This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Return of the Transformers

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

The Return of the Transformers

Postby Hotrod » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:41 pm

There is a new Transformers article online. The article has been posted by About.com. It talks about how the Transformers Movie has helped spark the return of Transformers to the main stream. Give the article a read by clicking here.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:50 pm

A child advocacy group, Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, has complained to the Federal Trade Commission that ads and toys tied to the new Transformers movie are aimed at children as young as two years old, while the film is rated PG-13.

what? lol are you kidding me? i dont think its aiming at kids at all.
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Always some group complaining about something stupid and trivial.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby neoakaj » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:55 pm

Well so was starwars ep3
neoakaj
Mini-Con

Re: The Return of the Transformers

Postby X3ROhour » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
Hotrod wrote:There is a new Transformers article online. The article has been posted by About.com. It talks about how the Transformers Movie has helped spark the return of Transformers to the main stream. Give the article a read by clicking here.

Ummmmmmm?
Transformers wasn't mainstream before this?
:shock:

i think i'm always swimmin in the wrong stream. :lol:
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Algus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 pm

I think most people who are fans, or who have been fans long enough to be in touch with fan communities, sees the movie for what it is - something targeted to older crowds but I've read a bunch of reviews over the past couple days complaining about the movie being meant for 8-12 year old boys.

It might not matter what we see it for, but what these people think it is. There were tons of people with their six, seven, and eight year old kids at the movie when I was there. I loved the kids enthusiasm for Transformers, reminds me of when I was that age, but there were a couple things in the movie that I didn't think were real appropriate for that age group and I could see where parents groups might have something to complain about.

Then again, the film is rated PG-13 so if they were doing their job as parents they should have known that coming in.
Algus
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:22 pm

All I know is I just left the theater, and GOD DAM.

I stayed open minded about this film, and I'm glad I did.

Never have I been in a theater that exploded witha cheers after the film was over, and believe me, I was not part of anytype of focus group, these where all types of people cheering.

I loved it!

The product placement was great, I love how they worked so much of it into the jokes, and I guess that towtruck figure due out soon was realy in the movie. I also liked that the Secter7 cars kinda looked like HardTop, and the speedbike was a nice Arcee tip o the hat.

Alot of the voices I wasn't to thrilled about, I think Hugo was thinking he had Prime's roll at points, but thats such a nonissue, I just have well never mentioned it.

I can't wait for TF2 now, you movie guys can do whatever you want as long as you, A)keep bringing the explosions, B0) more Decepticons!

I don't wanna give anything away in this, but I am telling you, if you can read this, get up and go see it!

!!!NOW!!!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:24 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Algus wrote:I think most people who are fans, or who have been fans long enough to be in touch with fan communities, sees the movie for what it is - something targeted to older crowds but I've read a bunch of reviews over the past couple days complaining about the movie being meant for 8-12 year old boys.

It might not matter what we see it for, but what these people think it is. There were tons of people with their six, seven, and eight year old kids at the movie when I was there. I loved the kids enthusiasm for Transformers, reminds me of when I was that age, but there were a couple things in the movie that I didn't think were real appropriate for that age group and I could see where parents groups might have something to complain about.

Then again, the film is rated PG-13 so if they were doing their job as parents they should have known that coming in.

I dont think it could be put any better. This movie was intended for us older fans and older movie goers. Most parents only know TF as a kids cartoon. SO they figure "oh a Transformer movie. Little billy watches transformers befor school evrey day so it must be a kids movie". Most parents these days are morons and only take there kids to the movies to shut them up. It was the same with Star Wars ep3 and for some reason Alien Vs. Predator. When i seen both those movie opening day there were a good amount of little kids in the audiance. I think parents need to either look into things more ,like maybe see the damn movie your self then decide if your kid can see it, oh shut the hell up when the movie turned out not to be for the little kids. The signs were there. The directer is Bay, Its PG-13, evrey trailer has explosions and gun fights oh and not to mention the bots that will give kids nightmares. And as for these parents groups, its time to get a life or maybe watch what your kid is doing instead of bitching about a frakin movie or video game.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Maju Garzett » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:43 pm

"...A child advocacy group, Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, has complained to the Federal Trade Commission that ads and toys tied to the new Transformers movie are aimed at children as young as two years old, while the film is rated PG-13..."

Wow, only if you include the Slumblebee and Robot Heroes is the line for five year olds. Seems like the whole thing is.. how some shall say... more than meets the eye?
Maju Garzett
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Donna L Montaldo wrote:But not everyone is excited about the return of the Transformers.

A child advocacy group, Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, has complained to the Federal Trade Commission that ads and toys tied to the new Transformers movie are aimed at children as young as two years old, while the film is rated PG-13.

The group wants a uniform rating system so toys tied to PG-13 movies would not be marketed to children younger than 13. It also asked the FTC to investigate the marketing of PG-13 movies to children.

This Campaign thingie is full of it. Generally, the toys aren't really being marketed towards children. Maybe children that would fit the PG-13 rating, but younger than that not so much. Maybe the Slumblebee Maju mentioned and maybe Optimash Prime but the rest of it not so much.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby InvaderJes » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:44 pm

2 to 5 yrs old? I've got Deluxe Barricade right here... and he says not for children under 3, and at the top of the package it says 5+. Hmmm...
InvaderJes
Micromaster
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Algus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:49 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Potato- ... 704&sr=8-1

In all fairness, a Mr. Potato Head Optimus Prime does exist :P
Algus
Mini-Con

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:11 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Algus wrote:In all fairness, a Mr. Potato Head Optimus Prime does exist :P

Huh? What? I'm confused. I thought we've known that forever.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Bumbled » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Mr.RobotAutoMan wrote:

what? lol are you kidding me? i dont think its aiming at kids at all.
Yer I read that bit too, that is not true. Kids have a right to watch what they want to watch... this movie was more of a Teenager movie in my opinion, but to be surprised there were more grandma's and grandpa's than younger people.
Bumbled
Godmaster

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:14 pm

I just saw the movie (Frikin' awsome, I might add), & I can see where an unsuspecting parent might get offended...particularly about the masturbation joke....but still, these people need to shut up & start raising their own kids instead of expecting the rest of the world to do it for them. If you don't want to safeguard your kids against the nasty side of life untill they're ready to handle it, don't expect others to do it for you.

Other than, these people just need to shut the hell up & let people enjoy their giant f**kin' robot movie.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby NightFall » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:08 am

Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:I just saw the movie (Frikin' awsome, I might add), & I can see where an unsuspecting parent might get offended...particularly about the masturbation joke....but still, these people need to shut up & start raising their own kids instead of expecting the rest of the world to do it for them. If you don't want to safeguard your kids against the nasty side of life untill they're ready to handle it, don't expect others to do it for you.

Other than, these people just need to shut the hell up & let people enjoy their giant f**kin' robot movie.

EXACTLY! :APPLAUSE:
NightFall
Headmaster Jr

Postby UltraMagnus2005 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:51 am

Good day everyone, long time reader, first time poster, G1 Veteran since 5 or 6 years old.

In response to this advocacy group demands, they need to realize that kiddies need to grow up, granted kids have the right to be kids, but sooner or later the kiddies need to start progressing in their sge, and what better way to do it than with Transformers. Besides, the necessary steps were taken to make sure that the film was intended for mature viewers (PG-13, thanks to another advocacy group called the PMRC.), and parents have that wonderful obligation called "parenthood" that pretty much dictates what they feel and know is best for their children, not a group of strangers who know diddly squat about each family in the world and how each one operates.
UltraMagnus2005
Mini-Con

Postby Danish-Liokaiser » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:56 am

neoakaj wrote:Well so was starwars ep3

Welcome to our forum ! Hope you enjoy your stay :grin:
Danish-Liokaiser
Transmetal Warrior

Postby cdbrown48_288 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 am

More over protection for kids these days!!! What is going to happen to these kids when they get old enough out in the "real world" and all these things that they have been sheltered from get thrown in their faces????? Can anyone say " mental therapy" bils going through the roof!!!!! What a waste of time.....enjoy the movie for what it is 2 and 1/2 hours of entertainment!!!
cdbrown48_288
Mini-Con

Postby furcalor » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 pm

I would have loved this movie when I was 2-5 years old.
furcalor
Mini-Con

Postby Patrick Bateman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:18 am

Idiots. Reminds me of when the cinema was full with parents showing their kids the adult version of 300.
Patrick Bateman
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Zombie Starscream » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:50 am

Motto: "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Where is the logic about all these parents bringing the little kiddies to see this movie, and then complain when the kiddies see something the parents don't want them to see? It IS rated PG-13! The PG-13 stands for Parental Guidence under 13 which should be a hint. Granted, I don't like some of the content that is allowed under the PG-13 rating. I do think some of it goes a bit far, and I can understand if someone took their 13 year old to see it, and the kid saw (or heard) something the parents thought was a bit too inappropriate even for that rating. But taking a little kid to a movie rated for teens and up is idiocy.

(rant/) What, you couldn't say no?!?! Did little Johnny give you those sad little kid eyes? Did you listen to all those 'child experts' who advised you that 'saying no' to him/her would be a detriment to the kid's self-esteem? Are you trying to be the kid's 'friend' instead of a parent, and it pains you when the kid says "I hate you!" when he/she doesn't get what he wants instantly, so you give in? Does he/she yell and throw a tantrum? (/end rant)

Sorry, but that kind of stuff just burns me up. If it ain't appropriate for him, then just don't take him! Giving in to him/her just shows who is in charge!
I AM THAT WIERD FANGIRL YOU'VE HEARD OF.
Zombie Starscream
Godmaster
Alt Mode: F-15
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby thirteen-spades » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:31 am

if i had a 5 year old id disown the little bugger if didnt watch it, what 5 year old doesnt like cars, and better yet cars that turn into giant ass kicking robots, some parents need to get there head out of there ass and stop blaming movie violence for there disfuctionall children, maybe you should pay a little more attention to them, or not get a divorce, or better yet be a parent in the first place.
thirteen-spades
Mini-Con

Postby flashmech » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm

There is always somebody complaining about something. I guess they can't make themselves useful doing anything else. If they don't want their kids to see the movie, that's up to them. They don't have any right to tell anybody else they can't see it. If they're so worried about a "commercial-free childhood" , then why don't they set an example for their kids and not salivate over things they see on television that they want. After all, kids are mostly influenced by their parents' behaviour.
flashmech
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #34 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 JAN220320 34E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #67 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAY230298 67D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211062 2E (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #53 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 OCT220252 53E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM325 75D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr C Bodybag Boom Comics 2022 JUN220384 9C (CA) Kieu"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #78 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM395 78B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr N FOC TMNT Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN228339 8N"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #85 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM335 85B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 MAR200891 (CA) Henderson"
CHILDREN OF THE AT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #8 Cvr B Boom Comics 2022 MAY220322 8B (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #66 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230292 66B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT210552 7G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON