This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:08 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Every year, SDCC brings with it some pretty big Transformers exclusives, such as this year's Metroplex, which was covered here. Sometimes, however, we tend to forget that even the little guys can make a big impact as an exclusive and the one that we're focusing on today is no different: San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Shockwave (Shockwave's Lab). As you can see, the packaging is part of the diorama and helps tie the two figures together in an impressive display:

Included are Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Shockwave and Cyberverse Commander Class Predaking, in his "protoform" level of development.

Predaking is redone almost completely in translucent plastic, with bits of purple throughout, while Shockwave is his recognizable purple, but with new yellow deco sparsely applied on his body.

The set is available only at SDCC, priced at $49.99. To see more of the galleries of Shockwave and Predaking you can click on any of the pictures below. You can visit all of Seibertron.com's extensive galleries by clicking here.

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Predaking (Shockwave's Lab)

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news, updates and the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Probably the better of the three SDCC exclusives. The Titan Guardians PVCs are just horrible all around, and Metroplex is way out of my league. Hopefully the aftermarket prices won't be ridiculous...
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I really like the Predaking figure from this set. It feels like a Japanese chase figure to me since we don't usually receive transparent exclusives from Hasbro. Kudos for this unique figure and set. I really liked it.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby El Duque » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:43 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I have a feeling this set till be easy to get just like the last two Transformers Prime SDCC exclusives. The Matrix Deluxe Prime and the Rust in Peace Cliffjumper were both available for a while on HTS.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:32 am

I really do like this set, especially the diorama, but one thing troubles me greatly.

Predaking. That translucent plastic makes me cringe. I have Armada Mini-Cons just cracking like eggshells. I'm not the only one. It's no GPS, but TPS is a real problem. I'm hoping that since his plastic appears to be thicker, it might not crack or break. (One can hope)
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby njb902 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 am

Autobot032 wrote:I really do like this set, especially the diorama, but one thing troubles me greatly.

Predaking. That translucent plastic makes me cringe. I have Armada Mini-Cons just cracking like eggshells. I'm not the only one. It's no GPS, but TPS is a real problem. I'm hoping that since his plastic appears to be thicker, it might not crack or break. (One can hope)

Maybe you should file a tps report :lol:
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 am

njb902 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I really do like this set, especially the diorama, but one thing troubles me greatly.

Maybe you should file a tps report :lol:

Hmmmmm.... yeeeeeah. But then I'd have to stay over on Saturday...Yeeeeah, that'd be great, okay? Thanks.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Is Shockwave's eye yellow? It doesn't look like it, but being translucent probably obscures it a little. Looks kinda... dead, compared to the mass-release.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:Is Shockwave's eye yellow? It doesn't look like it, but being translucent probably obscures it a little. Looks kinda... dead, compared to the mass-release.

No, it's red like the mass release. Might be a darker shade, though. Seibertron could shed more light on that one.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:45 am

That diorama looks half-assed. Looks like someone threw together a prototype with some leftover plastic packaging and they said "Meh, good enough, let's just make it like that."

Seems like they put a lot of thought and time and effort into other SDCC exclusives, like the awesome GI Joe crossover sets, but when it comes to Transformers they're just like "Give it a slightly different paint job, put it in a fancy box, and sell it for double the retail value."
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTERSHOT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Betatron 2016 230903A"
SCATTERSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
NEW!
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON