cents. When you factor in what shipping will probably cost, that's another $125-$140(I'm estimating) for a silver face, some slight paint alterations and another red gun. Sorry, but if Takara wants my money they're going to have to give me something more for the price difference. I could buy a second Hasbro version for that price. I'm sure TG-23 would be cheaper if I was in Japan, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

There is nothing "Plain Jane" about Hasbro's version. Their Metroplex is still going to be fantastic. Later, if I feel bad about my choice, I'll spend $15 on paints and fill in the areas on my Metroplex that Takara did on their version. The red gun I'll live without.

To each their own. Hope everyone enjoys whatever version Metroplex they pick up. Either way it's still a great time to be a Transformer fan.
donxavier10
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:19 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Metrosuplex wrote:Plus, I'm still pretty burned that Amazon is crusading for interstate taxes on all web purchases. Amazon's conglomerate, low-price power will STILL kill local businesses, even if they charge sales tax, so I'm not appreciating how the proposed new law will actually benefit my community. #-o Maybe the State of IL will provide more funding to local, suffering municipalities? I'm seeing stores close their doors left and right! F*cking Amazon... :-x

Amazon is doing that so they can be a presence on the scale of Wal*Mart. They want to create an infrastructure that will allow them to get items to their customers with same day service. All customers. Or the next day at the latest. If they tax and pay the states their due, the states will be more open to this expansion. In the end, paying the taxes is a small price to pay for what they'll be doing. If this plan of their's works, you'll finally see a real competitor for Wal*Mart which will drive prices down and helps us the consumer.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:35 am

Definitely want to try and get the SDCC version if possible since it seems to be the best of both worlds. However I went ahead and pre-ordered this as a safety net. Worst case, this will come in early and I'll just have the regular version sooner than planned. Plus, I suspect Reprolabels is going to have a field day with this guy so a lot of white has the potential to get covered up anyway.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby KnightStrike » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:45 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Awesome! It is such a relief to get something at retail price without having to waste countless hours and gas searching all over for it, often in vain. I also gave up on trying to camp out online for con exclusives that sell out in a flash then go for huge markups on eBay. They always seem to go up when I am at work and can't watch for them. The money I save on this Metroplex can now go towards paints for more custom projects :D
On a side note, anyone know if BBTS is still rumored to be listing these at $110 come July 1st? Curious to see what BBTS charges for shipping on this plastic behemoth.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Postby MenaceRX » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:58 am

I do love it when companies blatantly lie and post in black and white that they are violating the distributors terms. Wasn't supposed to be open for pre-order until Monday, yet he is magically sold out. It could be in the code to keep it sold-out until it opens. But I dont feel like that's what happened. Guess we will see Monday at 1201.

Anyway I just thought that was pretty comical. I already dropped my Takara Metroplex Pre-order and went with my Amazon one since I fully intend to mess around with him, while the paint is nice, that's a 125 I dont have to pay now and free shipping. Just made financial sense. Now if by chance I secure an order for SDCC then I would cancel that other wise this will do for me.

BBTS Had! Metroplex up for pre-sale.

Last edited by MenaceRX on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby KnightStrike » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
I am guessing the BBTS listing is showing sold out due to them having the listing up but not accepting orders yet. The sold out may just be the placeholder there system uses? If that bit about Hasbro being on vendors about the 7/1 preorder date is true then I would guess Amazon jumped the gun and Hasbro will likely overlook it due to the sheer volume of sales they have with Amazon, but they might not be as forgiving with smaller vendors doing the same.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby MenaceRX » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:13 am

I am thinking the same thing too, and I dont have a problem with BBTS having it sold out, just find it comical it shows sold out and its not even supposed to be up for sale in there own words.

Also yeah I dont think Hasbro is going to tell Amazon what to do lol. So I think they will just accept it and move on.

I am wondering if the SDCC Version will go up at 1201 Monday morning on Hasbro Toy Shop since thats when they are allowed to open for pre-order on the retail version.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby KnightStrike » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:25 am

It would be helpful if BBTS's system showed it as "Pre-order coming soon" or "Camp this page" or something along those lines instead of sold out :)

As for the SDCC version, they usually go up on HTS around Tuesday or so after SDCC weekend, when they sell whatever stock exclusives are remaining, so it will probably be around July 23rd or 24th. They also usually go up sometime before noon EST and sell out as soon as the HTS system quits crashing and actually lets you process an order :lol:
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby SJ21 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Well, I'm glad Amazon had these guys up for pre order. I usually buy from bbts, but I don't like that they said he would be available on Monday and then put him up ahead of time. I'm not sure what the story is there, but I hope they have more for people that are waiting until Monday.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Joetx » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am

Metrosuplex wrote:Plus, I'm still pretty burned that Amazon is crusading for interstate taxes on all web purchases. Amazon's conglomerate, low-price power will STILL kill local businesses, even if they charge sales tax, so I'm not appreciating how the proposed new law will actually benefit my community. #-o Maybe the State of IL will provide more funding to local, suffering municipalities? I'm seeing stores close their doors left and right! F*cking Amazon... :-x

It's my understanding that Amazon doesn't want to charge sales taxes, & instead has been sued by various states to collect sales taxes. I know for sure that Texas sued Amazon & Amazon fought hard not to have to collect sales taxes, but Amazon lost.
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby Eagleblaster » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 am

I just preordered one of these metroplexs. The decision was an extreme nail bitter. But at the end of the day this is a nice looking 2foot transformer my buddy doll and it stands well and can do some poses. A Big movable transformers doll/ statue size.

And another reason I picked it up was because my other Metroplex witch is galaxy metroplex is not as good as this one cause that galaxy metro transforms into a very bad alt mode.
At least this Generations Metroplex transformers into something relevant and it does, It actually transformers into three things that are relevant.
My buddy transformers doll Metroplex, I see you 8)

Oh, and I'm really hoping this figure doesn't do bad because of the watering down of the mould like what happened to Generations Bruticus that i bought which turned out to be worth nothing.
Eagleblaster
Minibot

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I see a lot of you have jumped the gun and assumed stuff...

BBTS has put up preorder pages that say sold out, before. It's a placeholder. Here's the thing, the preorder date of July 1st is mandated by Hasbro. The release date of August 1st is a street date, mandated by Hasbro.

Amazon violated that and put their preorders up anyway. Joel (BBTS's head honcho) just opened their preorders, too, saying they didn't want to lose on their investment.

So, preorders are open now at both retailers, and both of them will release the figures to the customer on August 1st.

Shipping is about $15.00, depending on where you live. Brings the BBTS price up to $125.00, just like Amazon. Amazon offers free shipping and Prime shipping (if you're a member) but in some states they charge tax. BBTS is the clear winner.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby KnightStrike » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Got mt preorder in at BBTS and cancelled my one at Amazon. Works out being a tiny bit cheaper since Amazon has to charge tax in my state, but I also know BBTS will package like the thing is going through a warzone, where as Amazon is a gamble on their packaging. Some times Amazon packages well and some times they crush packages to make them fit too small of a box or they toss a small box in a larger one with no packing material, but my orders from BBTS always arrive minty fresh in their bubble wrap cocoon. Plus if BBTS can continue to sell large quantities of items like this it may help encourage Hasbro to give them more exclusives or better wholesale rates, so I am all for supporting BBTS on this :) By the time this gets in stock UPS may need a forklift to load my Pile of Loot :lol:
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby MenaceRX » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:49 pm

I too switched my pre-order to BBTS because it comes out to pretty much the same amount but they will package as mentioned like its made of glass. I emailed them about it this morning when i noticed it listed but already sold out. Guess that got there attention or our posts did. i emailed there customer service asking if it was a place holder or if it was legitimately already sold out.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby Arctorro » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:17 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
I jumped on the Amazon pre-order and when BBTS opened their pre-orders I switched thinking my PoL would help soak up the shipping costs. All up (price + shipping) Amazon comes out $20 cheaper, even with BBTS's lower price, to ship down under and I'm wondering if anyone has had dealings with amazons "estimated" pre-order shipping costs. Amazon's seems waaaaay to low for international shipping, so I could get a last minute price hike, and I'm also concerned about the way they package things. +$20 might not be too bad in the long run, just not sure...

william-james88 wrote:So that would also be the case for Predaking, who is also six members.
Arctorro
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby megatronus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:04 am

Arctorro wrote:I jumped on the Amazon pre-order and when BBTS opened their pre-orders I switched thinking my PoL would help soak up the shipping costs. All up (price + shipping) Amazon comes out $20 cheaper, even with BBTS's lower price, to ship down under and I'm wondering if anyone has had dealings with amazons "estimated" pre-order shipping costs. Amazon's seems waaaaay to low for international shipping, so I could get a last minute price hike, and I'm also concerned about the way they package things. +$20 might not be too bad in the long run, just not sure...

I order plenty from Amazon (most recently, Springer & Blitzwing), but I do so with knowledge that my orders will have absolutely zero package protection. I deliberate carefully for each item whether it's worth it.

I would look into whether they have a distribution center in Australia. That might account for the lower shipping cost. If they do not, I would not order Metroplex off Amazon at all - more likely than not, it will arrive banged up.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON