This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
YRQRM0 wrote:Still though, so many things wrong! The wing isn't a sword, the colors are off, the null cannons are not mounted on his back in bot mode, gah! I do hope the null cannons can detach and mount on the shoulders since they don't flip like before. Even though their translucence would ruin that look anyways. I didn't really expect a Swindle but he would've been nice too, even if he didn't transform.

Well, the swords can store in the wings, so I guess that's a plus. If accuracy is bothersome, it appears the wings can pop off, so if you're keen on displaying him, I suggest having him hold a sword and leaving the traditional left wing off to the side. That's what I'll most likely be doing. ;)

Agreed, the colors are a tiny bit off. More specifically, the legs. They need more silver/gray.

The Armada anime also had his hips silver/gray as well, so I wish they had done that as well.

The intakes appear to fold onto his shoulders, giving him his traditional look. Don't know what to say about the shoulder-mounted null ray cannons.

A Swindle would have been really nice, agreed. We'll just have to see if the official images actually have him.

Give me more Armada generations! As long as they're highly poseable I'll take them.

Agreed on all accounts. I'd love to see them pump out Red Alert, Demolishor, or Cyclonus.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:20 pm

If you want a figure that looks EXACTLY like Armada Starscream, then buy an Armada Starscream. This is the Generations version.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby dedcat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
Out of all the targetmasters they go with Scoop? Is he some kind of cult/fan favorite that I'm just not aware of?

Or, are we just choosing characters based on infinite repaint potential now?(scrapper, landmine, etc)
dedcat
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Grahf_ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
GuyIncognito wrote:If you want a figure that looks EXACTLY like Armada Starscream, then buy an Armada Starscream. This is the Generations version.

Indeed.

All the bitching and nitpicking over such trivial details is just disgusting. Then these same people wonder why Hasbro doesn't bother to cater to collectors.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby RhA » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
SCOOP. MY BODY IS READY.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
dedcat wrote:Out of all the targetmasters they go with Scoop? Is he some kind of cult/fan favorite that I'm just not aware of?

Or, are we just choosing characters based on infinite repaint potential now?(scrapper, landmine, etc)

LANDMINE! That's who I thought it was... and we just had a Landmine, not too long ago... so I'm really not digging yet another RANDOM construction truck when they could instead (oh, I don't know :roll: ) release a proper Devastator? Wait... I forgot - Hasbro is good with third parties covering that! :lol:

Also, not feeling SS. I just think he looks a little dinky. The larger Armada SS seems grander. >:oP

Alpha Weltall wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:If you want a figure that looks EXACTLY like Armada Starscream, then buy an Armada Starscream. This is the Generations version.

Indeed.

All the bitching and nitpicking over such trivial details is just disgusting. Then these same people wonder why Hasbro doesn't bother to cater to collectors.

UH OH!!! IT'S THE OPINION POLICE!!! Quick, anyone with dissension or criticism, HEAD FOR THE HILLS! :roll: Hasbro, as you say, does NOT care to hear complaints. And surely the avalanche of unsold BB's and Optimi will not harm the company financially. Surely. :grin: But let's agree to worship all design choices, as beggars worship a crumb of bread. It's not like we could buy a proper Devastator from anyone else... :roll: :lol:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Metrosuplex wrote:But let's agree to worship all design choices, as beggars worship a crumb of bread.

No one is suggesting that. >:oP
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby noctorro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Starscream is delicious...

My mad ravings have been answered. The Armada Starscream was great, only needed shoulder joints and an extra hip pivot. And Skywarp shouldn't have had a new head. Those 3 were great.
This one has all that and more, cannons can flip down on the back. Hopefully they'll make all three seekers. I'm already in seeker heaven with the upcoming Thundercracker to complete the FOC trio. + Rhinox/Waspinator, good times. No complaints.
But I already forgave Hasbro for anything they'll do the coming 5 years for FOC Starscream/Bruticus and Metroplex.

I'll be getting Scoop to, since I only own a very few Target Masters.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Grahf_ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Metrosuplex wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:

Indeed.

UH OH!!! IT'S THE OPINION POLICE!!! Quick, anyone with dissension or criticism, HEAD FOR THE HILLS! :roll: Hasbro, as you say, does NOT care to hear complaints. And surely the avalanche of unsold BB's and Optimi will not harm the company financially. Surely. :grin: But let's agree to worship all design choices, as beggars worship a crumb of bread. It's not like we could buy a proper Devastator from anyone else... :roll: :lol:

Not even worth a further retort.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Here are the official product images for Starscream and Scoop. It appears you can fold Starscream's intakes for a much more accurate appearance (WOOT WOOT):

It would be sweet if we get more Targetmasters figures in the future, using a combination of Nightstick, Holepunch, and Tracer. :grin:

I've also got images of Shrapnel and Reflector (both of which are adorable!) and Skywarp (they got his colors right! WOOT!), I'm just waiting for the right thread to put them up.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Mindmaster wrote:I've also got images of Shrapnel and Reflector (both of which are adorable!) and Skywarp (they got his colors right! WOOT!), I'm just waiting for the right thread to put them up.

Reflector is a new mold? And what style is Shrapnel based on based on? :shock:
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I've also got images of Shrapnel and Reflector (both of which are adorable!) and Skywarp (they got his colors right! WOOT!), I'm just waiting for the right thread to put them up.

Reflector is a new mold? :shock:

Yeah. I'll PM you the image in just a moment. Prepare your inbox... ;)

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
That Armada Starscream figure had better be damn near perfect because the original figure was one of the best from the Armada line.

And they'd also better do five repaints as general releases and not goddamn exclusives.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Burn wrote:And they'd also better do five repaints as general releases and not goddamn exclusives.

As much as I don't want that to happen, you know they will. :(

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Grimlock64 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:07 pm

HO. LEE. COW.

Armada Starscream! He was my first, and favorite Armada figure! My only gripe is the wings don't transform into the swords anymore, but minor thing!

AND SCOOP!!! He was one of my favorite G1 toys growing up! I want these SO MUCH.
Grimlock64
Micromaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 pm

As for Swindle missing from Starscream, that would put more weight to the rumor it's not Armada Starscream, but rather a new body for G1 IDW Starscream. :-? Repurpose away.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:16 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:As for Swindle missing from Starscream, that would put more weight to the rumor it's not Armada Starscream, but rather a new body for G1 IDW Starscream. :-? Repurpose away.

Yeah. I read that most of these new Deluxes are supposed to show up in the "Dark Cybertron" series from IDW. I'd believe it.

Third party companies, begin your contemplation of a mini-Swindle. :lol: Seriously, though: I don't own an original Armada Swindle, and if I did, he would look a little too large with Starscream.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Windsweeper » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Scoop, my favourite Wrecker!!!

Nice to see Holepunch and Tracer as well.

Mindmaster, this is the right thread. Please show us Shrapnel, Reflector and Skywarp. I don't think anyone will complain.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Windsweeper wrote:Scoop, my favourite Wrecker!!!

Nice to see Holepunch and Tracer as well.

Mindmaster, this is the right thread. Please show us Shrapnel, Reflector and Skywarp. I don't think anyone will complain.

I feel I should remind everyone Shrapnel/Sharpshot is a Legends, and partnered with Reflector.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Very well, then, if nobody minds. All images courtesy of TFW2005.

NOTE: As JelZE mentioned, keep in mind that Shrapnel is Legends sized, with Reflector being the size of the latest Targetmasters. ;)

Also, as an added bonus, here's Tailgate & Groundpounder. Tailgate is based on his MTMTE design.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby craggy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 pm

I've not nostalgic connection to either Armada Starscream or Scoop, but I could see myself getting these guys. Maybe hold off on Screamer to see if there's a repaint lined up, but even in the red this guy will be pretty cool. Always liked the robot mode and swordsman idea behind the Armada design, just the toy...really didn't sell me on that idea.

Scoop just looks like an awesome generic orange Autobot construction dude. If/When we get a nice IDW Impactor, or larger sized Origins Megatron, I could see this guy working the Energon mines with them.

edit: Shrapnel and Tailgate will be mine. Loving these new Legends, and the more smaller bots (as opposed to larger bots in smaller scale) we get the better!
Last edited by craggy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby RAcast » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Skywarp and Tailgate.

BOUGHT.
ON.
SIGHT.

Shrapnel is fantastic too.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Windsweeper » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Reflector is very disappointing.

Legends is the size class that ruins Transformers for me. Bring back Scouts.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Here are the official product images for Starscream and Scoop. It appears you can fold Starscream's intakes for a much more accurate appearance (WOOT WOOT):

Thank Primus! Very interesting that the cannons are facing that way in jet mode and robot mode, but hey I'll take it.
If the wings are removable and able to be held, even if they don't fold out into swords, I'll be really happy. But I'm not counting on it.

Also just noticed the ports on his arms. Nice.
Last edited by YRQRM0 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:39 pm

RAcast wrote:Skywarp and Tailgate.

BOUGHT.
ON.
SIGHT.

I already own WFC/FOC Starscream, and with Thundercracker and Skywarp coming down the pipe, I can rest easy and finally have my first complete Seeker squadron. :x

I'll more than likely pick up Tailgate, but he isn't a priority.

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #101 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics MAY230703  (CA) Cockrum (W)Claremont"
X-MEN #101 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #180 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230701 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #129 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics AUG230811 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #129 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230685 (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #142 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics SEP230777 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #142 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 Sliney"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC263 (CA) Swan + Kaye"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #38 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0922DC131 Robin (CA) Kane+More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC162 Blank Sketch"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1122DC116 (CA) Infantino + Anderson"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240732 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2023 0723DC814 1C (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON